David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
David Henson wrote:Alien Ant

Ah, what the hell . . . let's do a cover thread

Shortly before Prince died someone asked Eric Clapton what it was like being the greatest guitarist in the world and Clapton replied, "I don't know, you'll have to ask Prince."

Prince Honky Tonk Women / Whole Lotta Love With Tom Petty, Jeff Lyne, Stevie Winwood, Dhani Harrison While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Pat Boone Crazy Train

The Kennedy Center Honors Steven Tyler Abbey Road Medely / Heart Stairway To Heaven / Aretha Franklin (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

David Lee Roth If 6 Was 9 / Soul Kitchen

The Honeydrippers I Got A Woman / Sea Of Love

The Allman Brothers Rain

Amateur Night?

Brendon Mcfarlane Dead Flowers / House Of The Rising Sun / Money Wont

Avery Moleck (From 6 to 10) Hot For Teacher / The Spirit Of Radio / 5150 / La Grange / King Nothing With Kiss Love Gun / With Brad Paisley Hot For Teacher

Rough Shot (Drum Cam: Crazy Stick Tricks)  I Want You To Want Me / Two Princes / The Middle

Greyson Chance Paparazzi / On Ellen 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Battery

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:BatteryGood

Vastet wrote:
Battery

Good one. I have a 5.1 sound system on my puter and Metallica always sounds so good.

Like Metallica At Nimes 2009 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is it any good? Watching a

Is it any good? Watching a youtube vid isn't as easy as clicking a link for me, and I lost interest in Metallica after 3 sub par albums in a row.

David Henson
Theist
David Henson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Is it any good?

Vastet wrote:
Is it any good? Watching a youtube vid isn't as easy as clicking a link for me, and I lost interest in Metallica after 3 sub par albums in a row.

I think so. I don't know what your issues are with YouTube vids, but I like it. I like the newer Metallica stuff better than the older (older being before the black album), but I like it all. I'm not a fanatic about it, but it sounds good to me. The track list is as follows.

02:43-Blackened 08:20-Creeping Death 14:45-Fuel 19:19-Harvester Of Sorrow 25:27-Fade To Black 34:05-Broken, Beat & Scarred 40:42-Cyanide 48:33-Sad But True 53:40-Bass Solo 55:20-One 01:02:10-All Nightmare Long 01:09:54-Solo Kirk N°1 01:11:40-The Day That Never Comes 01:19:55-Master Of Puppets 01:28:52-Dyers Eve 01:33:55-Solo Kirk N°2 01:35:27-Nothing Else Matters 01:41:21-Enter Sandman 01:50:40-Stone Cold Crazy 01:53:12-Motorbreath 01:59:00-Seek & Destroy

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The black album was the last

The black album was the last one where I enjoyed most of the tracks. Load had a few good songs, but I haven't liked anything since.
Personally I've never been big on concerts. There's some good songs there though.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
David Henson wrote:David

David Henson wrote:

Ah, what the hell . . . let's do a cover thread

Shortly before Prince died someone asked Eric Clapton what it was like being the greatest guitarist in the world and Clapton replied, "I don't know, you'll have to ask Prince."

hate to ruin your fun, but that old urban legend's been around since long before anyone knew about prince. it used to be hendrix answering, "i don't know, you'll have to ask phil keaggy." then it became clapton saying the same thing in some variations. phil keaggy played guitar in a lot of early christian contemporary music. this is the first time i've heard the prince variation.

it appears snopes has articles about both:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/keaggy.asp

http://www.snopes.com/eric-clapton-quote-about-prince/

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson