So now we live in an age where assaulting reporters does not prevent you from getting elected.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
So now we live in an age where assaulting reporters does not prevent you from getting elected.

I am not even against the idea of forgiveness. But this is insane. You cant simply appologize in this context. This is not a bar fight between no names. This is a politician and still electing him the day after the assault sets a very dangerous tone. 

So a Montana poltician gets angry at a reporter for doing his job, and slams him into the ground breaking his glasses. Next day, despite that, he wins the election. The GOP would be demanding a democrat step down if they had done that to say a Fox News reporter. 

No sorry, if there is no political consiquence for doing such, long term this sends a bad message and errodes the concept of political civility. 

HEY GOP, I fucking hate Sean Hanity, can I punch that fucker in the face and win an ellection? 

Yes he apologized, but in this context that is not enough, if he really means it he should step down if he values the free press and the concept of peaceful transfer of power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/greg-gianforte-montana-republican-body-slams-reporter.html?_r=0

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 But the one thing you can

But the one thing you can not claim is it is all one sided. The assults by leftist/anarchists at Trump rallies and in Berkeley show who is not interested in civility anymore. The police were ordered by leftist politicians not to arrest law breakers. At least this guy was arrested and charged. So what do you expect? There is apparently no end game now except civil war.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol are the two most

lol are the two most compulsive liars about to have a lie-off?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: There is

EXC wrote:

There is apparently no end game now except civil war.

god, i hope so. i hope all you fuckers blow each other off the face of the earth.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: god, i hope

iwbiek wrote:

god, i hope so. i hope all you fuckers blow each other off the face of the earth.

I'm on my own side. I'm escaping the madness. I don't need to blow anyone up. Just need to learn a bit more about growing my own food.

Brain puts all his hopes in goverment making the rich less greedy. Now he's got Trump running the big circus. Good luck with both of those.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: But the one

EXC wrote:

But the one thing you can not claim is it is all one sided. The assults by leftist/anarchists at Trump rallies and in Berkeley show who is not interested in civility anymore. The police were ordered by leftist politicians not to arrest law breakers. At least this guy was arrested and charged. So what do you expect? There is apparently no end game now except civil war.

You sick fuck, the asshole body slammed him and broke his glasses. You tell me when it is illegal or even a threat to ask a politician questions?

Does the idiot have a right to a trial yes, but that reporter had the right to call the police which he did. 

You are also sick if you want a civil war, FUCK YOU!

You don't want political pluralism, you want your economic views to be the only law of the land, that is not a free society. In a free society you DONT always get what you want, and assault is not legal fuckface.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:iwbiek wrote: god,

EXC wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I'm on my own side. I'm escaping the madness. I don't need to blow anyone up. Just need to learn a bit more about growing my own food.

Brain puts all his hopes in goverment making the rich less greedy. Now he's got Trump running the big circus. Good luck with both of those.

Go fuck yourself asshole. In the west we have the right to vote, we have political pluralism. I could give one shit less if you don't like it. 

I didn't vote for Trump moron, I hate that fucker. I don't see why you wouldn't support that asshole the way you talk.