Climate change denier groups in Canada in for a rough time

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Climate change denier groups in Canada in for a rough time

Leading Canadians Call for Investigation of Climate Change Denier Groups

False representations mislead Canadians and violate the Competition Act

TORONTO –(ENEWSPF)–December 3, 2015.   Six leading Canadians are calling on the Commissioner of Competition to investigate false and misleading representations made by climate change denier groups, such as Friends of Science.

Ecojustice lawyer Charles Hatt filed the complaint today on behalf of Stephen Lewis, Tzeporah Berman, Dr. David Schindler, Dr. Thomas Duck, Dr. Danny Harvey, and Devon Page.

“Canada needs to have an honest conversation about climate change and how we are going to accelerate our transition to clean, low-carbon energy sources,” Hatt said.  “Our ability to do that is undermined when denier groups pollute the public square with falsehoods and junk science.”

Canada’s Competition Act prohibits the making of materially false or misleading representations for the purpose of promoting any business interest, such as fossil fuel development.

http://enewspf.com/2015/12/03/leading-canadians-call-for-investigation-of-climate-change-denier-groups/

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 So does this also mean

So does this also mean global warming 'prophets' like Al Gore can be sued by oil companies for false claims about their products?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/19069-al-gore-s-climate-calculations-prove-wrong-again

http://www.weathertrends360.com/Blog/Post/10-Predictions-vs-Reality-and-the-Winter-2014-2015-Hype-2008

Or has Canada adopted Climate Change as the state religion and all blashpemy is outlawed?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not even wasting my time

I'm not even wasting my time clicking those links. What Al Gore did or didn't do is irrelevant to the proven fact of climate change. The only one being religious-like is yourself, stubbornly clinging to dogmatic bullshit spread around by old, rich bastards who don't give a shit about what happens after they die.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Governments deciding what

Governments deciding what the Truth is and prosecuting liars is how we ended up with Christianity in the first place. I'd rather have a bunch of liars. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'm not even

Vastet wrote:
I'm not even wasting my time clicking those links. What Al Gore did or didn't do is irrelevant to the proven fact of climate change. The only one being religious-like is yourself, stubbornly clinging to dogmatic bullshit spread around by old, rich bastards who don't give a shit about what happens after they die.
p

Which only proves my point that the Climate Change crisis is more about attacking capitalism and wealth disparity by going after big oil than it is about science.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'm not even

Vastet wrote:

Now watch as Vastet acts like the GOP when Obama takes their idea then runs away from it.(Meaing you will blindly disagree with me just because, even when I agree with you)

I agree climate change is FACT and humans are causing it, especially the fossil fuel industry. Now some rich people DO see it as a problem, like Bill Gates. But yea, I agree rich old people, at least far too many don't give a shit what happens after they die. But I cant even say that doesn't make all rich people bad, some here are going to stupidly claim I hate all wealth which I don't. I only hate our current climate in how far too much wealth is ignoring the problem.

But, just like other topics, your schoolard bullshit of automatically disagreeing with me even when I agree with you, is going to be your bullshit response.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Governments deciding what the Truth is and prosecuting liars is how we ended up with Christianity in the first place. I'd rather have a bunch of liars. 

Nope, see your blind protection and worship of the private sector is no different than blindly protecting religion. There is no aspect of society, public or private, religious or not, that does not require income to maintain or spread, a collection plate is still a form of income. And there is not one nation on the face of the planet that does not to some degree effectively or inaffectively invest in the global market.

The west is simply more anti monopoly than some dictatorships, fascist states or one party states. That however has not stopped what Vastet is rightfully pointing out, the damage to our planet in the chase for a  buck.

So maybe YOU need to stop lying to yourself. A monopoly is a monnopoly no matter who is setting it up, be it a religion, a political party or a class. Abuse of power is the same.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: Vastet wrote:I'm

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:
p

Which only proves my point that the Climate Change crisis is more about attacking capitalism and wealth disparity by going after big oil than it is about science.

No, that's like saying the car industry failed because they finally added seat belts and airbags. Bull fucking shit! Nobody is going to rid 7 billion humans of the private sector. Only an idiot uses that childish fear. Your fucking claiming it is an attack on capitalism when it is merely an attack on the ABUSE of capitalism is a fucking joke. 

Global business isn't going away, but simply challinging it to do better for humanity IS NOT a call to end private business. Now unless you want to become the 4th stooge here, you don't have to take a poor man's word for it. Bill Gates isn't poor and even he is saying the global market is fucking up on climate change and are not suited to run things by themselves without government intervetnion. NOW that is a billionaire saying that.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Nope, see your blind protection and worship of the private sector is no different than blindly protecting religion.

Guilty. I blanket protect all free speech, even speech I despise, and I blanket protect people's right to believe anything they want, even when it is a belief I despise. I even blanket protect your right to be a fucking dumb ass and spout your bull. 

Quote:

So maybe YOU need to stop lying to yourself. A monopoly is a monnopoly no matter who is setting it up, be it a religion, a political party or a class. Abuse of power is the same.

Isn't banning all speech that disagrees with you the VERY FUCKING DEFINITION OF MONOPOLY? A government that prosecutes statements on the basis that they are false is declaring that it has a monopoly on determining what is Truth. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dr. Brian37 wrote:I agree

Dr. Brian37 wrote:

I agree climate change is FACT and humans are causing it, especially the fossil fuel industry. 

[/quote]

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Vastet wrote:I'm

EXC wrote:

Vastet wrote:
p

Only in your twisted little mind.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Now watch as Vastet acts like the GOP when Obama takes their idea then runs away from it.(Meaing you will blindly disagree with me just because, even when I agree with you)

I agree climate change is FACT and humans are causing it, especially the fossil fuel industry. Now some rich people DO see it as a problem, like Bill Gates. But yea, I agree rich old people, at least far too many don't give a shit what happens after they die. But I cant even say that doesn't make all rich people bad, some here are going to stupidly claim I hate all wealth which I don't. I only hate our current climate in how far too much wealth is ignoring the problem.

But, just like other topics, your schoolard bullshit of automatically disagreeing with me even when I agree with you, is going to be your bullshit response.

Brian is too stupid to realise he's ALWAYS wrong about something. It might or might not generally take effort to figure out what it is, but there's always something.
In this case it takes no effort at all.