Don't miss

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Don't miss

on PBS, the worlds greatest Sushi chef. I'm not the brightest streetlight in town, but, how much knowhow does it take to cut up a fish. I'll have to watch it (at least partly) to see where I'm wrong on this. I might learn something---maybe. if my sinus allergies will clear my head for a minute or two. Mybe I'll just take a nap.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sushi is a style of food,

Sushi is a style of food, not exclusive to requring fish alone. Most of the time it's two main ingredients are rice wrapped up in seaweed (nori), but can also simply be a lump of sticky rice topped with anything from tuna to crab to eel. The nori wrapped sushi can also be fish free and simply have vegies or tofu instead. In America the "sushi" that is vegie we often typically call "California roll", if I am not mistaken.

It is an everyday style of food in Japan much like burgers and pizza are in America. Sushi we consider exotic here, but in Japan it is their diner food like Denny's. I've been to Japan, and in many suhi places, what they do, is make it without an order at all, but make it behind an open counter that has a track on it, which the chef plates and puts on that track which pulls the plate accross the counter on display, and you simply pick up the plate you like as it goes in front of you. 

I love sushi, and especially with wasabi. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I knew I'd

be wrong somehow on this. I'm to much midwest US cultured. But hey, fillets of Walleye and Northern Pike are big deals around here.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth