Ultimate reason to be a Christian (under age drinking!)

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Ultimate reason to be a Christian (under age drinking!)

The chaplain of the famous St Martins in the Square Chapel in Central London when asked why he had become a chaplain.

His answer was when he was 16 he used to visit the folk music club in the chapel. There the priests would serve beer without asking for ID (its 18 in London).

Thats a pretty compelling argument in the favour of the Church of England, through I suspect this man could be closet pastafarian with an attitude to grog like that Smiling

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
As far back as I can

As far back as I can remember we would get to drink real wine in the latin mass... but the priest stood over us and made sure we only took a sip. Sad

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote: As far

shelleymtjoy wrote:
As far back as I can remember we would get to drink real wine in the latin mass... but the priest stood over us and made sure we only took a sip. Sad

Slightly different this church actually had a bar in it,

One cathedral in the UK has a mcdonalds in it too, only way to stop them going under.

It's amazing the number of nightclubs in the UK that are converted churches, well the bible says something about dancing for joy or something (Footloose, footloose everyone get footloose)