atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
And here I thought it

And here I thought it couldn't get worse...

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:And here I

Vastet wrote:
And here I thought it couldn't get worse...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the original episode metaphor about hubris and narcissism? Is your objection to the character comming back, or the actor trying to portray the original character? Just curious, never really got into the original series, but I do remember that episode. Harry gets duplicated right?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There were two episodes, and

There were two episodes, and they both sucked. The character was ridiculous to the point of cartoony.

No, Harry didn't get duplicated. The second episode had him kinda but not really in charge of a bunch of androids that were defeated by mere illogical and irrational activity by the Enterprise crew. They all overheated due to basic logical conundrums, which logically prevented them from ever existing in the first place. Stupid episode.

The first one at least had some depth to the story. But it was still stupid.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:There were two

Vastet wrote:
There were two episodes, and they both sucked. The character was ridiculous to the point of cartoony. No, Harry didn't get duplicated. The second episode had him kinda but not really in charge of a bunch of androids that were defeated by mere illogical and irrational activity by the Enterprise crew. They all overheated due to basic logical conundrums, which logically prevented them from ever existing in the first place. Stupid episode. The first one at least had some depth to the story. But it was still stupid.

You shouldn't take the original series seriously.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't. There are still,

I don't. There are still, however, some original episodes that were great and others that were shit. The Mudd episodes were easily in the shit pile.
That they are even considering introducing Mudd tells me that they aren't taking Discovery seriously. Which is... annoying.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I don't. There

Vastet wrote:
I don't. There are still, however, some original episodes that were great and others that were shit. The Mudd episodes were easily in the shit pile. That they are even considering introducing Mudd tells me that they aren't taking Discovery seriously. Which is... annoying.

I agree. Some were total shit. I watch them on occasion and laugh at the mistakes and errors. Some of them are actually really good episodes.