Bananas

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Bananas

I think I spelt it rite. I see there 's an ad appearing on the front page---- stop eating these three foods to cut belly fat. I know one of them is bananas. What's the deal on them, I thought they were good for floks. Whilst at Quartzsite AZ last winter I got camped out with 5 other Marines, and we all had  the USMC windsocks up in the wind. We named it MCB (Marine Corps Base) Quartzsite. I was for a long time having sliced bananas in my morning oatmeal. Celest, one of the wives (Commanding General of the Base) said that bananas ain't good for one self. She said I should use apples, they're more healthyerer.  She never esplained why they weren't healthy and I didn't ask. When the Base Commander gives general info a Lower ranking Leather Neck Devil Dog knows better to ask why. Um, Er, ah, Yes Ma'am, I'll get on it right away. So I felt compelled to make the switch. So what's the dope on this. Why after all these years ---suddenly--- bananas where hauled out of the chow hall.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
As with any thing you eat,

As with any thing you eat, there are good and bad properties.

If you eat greener bananas then they are better for you if you eat the yellow/black spotted ones.

That entire "belly fat" advertisments are bullshit. There is nothing wrong with eating a banana in the morning with your oatmeal.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok Thanks.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

If you eat greener bananas then they are better for you if you eat the yellow/black spotted ones.

That entire "belly fat" advertisments are bullshit. There is nothing wrong with eating a banana in the morning with your oatmeal.

I didn't want to click on it figuring its a come on deal to get my email address for advertising. Now I have a real problem.  How do tell the General next winter. Damn.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I didn't want to click on it figuring its a come on deal to get my email address for advertising. Now I have a real problem.  How do tell the General next winter. Damn.

If you are diabetic then you need to stay away from the sugary bananas. The ones which are soft, with the black spots. The more green the better because it has less sugar and more non-soluable fiber (meaning it won't be digested.

The ones which the black spots are filled with sugar as they ripen. That same fiber is being broken down and turned from starch to sugar.

The green ones have a zero glycemic value while the sugar ones have a 50.

Also, the black ones are best for making banana bread. You don't even need to add much sugar. Just throw them in the freezer for a few days. Then peel and put in the mixture for the dough.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Nope

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

If you are diabetic then you need to stay away from the sugary bananas. The ones which are soft, with the black spots. The more green the better because it has less sugar and more non-soluable fiber (meaning it won't be digested.

The ones which the black spots are filled with sugar as they ripen. That same fiber is being broken down and turned from starch to sugar.

The green ones have a zero glycemic value while the sugar ones have a 50.

Also, the black ones are best for making banana bread. You don't even need to add much sugar. Just throw them in the freezer for a few days. Then peel and put in the mixture for the dough.

No diabetic. I won't have a problem with your info. The local Super Mkt has a fast turn over in bananas. There's always near green ones. I remember as a kid we liked the near rotten ones the best. Now I have a better understanding why. Kids and sugar go together quite well.

I think what we may have here is an apple company trying to increase it's sales. This would explain the bill boards with pictured bananas I seen enroute from AZ to home last spring----Don't go bananas etc.  Smiling

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The food industry does

The food industry does whatever it can get away with. I'd say unless you see something from the CDC or FDA saying something is bad, it's bs. I believe you can search products on the FDA's site to see if they have something to say about it. Their page on bananas, if they have one, ought to be enough to keep the banana haters off your back while you enjoy some bananas.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
 I prefer the small bananas

I prefer the small bananas when they are green or ripe. 

If you ever get the chance, I recommend a Big Mike. They stopped growing them because of the "rust" which destroys the plants.

The Cavandish is the one we have on the market now

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
According to

the info you guys gave I was at the market this morning (I ran out of apples) and went bananas.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:the info you

Old Seer wrote:

the info you guys gave I was at the market this morning (I ran out of apples) and went bananas.

You should try the small ones... they are way better.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Did do

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

You should try the small ones... they are way better.

The ones I picked were a bit green and about 6-7 inch ones. I prefer a bit green so they last longer at home.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I came across

the term for those kinds of adds. Clickbaiting. How about those apples. Smiling