I don't know if

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I don't know if

Any of you Guys will be interested in this, but I came across it whilst I was on youtube looking over the Shumacher-Levy comet impacts. This just popped out of somewhere but I wasn't looking for it. I watched this for about a minute and Xed out. I didn't know there where floks cliaming to be Christian that believe in evolution.

https://youtu.be/G_oIuLVlmWM This might not belong in the forum. if not the moderator will move it.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I botched the URL.

It's Ok up until the word "this" is connected.

Edit: Moderator you may as well scrub it. It looks like an inoperable URL.

Ok, try this. This video may be copyrighted, I didn't find any copyright marks.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RestoredCOG?v=G_oIuLVlmWM

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I gotupthe gumshun

to watch this entire presentation. Well, what can I say. It borders on fanaticism to a high degree. However, proper Christianity has nothing to do with evolution  and shouldn't have any concerns of it. Christianity is about a state of mind, or,  a particular presence of mind, not about the state of the physical or what it's origin may be.. An Apostle points out clearly that., "first there came the physical and then the spiritual". That means the person is formed "after" the physical.

So what we have here is another preacher with a carnal mind. A carnal mind is one that places the physical (flesh) (amounting to body worship) over the spritual/mental. The only way a religion can comeup with anything against evolution is "if it is established on the carnal mind", and with this preacher that is the case. 

To show how mixed up these so-called Christian religions are can be seen toward the end of his presentation. If one takes the time to watch this video it will be toward the end. He states that- Christians are sons of God. In New testament forum that would be true. BUT, he's not recognising the hypocracy within his belief.  1st, he's agaisnt evolution a concern of the physical. The he states Christians are sons of God. OK, so what makes a Christian a son of God, the physical or the a mental/spiritual condition. If you already have a body but not a christian then how do you become a Chrsitian, you have to change your mind, not the body. So then,Christanity is about a change of"person/spiritual" not whether evolution is true or not, because the body needs no change ---if so---for what? There's no such thing as a Christian physical body, as Christianity is strictly mental. If the preacher in this video were a Chrsitian  He would know that.

The problem with these so called Christians is they don't undersrtand what makes them like all others on the planet, and no different. The carnalmind is one of the reason people cannot get along with each other properly. The goal of christianioty is to get "you" to know "you". If his Preacher is criticizing the world for the way it is--he's just as active in making it the way it is as anyone else. Hypocracy 101. What causes these so called Christians to claim to be Christians is blind faith in preachers like this video depicts. In "Proper" Christianity there is an understanding of what one's spiritual elements are, and from that one understands the self, and from that changes are made or not made depending upon one's preference. The elements are inheirent in all and are given by nature of one,s creation before birth which develope with age.

The reason so called Christianity needs blind faith is becasue they don't have a clue as to what elements of one's nature makes Christian and the ones that don't. So they claim to follow JC, and blindly without  knowing what elements of ones's person JC represents. He does not represent the physical, as psudo Christianty is more loving of the physical then the spritual, as can be seen from this video--This preacher is carnal minded--and that's not Christianity, because he see's people from the physical recognitions over the spiritual.

Very simple ain't it. S0-- he's not a Christian.

Just as in New Testament forum, there is neither male nor female in the works --which means it's "NOT" about anything physical---BUT--- all notice that socalled Christans still consider the body as "person, and in "proper Christianity" it is NOT. So, A Chistian (if any actually exist) can only argue evolution as a matter of science, not religion. Proper Christianity can only argue science as a matter of science. There-fore then, a Christain cannot debate evolution in any manner connected to Christianity, which if one does so,  would prove one not to be Christian. This is why pseudo Christianity is very hypocritical.

Additionals, and other insights.

The Bible is a middle eastern documentaion,it is not writtin in context of western thought. There is quite a difference between those two lines of thinking. Biblical writers put things more in the spiritual line , while western puts things more so in a material line.  The influence on interpretations of the book is mostly English, German, French and basically European. The Europen beliefs decended from a Druid - like religion, and those beliefs were incorporated into the translatins and interpretations of the book. Simply, they interpreted the book to fit thier old religous beliefs. They attached JC to their old religion which negates Christianity. Any mixture of Christian and non-Christian equals ---non Christian. The interpretaions of the midevial and darkage thought still are present and believed today. Technically what we have to day is still Druidism.

Next, a more up to date example.  We found while stillin study of the book that some of todays bibles change the 144 cubits in the book of Rev, to--216 feet. That's a no no. The 144 must remain. 144 has meaning in bilical terms not 216. OK, so what does the 144 mean or stand for. Everyone'sperson contain certain characteristics that make up[ one's person, (IE- love, hate, compassion, envy etc. Thoes mental aspects are ---YOU. According to biblical forum we all have 144 individual traits that make up our person's. This was  (as we understand it) discovered by the Adamites. As anything else in the universe almost all things have opposites. So does our "personality", get it. Well, all those traits combined are element of YOUR personailty. Depending upon how and in what comibinations used others can se YOUR present personality. This is how we all get to know each other. Each person has 72 human traits alond with their opposites---the 72 animal traits. One set of these traits are -- Christianity, and the othes aren't. And, might I point out, that this was discovered by an ancient people , the Adamites. What makes Adam is one who chooses the --Human traits to be their center of person. Center in this case is equal to Soul, the center of one's desires and emotions. So then, God in this case is the biblical mental form of Adam.Other middle eastern peopls may have had mopre or less traits but the book has 144. What I intended here is --to show the creeping of interpretaions over time to fit the western mindset.

We did not aquire these traits from another person or super human. We are a result of what the functions of the brain produce, and that is a natural process that makes us human and animal. It,s simply the nature of "being".

OK---after the fall----. behold the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil. That is, The biblical God is all that is good and all that is evil. Adam was a god of 1/2 of those traits, and when returning to what  was before they become as the whole of God. God=way. God in this case is "what rules", and to become Adam he/they had to take on one set of traits to become Adam. to fall away from that returns him/them to beignas they were previous, which means that he/they were no longer Adam but became as was before they became Adam, returned to being the same as all others on the planet. The fall of Adam is merely returning to living by the double entity that is terms God. The God of Adam is what Adam was ruled by, the human traits, and after the fall they became rules by the double image and wehat they were before they became Adam. So God then (in bib;ical forum) is nothing more the personal characterisics of ones person. BEing that we are all capable ofdoing ood or evil---then "what" is the image of God --- everyone has it.  It's nothing more then "us" made and forged by the natural process that create. No external"God" is needed in this process. It's all about "You".

Notice--none of this has anything to do with evolution. Where the physical came from is inconsequential to true form Christian/human thought. It's the mind/spiritual that counts. The material worls has it's origin, and the body comes from that origin as it is material. so it belongs in the science of Physiology, not religion. The physiology shows clearly---physical evolution. 

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
One more item.

Being I've become overtime, quite tired of posting in religious insights I plan that this will be my last post on this thread. I'm getting into what can be construed as preaching which is not appropreate to do on another site. There are things one encounters that thay just can'tlet go of, and it's what happened to me in this case. I hope site managemaent will allow. OK---- NEeeeeXT.

This will better inform where us Old Seers stand on these religions as compared tothem.

-The lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrials the breath of life and man became a living soul.-

How were you lead to see this passage.

Like this maybe-- there's this super someone that put some dirt together on a beach and formed it into a bodily shape such as you have and there it is on the beach deder n snot, and brought it to life, right. Well, that's the way I was led to see it too.

JUST AMINUTE, HOLD IT, STOP, BACK UP.  Look at that passage again. Now, is somethign material/physical going on there ---or is something spiritual/mental. It says "man" was fromed. man ia not physical, man is a spiritual entity opposite that of animal. It say, "Man" became a living soul. What is soul, something physical or spiritual. Think. We all have been led to believe in is the physical as one's person. That concept originates from the caral minds of those who preach religions.

It says "Man" was formed of the dust of the ground, not a body. What is "dust" of the ground. We are mentally formed in the animal "and' human states of mind, (As previously said in the other post)and that is a process of a natural happening. One of these is man the other is not. The combination of the two as you see the world operateing  even in the world today results in hypocacy and disorder-also as you see happening in the world today. Useing this combination to live under creats the mental situation of being as dust blowing around in a windstorm. It what's refered to as scatter brain. Dust of the ground is equal to, inchoherance/instability. (Don't kid yourselves people. The ancients who wrote this book weren't dummies. It's the way they express things that's tricky to understand)

As JC points to -let your eye be single- means that his ways are of the singular of the two, as Christianity is of only one of the sets of characterisics we all are capableof. The other is causing all our social problems. What this soul passage is -is a explanation of something taking place within the 7 days of creation--which is also a spiritual undertaking, and not the formation of a material universe. The word of God is creation itself which is where/when God said. That nakes Adam the same as creation as Adam and JC are the word. The body is not the word, the mind/person is.

The main reason any religion can be adverse to evolution is because they are body worshipers. If any religion claims to be Christian and then hold "body"as "person"is absolutely bogus Christianity/humanity.

All creation in the bible is--is nothing more then a small group of individuals getting their shit together as to what they are and getting it all sorted out. It's just plain ass psychiatry. In creation soul = earth = Eve. Mother earth = Eve, the mother of the living/human soul, (singular) not the other, as the book referes to Eve the mother of all the living, and that is the "living" soul that is in genisis. In proper/true form Christianity living soulis human, the other is dead, meaning, it's dead to what is human. Now know the diference. OK, Nuff said I hope.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What a steamy pile of

What a steamy pile of poney loaf. The earth is 4 billion years old, and evolution explains why humans exist. Your comic book explains nothing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What a steamy pile of

What a steamy pile of poney loaf. The earth is 4 billion years old, and evolution explains why humans exist. Your comic book explains nothing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What a steamy pile of

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Sorry for the triple

Sorry for the triple posts. Using a cell. Not used to using this website on a cell.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure

Brian37 wrote:

if your post is + or -. We side with evolution. There's nothing in the book that is for or against evolution. Evolution is a discusion for science not religion. Religion and the material sciences don't mix. Religion is a matter of mental and belongs in the psychiatric sciences.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
religion is not a science at

religion is not a science at all because religion is not empirically falsifiable.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
on the over-all

iwbiek wrote:
religion is not a science at all because religion is not empirically falsifiable.

I have to agree.

Then wouldn't that also apply to psychiatry. let's say for instance, that a psychiatrist is testifying as to whether a person is a danger or not. In this case there is no physical evidence that the person in question is dangerous. If the psychiatrist says he is, then it can't be proven physically that he will be or is dangerous. If the judge or a jury agree they may be mistreating the person in question. Wouldn't the statement of the psychitrist be merely an opinion and impirically unprovable. 

And,wouldn't this be the same for religion. Belief  is not considered material or physical, so you would be correct, and I agree. Belief then has to enter into a state of hypocacy, which in turn the believer shows different then what the belief is, that is, believing one thing and physically doing the other. In this case there is physical action evidence of something and would that be considered  "untrue" or merely someone is hypocitical. It's the old scapegoat of---do as I say, not as I do.

Religions exist on the very fact that what they claim is unprovable,of course. The leaders normaly state that they are chosen to lead by some deity and/or are an Apostle or other to lead. But, they never have to prove it, and rely on the gullabilty of the masses.

So, is psychiatry a science, yes/no. I always thought it was, now I may have to change that.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i have issues with

i have issues with psychiatry. one of the only reasons psychiatrists are MDs is that the founder of modern psychotherapy and psychiatry, freud, just happened to be an MD. mental problems are in essence social problems. we call them problems because the manifest symptoms are antithetical to the "normal" human worldview, and usually result in socially unacceptable behavior. psychiatry in its pharmaceutical aspect is a science because the falsifiability lies in the question, "does the drug relieve the symptoms?" that's easy enough to falsify or verify. but does psychiatry actually lead to a better understanding of the human mind? i have serious doubts.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Holy Kow

iwbiek wrote:
i have issues with psychiatry. one of the only reasons psychiatrists are MDs is that the founder of modern psychotherapy and psychiatry, freud, just happened to be an MD. mental problems are in essence social problems. we call them problems because the manifest symptoms are antithetical to the "normal" human worldview, and usually result in socially unacceptable behavior. psychiatry in its pharmaceutical aspect is a science because the falsifiability lies in the question, "does the drug relieve the symptoms?" that's easy enough to falsify or verify. but does psychiatry actually lead to a better understanding of the human mind? i have serious doubts.

We are definetly on the same page with this. Psychiatry (I think that's spelt rite) has not made a better world, and the situation is getting worse by the year.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok how about this.

One particularly troubling mental health label being applied to veterans and others who challenge the status quo is “oppositional defiance disorder” (ODD). As journalist Anthony Martin explains, an ODD diagnosis

“denotes that the person exhibits ‘symptoms’ such as the questioning of authority, the refusal to follow directions, stubbornness, the unwillingness to go along with the crowd, and the practice of disobeying or ignoring orders. Persons may also receive such a label if they are considered free thinkers, nonconformists, or individuals who are suspicious of large, centralized government… At one time the accepted protocol among mental health professionals was to reserve the diagnosis of oppositional defiance disorder for children or adolescents who exhibited uncontrollable defiance toward their parents and teachers.”

This is from the Rutherford Institute page. In a post a while back I pointed to-- if Atheism ever becomes a viable threat to religion the government will put a stop to it. Governemnts and religion exist for the same reason--to regulate people and create and maintain followers. It's a husband and wife arrangement (this is an insight of the Smurfs , by the way) Any Atheist person thought to be, or deemed to be of a terrorist nature will be pointed out by the news media. They will attempt to link terrorism and Atheism. I told you beforehand so that you will kinow. They can also link anti religion to terrorism if necessary.