Sam Harris does not exactly doesn't like Trump

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sam Harris does not exactly doesn't like Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

All his critisism of Trump boils down to he doesn't like his style. I agree Trump comes off as a con-artist salesman and he doesn't appeal at all intellectually. I totally get that, but the bottow line is who will best stop the Islamificaion of America?

Mr. Harris has made the point about moderate Muslims enabling the jihaddists. I get that. So why go along with the open borders politicians that want to flood the country with unvetted immigrants just to make the Democrat party a monopoly? He should take a stand against 'moderate' Islamists and hold his nose and say if Trump will stop Islamic immigration, maybe we can save the country from Islamificaton. Also Christian churches recruit illegal immigrants by offering them aid.

Hillary is an idiot on foreign policy. She and Obama tried to find "moderate" militants in Syria to support in their civil war. What kind of an idiot thinks there exists "moderate" militants? So now the US must take in all these fighting age men that are either jihadists or too cowardly to fight jihadists over there. Then we have to send our soldiers over there to clean up the mess because our rich folks need access to cheap labor and the Dems need more desperately poor people to vote for government aid.

Europe and the US have made a lot of progress with becoming less religious, all that is being wiped away by open borders politicians like Obama and Merkel. We don't need another one like Hillary.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:who will best stop

EXC wrote:

who will best stop the Islamificaion of America?

LMAO

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
why don't you have a fucking

why don't you have a fucking coronary already...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:EXC

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

who will best stop the Islamificaion of America?

LMAO

That's pretty much where I shook my head too. As if there has ever been anything in the US which suggests it is being converted to islam. There are so few islamic followers they get included as 'other' in most studies. The biggest jump is in those who don't have an affiliation with any religion, and that significantly reduces the likelyhood of any religion becoming dominant. In fact, there has been, since 2007, a bigger increase in no religious affiliation than there has been in ALL non-christian faiths combined.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pretty sure the good people

Pretty sure the good people of Allepo didn't take ISIS seriously as well. 

You get the caliphate you deserve.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I call bullshit. Anyone in

I call bullshit. Anyone in Allepo who didn't consider isis a threat was part of isis to begin with. There is absolutely no correlation to the discussion whatsoever.

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Here is a channel about

Here is a channel about Islam I find very informative.  This video seems relevant to the conversation.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
EXC

EXC wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1JyDJ_iKU

All his critisism of Trump boils down to he doesn't like his style. I agree Trump comes off as a con-artist salesman and he doesn't appeal at all intellectually. I totally get that, but the bottow line is who will best stop the Islamificaion of America?

Mr. Harris has made the point about moderate Muslims enabling the jihaddists. I get that. So why go along with the open borders politicians that want to flood the country with unvetted immigrants just to make the Democrat party a monopoly? He should take a stand against 'moderate' Islamists and hold his nose and say if Trump will stop Islamic immigration, maybe we can save the country from Islamificaton. Also Christian churches recruit illegal immigrants by offering them aid.

Hillary is an idiot on foreign policy. She and Obama tried to find "moderate" militants in Syria to support in their civil war. What kind of an idiot thinks there exists "moderate" militants? So now the US must take in all these fighting age men that are either jihadists or too cowardly to fight jihadists over there. Then we have to send our soldiers over there to clean up the mess because our rich folks need access to cheap labor and the Dems need more desperately poor people to vote for government aid.

Europe and the US have made a lot of progress with becoming less religious, all that is being wiped away by open borders politicians like Obama and Merkel. We don't need another one like Hillary.

Fuck you asshole. This is more bullshit double speak garbage. The right, not the left you fuckwad, are the ones peddling xenophobia and hate. 

First off dipshit, Bush had far more outposts attacked in his 8 years and who finally nabbed Bin Laden when he didn't OBAMA YOU DIPSHIT and Hillary was in the room when they did, want a picture?

Neither Obama or Hillary are calling for bans on an entire religion. Neither Obama or Hillary have called for mass deportation. 

Europe's right wing is the problem just like our far right is a problem here. Your dear leader has been condemened not only by Sam Harris but even his fellow republicans including Colin Powell and 50 former GOP law agents. 

No sorry, you don't get to claim inclusion and freedom and especially not under Trump. He is nothing but a selfish asshole scapegoating demagogue and has no capability whatsover of understanding global issues. He talks just like a despot.

Trump is pandering to the worst in our species. Trump is Jim Crow and McCarthism and WW2 "Make Germany Great Again". And just on economics the "Make America Great Again" is fucking bullshit knowing that our economy is much better now than it was when Bush left.

Trump is also the one who called captured veterans loosers and is running for a party that  has stoped several veterans bills. 

This isn't about political correctness. Trump isn't "telling it like it is". Trump is using the same propaganda tactics of political scapegoating that gave rise to Hitler. YES ASSHOLE in his case Godwin's law does apply.

Sam is dead right about Trump's insanity but again, you don't have to take it from him or me, 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politics/republican-national-security-letter-donald-trump-election-2016/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
From what

RatDog wrote:

Here is a channel about Islam I find very informative.  This video seems relevant to the conversation.

I can make of this, I'm listening to what generally goes on in the world as a whole. (or is it-hole-  Smiling

Everyone knows what's best for everyone else. I don't see (statement rather then criticism) how they are really any different then anyone else if what they want to do in influence others in their way of thinking. There is one difference here that bothers me.

I see Islam as a "religion government", which also leads me to question--will a Muslim go the constitution or his/her religion. As I see it, Islam is lead by religious leaders and they are the final say, just as in Iran. This is a question I find others are wrestling with. I'm not fooled by the seperation of church and state idea, as I see it, religion still plays a big part in decisions made by the government of the US of A. Beliefs (IMO) do not get separated from actions.

So, what do we have here. I naturally see a difference in the way Islam works and conventional US religions work. Anyway, I detect that but can't explain it. If the fella in the vidio is correct I see nothing more then the same old colonial move---only coming this way then going to the other. Religions and politics are highly expert on pulling the wool on floks. So, when it comes to government and religons, I'm skeptical of there stated motives. In the end---it's money. Money ispower and power leads to money, the two main ingredients of what the world of people runs on.

The idea of those guys  (religions and polititians) is what the world is running on ---and ---consider the mess this whole thing going on here is in. The fact is. they are proof that they fucking well don't know what the hell they're doing, It's just a matter of power over others. Thgey aren't paying the price for this deal---we are. If I had a setup like they I'd be invincable too. They're nothing but slickies. And, I'm unanimous on this.

Addition edit- This wasn't on the news, and I'm not intending to degrade, but this is what's bothering many in St Cloud Mn. Google- mall stabbings st cloud mn. What people are wondering there is why this wasn't on national news. (St Cloud MN is my birth city) There's 100os of Samolians settled there (or that area) and people are very afraid of the consequences. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can't look at islam

You can't look at islam differently from other religions. It isn't a religion/government any more than any other mainstream religion. Both judaism and christianity also have a government aspect, they just no longer have many countries willing to tolerate them being in charge. The muslims might be in the same boat except that the christians and states who are biased in their favour have spent the last thousand years oppressing the entire region. Up until recently, more recently than WW2, none of the countries in the middle east really existed. They were creations of the west, governed by the west, until the west abandoned them to their own devices. At which point a completely new form of oppression was begun against those in the region. There's a damn good reason people in the region have become terrorists, and islam has nothing to do with it.

To this day there has yet to be a period where muslim dominated nations have had time for introspection, to let islam and social conditions evolve and improve. Such things can only happen in times of relative peace, never when a nation is facing an existential threat.

Women and black people didn't get rights when the British were still in power in the US. Nor during the civil or world wars. It was when the US had already taken its place as a super power and the only remaining potential existential threat was not shooting at them that such movements bore fruit. Even so women and blacks aren't treated equally in the US, and it has been more than half a century since rights were truly extended to them.

As long as muslim dominated nations have the US and Russia breathing down their necks, and Israel continues to be an aggressive power comitting atrocities and illegal acts, and neighbouring nations are potential enemies: there will never come a time when the middle east can turn an eye on itself and advance like the west has done.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
From the posts here, I can

From the posts here, I can see that the USA is headed down the same path as Sweeden and Netherlands. The SJWs and globalists have created an alliance to accelerated the end of their borders, laguage and culture. They are now tolarate of intolerance. There it too too late to do anything about Islamification.

Those of you who have some rationality, does not the fact that Brian think Trump and I are worse than Hitler, give you pause to think I could be right? Trump is flawed, but he is the last chance to stop the insanity short of civil war.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

I though Colin Powell was an idiot for getting us into Iraq? Didn't most of these people mentioned and Hillary support the invasion? Didn't the "best and brightest" security experts get us into Vietnam?

These are the same people that advised supporting "Moderates" in Syria's civil war and then were shocked to find out there were no moderate militants.

The same people telling us taking our shoes off at the airport makes us safer. 

The same people that are OK with letting hundreds of thousand of Muslim refugees in. They didn't stop jihadists from taking over their cities so we should let them in???

These "security experts" are all part of the globalist elitist club. The have each others' back but not the US citizens and taxpayers.

How can anyone disagree with Trump's response:

"The names on this letter are the ones the American people should look to for answers on why the world is a mess, and we thank them for coming forward so everyone in the country knows who deserves the blame for making the world such a dangerous place. They are nothing more than the failed Washington elite looking to hold onto their power, and it's time they are held accountable for their actions," Trump said in a statement.

"These insiders -- along with Hillary Clinton -- are the owners of the disastrous decisions to invade Iraq, allow Americans to die at Benghazi, and they are the ones who allowed the rise of ISIS. Yet despite these failures, they think they are entitled to use their favor trading to land taxpayer-funded government contracts and speaking fees."

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You can't look

Vastet wrote:
You can't look at islam differently from other religions.

I don't agree. Until recently I didn't know much about Islam, but now with what is happening in Europe I've become aware. The wonderful thing about the internet is you can see actual footage normal people recorder so you aren't just reliant on the media. There is some really disturbing footage online in regards to the Migrants, and that got me interested enough to start studying the religion. It's really messed up. It's very tribalistic. Pretty much anything done to the kafirs (unbelievers) is ok. They have various concept in their religion that sicken me including making people into dhimmi. I don't think the religion is going to be reformed. The sickos that wrote it made that difficult in no impossible by writing down the way they want people to interpret the Quran in things called the Hadith. I don’t want this sick crap around me. Reason enough to vote Trump.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:From the posts

EXC wrote:

From the posts here, I can see that the USA is headed down the same path as Sweeden and Netherlands. The SJWs and globalists have created an alliance to accelerated the end of their borders, laguage and culture. They are now tolarate of intolerance. There it too too late to do anything about Islamification.

Those of you who have some rationality, does not the fact that Brian think Trump and I are worse than Hitler, give you pause to think I could be right? Trump is flawed, but he is the last chance to stop the insanity short of civil war.

That's ridiculous. Trump is not capable of preventing war. He's infinitely more likely to start it.

RatDog wrote:
I don't agree. Until recently I didn't know much about Islam, but now with what is happening in Europe I've become aware. The wonderful thing about the internet is you can see actual footage normal people recorder so you aren't just reliant on the media.

It would be interesting if Israeli's had to wear cameras that showed how they treat muslims day to day. Or Americans or Russians for that matter. It would make black lives matter look like a group of whiny bitches who don't have a clue what oppression really is.

RatDog wrote:
There is some really disturbing footage online in regards to the Migrants, and that got me interested enough to start studying the religion.

And Americans kill just as many Americans in mall and school shootings. Mexican drug cartels kill and maim more people than isis as well, and are much more vicious about it. Anyone who thinks muslims have a monopoly on crime needs to take off their blinders. You had a crime problem long before refugees.

RatDog wrote:
It's really messed up. It's very tribalistic.

Which proves my point. The societies from the ground up are primitive and violent. The religion didn't make them that way, the conditions made the religion that way.

RatDog wrote:
Pretty much anything done to the kafirs (unbelievers) is ok.

The exact same tenets are present in christianity and judaism.

RatDog wrote:
They have various concept in their religion that sicken me including making people into dhimmi.

And christians weren't even willing to do that much when they rampaged across Europe, so your argument says nothing bad about muslims by comparison.

RatDog wrote:
I don't think the religion is going to be reformed.

You think wrong.

RatDog wrote:
The sickos that wrote it made that difficult in no impossible by writing down the way they want people to interpret the Quran in things called the Hadith. I don't want this sick crap around me. Reason enough to vote Trump.

The sicko's that wrote it were no different than the sicko's who wrote any other religion. You clearly don't know what hadiths actually are (hint: they have nothing to do with the quran). And Trump is absolutely NOT going to do anything effective whatsoever. You want more violence, vote for Trump.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I kinda think

EXC wrote:

I though Colin Powell was an idiot for getting us into Iraq? Didn't most of these people mentioned and Hillary support the invasion? Didn't the "best and brightest" security experts get us into Vietnam?

These are the same people that advised supporting "Moderates" in Syria's civil war and then were shocked to find out there were no moderate militants.

The same people telling us taking our shoes off at the airport makes us safer. 

The same people that are OK with letting hundreds of thousand of Muslim refugees in. They didn't stop jihadists from taking over their cities so we should let them in???

These "security experts" are all part of the globalist elitist club. The have each others' back but not the US citizens and taxpayers.

How can anyone disagree with Trump's response:

"The names on this letter are the ones the American people should look to for answers on why the world is a mess, and we thank them for coming forward so everyone in the country knows who deserves the blame for making the world such a dangerous place. They are nothing more than the failed Washington elite looking to hold onto their power, and it's time they are held accountable for their actions," Trump said in a statement.

"These insiders -- along with Hillary Clinton -- are the owners of the disastrous decisions to invade Iraq, allow Americans to die at Benghazi, and they are the ones who allowed the rise of ISIS. Yet despite these failures, they think they are entitled to use their favor trading to land taxpayer-funded government contracts and speaking fees."

Trumps got this one right. These guys belong to the US of A,s greatest liars club. It was Bush and Cheney along with their neocon cronies that got the middle east in the present condition. The Isrealis got it stated back in the day when they blew up the King David Hotel killing a slough of Brits. Things keep migrating from one bad circumstance into a worse. Of course they don't like Trump, he's got them figured out. They're washing their hands in muddy water. Who better to defend them from their actions then themselves. They're making money off this deal. Instead of Trump showing his taxs, why not these guys showing their investments.The longer this goes on the more money they make. Green backs matters.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, i for one am grateful

well, i for one am grateful every day that i live in this europe that everyone apparently thinks is sinking into anarchy, rather than the country i grew up in. elect trump, fuckers. let the goddamn ship sink. i washed my fucking hands of america long ago and i don't look back. fucking america deserves everything it gets. it's a goddamn deformed child with puritan psychosexual issues, who only got where it is today because it was an overgrown enough fucking lurch-like troglodyte that it could, by sheer girth, lumber its way into whatever it wanted for a while. now, however, the air is going out of that fucking tire. go fornicate yourselves with your apple fucking pie and mom.

i left it, merle. fuck you.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson