Unofficial 2015 NFL thread.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unofficial 2015 NFL thread.

My prediction my Skins will have another sucky season to medeocar season.

Almost ready to become a Texan fan, some may know Arian Foster, their running back has come out as a skeptic.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: My

Brian37 wrote:

My prediction my Skins will have another sucky season to medeocar season.

Well, they won't be the bottom of the division at least. The Eagles seem to be gunning for first draft pick. 

Quote:

Almost ready to become a Texan fan, some may know Arian Foster, their running back has come out as a skeptic.

Which is about as logical as anyone who is a Tebow fan. And pointless, since Foster isn't going to be playing til mid-season. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Holy fuck batman, what a

Holy fuck batman, what a load of shit!  Ok, then former kicker  Cris Kluwe is a dumb jock too.  Flerbow sucked as a player on top of being a brainless biblehead.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Holy fuck

Brian37 wrote:

Holy fuck batman, what a load of shit!

A great warning label to attach to all your posts.

Quote:

Ok, then former kicker  Cris Kluwe is a dumb jock too.  Flerbow sucked as a player on top of being a brainless biblehead.

You're the one who suggested being a fan of a team because a single player is atheist. How is that different from people who are fans of Tebow just because he wears his faith on his sleeve? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Fleebow doesn't have two

Fleebow doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.  Secondly its called fucking sarcasm. As far as Foster,  just like Kluwe, it is refreshing to see a pro sports Star who skips the lucky socks and invisible sky hero. I have no plans to stop being a Skins fan.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 RG got dinged in the shin

RG got dinged in the shin and had had his helmet knocked off, but lack of QB protection has been the norm since the hogs. Yea still beat the Browns 20 to 17, but it is pre season.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 One thing I have noticed

One thing I have noticed this season with the Skins, they have a better running game and better protection of the QB, I have been screaming this since the Hogs left. However, it seems now that we fixed one flat tire another went flat. Last nights loss against the Giants we had a sucky special teams, Cousins missed easy passes, too many needless penalties, and  our defense failed on key plays. 

Stats an players mean nothing unless you have a W at the end of the game, and balance has always been the key. You have to have all 6 cylinders firing at the same time.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Great news for the Skins

Great news for the Skins today, they cant loose. Ok, they don't play, minor detail. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Forgot about the London

Forgot about the London game, catching the end of it, rooting for Miami, he he Beyond.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Skins dominated first half

Skins dominated first half on time of possession. But let the Eagles back in the game.  I feel like the Skins doged a bullet.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Great news

Brian37 wrote:

Great news for the Skins today, they cant loose. Ok, they don't play, minor detail. 

Ha, I was actually hoping the fins would do better because I had to play Tannehill, Landry and Cameron on my fantasy team. Brutal week, but I should win as long as seagulls D holds tomorrow thanks to my opponent making bad choices.

Jets for the superb owl!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Ha, I was actually hoping the fins would do better because I had to play Tannehill, Landry and Cameron on my fantasy team. Brutal week, but I should win as long as seagulls D holds tomorrow thanks to my opponent making bad choices.

Jets for the superb owl!

You hate liberals, what are you doing quoting Cobert? "Superb owl" 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Jets for the superb owl!

You hate liberals, what are you doing quoting Cobert? "Superb owl" 

Because I'm not a bigot who hates of people just because they have different beliefs than me.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Asking Brian this question

Asking Brian this question again here, since it wasn't answered before

Quote:
I'm curious...since you're a fan of pro football; do you think professional athletes deserve the salaries they currently earn?

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Nice canard to trap me

Nice canard to trap me into who gets to decide who makes what arguing supply and demand , the end result is the bullshit argument the owners should decide, which is funny considering they make money off of organized labor.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Nice canard

Brian37 wrote:

Nice canard to trap me into who gets to decide who makes what arguing supply and demand , the end result is the bullshit argument the owners should decide, which is funny considering they make money off of organized labor.

Lol, way to dodge the question  and display your ignorance. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Despite your suspicions, I

Despite your suspicions, I am not in fact trying to trap you.  (I'm not even sure how you could see it as a trap.  It's a simple yes/no question.  Either you think pro-athletes deserve what they're paid, or you don't.)

But to clarify my point in asking:  you've repeatedly expressed displeasure at the exorbitant salaries drawn by CEOs, and the greed thereby manifest.

You meanwhile demonstrate enthusiasm for professional football, whose athletes are paid considerable sums to run a pigskin up and down a field (and are remunerated by many of the avaricious CEOs mentioned afore).

I may have it all wrong, but I perceive a potential contradiction here.  Perhaps you would care to assist in resolving my confusion.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
my $.05 worth.

Pro athletes get their huge salarys by way of their players union,  their personal agents and with colusion from the GMs and owners. Combined these people all think it is worth it.   But there is also something above remuneration  for the athletes  otherwise explain why Payton Manning is still playing,  he  doesn't need the  money , his season so far is so so at best and after 2 neck surgerys he is one bad tackle away from being a quadraplegic; yet he still plays and it is not for the league minimum.

I have never met nor heard of anyone who complained  about being overpaid,  even when they clearly are well over paid. I also think the minimum wage in North America should be $15 an hour,  it would result in a huge rise in consumer spending, and a huge jump in employment to keep up with the demand; which leads to more spending and more employment.....etc.etc.etc.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Jets Skins on now, see you

Jets Skins on now, see you after the game Beyond.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 That sucked! Up at the

That sucked! Up at the half then fell apart. UGhh!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ah, it was a beautiful day

Ah, it was a beautiful day at the Meadowlands. A bit of libation at Tierney's and I'm ready to sleep peacefully tonight. The only thing that could possibly make it better is if the Pats somehow manage to lose. But hey, life isn't perfect. 

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Ah, it

Beyond Saving wrote:

Ah, it was a beautiful day at the Meadowlands. A bit of libation at Tierney's and I'm ready to sleep peacefully tonight. The only thing that could possibly make it better is if the Pats somehow manage to lose. But hey, life isn't perfect. 

Sorry Beyond, St.Thomas and the gang won easily  and we both get to see them next week in Foxborough.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Ah, it

Beyond Saving wrote:

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Beyond Saving

Jeffrick wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Sorry Beyond, St.Thomas and the gang won easily  and we both get to see them next week in Foxborough.

This is the week the Patriots lose. The Jets are strong this year.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well Washington pulled

Well Washington pulled that one out of their asses. Of course it was Tampa so I'm not sure if I'd be too proud of letting Tampa score more than twice on your defense.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Jeffrick

Beyond Saving wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I was hoping that the Jets would win but alas they too suck like the Bucs. They had no running game and they couldn't shut down the NE offense when it mattered.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

I was hoping that the Jets would win but alas they too suck like the Bucs. They had no running game and they couldn't shut down the NE offense when it mattered.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Holy crap I did not expect

Holy crap I did not expect the Skins to come back from a 24-0 dept at the half. By the ever loving skin of our teeth.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I'm hoping that tomorrow

I'm hoping that tomorrow night the Dolphins hand Brady his ass on a platter.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I'm

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I wouldn't count on it Digital,  St.Thomas seems to like kicking back down teams that get a little to uppity  and Miami has been getting too good lately.

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I wouldn't count on it Digital,  St.Thomas seems to like kicking back down teams that get a little to uppity  and Miami has been getting too good lately.

36  to 7  

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game. I had it on then the family came home and the television got turned off. I was planning to watch it while I gamed online but alas I went to bed not even knowing the score.

This morning I'm not sure what happened to their defense. Maybe they cheated again and sent spies to steal play books or they filmed their practices.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I didn't get to watch the game. I had it on then the family came home and the television got turned off. I was planning to watch it while I gamed online but alas I went to bed not even knowing the score.

This morning I'm not sure what happened to their defense. Maybe they cheated again and sent spies to steal play books or they filmed their practices.

Nah, the only strong point in the fins offense is Miller, and Bellicheck just shut him down forcing Miami to throw, which they can't. The Miami defense played better than the score indicates, they just got worn down without the offense taking time.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Skins can't lose this

Skins can't lose this weekend, we have a bye. But but but but, then we play the Pats Mommy!

Jeffrick
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Skins can't

Brian37 wrote:

Skins can't lose this weekend, we have a bye. But but but but, then we play the Pats Mommy!

Don't worry Brian you can always pray that St.Thomas shows mercy  and we all know how well prayer works.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Brian37

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Don't worry Brian you can always pray that St.Thomas shows mercy  and we all know how well prayer works.

Wow we just got lucky with a strip fumble otherwise surely it would be 14 zip right now. But game isn't over yet. Pats can pile it on if they want.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 FUCK 14 ZIP anyway. It's

FUCK 14 ZIP anyway. It's going to be a long day.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 HEY BRADY GO TAKE YOUR

HEY BRADY GO TAKE YOUR DEFLATED BALLS AND BEEEEEEEEEEP!

I wasn't expecting to win in any case. I don't get it though, two turn overs did nothing with them. More dropped balls than a proctologist would see in a week. Why the fuck cant the Skins get firing on all cylinders?

Boy the way the Hogs did play, the Wild Bunch made the hit parade, guys like Riggins had it made, those were the days.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well the only thing I have

Well the only thing I have left today is to root for the Eagles to beat the Cowchips tonight.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Well the

Brian37 wrote:

Well the only thing I have left today is to root for the Eagles to beat the Cowchips tonight.

I only watched a little bit of it but it looked like the Eagles had a really strong running game.

When I woke up this morning I found the results interesting because of the OT. I wonder if Dallas just had poor clock management. I thought they should have won.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I only watched a little bit of it but it looked like the Eagles had a really strong running game.

When I woke up this morning I found the results interesting because of the OT. I wonder if Dallas just had poor clock management. I thought they should have won.

That makes up somewhat for my Skins having their asses handed to them. Now all we have to do is not lose anymore games and maybe we can squeek into the playoffs. Yes, I know, that is as likely as Anjolina Jolie giving me a blowjob. Outside that I simply want to beat Dallas at least once this season. That is about as good as it gets for the Skins right now. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

That makes up somewhat for my Skins having their asses handed to them. Now all we have to do is not lose anymore games and maybe we can squeek into the playoffs. Yes, I know, that is as likely as Anjolina Jolie giving me a blowjob. Outside that I simply want to beat Dallas at least once this season. That is about as good as it gets for the Skins right now. 

All pipe dreams. Washington won't make the playoffs unless Giants and Eagles completely collapes which won't happen. The Giants and Eagles will both beat the Skins during their next meetings. They will split with the Cowboys. Losses to the Saints and the Panthers will be the final nails in the coffin.

RG3 will be traded. He's been used and abused and his career is over. Shame. Imagine what he might have done on a good team.

Skins finish the season 6-10

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

All pipe dreams. Washington won't make the playoffs unless Giants and Eagles completely collapes which won't happen. The Giants and Eagles will both beat the Skins during their next meetings. They will split with the Cowboys. Losses to the Saints and the Panthers will be the final nails in the coffin.

RG3 will be traded. He's been used and abused and his career is over. Shame. Imagine what he might have done on a good team.

I was dreaming, it was called sarcasm.  I agree it is a pipe dream at this point. I just want to beat Dallas once this season. Oh and 6-10? It wouldn't shock me if we did worse. Nothing about the Skins shocks me when they stumble or fall. It is like having a family member fart at the Thanksgiving table. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I don't think RGs carreer is over. I think can get healthy again and at least be a backup somewhere. But this is what I have been screaming since our last Superbowl. You could draft Joe Montana but without an offensive line or balanced team all the talent in the world wont do shit for you. He does have talent, but we suck and he got hurt becuase we suck.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I think our best shot at

I think our best shot at rising from the ashes was when we brought back Gibbs. Yes the game changed since he left, but he was a smart coach and if they had given him enough time he would have built a team. But, as long as we have a shitty owner like Danny, I am not going to hold my breath. I'd take Jones as an owner. Anyone but Danny.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't think

Brian37 wrote:

I don't think RGs carreer is over. I think can get healthy again and at least be a backup somewhere. But this is what I have been screaming since our last Superbowl. You could draft Joe Montana but without an offensive line or balanced team all the talent in the world wont do shit for you. He does have talent, but we suck and he got hurt becuase we suck.

The list is endless. QBs RBs WRs all who have been used and abused by crappy coaches who think that they can win using one player.

I didn't understand it then, but I know now why Barry Sanders packed his backs and left the NFL.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The list is endless. QBs RBs WRs all who have been used and abused by crappy coaches who think that they can win using one player.

I didn't understand it then, but I know now why Barry Sanders packed his backs and left the NFL.

At least with Danny, he sucks as an owner. But yea, you cant as a GM or coach espect to build a dynasty unless you have balance on all sides of the ball. Great teams also have depth so that if the starter gets knocked out the backup is just as good or better. Skins have long since lost that concept. 

Good thing today is I'll be able to drown my missery with beer as the Skins lose to the Saints. UGGGGG, there was a time when I saw "Saints" on our schedule it was an automatic "W". To quote and Eddie Money song "I wanna go back, do it all over, but I cant go back I know".

Extra credit, without googling, what was Eddie Money's prior occupation before he became a famous pop star?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oh when the Saints, go

Oh when the Saints, go marching in, oh when the Saints go marching in, Oh how I want to be in their slaughter, when the Saints go marching in! 

I guess that was not a Brees for the Saints. I have to admit, at best I was thinking we could sqeak by considering they lost to the Titians last week. And in any rivalry nobody likes to face a losing team. It is like facing a injured rattle snake. I did not expect this win, especially not the marjin. 

So Beyond, I bet that screwed up your fantasy picks.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:So Beyond, I

Brian37 wrote:

I'm Dolphins heavy so it was an okay day. Tannehill, Landry and Miller all did 20 points, so I can't complain. Edelman and Fitzgerald still play tonight. Not confident with Fitz, but Edelman should have a really good night. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I'm Dolphins heavy so it was an okay day. Tannehill, Landry and Miller all did 20 points, so I can't complain. Edelman and Fitzgerald still play tonight. Not confident with Fitz, but Edelman should have a really good night. 

I picked Miami, three times, only to get a loss in my picks. Today I go against them and I lose!

What a fucked up week. Five games are a loss when they should have been a win. Only game I don't care to lose is the NYG against NEP. I hope NYG kicks their ass.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I picked Miami, three times, only to get a loss in my picks. Today I go against them and I lose!

What a fucked up week. Five games are a loss when they should have been a win. Only game I don't care to lose is the NYG against NEP. I hope NYG kicks their ass.

I am not into the game to that detail. I know player positions and rules, and some play schemes like I formation and "empty backfield" but "fantasy league" is lost on me. Not only am I not obsessed to that level, but it is like Dungeons and Dragons for jocks, and the worst part is at least Vegas bans card counters. "Fantasy League" is sold  off as skill, but just like a Vegas casino, they would not be in business if it were fair. Some win, some lose, just like a casino, but most lose. That is why casinos make money.

I simply like the game, win or lose it is simply fun to me. Nothing I bet on, and nothing I obsess over.