Cubs and stupid sports superstitions.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cubs and stupid sports superstitions.

Not a baseball fan at all, but decided to watch this last game because the Cubs were ahead, and then kinda like the Redskins, in the 8th it seemed that the wheels came off when the manager changed pitchers and blew a 3 point lead allowing Cleveland to come back and tie. I am no fan of the sport, but I know a choke when I see one. For the Credit of the Cubs though, it was like tying in football missing a game winning field goal, but finally having the kicker make up for it in OT.

Oh, and fuck superstiton, the Cubs not winning for so long is a simple matter of math and player skill. Out of all pro sports baseball has far more many games and it two teams ouf of 30 teams to make it to that final. Just like in any other sport like college basketball only 2 teams make it to the finals. And the word "curse" is selfish and narcissistic because it demans the efforts of the losing team, and they still even in a loss did better than the other 28 teams

There is certainly luck in life but not superstitious magic luck or bullshit words like "miricle" and their is no sky hero or black cat or goat or witch "cursing" you. Winning and losing are a matter of skill and luck and at that level also math, and the more competing for that last top spot the math will not accomidate two winners.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It is not fair that only

It is not fair that only 3% of the players and fans win the World Series. We need to get the Supreme Court do declare this unfairness unconstitution. Every player on every team should have a trophy with bonus money and every city gets a parade. Also I didn't see any women or transgendered on either team when with this unfairness end? Certainly not if Trump is elected.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol

lol

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I've been a MLB fan for a

I've been a MLB fan for a long time, but don't follow the games or teams. I only like the sport as it reminds me of my youth when I ate, dreamed and shit baseballs.

The problem with major league sports is the media. Teams like NY are good because they can afford the better players. NY has a bigger media market. This means more money. Bigger stadiums. More fans. etc.

Teams like The Cubs don't have that market even though they have Chicago. It's similar to situations like LA, Dallas or other teams with massive markets. Sure you get a few odd teams which make it but then they fade away to obscurity.

It happens in all sports and all teams.

Oh, and MLB used to have only the top teams in each division go to the playoffs. In the '95 they added the wild card teams which gave more chances to weaker teams. Since these were added, 6/20 won the World Series or about 1/3. However This gives more games also to the fatter teams which gives them more money. So it is a win/win for them.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I think the advantages of

I think the advantages of money are overrated in baseball. Cleveland and KC proved it this year. The problem is by the time a player proves he is worth getting paid a lot, he is starting to get past his prime. Also some players are not good in preesure situations like the playoffs.

My problem with baseball and all pro-sports is the feminist takeover. The playoffs were innondated with commercials about women playing in the big leagues. We must ignore science and believe women can throw 100MPH fastballs and hit 500 feet home runs(even while 9 months pregnant I assume). Women have not played yet played in the big leagues only because of sexism. This from the same people that tell us doubting a global warming catastrophy is unscientific. I'm boycotting until this shit ends.

Pretty soon there will be lawsuits to force integration and equal pay for women players. Will certainly happen if Hillary gets to appoint judges.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen