Bye Bye Andrew Jackson, a real hero is going to replace you on our $20

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bye Bye Andrew Jackson, a real hero is going to replace you on our $20

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Whoop de do physical

Whoop de do physical currency becomes slightly more diverse in the last days of physical currency. 20 years from now noone will use hard cash anymore. I already get looks and comments from people when I pull out actual money these days.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wow, you are such an

Wow, you are such an asshole.

Oh and while that is feasable until hacking is impossible, I think it would be fucking stupid not to have physical currency as a backup. Oh and the same shit was said about fast food repacing sit down joints with wait staff. And even solar flairs and natural disasters can disrupt electronics, what are you going to use when you don't have those systems up? Anything mechanical has to have redundency and back ups built into it. What is the back up plan when the electronics fail?

How about this. How about you skip for a second your personal beef with me and say, "That's progress, but it may be too late to make it work."

Ok, fine, how about a memorial holiday or a statue on the Washington Mall? She still deserves it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian doesn't like reality

Brian doesn't like reality so I'm an asshole. lol.

"I think it would be fucking stupid not to have physical currency as a backup."

Waste of resources more like. You realise it costs to make money yes?

"Oh and the same shit was said about fast food repacing sit down joints with wait staff."

Maybe by some idiot like EXC. Not me. I have yet to be wrong when predicting the future.

"And even solar flairs and natural disasters can disrupt electronics, what are you going to use when you don't have those systems up?"

Use them, because they'll work just fine. Maybe a day or two, no big deal. If something happens to truly damage our level of technology, physical currency won't be worth shit. And since it's all in digital accounts, noone will be able to get any anyway.

You really are incapable of thinking.

"How about this. How about you skip for a second your personal beef with me and say, "That's progress, but it may be too late to make it work.""

Brian doesn't like me so my argument is invalid. But only in Brian's puny mind. In everyone elses mind, Brian is a self absorbed retard who doesn't know shit.

"Ok, fine, how about a memorial holiday or a statue on the Washington Mall? She still deserves it."

I had to look her up because American history is only important to Americans. As I'm not American I don't really have a say. But I'm certainly not against remembering the underground railroad and slavery.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Another leftist rewriting

Another leftist rewriting of history.

Andrew Jackson was not a racist. He adopted an Indian boy and raised him as his own.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Wow, you are

Brian37 wrote:

Wow, you are such an asshole.

Oh and while that is feasable until hacking is impossible, I think it would be fucking stupid not to have physical currency as a backup. 

Until mugging is impossible, it is fucking stupid to have significant cash. At least not without a friend named Kimber.

Not to mention that Vastet is exactly correct in pointing out that physical currency is hardly immune to electronic problems. The physical currency in existence is a small portion of currency, and is only worth a thing as long as people recognize it's value which is intrinsic to the electronic currency system. Without that, paper money is just bad toilet paper. Precious metals are somewhat of a hedge since throughout most of history, humans have considered them valuable in most situations. However, in a true catastrophe, even gold is worthless. True wealth lies in the ability to fulfill or cause to be fulfilled, the wants or needs of other people even when those wants or needs change. Any currency is simply a mutually agreed upon scoring system, and could just as easily be something completely different. It only retains value insofar as it can be traded to someone else for something useful.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X