Senator Inhofe's floor speech and related materials finally released.

Eric Ferguson
User is offlineOffline
Senator Inhofe's floor speech and related materials finally released.

Friday, December 8th, 2006
Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla.), the outgoing Chairman of Environment & Public Works Committee, announced "A Skeptic's Guide to Debunking Global Warming Alarmism. Hot & Cold Media Spin Cycle: A Challenge To Journalists who Cover Global Warming."

Note the word alarmism.

In it Inhofe states "the IPCC has a history of failing your one condition – that findings not be exaggerated – as I detailed for my Senate colleagues. To be direct, the IPCC is no longer an institution that can be credibly relied upon in setting public policy."

Get it while you can, I'm sure this will go out of print soon. It's an excellent collection of news articles, press releases, speeches, EPW findings, and segments taken from the IPCC reports.

"The effects of aerosols and their uncertainties, are such as to nullify completely the reliability of any climate models." - Dr. Vincent Gray, climate researcher and IPCC reviewer

And from the IPCC second assessment "No study to date has positively attributed all or part [of the climate change observed to date] to anthropogenic causes."

Of particular interest is Inhofe's letter to IPCC Chairman R. K. Pachauri.

A letter I had not yet read by Bob Carter, a geologist and founder of the Australian Environmental Foundation includes "the empirical data stressed by climate rationalists will ultimately prevail over the predictions of the unvalidated computer models. Perhaps then we will be able to attend to the real climate policy problem, which is to prepare response plans for extreme weather events, and for climate warmings as well as coolings, in the same way we prepare to cope with all other natural hazards."

From National Post in Canada "'Climate change is real' is a meaningless phrase used repeatedly by activists to convince the public thata climate catastrophe is looming and humanity is the cause. Neither of these fears is justified. Global climate changes occur all the time due to natural causes and the human impact still remains impossible to distinguish from this natural 'noise.'"

Get the report here, PDF document
A Skeptic's Guide to Debunking Global Warming Alarmism

Consider this account closed. It's disgraceful this site has no function to delete an account. I cannot be part of an organization that seeks only to replace the religion of the god of the bible with the religion of "poor me" bleeding heart liberalism. Rational my ass! Not believing in a god is one thing. A rational view of the rest of the world is something else, which isn't found here.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jerry Falwell Says It's Satan's Fault!

Jerry Falwell dedicated this week’s sermon at his Thomas Road Baptists Church to debunking “The Myth Of Global Warming.”

Almost right off the bat, Falwell issued the disclaimer that “I am quick to say that I am not a scientist,” but that didn’t stop him from making a series of boldly incoherent statements:  

The endless hysteria and alarmism over alleged global warming has increasingly become a national and international nuisance and loses credibility with every passing day. The entire myth has little to do with science and much to do with politics.

Falwell lays the blame for the perpetuation of this myth squarely at the feet of Al Gore, liberal politicians, the media, “radical Hollywood,” … and the Weather Channel:

The Weather Channel has taken up that task with its series ‘It Could Happen Tomorrow’. The Weather Channel started its "It Could Happen Tomorrow" series in January 2006. The program includes episodes where a tornado destroys Dallas, a tsunami destroys the Pacific Northwest, Mount Rainier erupts and destroys nearby towns, and San Diego is devastated by wildfires. What is the Weather Channel up to? … The big lie, conceived by the Weather Channel in cahoots with environmental extremists, is to get us in a tizzy over global warming.

Despite admittedly having no scientific credibility whatsoever, Falwell nonetheless feels that he is perfectly qualified to declare:

This so-called fact is the greatest deception in the history of science. We are wasting time, energy and trillions of dollars while creating unnecessary fear and consternation over an issue with no scientific justification.

As for why Hollywood, liberals, and The Weather Channel are so intent on pushing this myth, Falwell offers three simple explanations:

(1) To Create Major Economic Damage to America.

(2) The Desire To Change the Subject Concerning the World’s Moral Bankruptcy.

(3) Most importantly, it is Satan’s Attempt to Re-direct the Church’s Primary Focus.

You can’t argue with that sort of rigorous scientific reasoning, especially since Falwell’s presentation appears to have been based largely on “A Skeptic’s Guide to Debunking Global Warming Alarmism,” (PDF) a report released by that other noted scientific expert, Sen. James Inhofe.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/2007/02/i_am_not_a_scie.html

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The Weather Channel"

"The Weather Channel"

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
rab wrote: "The Weather

rab wrote:
"The Weather Channel"

Just curious as to why the phrase amuses you. I can think of reasons, but yours isn't self evident. Sticking out tongue

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's funny because Jerry

It's funny because Jerry Falwell thinks the media giant is part of a left wing conspiracy.