Craig's List owner is a fucking asshole

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Craig's List owner is a fucking asshole

I've never liked Craig's List. It's a fucking dung heap filled with AIDs infected needles with a touch of sicko child molesters and con-artists.

The website is filled with people who lie, cheat and steal on every subject.

So it takes an act of congress to shut down their personal ads because they "knew" that child trafficking was happening and they didn't want to get in to trouble.

So this means they were knowingly supporting illegal and immoral activities.

What a fucking douche bag. The owner should be shot, hung, keelhauled and gutted for the slime bag mentality they possess.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/23/596460672/craigslist-shuts-down-personals-section-after-congress-passes-bill-on...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
They should have seized it,

They should have seized it, not shut it down. By keeping it up they could have captured at least hundreds of abusers and rescued thousands of kids. Now it'll just be done somewhere else.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:They should

Vastet wrote:
They should have seized it, not shut it down. By keeping it up they could have captured at least hundreds of abusers and rescued thousands of kids. Now it'll just be done somewhere else.

I have no doubt that the fucker is one of them. The guy is a fucking shitty person.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I totally agree, most

I totally agree, most things on Craigslist are a acam. But so is almost anything, just a function of living on a competive world.

You want government to regulate this, but what is too keep government from being a scam a well? Everyone thinks Trump is a total scam artist, yet he is head of government.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: I totally agree,

EXC wrote:

I totally agree, most things on Craigslist are a acam. But so is almost anything, just a function of living on a competive world.

You want government to regulate this, but what is too keep government from being a scam a well? Everyone thinks Trump is a total scam artist, yet he is head of government.

Drumpf is a fucking moron. He couldn't scam much from any one. He usually bribes them or lies.

Craigslist is a legalized place to commit crimes. The fucking government should shut the place down.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunately your

Unfortunately your government is indirectly responsible for its existence in the first place, and shutting it down will only propel another site into the position. Too much shit that doesn't hurt anyone is illegal, and as long as people are forced to use the black market there will be an opportunity for the truly dispicable to wedge themselves in. They get a huge benefit from the average person being forced to use the black market: more customers. The war on drugs, the war on nudity, and the war on science and reason and education all propel people into using sites like this.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Unfortunately

Vastet wrote:
Unfortunately your government is indirectly responsible for its existence in the first place, and shutting it down will only propel another site into the position. Too much shit that doesn't hurt anyone is illegal, and as long as people are forced to use the black market there will be an opportunity for the truly dispicable to wedge themselves in. They get a huge benefit from the average person being forced to use the black market: more customers. The war on drugs, the war on nudity, and the war on science and reason and education all propel people into using sites like this.

Child trafficking isn't a subject I consider similar to those you mentioned.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It isn't. But it is a black

It isn't. But it is a black market commodity, and black market commodities tend to all be available in the same place. The more demand for weed, the more potential customers for slavery or other abuses. Simply because everyone is forced to go to the same place, and that place has no regulation at all.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It isn't. But

Vastet wrote:
It isn't. But it is a black market commodity, and black market commodities tend to all be available in the same place. The more demand for weed, the more potential customers for slavery or other abuses. Simply because everyone is forced to go to the same place, and that place has no regulation at all.

I want to pull the moon in to the Earth and kill everyone. Humans aren't worth the effort, except for me and a handful of others.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since I was a child I've

Since I was a child I've wanted a button that would wipe out humanity.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Since I was a

Vastet wrote:
Since I was a child I've wanted a button that would wipe out humanity.

I was on a polling site, I put the following question 

http://www.debate.org/opinions/if-you-could-push-a-button-and-destroy-all-human-life-would-you-all-other-life-would-survive-as-is-...

83% said they would kill off humanity.

I'd like to add that I would like to leave some near permanent record of our existence to future life. I would, if I had unlimited funds and abilities, make a ship of sorts with all our stored information and a computer with AI. I would then launch it to orbit around the Earth and it would monitor life on the planet. If the apes or some other primate would become advanced the spaceship would send down a robot to teach them all the flaws we made and how to avoid them.

^^

Of course this is a complete fantasy