Ok, we're in Newsweek, we have gotten alot more popular, however, in addition our votes have gone down 20 votes in about 3 hours

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, we're in Newsweek, we have gotten alot more popular, however, in addition our votes have gone down 20 votes in about 3 hours

Hey it's me again. While we are very excided the voice atheism is getting this week, however that comes with a price.
On the Community Counts site, (www.communitycounts.us/debates) the votes for our question about non religious voters has gone down about 20 points in just 3 hours. In order for the CNN editors to notice and air our question to the Presidential Candidates, we need to stand out...by number of votes. 
Please, if there is anyway you can help support are question (which is still in first) please do. This will be a great moment for atheism if our question is asked. 
Thanks so much!!

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
benjdm wrote: How would

benjdm wrote:

How would you like the question "How will you appeal to non-religious voters ?" to be asked during the CNN democratic presidential debate July 23rd ? CNN started a contest and is picking youtube video questions to ask the candidates. Surprisingly, we have managed to put this video in first, a fact which Newsweek picked up on. Vote here to help keep it in first - the lead is narrowing.

Thanks !

I clicked on the green "answer" to bump it up, but when I refreshed that page the vote count didnt go up, am I doing something wrong? 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The artical also says that

The artical also says that there is a chance that CNN will ignore what it doesnt like.

TV debates are nothing but media marketing and this may just be a marketing ploy on CNN's part. I would be amazed if that question was asked. But even CNN panders to Christianity.

I'd also suggest to all reading this to actually get into a tv audiance and get yourself on a prepackaged question list that puts you up to the mic. Once you are there and the camera is live you can switch the question on them and not ask the one they think you are going to ask.

"What will you do to educate the public about  " No religious test" being in the Constitution and the fact that anyone of any belief or no belief in a deity can run for any office."

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done.  

Done.

benjdm
User is offlineOffline
CNN Democratic debate question

How would you like the question "How will you appeal to non-religious voters ?" to be asked during the CNN democratic presidential debate July 23rd ? CNN started a contest and is picking youtube video questions to ask the candidates. Surprisingly, we have managed to put this video in first, a fact which Newsweek picked up on. Vote here to help keep it in first - the lead is narrowing.

Thanks !

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks so much again Ben,

Thanks so much again Ben, we're in 2nd right now but, unlike what's on the minds of most people here, I would be surprised if CNN *didn't* air it. I mean, Newsweek is suggesting they do, and they are doing a segment called "God's Country" going after Christian fundies and how they are taking over the government. I watch CNN all the time, they seem pretty fair minded, they are not like Fox. I'm not sure exactly why every atheist seems to hate CNN. 

Support our voice in politics by voting for the question "Is America unofficially a Theocracy?" at http://www.communitycounts.us/debates so it can be asked live at the CNN/YouTube debates!!

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
They did a story a few

They did a story a few months ago on whether atheists are oppressed - 2 of the panelists were Christians (one guy was open minded.) The other one claimed to be jewish, but seemed Christian. The 2 harpies were very insulting to atheists.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
I did see that but, that

I did see that but, that might have been a mistake. As they redid the whole thing, with Ellen Johnson from American Atheists on the Panel, and she often visits whenever they talk about religion on Paula Zahn. Other than that one messup, I don't see another reason to as an atheist hate CNN.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just saw Ellen on Paul

I just saw Ellen on Paul Zaun just now as part of the "ask the cannidates's". "Out in the open" pannel.

It really sucks that there is not enough time to respond in full. She got ambushed with the "Stalin was an atheist" by one guest and another said "Were the founders atheists?".

Ellen seemed to stumble a bit and of course there was no time to answer the questions in full like we can in text here.

Unsavedsinner
Unsavedsinner's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw it too. Rediculous,

I saw it too. Rediculous, they cut her out and gave her no time to respond to the Jew and Christian guys.
And worst of all, they played other atheist YouTube video questions...but not my Press acclaimed one. Sad Sticking out tongue

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wish they'd have more

I wish they'd have more atheists on most shows.  After Rosie left The View, I started checking out the discussions they open with, just to see what the hubbub was.  Most of it is boring crap, but I find I get offended by a lot of the attitudes of all the ladies.  Oddly, I find myself agreeing with Elisabeth Hasselbeck (spelling of last name?) more than the others, in the few shows I've watched.  Joy Behar is the closest the show has to an atheist...she's Jewish, and for separation of church and state.  But she and the older ladies said women are more culpable in an affair than the man, because, as Joy put it, "Men are idiots."  Elisabeth, the Christian, was of the mind that both parties are equal.

I'm rambling, though.  They sometimes bring up God and religion, and I'd like to see atheists in the discussion.  No, I'm not a fan of The View, but you know what I'm saying.  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Keep bumping this guys,

Keep bumping this guys, still got a few days left to keep the question up there.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Keep bumping

Brian37 wrote:
Keep bumping this guys, still got a few days left to keep the question up there.

Bump.

The debate is tonight but in addition we need to step up presure on all the Democratic And Republican cannidates. They are picking up on the technelogical age and have their own websites you can e-mail. Many have Myspace and YouTube accounts.

This is a great start. We also need to keep track of campain events and get secularists of all labes face to face with all the cannidates. This doesnt end here and it is up to all of us to raise our voices to ALL of the cannidates.

Hopefully there will be secularists at the Citidel tonight in the live audiance, but there will be pleanty of live events across the country that we can show up to and get face to face with them.

Not sure if voting on this video is closed yet but this bump is to remind people that the debate tonight may be the first in history that will deal with a cannidate answering questions from non-religious citizens.

BUMP, if you can still vote please do. 

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not seeing the video and

I'm not seeing the video and I've been through all the pages. what was the exact title?

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
It looks as though it's now

It looks as though it's now a new set of questions and videos. 

The video in question had been the second one one the page for quite some time and had lots of votes.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.