The core members remember, Bob. I am visiting him in a couple months.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
The core members remember, Bob. I am visiting him in a couple months.

I met Bob Spence around 01 online. Around the same time I met John, AKA "Hillbilly Atheist", whom never hung out here, but all of us did a show on Infidel Guy's website, individual, eventually to do BJSBS here.

Anyway he has suffered a stroke last year, and was put in a nursing home last year. I was going to visit him last year, and his sister offered to fly both John and I out there, but because of my mom's health problems, it didn't pan out. Although I wanted to see him, I was at the same time releived because I was afraid of not being there for my mom. Now I have the time and it is probibly going to be the only time I see him face to face knowing he lives in Australia.

I know we have had our differences here. But Bob is a very sensitive and diplomatic person, compared to me. I cannot say enough good things about him. He got me through my divorce. He got me through the death of my cat. And he got me through all my mom's health problems when I was scared shitless.

If I can work it out when I am there, I am going to post a video of us together and post it in another thread here. 

I can honestly say, Bob exposed me to lots of authors and scientific concepts, even if I couldn't do the math, he always had the ability to give me a mental picture at a minimum. He taught me not to be afraid of theists apologies.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I remember Bob. I started

I remember Bob. I started losing interest in this place not long after he stopped posting. 

If you get there, please extend my best wishes and gratitude for his generous wisdom.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote: I

Antipatris wrote:

I remember Bob. I started losing interest in this place not long after he stopped posting. 

If you get there, please extend my best wishes and gratitude for his generous wisdom.

To be honest with you, I am going to be wiped out from the over 25 hour travel time, I may not remember, but I will after I rest get online  and check all my hang outs when I get there. I will give general hello for everyone here though. 

But yea, Bob lead me to authors like Hitchens and Dawkins. But the biggest thing he did for me was giving me the confidence to take on theists and apologists. I really miss the days when we Skype chatted almost every single day. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always thought he was an

I always thought he was an intelligent poster. I never got in to any long discussions with him.

I am sad to hear his health condition. He doesn't deserve that sort of situation. I'd prefer some one like Drumpf to have a stroke, not Bob.

Send him my best, doubt he would remember me.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I always thought he was an intelligent poster. I never got in to any long discussions with him.

I am sad to hear his health condition. He doesn't deserve that sort of situation. I'd prefer some one like Drumpf to have a stroke, not Bob.

Send him my best, doubt he would remember me.

To quote Crockadile Dundie, "That's not a knife, this is a knife".

I agree. Fuckface orange baboon is our president, and my best friend is in a nursing home. UGGGGGGGG.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Jesus fucking Christ...a

Jesus fucking Christ...a thread about a former member who had a stroke and by the third post you've already brought Trump into it.  Trump lives rent free inside your heads....losers. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Jesus fucking Christ...a thread about a former member who had a stroke and by the third post you've already brought Trump into it.  Trump lives rent free inside your heads....losers. 

My comment was I wish someone like Drumpf would have a stroke and not Bob. I found Bob way more valuable than a person like Drumpf.

Not my head. The only time I think of the fuck is when I'm on the web. Can't avoid it even after giving up all news.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  I grew to dislike Bob. He

I grew to dislike Bob. He may have been great discussing a few topics here and there at  first but he seem to eventually  retreat from discussing  topics dispassionately to simply becoming a poltical idealogue and an apologist for Brian's incoherent ramblings....an iwbiek seemed to ( apparently ) hold Bob in utter contempt.  

Nevertheless, there are very few people on this forum , except for Paisley and Jean Chauvin, that I would wish a stroke upon.  That's some life altering shit.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree completely. Just

I agree completely. Just couldn't figure a way to say it. Thanks.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
hi all. checking in for the

hi all. checking in for the first time in quite a while. very sorry to read this.

re: Prozac, i wouldn't say i held bob in utter contempt, though it may have seemed like it. like brian, my vitriol often gets the better of me. bob and i definitely had our disagreements, and probably still would, but i never like to hear about anyone having serious health problems (ok, almost anyone, i guess). i certainly wish him well and hope he has the best possible quality of life.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  Sorry if I

Sorry if I mischaracterized your view of Bob. It's been ages since I viewed those threads and  I was just going on my general recollection.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:  I

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I grew to dislike Bob. He may have been great discussing a few topics here and there at  first but he seem to eventually  retreat from discussing  topics dispassionately to simply becoming a poltical idealogue and an apologist for Brian's incoherent ramblings....an iwbiek seemed to ( apparently ) hold Bob in utter contempt.  

Nevertheless, there are very few people on this forum , except for Paisley and Jean Chauvin, that I would wish a stroke upon.  That's some life altering shit.

One of my vendors had a stroke before Christmas. He was a heavy smoker, but generally in good shape.

He's now going through therapy for walking and learning to use his other hand. He still can't speak and from what I understand he is very embarassed.  He won't let any visitors except for his family.

I didn't think much of Bob, didn't know him other than the posts, but generally he seemed knowledgable and not a stupid person.

For all I know he smoked like a chimney and did crack, but the wasn't any dislike for him for me to wish him a stroke.

I didn't care for Jean at all, who was so fucking annoying, I refused to acknowledge he was alive.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I can't stand any of your

I can't stand any of your positions. But I can tell you I know him personally better than anyone here. 

AND just like me, I know Bob well enough, if he were still in good health, or if it were me for that matter, and we were driving and came across anyone of you in a car accedent, he'd lend you aid and so would I. Others pissing me off, or making me want to pull my hair out, does not mean any of us should abandon a human being in distress.

EXE and Ibwiek and Vatet, between Bob and I, trust me, he may not have agreed with you, and agreed with me, but if it were not for Bob, I would not have gotten through all my mom's heath problems. My biggest regret is that Bob and I and my Redneck friend John, never got to meet my mom in person.

I can tell you even outside science and religion, both Bob and John are alot like any close friend you may have. The love to razz you and I regret the 4 of use never being in the same place. My mom and Bob and John all would have piled on me in a friendly way.

He wouldn't care before his stroke. But I am the only one now who can defend Bob. The only thing you can say is that you disagreed with him. But I know him and he is a very kind gentle man. Regardless of what you think of me.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He attacked me for

He attacked me for rightfully attacking you after you attacked me so many times I snapped. I wouldn't wish a stroke on anyone. But Bob's still an asshole and so are you.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He attacked me

Vastet wrote:
He attacked me for rightfully attacking you after you attacked me so many times I snapped. I wouldn't wish a stroke on anyone. But Bob's still an asshole and so are you.
You are a funny, but disturbed Canadian

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:He attacked me

Vastet wrote:

You  don't know shit about him. You just got pissed because he agreed with me.

I met him long before this website existed, and up until his stroke last year was talking to him on skpe almost EVERY DAY. 

I could't give one fuck less what you think of him. I think someone who talks to someone every day knows them better than someone who does not.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Perhaps for two spouses

Perhaps for two spouses that kind of extra close relationshop is normal but outside of a romantic context this kind of emotional neediness is strange and obsessive ( talking every day ) but since we're talking about Brian it makes perfect sense.

You and Bob have a bromance.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

You  don't know shit about him.

I know he's an asshole, that's enough.

Brian37 wrote:
You just got pissed because he agreed with me.

Anyone who sticks up for a bully and an asshole is a bully and an asshole themselves.

Brian37 wrote:
I met him long before this website existed, and up until his stroke last year was talking to him on skpe almost EVERY DAY.

Idgaf. He's an asshole.

Brian37 wrote:
I could't give one fuck less what you think of him.

And yet here you are whining, proving you do care.

Brian37 wrote:
I think someone who talks to someone every day knows them better than someone who does not.

I don't need to know Bob's favourite colour to know he's an asshole, retard.

Brian37 wrote:
You have no fucking clue what you are talking about

I know exactly what I'm talking about. You are both scum. Plain and simple.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I despise bullies and I despise even more people who stand up for them. Bob stuck his neck out so far for Brian that he challenged me in multiple science subjects at the same time he tried to defend Brian. I cut his head right off, proving Brian deserved it and simultaneously proving Bob never deserved the science tag by crushing him in the science as well (quantum physics and the big bang, for anyone interested enough to look it up). Bob vanished.

Fuck Bob.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I despise bullies and I despise even more people who stand up for them. Bob stuck his neck out so far for Brian that he challenged me in multiple science subjects at the same time he tried to defend Brian. I cut his head right off, proving Brian deserved it and simultaneously proving Bob never deserved the science tag by crushing him in the science as well (quantum physics and the big bang, for anyone interested enough to look it up). Bob vanished. Fuck Bob.

I remember when it happened. I remember the posts.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Bob was no bully not one

Bob was no bully not one bit. Fuck you for even implying that Vastet. 

I WAS bullied as a kid. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. 

Now you sound like Trump picking on the disabled reporter.

And exactly how was I a bully for that matter?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bob IS a bully, and so are

Bob IS a bully, and so are you. Shut your fool mouth bitch. You've bullied near everyone to ever post here. More than a few left because of you and your bullying and ignorant drivel. You are scum. Period.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks Vastet, your smack

Thanks Vastet, your smack down of certain whiney babies always cheers me up.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Bob IS a bully,

Vastet wrote:
Bob IS a bully, and so are you. Shut your fool mouth bitch. You've bullied near everyone to ever post here. More than a few left because of you and your bullying and ignorant drivel. You are scum. Period.

I doubt Brian Sapient would allow scum to have a poetry thread on his website. 

The bullshit in all this is you want to paint me as someone who'd leave you bleeding in the street if you got hit by a car. And as much as you piss me off, I would still lend you aid. Yea we don''t llke each other, but that does not make me "scum" or a bully.

You picking on a man who cant defend himself now fits that definition far better.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Bob IS a bully,

Vastet wrote:

The bullshit in all this is you want to paint me as someone who'd leave you bleeding in the street if you got hit by a car. And as much as you piss me off, I would still lend you aid. Yea we don''t llke each other, but that does not make me "scum" or a bully.

You picking on a man who cant defend himself now fits that definition far better.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

I'm not sure that would result in any more brain damage than they already have.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I doubt Brian

Brian37 wrote:

Then you don't know him as well as I, and I've never even spoken to him outside this site. Brian Sapient is as anti-censorship as I am. He has for more than a decade hosted a site where anyone can come and say anything without getting banned and censored. Only one person, to my knowledge, has ever been banned, and that person was batshit crazy on a level even you haven't yet attained. A person who was actually potentially dangerous to a number of people.

Brian37 wrote:
The bullshit in all this is you want to paint me as someone who'd leave you bleeding in the street if you got hit by a car.

You probably would.

Brian37 wrote:
And as much as you piss me off, I would still lend you aid.

Even if that were true, which I doubt, you are so incompetent and ignorant that you'd probably kill me by accident. So please don't.

Brian37 wrote:
Yea we don''t llke each other, but that does not make me scum or a bully.

Another brief moment of insight. You're right. Me not liking you does not MAKE you a bully and scum. However, you being a bully and scum is WHY I don't like you.

Brian37 wrote:

I'm not picking on anyone. I'm stating facts.

You're such a bully that almost everyone I used to have passionate but intelligent discussions with is gone. Beyond hasn't posted in weeks, Rednef left over 2 years ago, PDZ has been reduced to a post every 3 months on average, and a dozen others haven't been seen in years. You've chased away so many people that you are now the main reason the site has activity. It's no longer a site about religion and no religion. Now it's all what stupid shit did Brian37 post this time, with occasional topics by others that you inevitably usurp to make about yourself.