If you think you are not that guy, that is not true, sometimes you can be that guy and not realize it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
If you think you are not that guy, that is not true, sometimes you can be that guy and not realize it.

Everyone knows the old axiom you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make them drink.

i have been a complete ass on other website thinking having the facts was aways more inportant than someones feelings. No, it is but context matters. Sometimes you simply have to accept time place and context matter more than being right.

Now still don't care if someone gets offended, because it is about logic, not wanting to have anyone arrested or burnt at the stake. But even then, it also applies that time place and context matter.  Or more simply put, nobody likes a know it all. 

Well today and basically over the past couple of weeks on another website I did exactly what I sad I hated someone doing to me. I crashed really hard with reality hitting me in the face. It sucks that it took that to happen, and beyond that, while I am not banned, I damned sure know I am on a knifes edge, and even without any  ill intent, if they think they smell it, it still will not matter. Like the boy who cried wolf, was right the last time, but beause of shouting WOLF WOLF WOLF when really it was simply not right to repeat what I thought was correct because people will, like it or not will simply get to the point where they don't fucking care even if they do think you are right.

Now I have noticed I have been bombastic  and repetitive, and while I still think most of the stuff I am correct on, it may not be worth it at all if the end result is it having the opposite desired outcome than I wanted or expected. 

The problem was the repetition not the fact I sad it. I spammed so fucking much people got annoyed not because I was wrong, but I kept repeating myself. So none of that repitition got me what I wanted.

So even with here, while I havent posted neearly anything close to what I posted on the other website, I want everyone here to know two things.

I really am not entitled to be right even if I know I am becuase the world doesn't owe me shit and I crashed hard today because I stupidly thought I wasn't that guy. But here is how I know I was..

A long time ago my older fundy brother sucked the emotional life out of me because he thought my being an atheist would send me to hell. But here is the thing, you tell someone that once or even twice, I understand your intent, you've said it, but repeating it all the time won't make me believe you, it will just piss me off. So I had become the very person I thought it was ok to be, but it turned out I was just as much as an ass as my older brother without realizing it.

So from now on, while I cant promise I won't be repetitive again, do know this, just like an alcoholic especially  life time alcoholic would not be wise to promise they wont do it agian, because the real reality is that the longer you have any addiction the harder it may be for you to regulate to moderation. But this is not alcohol so it isnt about moderation for your own liver, it is moderation so that others won't think you are an ass. 

I will always be unafraid to ridicule, criticise or even blaspheme, but no mater what, like I said, time place and context matter if you expect someone to take you seriously. There simply are some places where the repitition will do the opposite of what you intend, so while having facts is important, it still matters to know when to pick your battles. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Congrats on the personal

Congrats on the personal progress. The hardest person to judge is in the mirror.

Now if you can apply that realization to your political views, and realize every time some Republican does something you hate that your side is doing the exact same thing on the other side of the coin- well we might just make an anarchist of you yet.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Remember when I said I

Remember when I said I would not stop ridicluling and blasphiming certian things.

I am sorry, there is no way I would support any libertarian, or GOP , we have had that  for 40 years and it does not work. I am for labor right now, I am for taxing Jeff Bezos and Musk and all the billionaires we have in this country. They can afford it, they just don't want to. 

And I will still most certainly will raise my voice to attempts at destroying our Republic. Liz Cheney, Michael Steele, Joe Scarborogh all republicans,  and of corse most of the Democratic party, and basically most of the country and most of the rest of the world know he is nuts.

The GOP has obstructed everything in the world that could have greatly helped the country. They have had their chance, and like I said, it is not working. If what that party wanted was working, nobody would be complaining. It is time thaty get voted out of power and get fresh and youngr faces and especially more women in congress. I am not talking about ending political pluralism, just breaking the spell the fascist former guy has held the party and nation hostage. And no, I will not apologize for that. 

Here is my short list of things I will not bend on, and someone goes too far I will cease to be polite.

Before I read my local list of do nots. CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, ANYONE DENYING IT IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE SHORTING OF OUR SPECIES RIDE. THAT IS A GLOBAL THREAT TO ALL 7 BILLION OF US. 

Now here is my local list of watch your step.

1. Attempts to undermine and distroy our institutions, our mililtary and overall our pluralistic democratic Republic. THAT IS MY TOP PRIORTY REGARDLES.

2. Turning our nation into a fascist Christian theocracy. NO LAUREN, the Church does not dictate to the state.

3. I am furious with the SCOUTUS making crocthes government property. 

4. Taking away minority's rights, and using law to bully them. 

5. Trickle down economics does not work, always deregulating does not work, always giving tax breaks to billionaires does not work.

6. Stopping the insane flooded market and ease of access of firearms.

None of thee above is suggesting a dictatoral far left wingnut government. All I am saying it is time for the wealth of this nation to shut up and listen to those below them. It is time for our right wing politians to stop trying to turn our nation into a theocracy. I want political diversity, but right now only one side is holding our nation hostage. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I am sorry,

Brian37 wrote:

I am sorry, there is no way I would support any libertarian, or GOP , we have had that  for 40 years and it does not work.

I'm not saying you should support any libertarian or GOP politician. I'm saying that you shouldn't support any politician at all. 

Quote:

I am for labor right now, I am for taxing Jeff Bezos and Musk and all the billionaires we have in this country. They can afford it, they just don't want to. 

See. You are for using government for your purposes. But you are against other people using the government for their purposes. You don't like when they use government to impose things on you, so why do you think it's ok for you to use government to impose things on them?

Quote:

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, ANYONE DENYING IT IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE SHORTING OF OUR SPECIES RIDE. THAT IS A GLOBAL THREAT TO ALL 7 BILLION OF US. 

I'm pretty sure whether you deny climate change or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are contributing to it. One could live a very low impact life and deny climate change is happening. 

Quote:

1. Attempts to undermine and distroy our institutions, our mililtary and overall our pluralistic democratic Republic. THAT IS MY TOP PRIORTY REGARDLES.

Somewhere near 100% of Trump voters would say the same thing. I disagree. Undermining institutions and the military is a great American tradition. It is what made the country great and it is sad that so many now simply accept that institutions and the military should be blindly supported. Both, institutions and the military, frequently work directly against having a democratic republic.  

Quote:

2. Turning our nation into a fascist Christian theocracy. NO LAUREN, the Church does not dictate to the state.

Yet if you want a democratic republic, then by definition popular churches will have significant power in controlling the direction of the state. Churches are places where large numbers of people who believe they know what is moral congregate. People who think they know what is moral frequently have a desire to spread that "morality" to others. Government is an attractive tool for them, while at the same time, church is a very efficient means to reach out to voters. If you're going to have a democratic republic, the structure makes religion powerful. If you don't like that, then maybe you should violate #1 and do away with a democratic republic. 

Quote:

They didn't. The only thing SCOTUS ruled is that states should have the authority to make that decision. That's the "republic" part of democratic republic. The democratic part is that folks inside those states can now vote on whether or not they want crotches to be the government's business. Before this decision, there was neither democracy nor republic in abortion - the votes of the people and their representatives were both deemed irrelevant in the decision. So do you really want a "democratic republic"? Because in a democratic republic, the other guys get a vote too. 

Quote:

Which is the very definition of a democratic republic. Which is why the Bill of Rights was written, in an attempt to limit the purview of what government can do. I agree, the Bill of Rights isn't nearly expansive enough. We should do away with the "democratic" and "republic" parts and just admit that government isn't the solution to problems and that nobody should have the right to use it to trample on the rights of others. 

Quote:

5. Trickle down economics does not work, always deregulating does not work, always giving tax breaks to billionaires does not work.

Define how you determine that something "works". To achieve YOUR goals? Why should YOUR goals matter? 

Quote:

You don't want the government making crotches government property. Many other people feel every bit as strongly about their guns. Who gets their way? Well, if you're going to have a democratic republic, then what matters is who can garner the most votes. On both issues, your side lost the votes for now. How is that democratic republic thing working out for you?

Quote:

None of thee above is suggesting a dictatoral far left wingnut government. All I am saying it is time for the wealth of this nation to shut up and listen to those below them. It is time for our right wing politians to stop trying to turn our nation into a theocracy. I want political diversity, but right now only one side is holding our nation hostage. 

Your side has the house, the senate, and the Presidency. If there is one side holding the nation "hostage", it isn't the GOP. 

Why should people "shut up and listen" to you? Again, someone who voted for Trump would say very much the same thing. You aren't all that different, you just picked a different team. 

Here is a radical thought. Maybe neither one of these teams should have the power to tell other people what to do. Just because they are rich, are popular, can get a bunch of people riled up with anger to vote... perhaps these aren't good reasons to give someone the power to decide how their betters live their lives. Maybe, it isn't the government's business to tell you or me what is moral, what to do with our crotches, how many guns we can own, controlling us with laws, or telling us what to do with the fruits of our labor. I don't think Trump, or anyone else, should have the power to tell you to do shit. Of course, that also means that you or Joe Biden also don't have the power to tell me to do shit. If I want you to do something, I can ask, I can offer to pay or I can appeal to your logic. You might not do it, despite my best efforts. And that is ok. That is something we should all accept. That other people are not ours to control for good or evil. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I am sorry, there is no way I would support any libertarian, or GOP , we have had that  for 40 years and it does not work.

I'm not saying you should support any libertarian or GOP politician. I'm saying that you shouldn't support any politician at all. 

Quote:

I am for labor right now, I am for taxing Jeff Bezos and Musk and all the billionaires we have in this country. They can afford it, they just don't want to. 

See. You are for using government for your purposes. But you are against other people using the government for their purposes. You don't like when they use government to impose things on you, so why do you think it's ok for you to use government to impose things on them?

Quote:

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, ANYONE DENYING IT IS CONTRIBUTING TO THE SHORTING OF OUR SPECIES RIDE. THAT IS A GLOBAL THREAT TO ALL 7 BILLION OF US. 

I'm pretty sure whether you deny climate change or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you are contributing to it. One could live a very low impact life and deny climate change is happening. 

Quote:

Somewhere near 100% of Trump voters would say the same thing. I disagree. Undermining institutions and the military is a great American tradition. It is what made the country great and it is sad that so many now simply accept that institutions and the military should be blindly supported. Both, institutions and the military, frequently work directly against having a democratic republic.  

Quote:

Yet if you want a democratic republic, then by definition popular churches will have significant power in controlling the direction of the state. Churches are places where large numbers of people who believe they know what is moral congregate. People who think they know what is moral frequently have a desire to spread that "morality" to others. Government is an attractive tool for them, while at the same time, church is a very efficient means to reach out to voters. If you're going to have a democratic republic, the structure makes religion powerful. If you don't like that, then maybe you should violate #1 and do away with a democratic republic. 

Quote:

They didn't. The only thing SCOTUS ruled is that states should have the authority to make that decision. That's the "republic" part of democratic republic. The democratic part is that folks inside those states can now vote on whether or not they want crotches to be the government's business. Before this decision, there was neither democracy nor republic in abortion - the votes of the people and their representatives were both deemed irrelevant in the decision. So do you really want a "democratic republic"? Because in a democratic republic, the other guys get a vote too. 

Quote:

Which is the very definition of a democratic republic. Which is why the Bill of Rights was written, in an attempt to limit the purview of what government can do. I agree, the Bill of Rights isn't nearly expansive enough. We should do away with the "democratic" and "republic" parts and just admit that government isn't the solution to problems and that nobody should have the right to use it to trample on the rights of others. 

Quote:

Define how you determine that something "works". To achieve YOUR goals? Why should YOUR goals matter? 

Quote:

You don't want the government making crotches government property. Many other people feel every bit as strongly about their guns. Who gets their way? Well, if you're going to have a democratic republic, then what matters is who can garner the most votes. On both issues, your side lost the votes for now. How is that democratic republic thing working out for you?

Quote:

Your side has the house, the senate, and the Presidency. If there is one side holding the nation "hostage", it isn't the GOP. 

Why should people "shut up and listen" to you? Again, someone who voted for Trump would say very much the same thing. You aren't all that different, you just picked a different team. 

Here is a radical thought. Maybe neither one of these teams should have the power to tell other people what to do. Just because they are rich, are popular, can get a bunch of people riled up with anger to vote... perhaps these aren't good reasons to give someone the power to decide how their betters live their lives. Maybe, it isn't the government's business to tell you or me what is moral, what to do with our crotches, how many guns we can own, controlling us with laws, or telling us what to do with the fruits of our labor. I don't think Trump, or anyone else, should have the power to tell you to do shit. Of course, that also means that you or Joe Biden also don't have the power to tell me to do shit. If I want you to do something, I can ask, I can offer to pay or I can appeal to your logic. You might not do it, despite my best efforts. And that is ok. That is something we should all accept. That other people are not ours to control for good or evil. 

Damn you are slick with the smoke and mirrors. Yes, we have both chambers and the Presidency, do you think I am that stupid?

But we have had for a long time an asshole republican senate leader who obstructs everything and steals SCOTUS seats. He is not an honest player, he is an insecure jackass who cant stand losing power.

Now please falsely accuess me of being a hypocrite for my words in this post. 

Christopher Hitchans was a flawed man, he was an alcoholic, and I didn't believe it at first, but after others told me, and I saw him in interviews I agreed. I am sure you remember this is the same man that wrote "Jefferson, Author Of America." And the same man who did a speech with video of Sadamn taking power by tricking his parlement into a trap at an autotorum, slowly calling out even his supporters, and having them exicuted just outside. So yea, Hitchens was right to blaspheme such a fuckface. 

And he also famously and rightfully said about the story of God asking Abraham to stab his own son to death as a sacrifice to God, Hitchen's rightful response if he was asked to do that to his own kids was, "FUCK NO!"

The most important quote of Hitchens that might explain why I am forcefully objecting to some of your claims, was this "I hope I have never unintentionally offended someone." Basically he meant there are some things that should be offended. Like bullies like Sadamn, and Kim Jong Un. And if you think Hitchens would have supported the orange fuckface's attempt at toppling our Republic, I will laugh in your face. 

So once again. Do not play word salad games with me about Climate Volitility, or expect me to play nice with my words about women's crotches becoming the property of assholes who are still stuck on old Biblical sexist Patriarchal bullshit mythology. And do not expect me to be polite about the other things on my list, even the REAL problem of our flooded market and ease of access.

I only meant I was a posting hog at that one site and I didn't give others a chance to speak. Now about this website. You would falsely accuse me of hoging this one too. But you would be wrong, it only seems that way because Brian Sapient has a daytime job and no staff to confirm new member request, not to mention he may shut it down soon becuase of time and energy limits. Not anything to do with me or you or anyone. You'd also be wrong becuase other big corporate social media diverted many users to platforms with more exposure. 

I really will play nice with honest players, but even then, they have to know, like you, if an idea is absurd, or calls for monopolies or abuse of power or ideas that can go from absurdity to attrocities, I will not back down. Now instead of these longwinded dodges, if you have new solutions that do not involve old crappy talking points, I am all ears. I love problem solvers, the world should too. But political ideologies based on dystopian fictions is not a solution. Musk and Bezos and Exxon's CEOs are not the victims. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Damn you are

Brian37 wrote:

Damn you are slick with the smoke and mirrors. Yes, we have both chambers and the Presidency, do you think I am that stupid?

But we have had for a long time an asshole republican senate leader who obstructs everything and steals SCOTUS seats. He is not an honest player, he is an insecure jackass who cant stand losing power.

Ok. You're a hypocrite. Nobody "stole" a SCOTUS seat any more than Biden "stole" the election. There is a process in place to choose justices. A process you claim to support.

All politicians are insecure jackasses who can't stand losing power. That's like saying Tom Brady is an egotistical prick who can't stand losing games. Of course he is. So is every other QB in the entire NFL.  

I have no idea what Hitchens has to do with anything. I'm talking about you. 

Quote:

I really will play nice with honest players, but even then, they have to know, like you, if an idea is absurd, or calls for monopolies or abuse of power or ideas that can go from absurdity to attrocities, I will not back down. Now instead of these longwinded dodges, if you have new solutions that do not involve old crappy talking points, I am all ears. I love problem solvers, the world should too. But political ideologies based on dystopian fictions is not a solution. Musk and Bezos and Exxon's CEOs are not the victims. 

I have new solutions. You won't listen to them. You consider them "too radical" and "ridiculous". Just like Christians think atheism is too radical and ridiculous.

You bitch about what the Republicans are doing, yet you do the exact same thing and are apparently unable to see it. The DNC vs the GOP is exactly like a Christian arguing with a Muslim. Nobody in either camp can imagine that they are both wrong.  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Damn you are

Brian37 wrote:

Ok. You're a hypocrite. Nobody "stole" a SCOTUS seat any more than Biden "stole" the election. There is a process in place to choose justices. A process you claim to support.

All politicians are insecure jackasses who can't stand losing power. That's like saying Tom Brady is an egotistical prick who can't stand losing games. Of course he is. So is every other QB in the entire NFL.  

I have no idea what Hitchens has to do with anything. I'm talking about you. 

Quote:

I have new solutions. You won't listen to them. You consider them "too radical" and "ridiculous". Just like Christians think atheism is too radical and ridiculous.

You bitch about what the Republicans are doing, yet you do the exact same thing and are apparently unable to see it. The DNC vs the GOP is exactly like a Christian arguing with a Muslim. Nobody in either camp can imagine that they are both wrong.