The BBB

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
The BBB

Any one have experience with the BBB?

I have been having problems with them for years now and since we do not pay to have our rating changed (extortion) it is an F.

So why is it an F?

Because we refuse to use their services. We do not want to be involved with them or their rating system.

Recently I think I found a flaw in their system and logic.

They rate your company/services based on not only the complaint but the fact that if you do not reply to the complaint or you do not respond in a manner to their liking, then your grade is lowered.

It isn't legal to have this sort of system with out an opt-out feature.

The reason why I say this is because their system functions slightly different than, let us say Yelp!. Yelp doesn't give you a lower rating if you do not respond to the negative review.

The BBB however rates you because you do not respond. This is a forceful attempt to make you interact with their requests. They are basically saying, "respond or you will get a ower rating".

I think this is a loophole and could be used to force them to change their policy.

If you don't respond then they can't lower your rating because you aren't a part of their collective.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
It looks like

just another executive pay scam to me. One of those deals that allows individuals to make high saleries from actually doing not much. I don't have any experience with the BBB but---follow the money. Top execs from 100K to150K per year.

The DAV looks the same to me. (Disabled American Vets). I joined back in 98 for a life time fee of 100 bucks. But, really haven't had any need for them. They do help Vets quite a bit but it's the money in the end. Now, for shooting off at the mouth I have to look up DAV saleries to see if I'm right---something I should have done first. Smiling

It's the same with charities--it's the exec pay that counts.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I'm debating on starting a

I'm debating on starting a class action against the BBB.

I've rationized their business model and it is flawed.

The process for grading a company means the BBB has decided that the company is either worth while or not to be trusted. It is the BBB which gives the F rating to the company, not the person filing the complaint.

The BBB must accept the responsibility for lost income and business.

I've had it happen. I've had people call me for a quote then call me back only to tell me they found out company with an F rating and won't do business with the company because they trust the opinion of the BBB.