Thanks from Skepticality

skepticality
skepticality's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks from Skepticality

Hi,

I am Derek, from the show Skepticality. We recently had the RSS folks on our show, and it was big hit with our listeners. I wanted to say thanks for agreeing to the interview! 

Keep on doing your thing... 

Also, wanted to tell you all about a big Skeptic/Freethought event coming up this year, August 31st - September 3rd down here in Atlanta, GA at Dragon*Con. They are going to have a huge Skeptic/Freethought set of panels and events for the first time officially. Myself and Swoopy have been doing just one or two a year for the past 3-4 years, and finally this year they are allowing lots of big names to come and give talks and panels, even a debate or two. Myself and Swoopy are the directors for Podcasting and New Media for the con, and it will be great this year with all the new Skeptical and Free thought at the con. So far some of the big names coming to do lectures and events are: Michael Shermer, Benjimen Radford, Pamela Gay, Jeff Wagg, and possibly some others. If you need more information you can contact me at [email protected] but the site for the main con is: http://www.dragoncon.org/ 

Again, it was GREAT to have the RSS folks on our show, and nice to finally jump into the fray over here... Smiling

Derek Colanduno
host - Skepticality The Official Podcast of Skeptic Magazine
http://www.skepticality.com/

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
I listened to the show last

I listened to the show last week. I thought it was a GREAT show. I liked the topics that were discussed and the points of view given.

skepticality
skepticality's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks! We have an

Thanks!

We have an assorted set of topics on our show, we try to keep it that way to present different 'things' that those who enjoy the freethought type mentality happy and having new material for thier brains. We are already working on the next show, and it is a radical departure for the past couple shows... 

BTW, I love your B.G.H. picture dude... Smiling

Derek Colanduno

skepticality
skepticality's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks! I blame all you,

Thanks!

I blame all you, the fans of RRS people... for the fact that this episode, to date, is now our #1 most listened episode of all time. Since we've been running shows since late 2004, seems that your group is very active and avid for great Freethought and Skeptical information! Nice to see how many people out here in the world are our side(s). Smiling

Derek Colanduno

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
skepticality

skepticality wrote:

Thanks!

We have an assorted set of topics on our show, we try to keep it that way to present different 'things' that those who enjoy the freethought type mentality happy and having new material for thier brains. We are already working on the next show, and it is a radical departure for the past couple shows...

BTW, I love your B.G.H. picture dude... Smiling

Thank you for the comment about the avatar! Smiling

I guess I didn't mention it in the first response, I am a regular listener to Skepticality, long before your fairly recent return. Your podcast was one of the first three I ever subscribed to, along with Infidel Guy and Quirk and Quarks (now I regularly listen to about 25).

I never removed you guys from my podcast subscriptions because I knew you would be back. By the way, I am thankful you have recovered from your stroke Derek.

Swoopy hasn't done monkey news lately though... a favorite segment of many, I am sure. Maybe it is time to resurrect it (pun intended)?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Derek, it's a pleasure to

Derek, it's a pleasure to have you on board.

We had the chance to interview Michael Shermer for an hour today and we successfully cleared the air while finding common ground. The sneek peek summation is that Michael Shermer does in fact appreciate the squad and our style, he agrees that religion and the irrational should be confronted on a mutli faceted approach as well.

The interview will likely be embedded in one of our shows in the upcoming three weeks.

As for the high listener count on your show, I have a feeling it has something to do with us sending your homepage and link to file to over 40,000 people on myspace. Eye-wink Hopefully we both have some new fans. Smiling

skepticality
skepticality's picture
User is offlineOffline
Probably very true on all

Probably very true on all counts Sapient! Smiling

Never hesitate to send us an e-mail for ideas or anything like that... we could possibly work together at some point to further all of our collective ends! 

Derek Colanduno

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
skepticality wrote: Never

skepticality wrote:
Never hesitate to send us an e-mail for ideas or anything like that... we could possibly work together at some point to further all of our collective ends!

Right back atcha.  Smiling 

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
RRS Interview on Skepticality

I caught a repeat podcast of this and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how long it had been on before I tuned in, but I'll catch the entire interview here:

http://www.skepticality.com/p_listentopast.php 

Glad I tuned in when I did. Now I have one more alternative podcast and radio show to all the right wing BS out there!

Hearing that even Christians thought Ray and Kirk lost the debate was no surprise to me. I waited in anticipation to have it proven to me that god existed. Then we get all that bible shit. Laughing

[MOD EDIT - fixed link] 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation