All night kids

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
All night kids

I see PBS on one of their channels has kid programs on all night. Do I understand this correctly. Are 5-10 year old kids up all night watching TV??? Or are adults up all night watching kid programs. Why?

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:I see PBS on

Old Seer wrote:

I see PBS on one of their channels has kid programs on all night. Do I understand this correctly. Are 5-10 year old kids up all night watching TV??? Or are adults up all night watching kid programs. Why?

PBS programming runs like that because kids are in different time zones.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Yes, but, but,

it's dark in Californicate at 9:30 pm when it's 12:30 am NY time.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:it's dark in

Old Seer wrote:

it's dark in Californicate at 9:30 pm when it's 12:30 am NY time.

That's backwards. think about all those kids forwards who are still awake, Hawaii, Guam

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Indeed, and as kids go to

Indeed, and as kids go to bed in Hawaii, they're starting to get up in New York.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I think

Vastet wrote:
Indeed, and as kids go to bed in Hawaii, they're starting to get up in New York.
HI is only 6 hours behind NY, not counting daylight time. LA is 3 hours behind NY so HI is another 2 hours behind LA. When it's 12 midnight in LA it's 9 pm in HI, the kids are about to go to bed. When moving west clocks have to be set back 1 hour for every 1000 miles traveled, as the surface of the planet is moving at approx 1000 MPH.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Vastet

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:
HI is only 6 hours behind NY, not counting daylight time. LA is 3 hours behind NY so HI is another 2 hours behind LA. When it's 12 midnight in LA it's 9 pm in HI, the kids are about to go to bed. When moving west clocks have to be set back 1 hour for every 1000 miles traveled, as the surface of the planet is moving at approx 1000 MPH.

Hawaii is -9. Ny is -5. Guam is +10.

Midnight in Ny is 7pm in Hawaii

California is 9pm (lots of kids still up at 9p)

Alaska is 7 and 6pm.

Guam is 3pm the next day

The point is that kids are up at all hours and all over the world. PBS would be 24/7

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Is PBS

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Alaska is 7 and 6pm.

Guam is 3pm the next day

The point is that kids are up at all hours and all over the world. PBS would be 24/7

world round. If so I didn't know that. I thought it was just US.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Alaska is 7 and 6pm.

Guam is 3pm the next day

I've seen it all over. PBS is picked up by independent stations and they feed them content.

They do not control the independent stations, but they do sell them the content.

Independent stations would be outside the control of the United States and the territories. 

I've learned most of my Spanish watching PBS Kids, we'd go south and watch the shows in the morning while eating breakfast.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Since the stations get

Since the stations get free/stolen (aka government) money, they have no incentive to not to waste money. Perhaps they get paid just for showing an education program, doesn't matter if anyone watches.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I untand.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Alaska is 7 and 6pm.

Guam is 3pm the next day

I've seen it all over. PBS is picked up by independent stations and they feed them content.

They do not control the independent stations, but they do sell them the content.

Independent stations would be outside the control of the United States and the territories. 

I've learned most of my Spanish watching PBS Kids, we'd go south and watch the shows in the morning while eating breakfast.

My point is--WPT2.4 is an all night operstion. I got to thinking that maybe it's just a summer time "out of school" thing. I checked Guam and it looks like they don't have an all nighter. The question is---are kids in WI up all night watching kid programs. It seems starange (also strange) to me.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
While WI PBS

EXC wrote:

Since the stations get free/stolen (aka government) money, they have no incentive to not to waste money. Perhaps they get paid just for showing an education program, doesn't matter if anyone watches.

stations get some federal funding most of the funds come from user volunteering. I see they have a fund driver under way presently.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Hawaii is 5 hours behind NY, 2 behind California. My work schedule was based on the time difference for awhile. That's more enough to have kids waking up in one state while going to bed in another.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Since the stations

EXC wrote:

A fallacy and nothing more than a hateful personal opinion.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:My point

Old Seer wrote:

My point is--WPT2.4 is an all night operstion. I got to thinking that maybe it's just a summer time "out of school" thing. I checked Guam and it looks like they don't have an all nighter. The question is---are kids in WI up all night watching kid programs. It seems starange (also strange) to me.

Guam has no sub-stations. It does however run from 6am to midnight. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:EXC

Old Seer wrote:

EXC wrote:

stations get some federal funding most of the funds come from user volunteering. I see they have a fund driver under way presently.

EXC thinks that any one who gets a hand out or some kind of fund from the government is a evil person.

PBS and NPR, for example, are really good and I'll support them until the day I die.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Yup understood.

Vastet wrote:
Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Hawaii is 5 hours behind NY, 2 behind California. My work schedule was based on the time difference for awhile. That's more enough to have kids waking up in one state while going to bed in another.
I think this is something local though. But isn't there a dark spot for about an hour or so before dawn in NY, when the entire US is nighttime. This isn't what I was looking at in the OP however. I couldn't see how the kids in WI could be up all night watching TV.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:EXC

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC thinks that any one who gets a hand out or some kind of fund from the government is a evil person.

Actually, I believe the whole concept of good and evil is another scam. I don't blame them for trying to get free money, it is what I'd expect of anyone. 

digitalbeachbum wrote:

PBS and NPR, for example, are really good and I'll support them until the day I die.

Good for you, so why then do we need deadly-forced charity if people like you will do it voluntarily? Why not lower taxes so you'd have more dough to support charities you believe in?

Haven't you been following the immigration debate? Apparently, Americans are completely incapable of being educated to do the jobs our economy needs. So we must import massive numbers of foreigners to do the work Americans are just to dumb to be trained to do. So why bother trying to educated American kids?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: Actually, I

EXC wrote:

Actually, I believe the whole concept of good and evil is another scam. I don't blame them for trying to get free money, it is what I'd expect of anyone. Good for you, so why then do we need deadly-forced charity if people like you will do it voluntarily? Why not lower taxes so you'd have more dough to support charities you believe in?

Haven't you been following the immigration debate? Apparently, Americans are completely incapable of being educated to do the jobs our economy needs. So we must import massive numbers of foreigners to do the work Americans are just to dumb to be trained to do. So why bother trying to educated American kids?

I was being sarcastic. Good and evil are purely opinions

I don't watch news. I don't watch television.

Stealing American jobs? Not happening. The jobs are there, go get them. The problem is that no American wants to go out in to a field to pick oranges. They pay .50 an bushel and you work from 5am to 9pm. No education needed.

Every time I hear people say "foreigners are stealing American jobs" I know I'm talking to a uninformed individual. 

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
OK but, reconsider.

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Actually, I believe the whole concept of good and evil is another scam. I don't blame them for trying to get free money, it is what I'd expect of anyone. 

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Good for you, so why then do we need deadly-forced charity if people like you will do it voluntarily? Why not lower taxes so you'd have more dough to support charities you believe in?

Good and evil are a consequence of the universe. For a moment--look at evil to be that wich is harmful, and good is that which is helpful. Just one example and you can apply it to the rest as you find. The sun is an evil and a good. To much sun and we get sunburned, but, without the sun we won't eat as it's needed to grow plants, so it's also a good. On the other side of the coin is us. We mcan be good or evil to each other. We can be harmful or helpful. So--there is a concept of good and evil at work constantly that we exist within.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Stealing American jobs? Not happening. The jobs are there, go get them. The problem is that no American wants to go out in to a field to pick oranges. They pay .50 an bushel and you work from 5am to 9pm. No education needed.

Yes, Americans would rather watch themselves and their families die of starvation than pick fruit. Thank you for pointing out that piece of SJW wisdom.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Obviously if they punished people that hired illegals, they'd have to pay more. Americans can't support a family with the illegal wages paid to illegals. In rural Mexico, you can raise a family of 8 for under $1000/mo.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Every time I hear people say "foreigners are stealing American jobs" I know I'm talking to a uninformed individual. 

I'm willing to work on orange picking robots if a capitalist is willing to pay me to make it worth my time. Cheap illegal labor does change economic activity. I know I'm talking to an uniformed individual when they can't understand that.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Old Seer wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I think this is something local though. But isn't there a dark spot for about an hour or so before dawn in NY, when the entire US is nighttime. This isn't what I was looking at in the OP however. I couldn't see how the kids in WI could be up all night watching TV.

There's enough families living off of the standard schedule every day across the US to justify it. Some families home school and make their own hours. Others travel a lot and at all hours of the day. And then you have the kids who aren't quite old enough for school but are definitely old enough for tv, who's hours of being awake largely depend on their parents jobs/lifestyle.

It definitely isn't a majority, but if only one in every 100 families has a use for it, that's still millions of kids with nothing to do driving their parents crazy lol.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Haven't you been

EXC wrote:
Haven't you been following the immigration debate? Apparently, Americans are completely incapable of being educated to do the jobs our economy needs.

No, idiots like you don't want to pay taxes so your public education system is worse than Cuba or North Korea, and your population is therefore too uneducated for high tech jobs, so you need immigrants from countries that know taxes is a good thing and use tax revenues to increase the education of it's people.

The irony is it's YOUR fault that America needs immigrants. You and those like you.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yes, Americans would rather watch themselves and their families die of starvation than pick fruit. Thank you for pointing out that piece of SJW wisdom.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Obviously if they punished people that hired illegals, they'd have to pay more. Americans can't support a family with the illegal wages paid to illegals. In rural Mexico, you can raise a family of 8 for under $1000/mo.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'm willing to work on orange picking robots if a capitalist is willing to pay me to make it worth my time. Cheap illegal labor does change economic activity. I know I'm talking to an uniformed individual when they can't understand that.

You need to do some research.

They don't punish them because they follow the law. The law states that the "picker" only has to provide the paperwork needed and that the "grower' does not need to verify the paperwork.

So how can you punish them when there is no law stating that they are doing any thing wrong?

And for the "supply and demand" thing, who really gives a shit about it? No one. Not the county, city, state or federal governments give a shit. If they did they would fix it, but alas, this is the problem with "lobbyists and special interest groups".

Only poor people want to pick oranges for $40 a day. Americans are lazy. They want $40 a day working at a McDonalds.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:You

digitalbeachbum wrote:

They don't punish them because they follow the law. The law states that the "picker" only has to provide the paperwork needed and that the "grower' does not need to verify the paperwork.

So how can you punish them when there is no law stating that they are doing any thing wrong?

Total bullshit. Government is in bed with business, so they don't enforce the laws on the books. These employers know they are hiring illegals and their paperwork is fake. Where is there an exception for Farm workers in E-Verify? What about all the OSHA and minimum wage laws they break as well. Illegal housing for the workers on these farms as well.

Government and Big Business want slave labor, so we have it.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

And for the "supply and demand" thing, who really gives a shit about it?

The guy that can't support his family because wages are driven down by illegals. The family that pays high rents because of competiton for housing from illegals.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Not the county, city, state or federal governments give a shit. If they did they would fix it, but alas, this is the problem with "lobbyists and special interest groups".

I agree government does give a shit about the working man, it is a benefactor of big business. It is all about money and slave labor is a good way to get rich.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Only poor people want to pick oranges for $40 a day. Americans are lazy. They want $40 a day working at a McDonalds.

Population pressures mean that wages are at low end are at the minimum level needed to keep the worker and his family barely alive. On $40/day in Mexico you can survive, in the USA you starve to death.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: No, idiots

Vastet wrote:
No, idiots like you don't want to pay taxes so your public education system is worse than Cuba or North Korea, and your population is therefore too uneducated for high tech jobs, so you need immigrants from countries that know taxes is a good thing and use tax revenues to increase the education of it's people. The irony is it's YOUR fault that America needs immigrants. You and those like you.

Why don't you fact check first before you spew bullshit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_spending_on_education_(%25_of_GDP)

India 3.3%

Canada 5.5%

USA    5.6%

A huge percentage of these IT workers will be from India because USA just can't educate very many.

Granted Cuba is higher. But this is because economy in this socialist paradice doesn't produce shit and much of the economy is underground.

What is wrong with just having the people that want a lot of kids pay for their education voluntarily? If you don't want to pay, don't have kids. Why should I pay to educate kids that are not my own?

That should be a criteria for being allowed to have kids, are you will and able to educate them, so governemnt doesn't find it necessary to steal from others.

And WTF horrible things are going to happen if we don't let millions of IT workers in. Zuckerburg won't become a Trillionaire by collecting and selling everyone's personal information? Less Americans will become homeless due to high housing costs? Less traffic on the roads? Less stress on the enviroment? A lower carbon footprint? What?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Total bullshit. Government is in bed with business, so they don't enforce the laws on the books. These employers know they are hiring illegals and their paperwork is fake. Where is there an exception for Farm workers in E-Verify? What about all the OSHA and minimum wage laws they break as well. Illegal housing for the workers on these farms as well.

Government and Big Business want slave labor, so we have it.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

And for the "supply and demand" thing, who really gives a shit about it?

The guy that can't support his family because wages are driven down by illegals. The family that pays high rents because of competiton for housing from illegals.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Not the county, city, state or federal governments give a shit. If they did they would fix it, but alas, this is the problem with "lobbyists and special interest groups".

I agree government does give a shit about the working man, it is a benefactor of big business. It is all about money and slave labor is a good way to get rich.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Population pressures mean that wages are at low end are at the minimum level needed to keep the worker and his family barely alive. On $40/day in Mexico you can survive, in the USA you starve to death.

Your idea sucks.

If we give Americans the jobs in the fiels, that accounts for roughly 10% of them who can actually do the job.

Of that 10% we would have to raise the wages of the pickers by 50%, roughly another $16,000 a year. An illegal picker makes roughly $91 a day. That's $33,000 a year before taxes and all the other shit is taken out. Yes, illegals pay taxes and SS.

When we give them higher wages, the cost of produce goes up, this means that those people in the field need to now pay more when buying foods, meaning they will want more wages, which means they will want Unions, which means we'll have a big fuck fest, blah blah blah blah.

Why don't we also give those American workers a supplemental income because in order for them to stay afloat they have to travel. See, once they pick all those oranges, they gotta go some place else ot pick blueberry or apples or some other form of produce. That means they are on the road with their wife and kids (maybe) which means they have more to repair which means they higher costs which means they need medical and dental, which then causes the cost of produce to go up YET AGAIN.

Pretty soon the cost of produce is so high people like these American's who are picking the produce won't be able to buy them any more. Their need to eat rice and beans, just like those illegals do, which means they will turn in to Mexicans which means we'll need to deport them and get new Americans to go out and pick produce.. eventually no one will be left in America by the wealthy 1% and they will need to bring in works to pick the produce, which means we'll need to open the borders.

Sigh.... your idea really, really sucks the gaping dick hole.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:If we

digitalbeachbum wrote:

If we give Americans the jobs in the fiels, that accounts for roughly 10% of them who can actually do the job.

Of that 10% we would have to raise the wages of the pickers by 50%, roughly another $16,000 a year. An illegal picker makes roughly $91 a day. That's $33,000 a year before taxes and all the other shit is taken out. Yes, illegals pay taxes and SS.

When we give them higher wages, the cost of produce goes up, this means that those people in the field need to now pay more when buying foods, meaning they will want more wages, which means they will want Unions, which means we'll have a big fuck fest, blah blah blah blah.

Why don't we also give those American workers a supplemental income because in order for them to stay afloat they have to travel. See, once they pick all those oranges, they gotta go some place else ot pick blueberry or apples or some other form of produce. That means they are on the road with their wife and kids (maybe) which means they have more to repair which means they higher costs which means they need medical and dental, which then causes the cost of produce to go up YET AGAIN.

Pretty soon the cost of produce is so high people like these American's who are picking the produce won't be able to buy them any more. Their need to eat rice and beans, just like those illegals do, which means they will turn in to Mexicans which means we'll need to deport them and get new Americans to go out and pick produce.. eventually no one will be left in America by the wealthy 1% and they will need to bring in works to pick the produce, which means we'll need to open the borders.

Sigh.... your idea really, really sucks the gaping dick hole.

Yes. I know many pay SSN tax. That is another reason government doesn't want to enforce the law. They got free slave labor. They don't have to pay them back.

I think you're argument is totally moot. Robots are the new Mexicans.

AMAZING Compilation Modern Fruit Harvesting Machines Technology 2017https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgG2GmK9xY

So illegals are competing againt American engineer, technicians and factory workers.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:   AMAZING

EXC wrote:

AMAZING Compilation Modern Fruit Harvesting Machines Technology 2017https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcgG2GmK9xY

So illegals are competing againt American engineer, technicians and factory workers.

You obviously do not drink wine.

That machine is great for Welch's grape drink or grapes that are of a lesser quality (Gallo Boxed Wine)

It will never replace wine vineyards workers who have to manually inspect every grape.

There is no competition.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why don't you fact

EXC wrote:
Why don't you fact check first before you spew bullshit?

Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about. Money spent on education by gdp doesn't say squat. A country can spend more per student than another country on its education system yet spend less per gdp. Learn basic math and think before opening your fool mouth.

EXC wrote:
What is wrong with just having the people that want a lot of kids pay for their education voluntarily? If you don't want to pay, don't have kids. Why should I pay to educate kids that are not my own?

Why should education of the next generation bankrupt only those contributing to the next generation when the future of the nation depends on the next generation? You want the US to collapse just because you're too cheap to pay taxes? lol. How many skilled people will there be to help your sorry ass when you're an old man if only the rich can afford to educate their kids, and how expensive do you think it will be when only 10% of the population can generate skilled workers? You have to have had a massive head injury to be so dense and witless.

Society learned centuries ago that educated children benefits everyone. I guess the bare minimum average intelligence of the human species is significantly superior to your own. Probably why you're a nobody saying dumb things that a child could poke holes in.

EXC wrote:
That should be a criteria for being allowed to have kids, are you will and able to educate them, so governemnt doesn't find it necessary to steal from others.

No it shouldn't, and you're literally stupid for saying so.

EXC wrote:
And WTF horrible things are going to happen if we don't let millions of IT workers in.

The slow collapse of your empire followed by your country as everyone in the world surpasses you and the US becomes a 3rd world nation. No big deal.

EXC wrote:
Zuckerburg won't become a Trillionaire by collecting and selling everyone's personal information?

No, someone somewhere else will do it.

EXC wrote:
Less Americans will become homeless due to high housing costs?

More like more Americans will become homeless as the government won't have sufficient revenue to build affordable housing so housing costs will go through the roof.

EXC wrote:
Less traffic on the roads?

And less roads, and less maintenance on those roads.

EXC wrote:
Less stress on the enviroment?

More like more stress on the environment as larger numbers of people are forced to find alternatives to urban life.

EXC wrote:
A lower carbon footprint?

Probably a greater carbon footprint as the population becomes too dumb to use anything but fossil fuels and rejects clean alternatives.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Unlike you, I

Vastet wrote:
Unlike you, I know what I'm talking about. Money spent on education by gdp doesn't say squat. A country can spend more per student than another country on its education system yet spend less per gdp.

More government on education would make Americans less likely to be able to do high tech jobs. When students and parents are not spending their own money, they don't care if it is waisted. If someone uses their own money on education, they are going to study hard, use it to improve their prospects, it is an investment. When it is free money from the taxpay, they party and study whatever they please. More money for education means more degrees in gender studies, social activism and other SJW shit.

Vastet wrote:

Why should education of the next generation bankrupt only those contributing to the next generation when the future of the nation depends on the next generation?

The story convienently changes when the subjest is taxes. When it is immigration, our nation is totally dependent upon bringing millions of workers both for high and low skill jobs. Fine let them do all the work so Americans don't have to be educated.

Vastet wrote:

You want the US to collapse just because you're too cheap to pay taxes? lol.

What we fall into a giant sinkhole which conveniently ends at the Canadian border? We all starve because we're too lazy to pick fruit? We'd become like eastern Europe after Soviet Union collapsed? Iwebeck says it is not so bad.

Vastet wrote:

Society learned centuries ago that educated children benefits everyone.

All the worlds information is online. So what can a school teach that you can't learn for free?

School have become a total scam. At best they are a babysitting service or social. They really are welfare for teachers and administrators. University are just places for young adults to avoid growing up for a few years. Elite universities like Harvard delibrately keep the number of doctors they graduate low so as to not dilute their brand.

It is all a scam.

Vastet wrote:

No it shouldn't, and you're literally stupid for saying so.

Yes, people should just have as many kids as they can and make it the reponsibilty and cost of other to raise. Worker bees for the welfare queens and sperm donors.

Vastet wrote:
 The slow collapse of your empire followed by your country as everyone in the world surpasses you and the US becomes a 3rd world nation.

Don't you want that? Third world countries are third world because of overpopulation. More technology does not improve people's lives.

Vastet wrote:

More like more Americans will become homeless as the government won't have sufficient revenue to build affordable housing so housing costs will go through the roof.

Like the fine government provided housing projects in Chicago? Would just be horrible if I couldn't live in a place like that.

Probably a greater carbon footprint as the population becomes too dumb to use anything but fossil fuels and rejects clean alternatives.

What is the point of educating people to do things like climate engineering. According to you, it is way to difficult for humans to achieve such things as this. So all the technology job will be to help someone like Zuckerburg get even richer. Again you make no sense, you despise capitalism, yet you support giving rich capitalists easy access to millions of imported slaves. And training US/Canadians to be their slaves with tax dollars. It just shows you you're actually a capitalist pawn, their useful idiot.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:More government on

EXC wrote:
More government on education would make Americans less likely to be able to do high tech jobs.

Patently false.

EXC wrote:
When students and parents are not spending their own money, they don't care if it is waisted.

Some don't, some do. Doesn't matter, it is a legal requirement to attend school or get an education from some source, so there's no risk of significant wastage.

EXC wrote:
If someone uses their own money on education, they are going to study hard, use it to improve their prospects, it is an investment.

Noone has money going to school moron. That's the whole point of school, to make you capable of earning money. You're putting the cart before the horse.

EXC wrote:
When it is free money from the taxpay, they party and study whatever they please.

No they don't. They go to school. As demonstrated by tens of millions of kids every school day.

There is a party culture associated with post secondary education, but at the moment most of the people who go do so on their parents dime, and they're the ones who don't take it seriously. People who earned scholarships are the most likely to take it seriously, because they actually value it as something they could not afford on their own. You get everything ass backwards. It's hilarious watching you make shit up as you go, all of which is demonstrably false through common sense. A resource you apparently were born without.

EXC wrote:
The story convienently changes when the subjest is taxes. When it is immigration, our nation is totally dependent upon bringing millions of workers both for high and low skill jobs. Fine let them do all the work so Americans don't have to be educated.

Ok. They'll take over in no time. Might be an improvement.

EXC wrote:
What we fall into a giant sinkhole which conveniently ends at the Canadian border? We all starve because we're too lazy to pick fruit? We'd become like eastern Europe after Soviet Union collapsed? Iwebeck says it is not so bad.

There are a number of borders exactly like that around the world. I'd say you'd be a fool to believe it can't happen to the US, but then we've already established you are a fool.

EXC wrote:
All the worlds information is online. So what can a school teach that you can't learn for free?

A lot of shit. Is that how you got your education? It would explain a few things.

EXC wrote:
School have become a total scam. At best they are a babysitting service or social.

Lol no. Bad as your education system is, it isn't remotely that bad.

EXC wrote:
Yes, people should just have as many kids as they can and make it the reponsibilty and cost of other to raise. Worker bees for the welfare queens and sperm donors.

Which simply is another demonstration of your ignorance and inability to learn anything. I trashed you on this before. In fact, some of the smartest people to ever post here trashed you on this, and you're still repeating the same old whine as it didn't prove you clinically handicapped.
As demonstrated EVERY SINGLE TIME throughout ALL OF HISTORY, a more educated population produces fewer children. So a greater education system willactually reduce taxes over time.

Not that you're capable of comprehending simple math and historical fact. No, 6 months from now you'll still be whining about this. It will still prove you're an idiot. lol.

EXC wrote:
Don't you want that? Third world countries are third world because of overpopulation. More technology does not improve people's lives.

More or less. I don't want millions of Americans to grow up in poverty, but I do want the empire to end.
No they're 3rd world because of education.
Yes it does.

EXC wrote:
Like the fine government provided housing projects in Chicago? Would just be horrible if I couldn't live in a place like that.

That's often how social programmes go in capitalist systems. Still, I bet you'd take that over the street.

EXC wrote:
What is the point of educating people to do things like climate engineering. According to you, it is way to difficult for humans to achieve such things as this.

I never said that. I would never say that. If we can fuck the atmosphere up, we can fix it. But depending on something that isn't currently feasible is stupid when there are feasible alternatives here and now.

EXC wrote:
So all the technology job will be to help someone like Zuckerburg get even richer. Again you make no sense, you despise capitalism, yet you support giving rich capitalists easy access to millions of imported slaves. And training US/Canadians to be their slaves with tax dollars. It just shows you you're actually a capitalist pawn, their useful idiot.

So many lies in quick succession. You trying for a record? You'll have to try harder.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Noone has money

Vastet wrote:

Noone has money going to school moron. That's the whole point of school, to make you capable of earning money. You're putting the cart before the horse.

In the good ole days, nearly everyone worked their way through college. If parents didn't have such a huge tax burden, they could save for their children. All the free money from the government has caused schools to dramitically raise their prices. The opposite would happen if things were privatized. We would have software and videos doing most of the teaching for free.

Why are the leftist SJWs into all these social activism degrees? Why doesn't society decide you fund you to be a general doctor since there is a shortage in that area? It's a scam, tax dollars for people to follow their heart.

Vastet wrote:

A lot of shit. Is that how you got your education? It would explain a few things.

Sure the internet is full of a lot of scams and fake stuff. So is everything, especially government programs. That is the first lesson in life someone should learn. How to navigate through all the shit and scams to find out what is true, what will help them, what will not rip them off. Public teachers are immune from being scam artists? The magic wand of governent makes them perfect? The interenet is a great teacher of how much the world is full of scams and fools deceived by these scams. You could be a perfect example for Life 101.

No. I don't have anything against education. I think parents and adults students would know best how to spend the money than government beauracrats who are largely scammers.

You are a hopeless case. You have been brainwashed your entire life in an SJW culture of humanity should just be one big happy family that cares for one another. To trust governenment just as religious people are instructed to trust God.

The world is an extremely competive place. Just observe nature to see this is true. All the eleborate things plants and animals do to beat the competition.

Humans have evolved to be at the top of the food chain. We have no preditors we compete with for life. We manipulate nature to serve our needs. So, we prey upon each other, we develope elaborate schemes to steal and enslave on antother(e.g. taxation), make war on others. We organize into groups to exploit others(e.g. politial parties).  What else would one expect of the most intellegent species on a small planet when there is massive competition to survive?

We can't just all get along and care for one another. Population pressures ensure the world for us remains a highly competive place. If you can't agree this is the reality we live in, there is no point in arguing with you, it's like trying to make the Pope be and atheist. Enjoy your delusion about the world you live in.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:In the good ole

EXC wrote:
In the good ole days, nearly everyone worked their way through college.

You mean the days where less than 1% of the population went to college and people didn't bathe for weeks at a time? lol.

EXC wrote:
If parents didn't have such a huge tax burden, they could save for their children.

No, because taxes aren't that expensive, certainly not compared to your idiotic strategy of charging everyone for everything at whatever amounts companies feel like charging.
Also, most parents like having roads and emergency services. It's a lot less likely their kids will die than in your 'good old days' when people needed 10 kids just to have a decent chance of seeing some of them make it to adulthood.

EXC wrote:
All the free money from the government has caused schools to dramitically raise their prices.

No, capitalism and the never ending goal for more inflation did that.

EXC wrote:
The opposite would happen if things were privatized.

No. All examples of social systems being privatized show a marked decrease in quality and a marked increase in cost. You're a liar.

EXC wrote:
We would have software and videos doing most of the teaching for free.

We have no method of automating education. Videos and software doesn't cut it. And it wouldn't be free either.

EXC wrote:
Why are the leftist SJWs into all these social activism degrees?

2 reasons. 1: there's a minor cultural revolution going on. 2: they're idiots. But don't pretend for one second that's all people study these days, even if you only count liberals. Because that'd be a lie.

EXC wrote:
Why doesn't society decide you fund you to be a general doctor since there is a shortage in that area?

In socialism it would.

EXC wrote:
Sure the internet is full of a lot of scams and fake stuff. So is everything, especially government programs. That is the first lesson in life someone should learn.

Intriguingly enough, that is indeed the first lesson public school taught me. I remember it well. It has perhaps been the most important single fact I ever learned. If I were in control of the education system, I'd do everything I could to make sure everyone knew how to fact check. Alas, uneducated idiots get elected to run school boards instead of earning the position. Not a flaw of capitalism at least.

EXC wrote:
Public teachers are immune from being scam artists? The magic wand of governent makes them perfect?

There's no magic wand and no perfection. You lack imagination. There are ways to implement checks and balances if you'd spend even a second thinking about it. But no, better to just label a rational plan as fantasy than actually use your brain.

EXC wrote:
No. I don't have anything against education. I think parents and adults students would know best how to spend the money than government beauracrats who are largely scammers.

How can they know if they haven't been educated? And weren't you just whining about the choices people make when they can choose anything? lmfao.

EXC wrote:
You are a hopeless case.

You certainly are. You can't even stay consistent in a single post. All you can do is make shit up. lol

EXC wrote:
You have been brainwashed your entire life in an SJW culture of humanity should just be one big happy family that cares for one another. To trust governenment just as religious people are instructed to trust God.

Lol. You're on drugs.

EXC wrote:
The world is an extremely competive place. Just observe nature to see this is true. All the eleborate things plants and animals do to beat the competition.

No shit sherlock. Someone give the guy a gold star. How very observant of you!

EXC wrote:
Humans have evolved to be at the top of the food chain. We have no preditors we compete with for life. We manipulate nature to serve our needs. So, we prey upon each other, we develope elaborate schemes to steal and enslave on antother(e.g. taxation), make war on others. We organize into groups to exploit others(e.g. politial parties).  What else would one expect of the most intellegent species on a small planet when there is massive competition to survive?

Quite a mixture of fact and fiction you have here.

EXC wrote:
We can't just all get along and care for one another.

Actually we can to an extent.

EXC wrote:
Population pressures ensure the world for us remains a highly competive place.

Nope.

EXC wrote:
If you can't agree this is the reality we live in, there is no point in arguing with you, it's like trying to make the Pope be and atheist. Enjoy your delusion about the world you live in.

Back at you, with a small alteration. I won't be finalising arguing against you. If I can put up with your nonsense and counter with logic and reason for 10 years, I can do it indefinitely.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:No, because

Vastet wrote:
You mean the days where less than 1% of the population went to college and people didn't bathe for weeks at a time? lol.
  Yet these 'uneducated' people build an infrastucture that made it possible to bathe all the time. Today our 'educated' society has a crumbling infrastructure, an inability to fix it because broke governments control the infrastruction and won't allow it to be privatized.Also soup, shampoo, deoderant and bathing all the time are scams as well. Not good for your health. I suppose you have use them since you're forced into overcrowded cities. 
Vastet wrote:
No, because taxes aren't that expensive, certainly not compared to your idiotic strategy of charging everyone for everything at whatever amounts companies feel like charging.
 Tax burden over 50% in USA and Canada for working middle class. Elites have set it up so working man has just enough to survive, the rest is theirs.  Why don't you start a company and charge a billions for a bottle of water if that is how you think economics works? Don't you want to be a billionaire? 
Vastet wrote:
Also, most parents like having roads and emergency services.
 Did I every say emergency services should be outlawed? If people want them, start voluntary service to provide this. Oh sorry, I forgot people can't do anything unless government has a gun to their heads. If you want welfare for people that can't afford these services, start a charity. If there is too many of them for you to afford, then it's time for mandatory birth control and no immigration. 
Vastet wrote:
No, capitalism and the never ending goal for more inflation did that.
 Inflation is due to government central banks printing money. Another hidden tax on the working man. Hopefully digital currencies will break the government run monopoly on money. 
Vastet wrote:
No. All examples of social systems being privatized show a marked decrease in quality and a marked increase in cost. You're a liar.
 Can you give a single example of true privatization not working? Michael Moore made a movie about the evils of free market capitalism, but all so called examples are actually the government is intervenening in the market, failing to punish criminals, etc.. It is impossible for the free market to fail. If a company was selling a crappy product and high cost, an entrepenuer would come in with something better/cheaper to take the business away.The only way this could not happen is if capitalists were not as you say 'greedy'. You can't have it both ways, 'capitalist greed' will quickly correct any imbalance in a free market. 
Vastet wrote:
We have no method of automating education. Videos and software doesn't cut it. And it wouldn't be free either.
 Why not? What is the point of eduction then if technology such automating education is way to difficult for humans to ever achieve?There are a lot of good rich liberals in Silicon Valley and Hollywood that say they care so much for the poor. Why wouldn't they volunteer their time and money? Unless liberalism is perhaps as scam? This is ridiculous, you could have the best teacher ever teaching millions of kids for basically free. Instead we pay and give generous benefits to total flunkies to basically babysit. 
Vastet wrote:
1: there's a minor cultural revolution going on.
 Hate to quote the bible but 'there is noting new under the sun'. 'Champions of the oppressed' scamming the workers to get money and power for themselves is older than sin. 
Vastet wrote:
EXC wrote:Why doesn't society decide you fund you to be a general doctor since there is a shortage in that area?In socialism it would.
 Why argue with me then. You should be arguing with leftists studying SJW shit and following their heart that we can't put the cost of their education and the doctor shortage on the backs of taxpayers.  
Vastet wrote:
Intriguingly enough, that is indeed the first lesson public school taught me. I remember it well. It has perhaps been the most important single fact I ever learned.
 But yet you somehow learned that socialism and a socialist government is not a scam. To me, It sounds like religion telling people give God your all. Just replace God with the socialist state and you have your perfect society. 
Vastet wrote:
If I were in control of the education system, I'd do everything I could to make sure everyone knew how to fact check. 
 Some people don't want an education. They want to fuck, make babies and make it everyone else's reposibility. So without mandatory birth control you end up with responsible educated peoplehaving few kids. Irressonsible/uneducated have few, yet they expect government to take care of them. Totally unsustainable model for a society. 
Vastet wrote:
How can they know if they haven't been educated? And weren't you just whining about the choices people make when they can choose anything? lmfao.
 OK. So the government should first educate everyone that most everything is a scam including goverment. So then, the people figure out they don't need government in its current form, its a scam. They don't need taxation.A public school just to teach about all the scams. I could go along with that. Why would any government ever do that? That would be suicide. Like GM telling you don't really need a car. Government wants to fill young minds up with patriotism and religion. Not that big expensive government is a scam.Then they have slaves for life. That is how the beast stays alive.   

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Yet these

EXC wrote:
Yet these 'uneducated' people build an infrastucture that made it possible to bathe all the time.

So did Rome. You feel pride that 1800 years after Rome built the first sewer system you finally had something of a sewer system? lol

EXC wrote:
Today our 'educated' society has a crumbling infrastructure, an inability to fix it because broke governments control the infrastruction and won't allow it to be privatized.

Nope. There's plenty of ability, you as a nation just prefer the empire to clean water. Privatisation would destroy what little you have left.

EXC wrote:
Also soup, shampoo, deoderant and bathing all the time are scams as well.

No they aren't. They're a bit excessive, but there's no scam. Simply ignorance.

EXC wrote:
 Tax burden over 50% in USA and Canada for working middle class.

Taxes aren't the problem, wages are. Taxes weren't much different 70 years ago, yet the middle class thrived because it had access to fair wages.

EXC wrote:
Why don't you start a company and charge a billions for a bottle of water if that is how you think economics works? Don't you want to be a billionaire? 

No I don't. I have no interest in wealth. If I became a billionare, I'd just use the money to invest in charities. Keep enough to retire on and that'd be it.

EXC wrote:
 Did I every say emergency services should be outlawed?

Did I say you said they should be outlawed?

EXC wrote:
If people want them, start voluntary service to provide this.

Yeah I really want an uneducated volunteer showing up when I call 911 instead of a professional. Not.

EXC wrote:
 Inflation is due to government central banks printing money.

No inflation is due to private banks ever persuing higher inflation. The government does help, but it is capitalism driving.

EXC wrote:
 Can you give a single example of true privatization not working?

I could give you millions of examples. Here's 2:
Atlanta, Georgia canceled a 20-year contract to run its drinking water system due to tainted water and poor service.
Since the City of Chicago sold its parking meters operation to a private firm in 2008, parking rates have jumped to $6.50 per hour with additional increases built-in for the next five years, causing a drop in downtown small business sales due to visitors refusing to pay the high rates.
http://www.moneycrashers.com/privatization-definition-public-works/

Privatization is only a good thing when the government is at a certain level of corruption or higher. As corruption would be visible to all in true socialism, and thus easy to destroy, privatization could only degrade services.

EXC wrote:
Michael Moore

Moore is an idiot who doesn't know how to run socialism. I have no need to comment on anything he says.

EXC wrote:
It is impossible for the free market to fail.

Then why has it failed more often than it succeeded? Why does it always fail eventually? Fact is that free market capitalism is completely unsustainable.

EXC wrote:
'capitalist greed' will quickly correct any imbalance in a free market.

Lol the opposite of reality. Greed has never balanced anything.

EXC wrote:
 Why not? What is the point of eduction then if technology such automating education is way to difficult for humans to ever achieve?

You need interaction and supervision. These things cannot be automated. Maybe one day they can be, but not today.

EXC wrote:
There are a lot of good rich liberals in Silicon Valley and Hollywood that say they care so much for the poor. Why wouldn't they volunteer their time and money?

Why should they? They're still capitalists. You don't have to be socialist to be liberal, since you weren't aware.

EXC wrote:
This is ridiculous, you could have the best teacher ever teaching millions of kids for basically free.

No you can't, because noone has time to answer every question from every child. What's ridiculous is your ideas of what our current level of technology can do.
And it sure as fuck wouldn't be free. Anyone who was so recognised would command a massive paycheque. They'd be rich in a day.

EXC wrote:
Hate to quote the bible but 'there is noting new under the sun'. 'Champions of the oppressed' scamming the workers to get money and power for themselves is older than sin. 

First sentence is irrelevant. Second is a lie. Neither has anything to do with what I said.

EXC wrote:
Why argue with me then.

I argue against all liars that I run into.

EXC wrote:
You should be arguing with leftists studying SJW shit and following their heart that we can't put the cost of their education and the doctor shortage on the backs of taxpayers.

No I shouldn't. Why would I lie? We SHOULD be putting services on the backs of taxpayers who use those services. Anything else would be stupid.

EXC wrote:
But yet you somehow learned that socialism and a socialist government is not a scam.

Because it isn't.

EXC wrote:
 Some people don't want an education.

Too bad. They can live in the woods then.

EXC wrote:
They want to fuck, make babies and make it everyone else's reposibility.

Impossible under socialism.

EXC wrote:
So without mandatory birth control you end up with responsible educated peoplehaving few kids. Irressonsible/uneducated have few, yet they expect government to take care of them. Totally unsustainable model for a society. 

Lies. An educated society doesn't have enough uneducated breeders to impact the educated by more than a few pennies per taxpayer per year.

EXC wrote:
 OK. So the government should first educate everyone that most everything is a scam including goverment.

No, the first lesson should be how to tell when something is a scam, otherwise it is a scam itself. As your premise was flawed, your conclusions must also be.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Taxes aren't

Vastet wrote:
Taxes aren't the problem, wages are. Taxes weren't much different 70 years ago, yet the middle class thrived because it had access to fair wages.
When income tax was first introduced, it was only supposed to be temporary, only for the rich and highly progressive. Back then $100/year was filthy rich.So the Federal Reserve keeps printing money(welfare for banks), we have continuous inflation. Now $100K/year you can't even afford a modest home in many areasof the country. The rich just passed their tax burden onto workers and consumers. 
Vastet wrote:
 Did I every say emergency services should be outlawed?
You don't beleive people will have emergncy services unless government provides them. I live in country now where I pay a fee to get good service. Ofcourse most people have really crappy public services, due to of course overpopulation. Free market capitalism is not a system to correct social ills or dysfunctional families. No economic system is. 
Vastet wrote:
Yeah I really want an uneducated volunteer showing up when I call 911 instead of a professional. Not.
Do I want a law that a paramedic must be uneducated? There are doctors now that volunteer their services. It would be illegal for them misrepresent theircredentials while volunteering. 
Vastet wrote:
No inflation is due to private banks ever persuing higher inflation. The government does help, but it is capitalism driving.
There is no such thing as a private bank in the USA or Canada. The Fed loans money they print to the big banks that then loan to consumers. Commercial banks are just middlemen. That is why you don't get shit on savings at a bank, they don't need your money, they've got a printing press in Wasington and Ottowa. They've tricked you into thinking they are capitialist.  
Vastet wrote:
Atlanta, Georgia canceled a 20-year contract to run its drinking water system due to tainted water and poor service. Since the City of Chicago sold its parking meters operation to a private firm in 2008, parking rates have jumped to $6.50 per hour with additional increases built-in for the next five years, causing a drop in downtown small business sales due to visitors refusing to pay the high rates.http://www.moneycrashers.com/privatization-definition-public-works/
 Both of the situations were fuckups by paid government officials. So how is this in any way an indictment of the private free market?In a truely privatized system, the management of the resourses would have to answer to the citizens(consumers). If there is a screw up, the company isfired, the managers responsible are fired. Do the consumers of this water or parking have the power to fire these people? No. So it is not an example of the free market.They are examples of government monopoly. How does a 'public' system make these incompetent government official suddely become competent managers? The magic wand of socialist government again. The problem isproblems persist because government moves so slow. These incompetetent officials are not punished for laziness and incompetence. In Chicago especially, the government is basically a mafia. So I'm sure they all get a big cut of parking money. So there is no incentive to fix the problem if they are getting a peice of the action. There was a screw up at Amazon this week, selling fake eclipse glasses that could damage eyes. So they fix the problem right away. With government, you have to wait for the next election cycle forsomething hopefully to be done about tainted water. 
Vastet wrote:
Then why has it failed more often than it succeeded? Why does it always fail eventually? Fact is that free market capitalism is completely unsustainable.
All the so called failures can be traced to government intervention, corrupt/incompetent goverment official making decisions instead of informed consumers or TMFP.Free market captitalism is not a cure for social problems. It is going to punish people for not having anything of value to sell. But you have to have pain to make people change and not be lazy.  
Vastet wrote:
No you can't, because noone has time to answer every question from every child. What's ridiculous is your ideas of what our current level of technology can do.
I feel like I'm talking to someone from 1917. A computer can beat any human at answering questions on Jeopardy. Obviously when students become workers, theyare going to have to learn to use competuers to learn and get the information they need. The need for traditional teachers is quickly becomming obsolete.Schools actually need IT people more than teachers to make sure the computers are always working well. 
Vastet wrote:
Because it isn't.
Yes, I know, I heard it before. God is the only one you can trust, so give him 100% of your life.Socialism is the only thing one can trust so give it all your money and time. 
Vastet wrote:
Too bad. They can live in the woods then.
Well in the USA it is illegal. All 'woods' are private property or government controlled with a lot of rules and fees.Again, why don't you argue with leftists? They are the ones that say food, shelter, healthcare are all human rights even if you don't want to study or work.  
Vastet wrote:
Lies. An educated society doesn't have enough uneducated breeders to impact the educated by more than a few pennies per taxpayer per year.
So then if everyone were educated to have a good job, they could all pay for their own childrens education. Right? So then we don't need government and taxation for this purpose.So manadtory birth control could just be a one generation thing. Once you had a society were everyone was educated to take care of themselves, who would need government? If your socialism actually worked, it would produce a society that didn't need a socialist government. True? If there were any small need for charity, the prosperous workers couldvolunteer there time and money for fix the situation. No need to bother taxpayers. True?So do we just need your brand of socialism for one generation? 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:When income tax

EXC wrote:
When income tax was first introduced, it was only supposed to be temporary, only for the rich and highly progressive. Back then $100/year was filthy rich.

Irrelevant.

EXC wrote:
So the Federal Reserve keeps printing money(welfare for banks), we have continuous inflation.

As demanded by economists and other private individuals and institutions, as per the goals capitalism. Change to socialism, it ends instantly. From that moment forward the only inflation would be true increases in costs, as opposed to imagined and forced.

EXC wrote:
Now $100K/year you can't even afford a modest home in many areasof the country.

Ridiculous. 100k a year would allow you to buy a whole block in a very short time. A house every 2-3 years or less. A high value house in a decade or three. Most people don't make that much in 10 years. Many neve make half that.

EXC wrote:
You don't beleive people will have emergncy services unless government provides them. I

They won't.

EXC wrote:
I live in country now where I pay a fee to get good service.

Bullshit.

EXC wrote:
Ofcourse most people have really crappy public services, due to of course overpopulation.

No, due to mismanagement. There is no overpopulation, never has been.

EXC wrote:
Free market capitalism is not a system to correct social ills or dysfunctional families. No economic system is. 

Socialism can definitely help with the 1st, the 2nd is irrelevant.

EXC wrote:
Do I want a law that a paramedic must be uneducated? There are doctors now that volunteer their services.

Not remotely enough of them to build a health system on, unless you want to wait 200 years for a doctor to see you.

EXC wrote:
It would be illegal for them misrepresent theircredentials while volunteering. 

No it wouldn't. No police and no courts because no taxes. Anyone can say and do whatever they like. Not even anyone to investigate.

EXC wrote:
There is no such thing as a private bank in the USA or Canada.

Lies.

EXC wrote:
The Fed loans money they print to the big banks that then loan to consumers. Commercial banks are just middlemen. That is why you don't get shit on savings at a bank, they don't need your money, they've got a printing press in Wasington and Ottowa. They've tricked you into thinking they are capitialist.  

They are capitalist, and they make most of their money from investing consumers money. Yet another subject you know nothing about. I won't deny there are corporate socialist elements involved, but corporate socialism is not socialism. It is quite the opposite.

EXC wrote:
Both of the situations were fuckups by paid government officials.

Indeed, they allowed it to go private. Massive fuckup there.

EXC wrote:
So how is this in any way an indictment of the private free market?

How is it not?

EXC wrote:
In a truely privatized system, the management of the resourses would have to answer to the citizens(consumers).

No they wouldn't. They'd have a monopoly and be able to do whatever they wanted.

EXC wrote:
If there is a screw up, the company isfired, the managers responsible are fired.

No, they get promoted. You can't fire a monopoly.

EXC wrote:
Do the consumers of this water or parking have the power to fire these people? No.

Glad you agree.

EXC wrote:
So it is not an example of the free market.

Except it is, because consumers never have that power except under socialism, which has never existed.

EXC wrote:
How does a 'public' system make these incompetent government official suddely become competent managers?

Because the people have the power to analyse and fire them.

EXC wrote:
So they fix the problem right away.

So they don't get fined and sued, two punishments that only exist because of government and taxes.

EXC wrote:
All the so called failures can be traced to government intervention, corrupt/incompetent goverment official making decisions instead of informed consumers or TMFP.

Every one of which was capitalist. There are no informed consumers without taxes.

EXC wrote:
I feel like I'm talking to someone from 1917

Funny that, I feel like I'm talking to someone from the 1100's.

EXC wrote:
A computer can beat any human at answering questions on Jeopardy.

Not without humans giving the software everything it needs to win.
Jeapordy is nothing compared to school.

EXC wrote:
Obviously when students become workers, theyare going to have to learn to use competuers to learn and get the information they need. The need for traditional teachers is quickly becomming obsolete.Schools actually need IT people more than teachers to make sure the computers are always working well.

So you've never been to school. Shocking that. Teachers outnumber IT by at least 10 to 1.

EXC wrote:
Yes, I know, I heard it before. God is the only one you can trust, so give him 100% of your life.Socialism is the only thing one can trust so give it all your money and time. 

Lies and projections.

EXC wrote:
Well in the USA it is illegal.

Laws can change.

EXC wrote:
So then if everyone were educated to have a good job, they could all pay for their own childrens education. Right?

But not everyone has an education to have a good job or enough to pay for education for themselves or their children, so you're still putting the cart before the horse.

EXC wrote:
So manadtory birth control could just be a one generation thing.

Irrelevant, there's no need for mandatory birth control, and there never will be a need.

EXC wrote:
Once you had a society were everyone was educated to take care of themselves, who would need government?

Pipe dream that has no basis in reality or history. IF we got there, sure. But we'll never get there without socialism. So it doesn't matter.
There would still be other issues requiring government. Still need roads, food, energy, emergency services, regulations. Still need government.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: No they

Vastet wrote:
No they wouldn't. They'd have a monopoly and be able to do whatever they wanted.

Government is a monopoly. Our so called democracy is just voting on which corporation(Republican or Democrat) gets to be the monopoly for the next few years. The government officials in charge of the tainted water system knew they could be lazy and incompetent because the work in a protected monopoly. This happens in cities where the Democrats are always the monopoly.

I'm arguing with someone that believes in unicorns. You've obviously are totally believing the scam of public servants really exist. The fact that they want generous pay and benefits and they unionize is proof that they are really private entities. Every person and entity is private, noone serves the public before themselves. Stop believing that unicorns exist.

There can be no debate about private vs public. Only a debate about monopolistic providers where tax collectors force payment. Or an open system where the consumer can choose.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Government is a

EXC wrote:
Government is a monopoly.

No. A dictatorship is a monopoly. A democracy is not.

EXC wrote:
Our so called democracy is just voting on which corporation(Republican or Democrat) gets to be the monopoly for the next few years.

If it's temporary it isn't a monopoly.

EXC wrote:
The government officials in charge of the tainted water system knew they could be lazy and incompetent because the work in a protected monopoly.

No, they knew they could be lazy and incompetent because the public is uneducated and cares more about Justin Bieber and a military empire than education and clean water. Which is why almost the entire US has a contaminated water system. Funny how it's only in the US. Canada, France, the UK, Spain, even Greece has a good water system. All countries that lean socialist have superior services to those which lean capitalist.

EXC wrote:
This happens in cities where the Democrats are always the monopoly.

Blatant lie.

EXC wrote:
I'm arguing with someone that believes in unicorns.

Says a retard who believes in unicorns to an intelligent person who doesn't.

EXC wrote:
You've obviously are totally believing the scam of public servants really exist.

Lies and misrepresentations all over the place.

EXC wrote:
The fact that they want generous pay and benefits and they unionize is proof that they are really private entities. Every person and entity is private, noone serves the public before themselves. Stop believing that unicorns exist.

Only retards are too stupid to see how easy it is to manipulate self interest so that actions taken in self interest actually benefit everyone. Stop believing unicorns exist.

EXC wrote:
There can be no debate about private vs public. Only a debate about monopolistic providers where tax collectors force payment. Or an open system where the consumer can choose.

Impossible and retarded. Stop believing in unicorns.