It is the guns and I am tired of the argument they are not the problem.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is the guns and I am tired of the argument they are not the problem.

5 more dead 18 injured at another bar, and yes, while LGBTQ were the targets, the ultimate issue is always the flooded market and ease of access. 

How is it 2 unarmed people in that bar managed to subdue the armed killer without guns yet hundreds of officers took 45 minutes to stop a mass shooter in a school? 

I am fucking sick of this shit. 

We need to stop making firearms like candy and handing them out like candy. PERIOD!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We already have DIY 3-D

We already have DIY 3-D printing and CNC so anyone that wants can build their own weapons. This technology is only going to get cheaper, easier to use in the near future. So your solution is what then? Have big brother monitor everything sent on the internet to make sure no one is receiveing the information to build their own weapons? Couldn't this mental case have just driving his car into a gay pride parade if that was goal?

Isn't real problem that too many fucked up people are having kids they can't properly raise and they end up being criminals? Society and the world is way too overwhelmed with all this dysfunction to properly care for so many fucked up people. So why isn't mandatory birth control the long term solution?

The fact is these mass shooting are very statistically insignificant. But the media maniplates the unwashed masses to make them care about this and not the big things that are fucking up life. like the Federal Reserve stealing from everyone via money printing, rampant theft and homelessness.

But you've been totally indoctrinated by public schools and the leftist media to never see the obvious truths about the world you live in and will just parrot whatever talking points they tell you to repeat. You are still in the cult of political indoctrination.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
The media isn't leftist.

The media isn't leftist. Libs aren't leftists. Stop lumping us in with them.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 No conversaiton to be had.

No conversaiton to be had. If you care more about an object than the lives people take with that object, then you are  morally bankrupt. 

Firearms are not living human beings. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: No

Brian37 wrote:

No conversaiton to be had. If you care more about an object than the lives people take with that object, then you are  morally bankrupt. 

Firearms are not living human beings. 

So we need not have any privacy. Big government must continually monitor everything we do to make sure we no one ever gets a weapon you don't like. Meanwhile highly dysfunctional people have as many babies as they please that will grow up to be criminals, because this is the only sacred freedom.

Will you be the one to confiscate weapons from criminal gangs and drug cartels? Or is this another case of you not being willing to put your money or your life on the line for what you believe in? I don't expect you'll be volunteering to do the gun confiscation, this posting is just an exersize in virtue signalling.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:The media isn't

iwbiek wrote:

The media isn't leftist. Libs aren't leftists. Stop lumping us in with them.

We have taxpayer funded colleges and we let 18 year old study whatever they please. The result is we have all these Journalism professors that don't have a real job and sponge off tax slaves with real jobs (like myself). So what do you think their politcal views are going to be? What will their students believe?

Get a job in the real world cleaning sewers, contructions, etc... or are they going to be like Marx and just be an 'intellectual' that just sits around bitching how unfair society is while others pay their bills while not really working a real job? Then these professors indoctrinate their students with their 'free stuff for me' political views. Of course you'll have an exterme leftist bias in the taxpayer funded indoctrination centers (aka public universities) where the journalist learn their craft.

Also, consider the 'journalists' that cover Washington and the state Capitols. Their jobs depend on massive transfer of wealth and power from the tax slaves in the hinterlands in order for these places to have any relevance. Do you think they would ever advocate for low taxes and less power for government? Then what would they report on if these places were not our masters? They are the biggest fan of big government, even the so-call conservative media. Why would anyone care what goes on in DC if they didn't have so much power over us? The media reports on the Vatican because they have power over a lot of people, politics is no different.

I wish for once you'd follow the easy money to understand why things are the way they are.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Until American universities,

Until American universities, media, etc., are calling for pulling the bosses out of their homes and hauling them before revolutionary tribunals--which, last I checked, they're not--you can't call them leftist.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't want to hear it.

I don't want to hear it. If we did not have the level of firearm violence we do in America, nobody would be bitching, I would not be bitching. But the fact remains we have MORE firearms in circulation than we have actulal people living in America. We have a flooded gun market and an ease of access propblem. Nothing is going to reduce firearm violence other than adressing that first. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Until American

iwbiek wrote:

Until American universities, media, etc., are calling for pulling the bosses out of their homes and hauling them before revolutionary tribunals--which, last I checked, they're not--you can't call them leftist.

The left in this country has been completly duped the unwashed masses into supporting massive welfare and other free benefits for corporations, uniiversities, government employees and media which only harm the real working class. They left is effectively anti-worker.

But the day after the executions, you still have the unwashed masses that will then be exploited by the Communist party bosses. So how are things any better?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, you're still not

Yeah, you're still not talking about the left. But I know calling libs "leftists" in order to fearmonger is a classic dogwhistle from the right, so whatever. Ironically, you absolutely should be afraid of real leftists.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Yeah, you're

iwbiek wrote:

Yeah, you're still not talking about the left. But I know calling libs "leftists" in order to fearmonger is a classic dogwhistle from the right, so whatever. Ironically, you absolutely should be afraid of real leftists.

The hard left is too lazy to learn a job skill or work hard, that is why they continually demand free stuff from the government and go into jobs like school teachers where they only 'work' half the days of the year. But, I should fear that they would do the hard work of becoming an effective fighting force? Are they learning military tactics, bomb making, survival in a war zone, etc... in their taxpayer funded gender studies classes?

If you believe the Marxists could organize an effective army, why can't they organize worker owned businesses instead of just bitching about Capitalism? The fact is these revolutionaries are all talk or like Castro they are just as greedy as any Capitalist.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:We need to

Brian37 wrote:

We need to stop making firearms like candy and handing them out like candy. PERIOD!

So why is your gun control president releasing the world's worst arms dealer?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:We need to

Brian37 wrote:

Most expensive candy I've ever paid for! Where is this mythical place guns are just handed out? My collection could use a little expansion.

Gun count: 82 

Humans killed: 0 (during my ownership, a few are quite old and several were at least carried through a war so maybe they killed someone)

Humans living in my home: 2

So yes, many more guns than people. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X