Bribe

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Bribe

Which of these statements is meaningless?

Wikipedia

Bribery is the act of giving money, goods or other forms of recompense to a recipient in exchange for an alteration of their behavior (to the benefit/interest of the giver) that the recipient would otherwise not alter. Bribery is defined by Black's Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty.[1]

wikipedia-farther down paragraph.

One must be careful of differing social and cultural norms when examining bribery. Expectations of when a monetary transaction is appropriate can differ from place to place. Political campaign contributions in the form of cash, for example, are considered criminal acts of bribery in some countries, while in the United States, provided they adhere to election law, are legal. Tipping, for example, is considered bribery in some societies, while in others the two concepts may not be interchangeable.

--------------------------------------------------------

So, in the US it's legal to bribe an official as long as it's within campaign law. Maybe, could be, possibly, yes, no, WTF, sez who, how come, why, I can't read, you can't read, the public has 0 IQ, You never went to school, there's no sense having a diploma in anything, Einstein is spinning in his grave,  Fran Tarkenton was Not an NFL football player, Ice cream boils at room temperature, add your own-----

What thinketh ye.

The Moderator might see fit to move this to Irrationalities.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
A bribe is defined by the

A bribe is defined by the law of the country or local government.

It isn't a bribe if the law does not say so, but laws are idiotic often enough.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Yes

digitalbeachbum wrote:

but---

the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty.

Campaign funds are for the purposes of politcal favors.

A Briber can say it isn't to influence the bribee. But as we "know" the political bribee does do favors for the briber., that makes a bribe--a bribe

Then the law should state, that a campaign fundee cannot take any actions to favor the/any funder (s) so the bribe remains a bribe.

The Fundee benefits later as they are allowed to keep campaign funds not used "after" they retire or are out of office. But they can get around anything, They can help and influence someone else in government to favor a funder . Technically they should have changed the meaning of bribery to include--polititians cannot be bribed to the other possible application--polititians cannot be bribed.  That way they can pick the one they want and apply the other to their enemies.

As the saying goes, a rose of any color is still a rose.

They sure have made Washinton a lucrative nest down there in DC.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I see you

digitalbeachbum wrote:

have a new graphic---what particular Martial Arts move do you call that. Har har har. Smiling

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

but---

the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty.

Campaign funds are for the purposes of politcal favors.

A Briber can say it isn't to influence the bribee. But as we "know" the political bribee does do favors for the briber., that makes a bribe--a bribe

Then the law should state, that a campaign fundee cannot take any actions to favor the/any funder (s) so the bribe remains a bribe.

The Fundee benefits later as they are allowed to keep campaign funds not used "after" they retire or are out of office. But they can get around anything, They can help and influence someone else in government to favor a funder . Technically they should have changed the meaning of bribery to include--polititians cannot be bribed to the other possible application--polititians cannot be bribed.  That way they can pick the one they want and apply the other to their enemies.

As the saying goes, a rose of any color is still a rose.

They sure have made Washinton a lucrative nest down there in DC.

Bribes happen every day. You bribe your kids, your dog or your partner. It is the same as "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine"

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

have a new graphic---what particular Martial Arts move do you call that. Har har har. Smiling

I took down Archer only because Rick personifies me more.