EU requires labelling of products produced in illegal Israel settlements

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EU requires labelling of products produced in illegal Israel settlements

JERUSALEM — In a stinging rebuke to Israel, the European Union insisted Wednesday that some goods produced on land seized in the 1967 war must be labeled “made in settlements,” a mandate that added to Israel’s deep unease over a growing international boycott.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/eu-and-israel-ties-grow-strained-with-decision-to-require-labels-for-je...

Fuckin A! Great move.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JERUSALEM

Vastet wrote:
JERUSALEM — In a stinging rebuke to Israel, the European Union insisted Wednesday that some goods produced on land seized in the 1967 war must be labeled “made in settlements,” a mandate that added to Israel’s deep unease over a growing international boycott. http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/israel-middle-east/eu-and-israel-ties-grow-strained-with-decision-to-require-labels-for-je... Fuckin A! Great move.

Oh my god the end is near, we actually agree. COOTIES COOTIES.

Nobody should suggest an entire population be wiped off the map. But no, Israel does not do everything right any more than America was right in slavery or what they did to Native Americans. 

Having said that, this is where you are going to jump all over me needlessly. That does not give Palestine a pass either. Both sides use boarders and race and nationalism as excuses to hide behind the elephant in the room. RELIGION is the cause. And again, your childish neejerk reaction to use of the word "poison" becuase you are not used to viewing it that way. Neither side is going away, nobody needs to suggest erradication of the other. But the horrible idea of "God's chosen people" is the same as "Allah's chosen people" IS why this is happening. Race and nationalism and ethinic and culture are all the excuses humans hide behind to avoid the fact that is the cause. If they would focus on that horrible idea as the cause, they could find more peace. 

Just like the meme of scapegoating EVE in the bible is the root of sexism. Just like Jews use their holy writings to justify refusal to sit next to women on a passenger Jet. Just like 19 hijackers needlessly thought their own suicides while murdering their fellow humans would get them into a fictional afterlife.

I really don't know how many times I can repeat myself. You cannot rid the world of false perceptions, which is what god belief is, and religions are. They are gap answers humans invent. But unless you accept them for what they are you cannot minimize the potential harm humans cause each other. 

Yes I am happy more people are not blindly always siding with Israel, but that does not mean their entire population deserves to be distroyed. It merely means for me, including Palestine, I wish my fellow humans would simply stop ignoring the cause of it. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian fails to realise that

Brian fails to realise that a number of his positions are reasonable, it's his arguments and rationale that leave much to be desired.

It must be said that the idea sexism is rooted in the bible is patently ridiculous. In order to believe that was the case, you must first believe the Earth is only a few thousand years old and that the bible is historically accurate. As opposed to the reality that it was written by people who were sexist long before the christian religion existed, and that those people merely incorporated the beliefs of their pre-existing culture into the religion they were creating.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Why stop at 1967? Why not

Why stop at 1967? Why not lablel all the products made on lands Europeans appropriated from Native Americans?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen