User is offlineOffline
In God We Don't Trust

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please sign my petition I'm

Please sign my petition

I'm trying to start a movement to have license plates which say "In God We Don't Trust"

https://tinyurl.com/ingodwedontrust

I have put in petitions to the FFRF and the American Atheists to see if they would support putting in an application here in Florida to create a license plate which repsents atheists.

I'd like to see more states carry such license plates, but I'll start in Florida first.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Done. Dunno if a Canadian

Done. Dunno if a Canadian voice would help, doubt it would hurt though.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
 ThanksSome one said South

Thanks

Some one said South Carolina has "In Reason We Trust" which is just as good.

I'm open to suggestions, but I dislike the "In God We Trust" motto. Who is "we" and what "god" are you trying to promote?

I know its a christian thing, but honestly, the people who pushed that shit were really fucktards

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Short-sighted ignorant

Short-sighted ignorant communism hate led to a number of problems today.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I have been informed by a

I have been informed by a FFRF lawyer that at this current time in Florida, based on the legal requirements of special license plates, it is impossible to gain enough support to have a license plate as stated above.

It appears they had already considered this item, before I did, and did not persue it because of the legal issues involved.

So I have put in a request to take down the petition.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Becuase, as liberal as

Becuase, as liberal as even I am, even liberals will think it is bigoted. 

I think the best way to get these right wing morons off our asses, is to force their hands by saying, "If you can do it, we can do it" and get things like "American Muslim" or "Ameican Buddhist" plates too. 

I like the motto "E Pluribus Unum" too.

For atheists, we should push for "no religious test" and that would be hard to argue against,  because the founders wrote that and even Jefferson was not an atheist, Paine would have been the closest to an atheist you could claim.  Even the more religious founders like Adams singed that so all of them had a concept of keeping a leash on religion and separate from law making.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog