RRS: NYC

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS: NYC

I brought this up in a post a month or so ago, but after seeing a post calling for a chapter in Texas, I decided to bring the topic to the forefront again.

Whether in the form of RRS or not, I would love to meet up with fellow atheists in the NYC area and maybe collaborate on possible Atheist initiatives. I'm still somewhat of a novice in this arena, but I am fast learning the best arguments against theism.

Lately I've found myself more charged and willing than ever to fight against this great threat to our nation, and want to start doing more than simply posting on RRS forums. I've got ideas for things like a possible documentary, in which I don't know where to begin. And I'm looking to get more media coverage about Atheism in general.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in the NYC area and I

I'm in the NYC area and I would definitely be interested. 

Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in Brooklyn (work in

I'm in Brooklyn (work in Manhattan) and I'm def. game.  I like the idea of a 5 borough or even tri-state RRS ...

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm responding to this

I'm responding to this again, even though I already have responded before.  I definitely think this is a fantastic idea.  I'm also interested in doing the volunteering as well.  Hopefully this gets a little more reponse than it did before. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

AtheistAviB
AtheistAviB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in Brooklyn and I'm

I'm in Brooklyn and I'm extremely interested in getting something started within the five boroughs.
The sooner the better folks, one life, must move quick...

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
I think it would be good to

I think it would be good to have a chapter over there in NY its a major area. and I am sure there there is irrationality there as there is everywhere!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
as I said before, I totally

as I said before, I totally agree.  I'm in NJ but work in NYC. 

Alex14
User is offlineOffline
I'd be interested too. I'm

I'd be interested too. I'm in the Bronx, and let me tell you it's hard to find others that are freethinkers. Anyways, having an RRS chapter in NYC would be fantastic!

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
me too

someone pick a place, a day & time...I'll be there...

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
A friend of mine just opened

A friend of mine just opened a bar in Bklyn...Safe Haven.  Good food, good drink, AWESOME human beings.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
If somebody wants to take

If somebody wants to take the lead in creating an RRS affiliate for NYC area, send me an email or PM and I'll fill you in on the procedure. Otherwise, there's NYC atheists who are active and have lots of events/meetings and stuff.