Oh the irony: Marijuana could help treat drug addiction, mental health, study suggests

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh the irony: Marijuana could help treat drug addiction, mental health, study suggests

Date:
November 16, 2016

Source:
University of British Columbia

Summary:
Using marijuana could help some alcoholics and people addicted to opioids kick their habits, a new study suggests. The research also found some evidence that medical cannabis may help with symptoms of depression, PTSD and social anxiety. However, the review concluded that cannabis use might not be recommended for conditions such as bipolar disorder and psychosis.

Exerpt:
"Research suggests that people may be using cannabis as an exit drug to reduce use of substances that are potentially more harmful, such as opioid pain medication," said the study's lead investigator Zach Walsh, associate professor of psychology at UBC's Okanagan campus.

This comprehensive review of research on medical cannabis use and mental health also found some evidence that cannabis may help with symptoms of depression, PTSD and social anxiety. However, the review concluded that cannabis use might not be recommended for conditions such as bipolar disorder and psychosis.

Full article:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/11/161116102847.htm

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The question is whether

The question is whether its a productive way to treat it. If weed helps and a active healthy excersize fulled lifestyle helps (Random example which I have no idea if its true or not) it seems clear which way people should be treated not that the two are totally mutually exclusive.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That is not in question,

That is not in question, which you'd know if you did some research.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Not ever having

the malidies mention I do know that a number of my aquaintansces who have used this means can confirm in my understanding that this information is correct. Any laws pretaining to the use of THC are modivated by big pharma to protect their profits.

(from Quartzsite AZ)

How da heck is everyone around here ----Smiling

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That may be true in the US,

That may be true in the US, but not in Canada. There is no big pharma in Canada. This is a Canadian study.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Because the american

Because the american government is a pile of dog shit they will never do any thing right unless a lobbyist pays them to do it.