The incredibly insignificant number of coronavirus deaths.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
The incredibly insignificant number of coronavirus deaths.

The reported number of coronaviurs deaths has surpassed half a million. This may seem like a lot but compare to global population.

The global population increases by about a quarter million per day. So the virus has only slowed down growth by just 2 days. Hardly thinning out the herd.

This pandemic is insignificant compared to what is to eventually coming to slow the growth rate. We are now the virus to every other life form.

But, the media and scientific elite play the public for fools.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Mr C O Jones
Mr C O Jones's picture
User is offlineOffline
 EXC wrote: The global

EXC wrote:
 The global population increases by about a quarter million per day. So the virus has only slowed down growth by just 2 days. Hardly thinning out the herd.

Why do you think overpopulation is a problem in relation to coronavirus?

I quote no 'authorities'. I speak in my own words. I bring everything to the bar of my own judgment.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr C O Jones wrote:Why do

Mr C O Jones wrote:

It is quite well established that disease spread is much more intense in high population density areas such as NYC. We are supposed to distance from others because proximity is a risk to catching a disease. Also when there are more carriers, viruses have more opprotunity to mutate.

I contend that the media and the government/corporate/university power structures are deliberatly ignoring this fact to push an unhealthy agenda that includes mass immigration and massive welfare benefits. Why? To enslave the working class of course. They won't stop until every working person is a tax and rent slave living in overcrowded squalor. While a handful of political/corporate/university elite live in private walled off paradises with endless cheap slaves to serve them. 

The scientific establishment is under their control via control over universities and research grants. So they'll tell us the answer is money to find a vaccine. But even if that works, it would likely only be tempory because we don't address the causes(overcrowding). So the disease will mutate quickly and new ones will emerge faster than we can find cures. There is no money for a scientist that says we must do sane population control, only a pink slip.

So they must make any mention of overpopulation taboo and claim it is unnecessary or fascist and racist to do any controls on population growth. So they tell you half a million deaths from coronavirus in 9 months is a big deal but half a million new people on the planet every 2 days is no big deal.

Please decide for yourself what is a big deal and what is not.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: The reported

EXC wrote:

The reported number of coronaviurs deaths has surpassed half a million. This may seem like a lot but compare to global population.

This pandemic is insignificant compared to what is to eventually coming to slow the growth rate. We are now the virus to every other life form.

But, the media and scientific elite play the public for fools.

Pretty sure this doesn't mean shit to the dead or their families who survive them.

If one wants to claim humans are an invasive species, I agree with that. If you want to claim we are becoming a victim of our own success, that is also an argument.

But what exactly are you getting at? 

Nobody sane in the world wants to die. So unless you have a solution to the problem with balancing expansion and survival which all strive for, what are you arguing? 

The orange turd said in recent days basically argued that 99% of the virus is harmless. Ok, so by that DUMFUCK'S logic the 1% isn't?  At least in America that means 1% of 320 million are going to get sick and or die. That means he doesn't give a shit about an estimated 3 million Americans.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Pretty sure

Brian37 wrote:

Pretty sure this doesn't mean shit to the dead or their families who survive them.

Going forward, do we as a species do nothing to address the chief cause of pandemics namely overpopulation? It is like people keep dying on the freeway because they drive too fast, but we never put in speed limits.

Brian37 wrote:

If one wants to claim humans are an invasive species, I agree with that. If you want to claim we are becoming a victim of our own success, that is also an argument.

The question is do we do something rational to prevent more tragedies? Or do we just say that the problem is Trump, racists and billionairs not paying enough taxes. Does Trump out of office stop half a million people added to the planet every 2 days? Is ignoring this 800 pound gorilla rational in any way?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Brian37

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Going forward, do we as a species do nothing to address the chief cause of pandemics namely overpopulation? It is like people keep dying on the freeway because they drive too fast, but we never put in speed limits.

Brian37 wrote:

The question is do we do something rational to prevent more tragedies? Or do we just say that the problem is Trump, racists and billionairs not paying enough taxes. Does Trump out of office stop half a million people added to the planet every 2 days? Is ignoring this 800 pound gorilla rational in any way?

Yes, we shoud do something about it. STOP caring so much about the Walmart and Jeff Bezos CEOS and plan ahead.

Trump is a outcome of 40 years of Reagan's failed trickle down economics. Get white people scared of minorities, virtue signal to the minorities, act like you give a fuck, POOF, class warfare, meanwhile while Walmart is convincing the middle of the country they care about god/guns and bibles/ they virtue signal to minorities too. The monopoly man gets everyone angry at the other, nothing gets done, wages stay low for all zip codes, then nothing gets done and WallStreet gets richer. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
After Jeff Bezos made a few

After Jeff Bezos made a few million selling books online, he wanted to expand his business to sell everything online. So he had to go out and raise capital to expand, risk his own money and work like a dog. In your world, he and his investors reward for taking a big risk would be massive taxation, because they should be content with their millions. So why woiuldn't he and his investors just have stopped the growth of Amazon 25 years ago?

At least Bezos now is investing something in space because rationally that is the only way to sustain the continually population growth.

How does taxing the rich or getting rid of Trump get people to stop fucking? It seems like what you propose is rewarding people for just fucking and having more kids and punishing people for hard work and taking a risk to invest. How is that sustainable? It of course will end in poverty, disease and war as it always does.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 if someone shoots trump in

if someone shoots trump in the face, i will stop fucking.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: if someone

iwbiek wrote:

if someone shoots trump in the face, i will stop fucking.

Never knew Pense was so much better.

I am convinced that the real savior of humanity and the planet is VR sex and direct stimulation of the brain that can be a better high than sex, to get people to give up fucking when they can't take care of a child. The unwashed masses are far too easily manipulated by the media masters and leftist political indoctrination in schools to ever understand that too many fucking people is the real problem. Just as the right is far too easily brainwashed by religious propaganda.

When the technology gets good enough, it would get people to give up real sex.  People would have children because the want to, not because their hormones tells them to. Perhaps it could also end the greedy capitalist's pursuit of profit at all cost as well.

I don't normally give money to any charity, because I'm so pissed off about force charity via taxation. But, I would do whatever I could to promote this technology if it could be dispersed to the unwashed masses around the globe.

“The day a laid off steelworker can sit in his barcalounger and have sex with Claudia Schiffer, it’ll make crack look like Sanka” Dennis Miller

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
A poll reveals that the

A poll reveals that the average American believes that 9% of the USA population has died from coronavirus. 

https://www.kekstcnc.com/media/2793/kekstcnc_research_covid-19_opinion_tracker_wave-4.pdf

The actual percentage is 0.04%, off by a mere 225x. 

Clear and convincing proof that the idiotic, brainwashed by media and political activists unwashed masses have no business voting or having any say in the laws we should live under.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Mr C O Jones

EXC wrote:

Mr C O Jones wrote:

It is quite well established that disease spread is much more intense in high population density areas such as NYC. We are supposed to distance from others because proximity is a risk to catching a disease. Also when there are more carriers, viruses have more opprotunity to mutate.

I contend that the media and the government/corporate/university power structures are deliberatly ignoring this fact to push an unhealthy agenda that includes mass immigration and massive welfare benefits. Why? To enslave the working class of course. They won't stop until every working person is a tax and rent slave living in overcrowded squalor. While a handful of political/corporate/university elite live in private walled off paradises with endless cheap slaves to serve them. 

The scientific establishment is under their control via control over universities and research grants. So they'll tell us the answer is money to find a vaccine. But even if that works, it would likely only be tempory because we don't address the causes(overcrowding). So the disease will mutate quickly and new ones will emerge faster than we can find cures. There is no money for a scientist that says we must do sane population control, only a pink slip.

So they must make any mention of overpopulation taboo and claim it is unnecessary or fascist and racist to do any controls on population growth. So they tell you half a million deaths from coronavirus in 9 months is a big deal but half a million new people on the planet every 2 days is no big deal.

And firearm violence is also higher in denser populations so? This virus doesn't give a shit about zip code, and just like firearm deaths, they can happen in any zip code. Just about every county in America, not just cities, but suburbs and rural have all had some rate of infection. The virus, is going to do what it does. It still amounts to how humans behave, in following or not following CDC guidlines as to how badly or how well a location does.

I just saw the other day a interview with an NFL player who left NYC for Arizona to avoid infection. Guess what, it was even worse in Arizona because hardly anyone was wearing masks. Arizona has a smaller population but that doesn't mean they aren't taking a bigger risk by not following CDC guidlines. 

Population densety does can play a factor, but don't make a bullshit argument that there is some magic safe place from this virus, there is not. What matters most no matter the zip code is staying at home as much as you can, wearing a mask properly while in public, and keeping your distance. That appplies no matter your zip code.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Mr C O Jones

EXC wrote:

Mr C O Jones wrote:

And firearm violence is also higher in denser populations so? This virus doesn't give a shit about zip code, and just like firearm deaths, they can happen in any zip code. Just about every county in America, not just cities, but suburbs and rural have all had some rate of infection. The virus, is going to do what it does. It still amounts to how humans behave, in following or not following CDC guidlines as to how badly or how well a location does.

I just saw the other day a interview with an NFL player who left NYC for Arizona to avoid infection. Guess what, it was even worse in Arizona because hardly anyone was wearing masks. Arizona has a smaller population but that doesn't mean they aren't taking a bigger risk by not following CDC guidlines. 

Population densety does can play a factor, but don't make a bullshit argument that there is some magic safe place from this virus, there is not. What matters most no matter the zip code is staying at home as much as you can, wearing a mask properly while in public, and keeping your distance. That appplies no matter your zip code.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So every place in USA has

So every place in USA has a population density problem. So the just masks and social distancing? Why not a halt to immigration and mandatory birth control as well, since the answer to disease is less proximity?

How do you propose solving our homeless and affordable housing crisis without high density housing? Isn't that just going to lead to more diseases spreading?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EXC wrote:Mr C

Brian37 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Mr C O Jones wrote:

If you believe that following CDC guidelines is going to protect you from a virus, then you are a complete nutjob. And statistically, your odds of dying of COVID in Arizona are 66% lower than your odds of dying of COVID in New York. Of course, if you are an NFL football player, your odds of dying of COVID are near zero. The IFR (infection fatality rate- the percentage of people who have gotten the disease that die) for 20-49 year olds is 0.001% (I'm rounding up) so it is a bit foolish for an NFL player to actually move out of fear of COVID- the risk of dying from an accident during the move is likely higher than the risk of dying even if he got COVID litterally a 99.999% survival rate). If he got it, there is a 1 out of 1000 chance of dying, and we know that even in pretty enclosed quarters we can expect only 20-40% of people to get it. Given that he is in the NFL, I would assume he is in quite good health and more importantly has access to extremely top-notch medical care. Both of which would dramatically improve the odds of survival. 

It remains utterly mind boggling to me that we even pretend to have the ability to reduce the number of COVID infections. The only thing we can do is spread them out over a longer period of time, which has very dubious benefits and can cause a shit-ton of harm. It is fucking amazing how the world has lost its collective mind. We could have literally cut COVID deaths in half with two measures: 1- everyone under 80 go out and live your life. 2- If your over 80, stay home for 4 weeks and avoid contact with anyone under 80. And implement strict lockdowns at nursing homes- if you work in one, sorry you can't go home, you stay here. More than half of the people who died, were in nursing homes. If we hand instantly locked down nursing homes, COVID deaths reduced by 50% (though a very large number still would have died of something else, after all, they were in a nursing home for a reason) And more than 55% of people who have died of COVID were over 75 years old. COVID doesn't kill randomly, we know what factors dramatically increase your risk.

Prolonging the continuation of the virus causes two things:  

1: People who are truly at risk can't be expected to isolate forever. Sooner or later, grandpa and grandma say fuck it and go to the store putting themselves at risk. Staying home for 2-4 weeks and avoiding visiting the family is reasonable, staying home for months and being isolated from family can be extremely detrimental to mental and physical health.

2: The longer the virus is out there, the more time it has to mutate. Ever hear of the Spanish Flu? The first wave wasn't particularly deadly, it was the second and third waves that killed people left and right and put the Spanish flu in the history books. COVID could get a hell of a lot worse, and the longer we drag it out by pretending we are somehow going to eliminate it the greater the risk that it will get a hell of a lot worse. Viruses are eliminated by letting them burn themselves out. Everyone likes to criticize Sweden, but while their neighbors are having a second wave, Sweden's numbers continue to decline. Other than their decision not to be more aggressive regarding nursing homes, history will look upon their reaction favorably.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X