Question for Rook

Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
User is offlineOffline
Question for Rook

Hi. I also like to study the bible, and ancient history. I was wondering which scholars have influenced you the most. I know you are a Christ Myth theory supporter, but I was just wondering which books, or people, have influenced you the most.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bahana wrote:Hi. I also like

Bahana wrote:
Hi. I also like to study the bible, and ancient history. I was wondering which scholars have influenced you the most. I know you are a Christ Myth theory supporter, but I was just wondering which books, or people, have influenced you the most.

Hey Bahana,

First let me state that I do not feel the Mythicist position is theory, but the most accurate situation we have to represent the growth of Christianity.

As for influences, there have been many. Dennis McKinsey, Richard Carrier, Dr. Price, Doherty, Remmsburg, and one can't forget St. Paul.

For books, I would suggest going directly to the sources. The Bible is the best source, but it doesn't hurt to have a few works of interest. Erdman's Commentary is great, the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church is a must. I would also suggest "The Jesus Puzzle" by Doherty and "The Encyclopedia of Biblical Errancy" by McKinsey. Get the Greek NT from NA (the 27th Addition). I could go on of course, but these are the best. If you have some knowledge already, these also function as intermediate level books.

Hope this helps.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)