atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Personally, all the Saints

Personally, all the Saints are cunts or dicks. I don't care for any one trying to put others up on a pedestal claiming they are better than others, that they are some how special or unique. While some people might well be true givers of relief to the sick and poor, I don't believe Mother Teresa was one of them. I think she was a cunt who pushed her own hidden agenda. I found it interesting how when she died she insisted that all her writings be destroyed. I find this the truth of who she was behind the scenes. Some of her writings were saved and they were published, showing that she really wasn't who others claimed. It truly would have been interesting to see all her writings. I'm betting she was dealing with some mental issues and didn't want others to know it. As to why she would bother to write stuff down, many people use diaries as a form of mental therapy. I will assume that she was racked with guilt and tried to use writing to release some of her demons.

Saint? No. She was a fucking cunt.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well religions in general

Well religions in general are clubs with ranks and rewards, like the military has ranks and medals. Hitchens was not fond of her in the slightest. The entire naming system is a joke too, Popes don't use their birth names neither did she. 

The more I look at Christianity, it simply seems to have copied the same dominion attitude of the Roman Empire. The Vatican city, itself has an Oblisk in the St Peter's Square that was originally stolen by Caligula from Egypt. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Female yes

Saint, no.

Saint is Chrsitian, or, natural person, which is opposite Civil person. Is/was she opposite any other on the planet---no. So, if no one else is a saint (including us Old Seers) then she isn't either. Did she work any miracles---no. To prove a miracle is an impossibility. Some one got their facts mixed up or went off the high board with no water in the pool. According to the book an Egyptian priest wroked a miracle---and he wasn't no Christian. So, being Chrsaitain or "righteous", has no bearing on working miracles even if they can/could be done.

Moses is supposed to have done a slough of miracles--and he was no Christian. As the Digitalbum said--in essence-- good works doesn't make a Christian. Good may be done from a Christian mental setting but it doesn't make a miracle worker. We all do good works, so no one is anyone special. Al Capone did good works too.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
my guess is she was a

my guess is she was a complex, multifaceted human being, like everyone else. both the vatican and hitchens oversimplify things: she wasn't a selfless humanitarian, nor was she insidious. nobody is either of those things in toto.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:my guess is she

iwbiek wrote:
my guess is she was a complex, multifaceted human being, like everyone else. both the vatican and hitchens oversimplify things: she wasn't a selfless humanitarian, nor was she insidious. nobody is either of those things in toto.

I agree, but I'll always wonder will the hundreds of millions of dollars disappeared to because they weren't using it on the sick and poor.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Saint,

Old Seer wrote:

Saint, no.

Saint is Chrsitian, or, natural person, which is opposite Civil person. Is/was she opposite any other on the planet---no. So, if no one else is a saint (including us Old Seers) then she isn't either. Did she work any miracles---no. To prove a miracle is an impossibility. Some one got their facts mixed up or went off the high board with no water in the pool. According to the book an Egyptian priest wroked a miracle---and he wasn't no Christian. So, being Chrsaitain or "righteous", has no bearing on working miracles even if they can/could be done.

Moses is supposed to have done a slough of miracles--and he was no Christian. As the Digitalbum said--in essence-- good works doesn't make a Christian. Good may be done from a Christian mental setting but it doesn't make a miracle worker. We all do good works, so no one is anyone special. Al Capone did good works too.

If you research some of the stuff she said it will show that the sick and the poor suffered and it made them closer to god. Why stop their suffering or sickness and pull them away from god?

I dislike how people make her in to this selfless deity who worked miracles. Yet her organization took in hundreds of millions if not over a billion in donations and barely any of it was used to help the poor or the sick.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:iwbiek

digitalbeachbum wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I agree, but I'll always wonder will the hundreds of millions of dollars disappeared to because they weren't using it on the sick and poor.

probably siphoned off by the goddamn vatican. we have absolutely no evidence that MT indulged in any ridiculous amount of luxury. i think she was genuinely an ascetic type--i think francis is too, which is why i've always said it's no big sacrifice for him to forego the vatican palace: he would probably be uncomfortable there. i think she intentionally kept conditions at her facilities poorer than they had to be because she was a fanatic who believed suffering purified people and brought them closer to god, and that she justified the bookkeeping irregularities by telling herself the poor in her hospitals didn't need all that money and that giving it to the holy see was the same as giving it to god.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.theglobeandmail.co

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/mother-teresa-was-anything-but-a-saint-canadian-study-says/article9317551/

She was a typical fanatic/hypocrite christian. The only thing special she did was torture people.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Correct

Vastet wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/mother-teresa-was-anything-but-a-saint-canadian-study-says/article9317551/ She was a typical fanatic/hypocrite christian. The only thing special she did was torture people.

on all counts except one. She was not a Christian, at least by the  Old Seer's standards. Hell, we don't even meet those standards. Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:my guess is she

iwbiek wrote:

No, Hitchens did not "oversimplify" shit. Saying "humans are neither all good or all bad" is an excuse. When you are in a position of power like she was, and create the horrible conditions she did, only to make a name for herself and the institution, you don't get to chalk it up to ignorance or intent. She knew what she was doing and knew better, but was more concerned about her immage and promoting the institution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nCaxHN-cY

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Having had a look

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

No, Hitchens did not "oversimplify" shit. Saying "humans are neither all good or all bad" is an excuse. When you are in a position of power like she was, and create the horrible conditions she did, only to make a name for herself and the institution, you don't get to chalk it up to ignorance or intent. She knew what she was doing and knew better, but was more concerned about her immage and promoting the institution.

At the video---(well here we go again) she's not a christian and neither is the Pope. Jc says--- help one another and take nothing in return. Well if she accepted a peace prize,and 100 or more other recognitions she's not a Christian. The vatican basement is overrunning with gold n goodies---not hardly a Christan enterprise at all. What we see here is pursuit of the superficial--which proper Christianity has no company with. Religions are just anothe business--love of material things rather then people. Wolves in sheeps fleece.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No, Hitchens

Brian37 wrote:
No, Hitchens did not "oversimplify" shit.

Hitchens oversimplified EVERYTHING. The guy was clinically stupid, and only made a name for himself by being controversial.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

jesus, you treat hitchens the same way the catholics treat MT: no criticism will be tolerated.

fuck getting my doctorate. i can see from hitch's example that the best way to be taken seriously as an intellectual is to just be what i already am: a belligerent trotskyist alcy. now all i need is to start shoving myself in front of TV cameras...

--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

probably siphoned off by the goddamn vatican. we have absolutely no evidence that MT indulged in any ridiculous amount of luxury. i think she was genuinely an ascetic type--i think francis is too, which is why i've always said it's no big sacrifice for him to forego the vatican palace: he would probably be uncomfortable there. i think she intentionally kept conditions at her facilities poorer than they had to be because she was a fanatic who believed suffering purified people and brought them closer to god, and that she justified the bookkeeping irregularities by telling herself the poor in her hospitals didn't need all that money and that giving it to the holy see was the same as giving it to god.

I totally agree; and she's was a cunt.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet

Vastet wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/mother-teresa-was-anything-but-a-saint-canadian-study-says/article9317551/ She was a typical fanatic/hypocrite christian. The only thing special she did was torture people.

You forgot that she was a cunt. and btw... good article

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The big problem with her

The big problem with her compassion is that she completely ignored the root cause of the extreme poverty in Calcutta(too many fucking people). So at best all she did was delay the misery. She was compassion whore and a useful idiot of religion and compassion pimps. So I would vote cunt.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen