Krauss says we need an atheist on the Supreme Court, article from The New Yorker.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Krauss says we need an atheist on the Supreme Court, article from The New Yorker.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
People have been saying that

People have been saying that for decades. There's hardly anything newsworthy here. You get Obama appointing an atheist and it'll be news. Until then all you're doing is promoting tabloid journalism equivalent to Faux News.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:People have

Vastet wrote:
People have been saying that for decades. There's hardly anything newsworthy here. You get Obama appointing an atheist and it'll be news. Until then all you're doing is promoting tabloid journalism equivalent to Faux News.

No shit sherock, peole still deny evolution.

Tabloid is hardly what this is. Just fucking admit you dont like me. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey retard, evolution isn't

Hey retard, evolution isn't the topic.

Tabloid is exactly what this is. Just admit you're a willfully ignorant asshole.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:People have

Vastet wrote:

Yes, denial of science in terms of evolution, climate change and education have been going on for years. I agree. So who the fuck are you the cheerleader for? The satus quo because I offend you, or that you make the stupid argument I am slow on the uptake? If I was 4 billion years late in my argument, that would make Allah or Vishnu or Jesus or Yawheh true today because of your personal beef with me?

What angers you isn't me pointing out new articals I simply pass on. I anger you. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^Brian makes a crapload of

^Brian makes a crapload of strawmen, and refuses to admit he's a willfully ignorant asshole.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
As things sit

An Atheist Supreme Court guy may turn out to be a disaster. One guy can't represent truth and the rest fantasy. The two won't go together. If the Athiest guy works from fact, (empirical evidence) everyone will sit stareing at the wall. Civilizations don't exist on fact (empirical evidence) but rather anything it wants something to be. What we have here is #1 example that the court isn't about the constitution, it's just another political organization for and against something

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I have the utterly insane

I have the utterly insane idea that justices should be appointed for their ability to fairly apply the law, even when it opposes their personal views, rather than their religious or political opinions.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well, yes but

Beyond Saving wrote:

I have the utterly insane idea that justices should be appointed for their ability to fairly apply the law, even when it opposes their personal views, rather than their religious or political opinions.

The supreme court these days is another political tool for party politics. If a person is appointed for his/her political views (persuasions)then that same is compromised.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, scalia was pretty much

yeah, scalia was pretty much the worst example of someone trying to uphold the constitution. but i'm with beyond: i want someone who will take only the constitution into account, not his theism or secularism.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson