david mills on my show tonight

hillbillyatheist
hillbillyatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline

David mills author of the Atheist Universe will be on the rational redneck hour today.

show airs tonight (saturday) at 7 PM CST

we're gonna do things different today, i will be hosting the show from my own computer.

why?

it costs $10 an hour to broadcast via freethoughtmedia..com and i don't get enough revenue. i simply can't afford to do 4 shows a month on the freethoughtmedia server, but here's what i am going to do.

i will have one show a month on freethoughtmedia (provided i get enough donations) and make it a special call in show for you the listeners to interact with me. the other three shows i will host on my own computer. it will be less audio quality, (still listenable) but i can host up to 87 people. these shows will be interviews, (no call ins) and this way i can save 30 dollars a month.

okay here's the deal.

first three saturdays of each month will be broadcast from my own computer. the last saturday of each month will be via freethoughtmedia. shows at 7 PM CST.

please post in this thread if you intend to listen tonight.

i need to know how low to set my kbps. 8 kbps is listenable (phone quality) , but if only 28 people tune in i can make it 24 kbps and it will be even better, so i need to know roughly how many are tuning in. so if you're tuning in post here and let me know. (or send me a PM)

here is the link you will need

http://24.117.247.118:8400/listen.m3u

(this link will be dead until 6:58 PM CST (show starts at 7)

i will be in the freethought media chatroom.

hillbillyatheist
User is offlineOffline

my show is now airing

http://24.117.247.118:8400/listen.m3u

show will re-air at midnight Central standard time

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Hey, HBA, is this one available for download? I've got most of your stuff, I think, but I recall listening to maybe half of this one a while back and would love to hear it again as I'm currently rereading Mill's book Atheist Universe

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

hillbillyatheist
User is offlineOffline

all my shows are at my site www.hillbillyatheist.com Eye-wink

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Thanks buddy Laughing out loud