IQ Question

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
IQ Question

What would be the IQ of the person that makes up the IQ test? Wouldn't that person have to have the highest IQ possible, whatever that is? It seems to me the concept of IQ is nonsense. What thinketh ye.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
All tests are irrelevant

All tests are irrelevant except to the test giver. All tests are made to examine where a person is in relation to the average of those tested previously.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Well said.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

All tests are irrelevant except to the test giver. All tests are made to examine where a person is in relation to the average of those tested previously.

Well said.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Well said.

I took an IQ test and scored high on it, won't give my score, but I didn't like the test.

I have several learning disabilities and how I receive my information makes the results different. For example, one part of the test was auditory and I was asked to do simple math in my head with out writing it down. The test giver told me "Add 1+1, then divide by 2, then subtract 5, then add 8..." etc etc)

I have an auditory processing sensory disorder which gives me problems being able to process instructions in such a manner. However if you give me a piece of paper with the same question I can process it instantly by looking at the page. I don't even need to calculate the numbers. I just look at the page and I know the answer because my brain sees the equations and then computes the answer.

I an ability to visually see things and remember them with detail. I can still recall the test I got for remembering a Roman Centurion and all the garb he wore, the little tid bits written on the sides such as he was paid with salt, what the armor was made of, the sword, etc. Even after 25 years I can still remember it.

This might be part of the reason why I can recall things from the age of two when I still lived in NY. My entire family can't remember the entire stories but I still remember them in detail, I believe, because they are emotionally stimulating moments.

IQ tests are what they are and I love having people tell me they have a 160 or 180 IQ and then I throw them a screwball causing them to get flustered. All too often so called geniuses can't work outside the box they have been put in.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The whole IQ test thing is

The whole IQ test thing is absurd. The mathematics part is really the only part that is capable of measuring anything, and even that simply measures aptitude for mathematics. Hardly an indication of intelligence in general. We can't even define intelligence, so the suggestion a test could accurately measure it is ridiculous.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.