It would be great if there was a god [Trollville]

xkcd
User is offlineOffline
It would be great if there was a god [Trollville]

Or rather, a good god. Yahweh and Allah are both horrible monsters, so it's better that they don't exist. But if there was a good god, that would be nice. It would neatly solve all of life's problems:

God would destroy all the 'bad' people in the world.

Then he'd create a paradise so all the 'good' people could live forever with their friends and loved ones. All the suffering of 'good' people would end forever, and death would be defeated.

He'd tell us everything about the universe so we could have complete understanding.

Can we admit that that would be really good? Can we admit that it sucks that the above isn't true? Again, I'm not a theist, I'm the rare atheist who yearns for a good god to fly down here and make things right (or rather, a rare atheist who admits that he wants a good god to fly down here and make things right), b/c life w/o god sucks IMO. Without a good god as I described, the good will go on suffering while the 'evil' continue prospering, people die forever, and we will never have complete understanding of this universe. That sucks, just admit it.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
xkcd wrote: ....and we

xkcd wrote:

....and we will never have complete understanding of this universe. That sucks, just admit it.

No, it does not suck. That is part of the wonderment and awe of living. If we knew everything there would be nothing to learn and that most certainly would not be 'fun'. 

xkcd
User is offlineOffline
B/c there's no god, I know

B/c there's no god, I know that the people who hurt me in the past will never be punished for what they did, and I will never be rewarded for the good I've done. I was born, I suffered at the hands of bad people, and one day I'll die forever. That really pisses me off. Fuck.

Life without a good god is horrible. Discontinue the human race.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I personally like to figure

I personally like to figure things out for myself.

Having a perfect world is as implausible as having a god. 

I think life is pretty nifty without god, imo.  You just have a negative attitude.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

xkcd
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I

pariahjane wrote:

I think life is pretty nifty without god, imo. You just have a negative attitude.

That's because you haven't felt the pain I have. Fuck off. 

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Who the hell are you to say

Who the hell are you to say what other people have felt?

Really though it doesnt matter what we have or have not felt. Most of us just try to make the best of a bad situation and move on.

I bet if you told us all these bad things that have happened to you there would be at least one person from these boards that would say they have been there to for each situation.

Stop your damn whining.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
xkcd wrote: pariahjane

xkcd wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

I think life is pretty nifty without god, imo. You just have a negative attitude.

Give me a fucking break.

Remember it's down the road, not across the street.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
xkcd wrote: pariahjane

xkcd wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

Excuse me?  I'd suggest you watch what you say.  There is no reason to attack me, since I did not attack you.  I can easily go back through your numerous threads and show you where you've been negative.  It's a fact, not an attack.

Secondly, you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through so try not to act like a victim here. 

Telling people to 'fuck off' doesn't earn you any points around here.

If god takes life he's an indian giver

xkcd
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: xkcd

pariahjane wrote:
xkcd wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

Excuse me? I'd suggest you watch what you say. There is no reason to attack me, since I did not attack you. I can easily go back through your numerous threads and show you where you've been negative. It's a fact, not an attack.

Secondly, you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've been through so try not to act like a victim here.

Telling people to 'fuck off' doesn't earn you any points around here.

Well, I know that you're a woman (apparently), and so I'm pretty sure you haven't felt pain like I have b/c females are generally protected from the real world, whereas men live in the cruel, cold real world. Women get so many breaks. 

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
You were warned once

You were warned once already by Hambydammit:

Hambydammit wrote:

xkcd, I'm going to be polite about this one more time, then I'm just going to start modding without comment.

We are familiar with your philosophy. You have started a thread in which you defended it, and others debated it. This thread is not a different topic. We have rules against spamming here. Spamming includes multiple posts on the same topic, and I'm counting this as your third post on the same topic.

Consider this a warning. Spamming is not tolerated, and may result in a temporary suspension of your account or a permanent ban, depending on the consensus of the mod team.

If you post another topic about how much life sucks, I will immediately move it to trollville and lock it, and will temporarily suspend your account until the mods discuss whether or not to ban you. Capiche?

You are welcome, and in fact, encouraged to post new topics about anything you like except for your philosophy of nihilism and angst. This is the last thread that will be allowed on the subject.

{edit: Grr.... I meant to say multiple threads on the same topic, not multiple posts. I'm not going to stop this thread, or any of the previous ones, so post all you like in these threads. These are your "whine" threads, and as long as people continue to cater to you, I'm not going to stop them. Just don't post any new threads about it, ok?}

This post falls along the same line and will be moved and locked, your account will be blocked while the mods can discuss your status on the forums.

If you have any questions about this message a mod, DO NOT create a sock puppet account to bitch about this action, that will constitute an immediate IP ban.