Minneapolis chapter?

ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts's picture
User is offlineOffline
Minneapolis chapter?

Hi folks, I registered an account here ages ago, made a couple posts, and then got distracted and disappeared.  However, I've since become an official co-conspirator over at the WOTM Watchdog blog (where I'm known as "BoxerShorts," so I figured I should become more active in this community. 

Anyway, is anyone interested in starting a Minneapolis/Twin Cities RRS chapter?  Mostly, I'm just looking for people to make some anti-WOTM videos with.  I already have a camera, I just need someone to hold it and point it at me (or vice versa).  But as long as we'd be getting together anyway, we might as well start a chapter.

If there's any interest, I'll start a Myspace page for it.  Sound off, and stay tuned. 

The Kid From 13...
User is offlineOffline
Hey there

Hey there ThaiBoxerShorts.  There is actually already a MySpace page for RRS Minnesota.

http://www.myspace.com/rrsminnesota

No one appears to be maintaining it as I sent a friend request for it in months ago but the last log in for that account was in February.  Anyway, if a RRS chapter ever launches in Minnesota that would be something I would be very interested in.  I'm from Red Wing, about an hour south of the Twin Cities area.

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
Whoever's in charge of that

Whoever's in charge of that account isn't doing much with it.  Zero friends and hasn't logged in in seven months.  I sent a message and a friend request.  If I don't get a response by Sunday, I'm starting my own, most likely under the name "RRS Minneapolis" or "RSS Twin Cities."  Greater Minnesota residents will be welcome as well.

The Kid From 13...
User is offlineOffline
Yeah it is just a

Yeah it is just a placeholder for when a RRS chapter actually opens in Minnesota as it states on the page there.  I really think Minnesota could use a RRS chapter, just from personal experiences I believe there is a major religious problem in this state.

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
I sent an email to Kelly

I sent an email to Kelly asking if I could start an official Twin Cities affiliate.  If I get the green light, I'll let you know.  Yes, we'll technically be "RRS Twin Cities" according to the current plan, but we'll serve the needs of the whole state for the time being.  If the original RRS Minnesota ever gets off its ass, we'll narrow our focus and let them handle greater Minnesota.

The Kid From 13...
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like a good idea to

Sounds like a good idea to me.