Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee, going after Mohammed the real Ali

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee, going after Mohammed the real Ali

What pisses me off about the well intended left is how they can call Ayaan Hirsi Ali a bigot. Just had a women atheist x Muslim call her that yesterday on twitter. If people would actually listen to her instead of sticking their fingers in their ears like childish brats, they'd know she is not a female Trump in the slightest.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/20/ayaan-hirsi-ali-islam-interview-ctn.cnn

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What pisses me

Brian37 wrote:
What pisses me off about the well intended left is how they can call Ayaan Hirsi Ali a bigot. Just had a women atheist x Muslim call her that yesterday on twitter. If people would actually listen to her instead of sticking their fingers in their ears like childish brats, they'd know she is not a female Trump in the slightest. http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/20/ayaan-hirsi-ali-islam-interview-ctn.cnn

Perhaps you should consider taking your own advice. You have accused many on here of bigotry while completely ignoring what they are saying.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
What pisses me off about the well intended left is how they can call Ayaan Hirsi Ali a bigot. Just had a women atheist x Muslim call her that yesterday on twitter. If people would actually listen to her instead of sticking their fingers in their ears like childish brats, they'd know she is not a female Trump in the slightest. http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/20/ayaan-hirsi-ali-islam-interview-ctn.cnn

Perhaps you should consider taking your own advice. You have accused many on here of bigotry while completely ignoring what they are saying.

Grow up. Utter fucking bullshit to try to equate me to fundy nuts or being a bigot. Her point, and Harris's point and the late Hitchen's point, is not nor never was forced irradication of ANY religion. Humans have rights, but claims as ideas do not deserve to be blindly valued. 

What she wants, and what the world should want, what is what you and I already do without threats of murder or oppression. LEAVE IT AT WORDS along with the ability of speaking our minds without fear. THATS IT so stop being such a fucking petty moron.

I have accused YOU of bigotry, yes. I think yours is subconcious more than anything. I think it is more classest than anything. But I don't think you are out to opress anyone. It is simply my position that depending on topic, you are full of shit. You are full of shit that because of my word choice, I am like them. You are full of shit on economics. I used cuss words and you are not dead, you are still posting right?

Even given our differences, ALL of us live in societies where we get to go to bed at night without fear of death because of our positions. THAT is where Ayaan wants Islam. Political correctness shuts down that converstation. 

 

And again, if you hated me so much and thought that I was such a threat to humanity, why the fuck would you offer me tickets to a football game?

 

Your LOGIC sucks and you think my logic sucks. So what we really hate isn't the other's existence, what we hate about each other is our claims. Guess what, if the worst you have to  worry about from me is a "fuck you" and the worst I have to worry from you is a "fuck you", that is far better than what Ayaan is trying to help Islam escape from. 

 

Civility isn't about beeing free from cuss words or blasphemy. Civility is what you do when someone offends you. THAT is what she wants and the world will be more peacefull when Islam gets to the point you and I are already at here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
bigotry doesn't have to mean

bigotry doesn't have to mean you want to eradicate something. it just means you hate something indiscriminately, without understanding it. i have no idea if ayaan hirsi ali is a bigot. i don't care. pundits as a rule don't interest me. but i know YOU are a bigot. end of story.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Grow up. Utter

Brian37 wrote:

Grow up. Utter fucking bullshit to try to equate me to fundy nuts or being a bigot. Her point, and Harris's point and the late Hitchen's point, is not nor never was forced irradication of ANY religion. Humans have rights, but claims as ideas do not deserve to be blindly valued. 

You are exactly like a fundy nut, Vastet has been following you for months highlighting every example with a 99.999% accuracy rate. I haven't offerred an opinion about Ayaan, because I don't know. I've never payed much attention to her. Unlike you, I don't slap labels on people without knowledge.

Quote:

What she wants, and what the world should want, what is what you and I already do without threats of murder or oppression. LEAVE IT AT WORDS along with the ability of speaking our minds without fear. THATS IT so stop being such a fucking petty moron.

Every political position you hold relies on the threat of violence.

 

Quote:

I have accused YOU of bigotry, yes. I think yours is subconcious more than anything. I think it is more classest than anything. But I don't think you are out to opress anyone. It is simply my position that depending on topic, you are full of shit. You are full of shit that because of my word choice, I am like them. You are full of shit on economics. I used cuss words and you are not dead, you are still posting right?

Yes, you have, and not because I've even said anything to make you think so. You call me a bigot because you disagree with me and can't address the substance of my arguments. Which is why I suggested you take your own advice since according to you this person is doing tge same thing to Ayaan.

 

Quote:

And again, if you hated me so much and thought that I was such a threat to humanity, why the fuck would you offer me tickets to a football game?

 

Because I am not a bigot and you aren't a threat to anyone except yourself. 

 

Quote:

Your LOGIC sucks and you think my logic sucks. So what we really hate isn't the other's existence, what we hate about each other is our claims. Guess what, if the worst you have to  worry about from me is a "fuck you" and the worst I have to worry from you is a "fuck you", that is far better than what Ayaan is trying to help Islam escape from. 

If I had the respect that your words were well thought out and intelligent, the charge of bigotry would hurt far more than a fuck you. As it is, I recognize your angry, intellectually vacant rants for what they are so they have no effect on me aside from occasional amusement.

 

Quote:

Civility isn't about beeing free from cuss words or blasphemy. Civility is what you do when someone offends you. THAT is what she wants and the world will be more peacefull when Islam gets to the point you and I are already at here.

Civility is about listening to what someone says and responding to what they say with thought out and intelligent points. It has nothing to do with stylistic choices. The reason you have never had a civil discussion isn't because you cuss, it is because you ignore what others say, misrepresent their positions and don't even try to understand their point. As you will ignore everything I wrote and cut n paste response #23b.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
In this thread, Brian denies

In this thread, Brian denies the truth.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:bigotry doesn't

iwbiek wrote:
bigotry doesn't have to mean you want to eradicate something. it just means you hate something indiscriminately, without understanding it. i have no idea if ayaan hirsi ali is a bigot. i don't care. pundits as a rule don't interest me. but i know YOU are a bigot. end of story.

That is the party YOU don't understand putting thoughts in my head. I DO UNDERSTAND and I am NOT being indiscriminant.

I underdand that humans make bullshit up, and to the point that bullshit gets political. And repeatedly I have told you that I do not live under any illusions that the world will be a godless utopia. Again, our species is quite capable of grouping around very false things. 

"It's complecated" NO SHIT

"It makes me feel good" NO SHIT

"Tradition" NO SHIT

All arguments all religions make. None of that changes that we are the same species and our current clubs were not arround 200,000 years ago. And none of our current clubs will be arround 5 billion years from now. 

I DO hate the idea that one word, the word "religion" is so deeply held it always has to be drug kicking and screaming into civility. I hate that even when you do that, there is the underlying undertow of fear of change, that the adherants of orthodoxy of ANY religion, combat change. 

Now what you are stupidly and childishly doing is taking the word "hate" out of context. I love my species evolutionary empathy. I know my species has that in them. And I also know if I followed the three stooges here, arround in your daily lives I know I would see compassion and good done in all three of you. BUT you idiots are stupid to see that.

 

You guys constantly have questioned me and even cussed me out on par with the words I hurl at you. If I thought you "hated" me to the same point say Isis decapitates someone, I would say something to authoritis somewhere. And you would do the same if you thought I was. 

I am not being indiscriminate. I am being rightfully hateful towards religious justifications of violence. I am being rightfully hateful of bigotry in the name of religion. I am being rightfully hateful of attacks on science and or any religion trying to pretend to be patent holder of science. 

YOU show me in any of those words where I tell anyone to use oppressive laws or violence? I didn't and I wont. 

 

"Hate " in my context is simply "NO ASSHOLE, THE YANKESS DID NOT WIN THE SUPERBOWL" 

If I was a bigot, I would not quote Ann Frank, or Malala. But just because I value their empathy, does not make their god/s real, or religion good. It just means I see good in them, for evolutionary reasons. 

 

"Bigot" is an apt term for those who are. But my well intended friends on the left use it as a blanket term to shut down criticism and blasphemy.

 

So when you say "I don't understand" you are not wrong, but you are wrong as to why. I do not understand why with all our modern knowlege of science and biology and even human psychology, humans chose to live in the past, and the liberals who accept the modern world, whom try to square it with antiquity, are only doing such out of a well intended sense of fairness. I only agree with it as far as human rights, I do not agree with trying to square old claims with science. 

 

Nobody here is in danger from me. I have never felt I was in danger of any of you. So what is at issue what is the best tactic to move forward to gain less violent world. 

 

"You don't understand" Yes I do, I undersand that humans get sucked into a club, and because of those "complexities" they have a hard time looking past that club, and for the liberals who can, which is well intended, give cover to those who don't want to see past that club. I do undertand that none of our human divisions has to lead to violence merely because someone got offended. 

Quote:

 

 

]bigotry doesn't have to mean you want to eradicate something. it just means you hate something indiscriminately, without understanding it.

I do understand people like it? So?
I do understand law has to protect free speech.
I do understand that their are a variety of old claims humans are fond of.

But exactly what is to understand?

Buddhism is not a lab, it is a religion. Islam is not a lab, it is a religion. Christianity is not a lab, it is a religion. Hinduism is not a lab. It is a religion. And even with atheists, that also is not a lab, it is "off" on one claim.

"Hate" in the ignorant context, you are right, doesn't need to be about eradication. You are using that argument to stifle criticism. So please don't keep making that argument.

I do have good reason to call ALL religion poison, and NONE OF THAT has to do with hate of my species compassion.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 If you want to go after

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:That is the

Brian37 wrote:
That is the party YOU don't understand putting thoughts in my head. I DO UNDERSTAND and I am NOT being indiscriminant.

Lies.

Brian37 wrote:
Ihumans make bullshit up

As Brian proves on a daily basis.

Brian37 wrote:
"It's complecated" NO SHIT

"It makes me feel good" NO SHIT

"Tradition" NO SHIT

All arguments all religions make.

But not arguments anyone here makes, so bringing them up in every other post is the definition of strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
None of that changes that we are the same species and our current clubs were not arround 200,000 years ago. And none of our current clubs will be arround 5 billion years from now. 

Assertions without evidence. In fact it is very likely that some of the beliefs incorporated into religions of 200,000 years ago (assuming there were any) survived to become incorporated into the religions alive today. Attitudes against women being a prime example.
And it is quite possible that some of these may survive in some form, whether or not we survive in some form, 5 billion years from now.

Brian37 wrote:
I DO hate the idea that one word, the word "religion" is so deeply held it always has to be drug kicking and screaming into civility. I hate that even when you do that, there is the underlying undertow of fear of change, that the adherants of orthodoxy of ANY religion, combat change. 

Brian making shit up. None of us has done what he claims we do.

Brian37 wrote:
Now what you are stupidly and childishly doing is taking the word "hate" out of context. I love my species evolutionary empathy. I know my species has that in them. And I also know if I followed the three stooges here, arround in your daily lives I know I would see compassion and good done in all three of you. BUT you idiots are stupid to see that.

Brian making more shit up. Noone used the term hate. iwbiek said Brian is a bigot, probably because it's true.

Brian37 wrote:
You guys constantly have questioned me and even cussed me out on par with the words I hurl at you.

Brian can't comprehend the difference between an argument and an insult.

Brian37 wrote:
If I thought you "hated" me to the same point say Isis decapitates someone, I would say something to authoritis somewhere. And you would do the same if you thought I was. 

No, because Brian is too weak to be any real threat to anyone. Otherwise we do actually have sufficient grounds to report him to authorities. But he's really the same as a chihuahua. Extremely loud and obnoxious, but only a threat to ones shoes.

Brian37 wrote:
If I was a bigot, I would not quote Ann Frank, or Malala.

Brian thinks that if one isn't a bigot in every possible sense, one cannot be a bigot at all. News to me. So then, provided I like black people, I can call for the jews and muslims to be rounded up and put in camps without being a bigot. Hell, I can throw in the Germans and the French while I'm at it. Amazing!

I think I'll stop reading here before I start risking the loss of brain cells.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Buddhism is

Brian37 wrote:

Buddhism is not a lab, it is a religion. Islam is not a lab, it is a religion. Christianity is not a lab, it is a religion. Hinduism is not a lab. It is a religion. And even with atheists, that also is not a lab, it is "off" on one claim.




you're absolutely right, because all of those concepts, even atheism, address problems that "labs" cannot address, and those problems have nothing to do with cosmogany or abiogenesis. if you really think that the chief concern of a religion is to prove that life could not exist without it (and according to all your comments, i have to conclude that's what you do think), you have no idea what a religion is. just like most fundy nuts have no idea what a religion really is. yet another parallel between you and fundies to add to the scores of others that vastet has already pointed out.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 If I was the bigot you

 If I was the bigot you morons falsely accuese me of, I would be protesting along side these assholes. Now go back and watch her video where SHE says, and I agree, that mass deportation and denial of those fleeing war refuge is inhuman. Again there is a HUGE difference between rights and claims. Blasting religion as an IDEA as a concept, is not the same as being a bigot.

 

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/armed-protesters-stalk-peaceful-muslims-at-texas-mosque-we-want-to-show-force/

The fucking assholes in the article above are not doing anything differently than what Hitler sold Germans in scapegoating Jews. Accepting my species common existence still does not give ANY religion the right to be blasphemy free.

You want to accuse the right people of being bigots, start with the fuckers in this article. You childish brats need to grow up. There is only one species, one race, the human race.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
you wouldn't protest shit

you wouldn't protest shit for any cause. you don't have the balls or the initiative. all you would do is piss and moan about how the unjust capitalist system keeps you from scraping enough gas money together to get to the protest.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian denies being a bigot

Brian denies being a bigot while proving he's a bigot. Delicious!

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian denies

Vastet wrote:
Brian denies being a bigot while proving he's a bigot. Delicious!

I am a bigot while supporting Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Malala and this group? 

 

http://www.albawaba.com/loop/exmuslimbecause-sparks-serious-debate-cheap-insults-and-everything-between-771652

So that would make them Uncle Tom's if any of them were to agree with me and not you?

Ok Ben Afleck.      So this lady is an Uncle Tom for agreeing with Bill Maher?

 

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014/10/25/comment/an-open-letter-to-ben-affleck/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Now again if you did

 Now again if you did happen to watch Ayaan's CNN video, you completely ignored it. She was adressing one issue, the political state of Islam, the causes of division, and the separate issue of helping out fellow human beings, the refugees. And here is another atheist right here that would agree with her, and I agree with this writer as well.

Again, there is a huge difference between human rights, and the credibility of a claim, and when I blast even you guys I am not treating you any differently than I would ANY HUMAN. Civility isn't about being free from getting offened, civility is what you do when someone offends you.

 

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/staks-rosch/syrian-refugees-are-welco_b_8629314.html

 

Like America did to these Jews during WW2.

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_St._Louis

Oscar Shindler was a compassionate man, not because of his beliefs, but because humans have it within them to be compassionate.

So was this man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiune_Sugihara

That does not mean, in secular society, just because other have the right to make claims and have freedom of religion, that those claims deserve to be blasphemy free. Being part of a website that has done that for years, and I see you guys do it to believers here too.

Now, cut the crap about the word "bigot.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Again, there

Brian37 wrote:

Again, there is a huge difference between human rights, and the credibility of a claim, and when I blast even you guys I am not treating you any differently than I would ANY HUMAN. 

I am confident that I can speak for everyone here when I say we know you are just as ignorant, dismissive, arrogant, rude and willfully ignore everyone else you encounter. 

 

Quote:

Now, cut the crap about the word "bigot.

Ironic considering you have thrown around the word bigot far more than anyone else here. You have accused me of being a bigot towards gays, blacks, old people, poor people and probably more I don't remember. You have never apologized for it once, you have never provided evidence to support your accusations and you don't know shit about what you are talking about. Meanwhile, you are clearly bigoted towards religion- you have openly stated that you don't need to learn about it to know it is wrong. That, by definition is bigoted.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian denies being a bigot while proving he's a bigot. Delicious!

I am a bigot while supporting Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Malala and this group? 

 

http://www.albawaba.com/loop/exmuslimbecause-sparks-serious-debate-cheap-insults-and-everything-between-771652

So that would make them Uncle Tom's if any of them were to agree with me and not you?

Ok Ben Afleck.      So this lady is an Uncle Tom for agreeing with Bill Maher?

 

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014/10/25/comment/an-open-letter-to-ben-affleck/

Brian continues to think that if one isn't a bigot in every possible sense, one cannot be a bigot at all. So then, provided I like black people, I can call for the jews and muslims to be rounded up and put in camps without being a bigot. Hell, I can throw in the Germans and the French while I'm at it. Amazing!

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian denies being a bigot while proving he's a bigot. Delicious!

I am a bigot while supporting Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Malala and this group? 

 

http://www.albawaba.com/loop/exmuslimbecause-sparks-serious-debate-cheap-insults-and-everything-between-771652

So that would make them Uncle Tom's if any of them were to agree with me and not you?

Ok Ben Afleck.      So this lady is an Uncle Tom for agreeing with Bill Maher?

 

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2014/10/25/comment/an-open-letter-to-ben-affleck/

Brian continues to think that if one isn't a bigot in every possible sense, one cannot be a bigot at all. So then, provided I like black people, I can call for the jews and muslims to be rounded up and put in camps without being a bigot. Hell, I can throw in the Germans and the French while I'm at it. Amazing!




exactly! brian's words immediately reminded me of "i'm not racist! i have lots of black friends!"

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 This is what a bigot looks

 This is what a bigot looks like..... This is the type of asshole who would have put my Japanese X wife's family in camps during WW2. This asshole has Trump's dick in his mouth. 

 

 

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/11/23/1453468/-Texas-governor-tells-nonprofits-to-stop-helping-Syrian-refugees??detail=email

YOU FUCKERS need to go back, watch Ayaan's video again until you get it. SHE was in the religion, SHE was talking about how the book is used to get political, and causes violence in the Middle east. SHE was also saying REGARDLESS of her criticism, a human being is still a human being. The Syrians fleeing war are no fucking different than Jews in Europe, or Japanese Americans in WW2. Criticism of religion and blasphemy of religion DOES NOT make us a separate species. You assholes need to grow the fuck up. ONE is the concept of grouping and calling something a religion, and the bad ideas in ANY that cause divisions, and THE ACT of being a decent human being. WHEN anyone is fleeing war and is not the aggressor you fucking help them! You don't have to like everything that comes out of their mouths, at that point they are simply trying to survive, and if non violent, YOU FUCKING HELP THEM!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: This is what

Brian37 wrote:

 This is what a bigot looks like..... This is the type of asshole who would have put my Japanese X wife's family in camps during WW2. This asshole has Trump's dick in his mouth. 

 

 

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2015/11/23/1453468/-Texas-governor-tells-nonprofits-to-stop-helping-Syrian-refugees??detail=email

YOU FUCKERS need to go back, watch Ayaan's video again until you get it. SHE was in the religion, SHE was talking about how the book is used to get political, and causes violence in the Middle east. SHE was also saying REGARDLESS of her criticism, a human being is still a human being. The Syrians fleeing war are no fucking different than Jews in Europe, or Japanese Americans in WW2. Criticism of religion and blasphemy of religion DOES NOT make us a separate species. You assholes need to grow the fuck up. ONE is the concept of grouping and calling something a religion, and the bad ideas in ANY that cause divisions, and THE ACT of being a decent human being. WHEN anyone is fleeing war and is not the aggressor you fucking help them! You don't have to like everything that comes out of their mouths, at that point they are simply trying to survive, and if non violent, YOU FUCKING HELP THEM!

Brian continues to think that if one isn't a bigot in every possible sense, one cannot be a bigot at all. So then, provided I like black people, I can call for the jews and muslims to be rounded up and put in camps without being a bigot. Hell, I can throw in the Germans and the French while I'm at it. Amazing!

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: You don't

Brian37 wrote:

 You don't have to like everything that comes out of their mouths, at that point they are simply trying to survive, and if non violent, YOU FUCKING HELP THEM!

Exactly what are you doing to help them? Or is this just where you bitch and moan that other people should do it but you are exempt?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Besides, what is wrong

 Besides, what is wrong with having Trump's dick in your mouth? Homophobic bigot.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
lmao

lmao

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 You don't have to like everything that comes out of their mouths, at that point they are simply trying to survive, and if non violent, YOU FUCKING HELP THEM!

Exactly what are you doing to help them? Or is this just where you bitch and moan that other people should do it but you are exempt?




of course he's exempt. he had a japanese wife. he can't possibly be a bigot about anything.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson