Home DSL back online, you'll be seeing more of me again.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Home DSL back online, you'll be seeing more of me again.

After a bought of anxiety with my house not wanting people over, I finally bit the bullit. and called the cable guy. My land phone and land DSL is back up and much easier to use than my cell, so you will be seing me much more again. I know you guys are absolutely thrilled.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How is it fair that some

How is it fair that some can afford the luxury of DSL, while others are struggling just to make ends meet?

Capitalism is evil.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
zarathustra wrote: How is

zarathustra wrote:

How is it fair that some can afford the luxury of DSL, while others are struggling just to make ends meet?

Capitalism is evil.

I never said capitalism was evil, lack of regulation, and no checks and balances are evil, our exploding pay gap is evil. FYI "Capitalism" is not a form of government. The Saudi Royal family owns oil companies and invests in banks and weapons. Gadaffi was a billionaire who owned stock in GE. China allows western business and make money off of cheap labor.

And since when should poverty mean lack of access to information?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
he in no way said capitalism

he in no way said capitalism is a form of government. nobody on this site has ever said that, so i don't know why you keep pointing it out.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
iwbiek wrote:he in no way

iwbiek wrote:
he in no way said capitalism is a form of government. nobody on this site has ever said that, so i don't know why you keep pointing it out.

Then why did he say "Capitalism is evil" implying that was my attitude. Many people do think it is a form of government stupidly. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
So gay.

So gay.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
how exactly does

how exactly does "evil"="form of government"? and you do know he was being sarcastic, don't you?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
iwbiek wrote:how exactly

iwbiek wrote:
how exactly does "evil"="form of government"? and you do know he was being sarcastic, don't you?

Of course he was being sarcastic, my my question was who was that sarcasim aimed at. If he was agreeing with me, that is one thing. If he is on the Che side like idiots like you, or the Beyond side "fuck you I got mine" also, I dont get it.

That is why I pointed out that capatalism is not a form of government.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
The intended (and, I

The intended (and, I thought, straightforward) point was this:  You find it unbecoming the wealth of the CEOs and their commensurate luxuries, in contrast to that of their employees; but apparently have no pangs of conscience over you ability to afford the albeit modest luxury of DSL, while there are people struggling to "keep a roof over their heads" and "pay their bills".  

My assessment may have been rash, but this seems hypocritical. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
zarathustra wrote:The

zarathustra wrote:

The intended (and, I thought, straightforward) point was this:  You find it unbecoming the wealth of the CEOs and their commensurate luxuries, in contrast to that of their employees; but apparently have no pangs of conscience over you ability to afford the albeit modest luxury of DSL, while there are people struggling to "keep a roof over their heads" and "pay their bills".  

My assessment may have been rash, but this seems hypocritical. 

It would be if I was condemning all wealth, which I am not. I am condeming attitudes, not wealth itself. Yes as a poor person I do have it good. But isn't that what we should want for the world? Have poor people stable? Saying that the pay gap is too big is not saying we need to get rid of all billionaires. Just the attitude that wealth is the only thing that matters in life. And the attitude that workers should blindly follow wealth as if they are the only class that exists.

Bottem line, the word "Poor" should not exist with all the wealth there is in the world. There should only be higher paid within reason, and a stable bottom above the poverty line. Having no poverty benifits society, even the rich. 

"Other people have it worse" is not an argument. That is an excuse people make to keep workers desperate in a race to slave wages. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Oh and when I say "I as a

Oh and when I say "I as a poor person", I only mean me, not other poor people. I am single and have support from family. Other poor people are not so lucky. But if they had livable wages they wouldn't be so dependant on government. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Of course he was being sarcastic, my my question was who was that sarcasim aimed at. If he was agreeing with me, that is one thing. If he is on the Che side like idiots like you, or the Beyond side "fuck you I got mine" also, I dont get it.

That is why I pointed out that capatalism is not a form of government.

it was obvious whom his sarcasm was pointed at. and your comment is still nothing more than meaningless nonsequitur #7042561 from Brian37. because zarathustra didn't say capitalism is a form of government, nor did i, nor did beyond, nor did che, about whom you know nothing other than his face is on t-shirts.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:It would be if

Brian37 wrote:

It would be if I was condemning all wealth, which I am not. I am condeming attitudes, not wealth itself. Yes as a poor person I do have it good. But isn't that what we should want for the world? Have poor people stable? Saying that the pay gap is too big is not saying we need to get rid of all billionaires. Just the attitude that wealth is the only thing that matters in life. And the attitude that workers should blindly follow wealth as if they are the only class that exists.

Brian is a bozo on a couple of levels. Over priced impractical pieces of crap designed to do nothing but make brian rich. Other than being used to say "hey look at the money I have to waste on crap I really don't need" just to say "hey look at me", what exactly is he providing humanity other than status symbols? How is he helping humanity with providing cheaper transportation for those without homes and dsl? How is he getting the planet away from impractacticle gas hogs? Tell me what dsl does for humanity? 

Oh I get everyone needs to eat, it isn't the workers who are bozos but brian. He is an asshole who is too lazy to improve humanity by making internet affordable to everyone and. Much easier for him to just get on his dsl and rant about what everyone else should do.

Macbeth Act 5 Scene 5 and Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech, is what you don't get.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X