Science wins again.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Science wins again.

the reasons for this--but. The Pope now say that evolution is compatable with the teachins/doctrines of his church. Science wins again. From what I undersatnd from Catholic teachings and claims---evolution is in no way compatable with the accounts in Genesis. Adam and Eve were the ( according to the churchs original teachings) were the first two breeding people on the planet earth, and that was about 7000 years ago. Another grand morph job by a religion to chnage beliefs to keep the sheep in tow.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote: the reasons

Old Seer wrote:

the reasons for this--but. The Pope now say that evolution is compatable with the teachins/doctrines of his church. Science wins again. From what I undersatnd from Catholic teachings and claims---evolution is in no way compatable with the accounts in Genesis. Adam and Eve were the ( according to the churchs original teachings) were the first two breeding people on the planet earth, and that was about 7000 years ago. Another grand morph job by a religion to chnage beliefs to keep the sheep in tow.

I thought only "young Earth" people thought that? I remember a Catholic priest/scientist who said the Earth was billions of years old and that the idea that the Earth was 6,000 years old was BS

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
When I go back

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I thought only "young Earth" people thought that? I remember a Catholic priest/scientist who said the Earth was billions of years old and that the idea that the Earth was 6,000 years old was BS

to my child hood teachings were alot different then now. The worlds idea of Christianity depends on the interpretations from back in time--IE, the times of Galileo and earlier. The teaching when I was a kid were all from that time period. If Christianity is to stand as is in the world it cannot go agaist it's primal techings---or--- the religion is meaningless. Catholism at one time was just as young earth as any other, as it's teachings from past times shows. The very prospect that Galileo was under house arrest for many years because he stated that the earth orbited the sun rather then the biblical ideas that the church had was the opposite shows clearly that youg earth and cosmic knowledge the church leaders had was uninspired by a supreme geing.

Question?  how did they get it wrong "if" they are divinely informed of church teachings by a devine intellectual being who would have informed them of the facts. They often claim that a teaching was never doctrine and God only enlightens over time---well hells bells, if thats the case theat claim negates any reason for them to have a religion based on the bible. Technically then, the bible is always wrong when it comes to their interpretaions but they are never wrong by some twist of reason. So far---science has won every argument

In their manner of interpretation it seems to always get changed with the findings and determinations of science. The general interpretaions that they forward have alway held young earth analysis whether or not they consider something to be church doctrine or not. In my day as a young boy and looking back --the total outcome of the teachings of back then could not ever have supported evolution, in lieu of what was taught.

It all get right down to "devine revelation", which seems to have never been in force at anytime. The very failure of religions to outdo science proves that not religious leader could possibly at any time been devinely informed of the facts. Their devine revelation has never proved to be of any value. There-fore then, one must conclude by the evidence that there has never been a devine creastor of the material universe. The total end of the matter shows --no divine creator, as seen from historical experience in connection with religions.      The Guy cannot be there. The religious leaders themselves are the evidence of it.

When I go back and see what their claims are for being "not wrong" I can imagine what answers they could come up with.

Also, why is it that no church leader has ever showed up here to challenge the Old Seers.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:to my child

Old Seer wrote:

to my child hood teachings were alot different then now. The worlds idea of Christianity depends on the interpretations from back in time--IE, the times of Galileo and earlier. The teaching when I was a kid were all from that time period. If Christianity is to stand as is in the world it cannot go agaist it's primal techings---or--- the religion is meaningless. Catholism at one time was just as young earth as any other, as it's teachings from past times shows. The very prospect that Galileo was under house arrest for many years because he stated that the earth orbited the sun rather then the biblical ideas that the church had was the opposite shows clearly that youg earth and cosmic knowledge the church leaders had was uninspired by a supreme geing.

Question?  how did they get it wrong "if" they are divinely informed of church teachings by a devine intellectual being who would have informed them of the facts. They often claim that a teaching was never doctrine and God only enlightens over time---well hells bells, if thats the case theat claim negates any reason for them to have a religion based on the bible. Technically then, the bible is always wrong when it comes to their interpretaions but they are never wrong by some twist of reason. So far---science has won every argument

In their manner of interpretation it seems to always get changed with the findings and determinations of science. The general interpretaions that they forward have alway held young earth analysis whether or not they consider something to be church doctrine or not. In my day as a young boy and looking back --the total outcome of the teachings of back then could not ever have supported evolution, in lieu of what was taught.

It all get right down to "devine revelation", which seems to have never been in force at anytime. The very failure of religions to outdo science proves that not religious leader could possibly at any time been devinely informed of the facts. Their devine revelation has never proved to be of any value. There-fore then, one must conclude by the evidence that there has never been a devine creastor of the material universe. The total end of the matter shows --no divine creator, as seen from historical experience in connection with religions.      The Guy cannot be there. The religious leaders themselves are the evidence of it.

When I go back and see what their claims are for being "not wrong" I can imagine what answers they could come up with.

Also, why is it that no church leader has ever showed up here to challenge the Old Seers 

The problem is that there is no divine revelation. There is no god speaking to them. Hell, the Incas new the world was round before the Europeans. The "church" as is with all religions, is outdated.