I am sorry for losing the last 20 hours of data

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I am sorry for losing the last 20 hours of data

Hey folks... as we ehance and grow with the site, we work very hard to ensure that all content created by the users stays in tact.  Unfortunatly we lost about 20 hours of data today when we neede to restore the site to our last backup to fix a bunch of errors I created today by trying to enhance the site.  Sticking out tongue

Sorry about that.

Coming soon is enhanced subscriber functionality over free member.... theme changes for paying members, blogs for subscribers only, and more.

Become a subscriber for as cheap as $3 per month for enhanced board options. 

Pick up the new Greydon Square album. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've addressed several

I've addressed several issues in the last 24 to 36 hours.  If you PM'd me about an issue and it's un-fixed now, please send a new PM to me, not Sapient.

Just as a general rule, if anyone has issues with badges, account status, thread problems and such, send me the PM.  Sapient has a constant 100 PM backup.  I don't.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   damn that hurts, ....

damn that hurts, .... no way to recover ? was some good stuff .... ouch , oh well ..... like when best guitar solos weren't recorded .....  

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   Hopefully the OP

Hopefully the OP posters can re submit, I use a folder to write in , then paste .... come back people ,

.... umm, mabey an act of god ?  that SOB ..... 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
ahhhh so some people are

ahhhh so some people are going to get a second chance !

Laughing

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and I was caught up on

Oh, and I was caught up on my PMs.  If you sent me a PM, and you haven't seen a reply, you'll need to send it again because I had responded to everything.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Look forward to a big site

Look forward to a big site speed increase effective now. 

Many of the blocks on the left and right now will be stored in cache to speed site up. 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
increase in page load

increase in page load confirmed

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
It's gonna get even

It's gonna get even faster.  I'm springing for some more RAM for the server, should be installed soon. 

We've tried caching entire pages of the site before, but when we do, we have major problems.  We have found a way tonight to cache blocks. 

For the computer illiterate, this means that the blocks you see on the left hand and right hand side of the site are stored in your computer (I think you need to be logged in).  Each time you reload a page, some of the blocks should load much faster.  Google ads and widgetbucks ads are not cached, they will still load.  Speaking of which.... please don't use ad blockers on our site (if you're a supporter)... we count on ad impressions.

We've spent many hours tweaking our ads to be more relevant.  I hope you find them more enjoyable to view.  We would like to tweak the list even further, and have inquired to google as to how to do that.  We reached their 200 site limit for excluding ads.  Yes... we've excluded 200 of the top theistic bidding google advertisers (props to Zombie and Aiia for helping). 

Can anyone else confirm the increased site speed? 

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Can anyone

Sapient wrote:

Can anyone else confirm the increased site speed?

It's faster.  The content is up right away and it takes a few seconds for the ads to fill in. 

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
My average load time for any

My average load time for any page in the site hasn't changed.  It is anywhere between 6 and 17 seconds depending on the page and the amount of content.  Oddly, pages that seem like they should load faster (my account) do not.  I have noticed that the forum loads faster as do threads.  The main page loaded between 6 and 7 seconds several times over.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
After testing I'm not

After testing I'm not seeing the desired result.  The logs tell me that half of the blocks are reloading anyway... maybe more than half.

Now it's looking like a 5-10% increase in speed.  This is if you have cache turned on your browser as well. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   no worrys, don't over

no worrys, don't over work, in fact never work .... only fun , .... know bob black ? , he wrote, "The Abolition Of Work" .... hee hee , all the fun to ya .... and us , thanks ......

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
The site is working much

The site is working much faster.  It's great!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*Whistles on by*   Got a

*Whistles on by*

Got a question. Just had a few moments of access to the net and decided to wander through all my different net accounts to keep them active, so it'll probably be awhile before I see the answer. However, if not asked, never answered. I noticed that Sapient mentioned that blogs are now subscriber only. I was wondering what happened to blogs written before hand? I can't seem to find mine, so I'm just curious as to whether they've been deleted, I simply can't access them, or I'm simply blind. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Vastet, Hey pal.  There's

Vastet,

Hey pal.  There's been a bunch of changes.  Your blog was up but you just couldn't access unless you had a direct link.  However as I said we have free exemptions to give blog access to people who either have tons of posts leading up to this point, or have been using the blog feature in a positive manner up to this point.  You would easily fit that qualification.  So I added the "blogger" title to your account, and you've now got blog privs again.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sweet. Thanks man.

Sweet. Thanks man. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.