Mrs. Carl Marx

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mrs. Carl Marx

Since a civil war is brewing, I have decided it is best to understand one's enemy. So I watched a video on the life of Carl Marx. My one big question about him is Why the hell didn't he ever look in the mirror and his own family to understand why their is poverty? Why is it always blame others?

He was certainly intelligent enough that if he applied himself he could have been a successful doctor, engineer, businessmand, etc... and never been poor. But he choose to follow his heart and be a writer. Mrs. Marx was warned by her family that he couldn't provide for her and she and her children would live in poverty. But she followed her heart anyways.

Seems if one believes healthcare, food and housing are all human rights, people shouild be working in these fields and not being a writer. Any why should any woman believe that the government needs to provide for her and her children if she is in love with a man like Marx that doesn't really work? Isn't the essese of women of the left, fuck any man you please then have the government pay your bills?

Is this coming war going to just be a war against the insane?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow, whose biography of marx

wow, whose biography of marx did you read? because it must be one i'm not familiar with. did bill o'reilly "write" another book? "killing mrs. marx," perhaps?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 What? Marx was not wrong

What?

Marx was not wrong about the value of labor. He certainly was wrong about just about everything else.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i've always loved how this

i've always loved how this forum is full of experts on marx who have probably never got beyond a cursory reading of the manifesto in high school poli sci, supplemented by 10-minute youtube videos and sound bites from talking heads, and maybe a few wikipedia skims.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm opened minded on the

I'm opened minded on the subject. Please point me to an alternative history.

It seems to me to be a typical story of poverty. Marx makes a career choice to be a writer instead of a career in something people really need. Mrs. Marx was warned by her family she'd be poor if she married such a man. They have a baby they can't really take care of, so they have to rely on the charity of Engles whose wealth came from a bourgeoisie family(the hypocrisy). That was the only way they could avoid starvation and homelessness and he could still write.

It seems like a prototypical story of why there is poverty. Young people following their heart, then refusing their entire lives to admit they made a mistake and get re-educated to work in the economy of needed products and services. Instead blaming others.

If you really believe healtcare, housing and food are all human rights, shouldn't the government force someone like Mr. Marx to be a doctor, farmer or home builder instead of a poor writer? Shouldn't Mrs. Marx be prevented from having a baby until they can prove they can take care of it?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
"useful"... i've seen the

"useful"... i've seen the light now. screw writers and artists. nothing more than parasites. but what to do? the best thing for humans to do would be to get lobotomies and live on nutritional paste. in that world, of course, the humanities are totally superfluous, since lobotomized humans would be totally apathetic to things like music, art, and literature. they also wouldn't care about travelling or visiting loved ones, so that cuts back a lot of wasted resources right there. everybody can make money doing "useful" work--they wouldn't be bothered much by what they do anyway--and when their skills become automated and no longer useful, we can semd them back to school if they're, say, under 40 or so. otherwise, we can chuck them into big vats to be rendered into more nutritional paste. lobotomized humans probably also won't care too much about love or sex, so there's your population problem solved right there. computers with eugenics databases can decide which males' DNA is most valuable (those most likely to survive infant lobotomization, most efficient at metabolizing nutritional paste, etc.), and those selected can have their prostates milked by robotic probes. the semen extracted can artificially inseminate similarly selected females. of course, human concern for their offspring would be nonexistant by now as well, so no one will be distressed when newborns rejected by the computers also get chucked into the rendering vats. maximum cost efficiency vis-a-vis longterm survival of the species vs. allocation of limited resources.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Holy shit..... Is that all

Holy shit..... Is that all life is about to you, making money? 

Marx certianly WAS NOT right about everything. But the one thing he got right was the value of the worker. Stalin took advantage of that motif and bastardized it.

But if you want to shit on the poor, then shit on Jefferson, who died in debt and Edgar Allen Poe too.

Some of the most influencial humans who contributed to the rise of the west and the concept of open societies we know today died pennieless. 

If it were not for writers, women would not have the right to vote. If it were not for writers blacks would still be slaves.

Authoritarian states arise out of the oppression of criticism and oppress that dissent through the sale of populism and hyper nationalism.

If you stupidly fucking think an open society is defended by silencing dissent, YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:"useful"...

iwbiek wrote:

"useful"... i've seen the light now. screw writers and artists. nothing more than parasites. but what to do?

How is it decided that someone should be artistic? Why not just let everyone follow their heart? Please educate me on the communist theory on what carrer on should have. Shouldn't all young guys all decide to become rock stars? We all end up with same no matter what your carrer choice is, so why not? Why should anyone take a dirty, dangerous or difficult job if everything is dispensed according to need?

In a world where all resources must be put into paying for the poor to have as many babies as they can pump out, there would be no money or resoruces for art. Everthing is must be to make baby formula, diapers, public housing and healthcare to increase the population and take care of unlimited poor migrants. Andrew Carnegie wouldn't endow the arts cause he'd have all his wealth confiscated for diapers. The middle class is just a tax slave with no time for music or art.

Allah wants to greatly increase the Muslim population through very high birth rates. You must become a tax slave for this cause and let them migrate wherever they please. If you don't go along with this you are a racist xenophobe.

iwbiek wrote:

the best thing for humans to do would be to get lobotomies and live on nutritional paste. in that world, of course, the humanities are totally superfluous, since lobotomized humans would be totally apathetic to things like music, art, and literature. they also wouldn't care about travelling or visiting loved ones, so that cuts back a lot of wasted resources right there. everybody can make money doing "useful" work--they wouldn't be bothered much by what they do anyway--and when their skills become automated and no longer useful, we can semd them back to school if they're, say, under 40 or so. otherwise, we can chuck them into big vats to be rendered into more nutritional paste. lobotomized humans probably also won't care too much about love or sex, so there's your population problem solved right there. computers with eugenics databases can decide which males' DNA is most valuable (those most likely to survive infant lobotomization, most efficient at metabolizing nutritional paste, etc.), and those selected can have their prostates milked by robotic probes. the semen extracted can artificially inseminate similarly selected females. of course, human concern for their offspring would be nonexistant by now as well, so no one will be distressed when newborns rejected by the computers also get chucked into the rendering vats. maximum cost efficiency vis-a-vis longterm survival of the species vs. allocation of limited resources.

We can put everyone into a Virtual Reality fantasy world where they are a great artist, musician, sports star, etc... Everyone is happy. But I think in this world, humans would be obsolete and eventually replaced with AI. There would only be an evolution of computer code instead of DNA.

Hopefully VR sex will soon make multi-human sex obsolete and overpopulation a thing of the past.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Holy

Brian37 wrote:

Holy shit..... Is that all life is about to you, making money? 

All government is to you is taking money. 

Brian37 wrote:

But if you want to shit on the poor

I want to eliminate poverty through rational and scientific methods. Shouldn't that be the goal?

But you really don't want a world without poverty because you would miss the opprotunity to virtue signal and make yourself feel morally superior by saying billionairs(not you of course) should take care of the poor.

Brian37 wrote:

Marx certianly WAS NOT right about everything. But the one thing he got right was the value of the worker. Stalin took advantage of that motif and bastardized it.

He values the workers by saying that 100% of the fruits of their hard labor belong to the state and not themselves????? It is Big Brother brainwashing you that you believe the 'give what you earn to government because they value your labor'.

If a workers works more hours or improves his productivity, his reward is a higher tax bracket. If he works less and is lazy about learning new skills, his reward is welfare benefits. That is respecting work???? You are a brainwashed idiot.

If you really valued work, you'd say keep 100% of what you earn.

Brian37 wrote:

If you stupidly fucking think an open society is defended by silencing dissent, YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON.

Who is being banned from social media for expressing their views? By whom? Who are the banners supporting politically?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EXC wrote: Since a civil

EXC wrote:

Since a civil war is brewing, I have decided it is best to understand one's enemy. So I watched a video on the life of Carl Marx. My one big question about him is Why the hell didn't he ever look in the mirror and his own family to understand why their is poverty? Why is it always blame others?

He was certainly intelligent enough that if he applied himself he could have been a successful doctor, engineer, businessmand, etc... and never been poor. But he choose to follow his heart and be a writer. Mrs. Marx was warned by her family that he couldn't provide for her and she and her children would live in poverty. But she followed her heart anyways.

Seems if one believes healthcare, food and housing are all human rights, people shouild be working in these fields and not being a writer. Any why should any woman believe that the government needs to provide for her and her children if she is in love with a man like Marx that doesn't really work? Isn't the essese of women of the left, fuck any man you please then have the government pay your bills?

Is this coming war going to just be a war against the insane?

Look up the word "neuance", and for once leave political ideology out of it.

I am so fucking sick of the either or bullshit that political ideology promotes.

It is possilbe  to value private business ownership AND worker stability, pay. 

Marx was RIGHT IN valuing workers. He was wrong in in his exicution.

On the other hand, someone like Jeff Bezos, is right in defending private business, but wrong in his fucking greed.

Our current impending "war" wont be because the poor or middle class are lazy. Our current strife between classes is beause of monopoly of power.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
there won't be any fucking

there won't be any fucking civil war. please. all those goddamn militias, proud boys, boogaloo boys, and similar dipfucks are playing g.i. joe dress-up and are more likely to blow off their own feet than kill anyone else, especially someone they're actually TRYING to kill. you look at the photos of them and you either have flak jackets straining to hold in beer bellies, or else pale kids with stick arms hanging out of a hawaiian shirt trying to hold up sn AR-5. without intensive, daily drilling and brutal physical conditioning--not to mention a good dose of genetics and natural talent--a military weapon is more of a liability to the person who wields it than anyone else.

--Hunter S. Thompson