Dummer n snot

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Dummer n snot

As pointed out in a post a while back--the longer civilization goes on the dummer it becomes. Now we may have entered into a landslide of dum.

A robot cannot be a Christian, it can only be an Atheist. A robot cannot believe anything, it can only be programmed to say it does.

Take a "think" on this.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/florida-reverend-christopher-benek-wants-convert-artificial-intelligence-christianity-1486912

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A robot isn't intelligent.

A robot isn't intelligent. This guy is talking about AI, not computers and walking calculators. A true AI would be as capable of religious belief as any human.

Fortunately we're nowhere near developing an actual AI, so this christian fool will never have to find out how dangerous his desire actually is.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Thanks.

Vastet wrote:
A robot isn't intelligent. This guy is talking about AI, not computers and walking calculators. A true AI would be as capable of religious belief as any human. Fortunately we're nowhere near developing an actual AI, so this christian fool will never have to find out how dangerous his desire actually is.

I didn't know there was a difference.

Ok but, if AI ever gets to the point of equalling "our" intellectual capability would it actually be AI. (Even tho I didn't comprehend the difference as I do now I was thinking of a machine/robot in conjuction with AI as the images depict)  As I see it (probably wrong)AI would then be the same as "person". I don't see how AI could be a "person" such as we are. But, if we Old Seers equate Human to mean the same as Christianity then that would mean (to us) that a human was created by sucessfully creating AI. Then that would mean that AI reaches a point of equallity with us. I order to be as us then AI would also have emotions. The question then is---how are emotions to be created. Without emotions plus or minus I don't think AI could ever be a "person" and be some sort of out of control maniacal machine. (or something like that).

It's things to think about. I don't think it'll ever get beyond a programed machine stage. It would seem that if emotion couldn't be copied/duplicated (and I don't think it can) it's just a high class typewriter. It also seems that if AI can't be brought to consciously determine/recognize harm or no harm it can't ever take on a real personal  entity.

I have to agree--this would be a dangerous trial and error process.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Considering we can not as

Considering we can not as yet define a person objectively the question of whether or not AI would qualify is moot.

Every computer you've ever used has been a calculator that performs one operation at a time. It might perform them very quickly or very slowly, but it always does one at a time.

The human brain performs dozens of operations simultaneously. Pump that artery, beat the heart. pet the cat, talk on the phone, wave to a friend, bounce the right leg, breathe, digest food, hold waste securely, release hormones, and tonnes more. Most important being the ability to perform all these multiple differing operations to single or multiple goals.

A computer can calculate the most difficult equation you can imagine in seconds, but it cannot tie that operation to anything else. The equation is the goal, always and forever. When one equation is complete another arises, and it becomes the goal. It can't performs dozens of operations at a time, and it can't tie them together to make goals out of goals.

That is the singular greatest flaw in AI today. Maybe tomorrow something else will pop up, but until a computer can be designed that is much more similar to the brain than computers today are, AI is quite literally impossible. The best anyone can do is mimic it, poorly.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.