New RRS Network sites coming soon! (site will be up and down for a few days)

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
New RRS Network sites coming soon! (site will be up and down for a few days)

Over the next week or two you're going to see drastic changes to our network.  You'll see new site designs, new color changes, and new sites coming on board. Don't get too excited or attached to any one feature, we could have to scrap a feature or color set at anypoint to put something more compatible in its place.   

ALL OF THE SITES ARE BEING UPGRADED AND OVERHAULED.  PLEASE HANG IN THERE WITH US AS WE PREPARE FOR CONSIDERABLE GROWTH.

Affected sites:  RationalResponders Margaret Downey Ask the Atheist Free Thinking Teens Greydon Square Atheist Volunteers Prayers To Jake Christian Pwnage Mr. GAWN WOTM Watchdog Celebrity Atheists ReligionIsRetarded (likely to be handled in roughly that order as well)

We'll be doing some tinkering over the next few weeks, if any other CSS experts want to step up and help with theming and browser compatibility issues, we could use one more person in that area. 

Expect the network to be down for about 3 hours, sometime after Thursday Jan 31, 6pm est.  We're not sure when everything will be up or how many times we'll pull the network offline, but we will try to have a huge chunk done by Feb 5th.  Join us in one of the stickam rooms or in the skype room if you're lonely during the downtime.

Here is a sneak preview of some of the site... still tons of reworks left to do that you don't see here.

Sure you're ready for light colors?

An effort will be made to take site offline as late as possible on the nights when we need to pull it down. 

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Looks good so far, I'll

Looks good so far, I'll assume we can switch to darker ones if wanted. Smiling

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   thanks

thanks Sapient

just some thoughts,

I like the dark back round, nice on the eyes .... and different, makes RRS unique too.

Mabey options  the color ? Old / New

I have gotten comfortable here and wouldn't want to feel "LOST"

The message and communication is priority one.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
I am god as you, if there

I am god as you, if there is the ability to change themes, it will only be for members, your bronze membership will be enough.  Also that theme will get a little darker.  No white at all if I get my way.  Light blues and light greys in place of white.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: I am god as

Sapient wrote:

I am god as you, if there is the ability to change themes, it will only be for members, your bronze membership will be enough. Also that theme will get a little darker. No white at all if I get my way. Light blues and light greys in place of white.

That would be nice of you. I prefer sites to use darker colors, since I don't hope to go blind any time soon. And it would just be embarassing if my eyes were more bloodshot than the WoW kids'.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
We're jumping back and

We're jumping back and forth on light and dark... here's the current stages of development...

FORUM...

FRONT PAGE...

Still tons of revisions coming to this, just wanted you to see the progress.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rambo kitty is going right

Rambo kitty is going right for Greydon. Sad

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
He always has been a racist

He always has been a racist son of a bitch.  I wouldn't expect anything else from him.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   Looks great , and I've

Looks great

, and I've noticed some recent improvement in "Click" time in IE , cool

, so much the better, for slaying the GOD OF ABE !  

, helping the neighbors get FREE ....

stay focused on the message in color !