On top of Nick Hanauer, economist Robert Reich, Bernie Sanders how about a U of Cambridge economist?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
On top of Nick Hanauer, economist Robert Reich, Bernie Sanders how about a U of Cambridge economist?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22630182.500-tax-cuts-for-top-earners-fail-because-the-theory-is-broken.html#.VUgJm45Vikq And of course Nick Hanauer bitch slapping his own class with this. https://www.ted.com/talks/nick_hanauer_beware_fellow_plutocrats_the_pitchforks_are_coming?language=en Nope, not an expert myself, but getting pretty tired of some here thinking things are working when I do point to the experts and rich myself.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:not an expert

Brian37 wrote:
not an expert myself

Understatement of the year award goes to:

BRIAN

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Nope, not an

Brian37 wrote:

Nope, not an expert myself, but getting pretty tired of some here thinking things are working when I do point to the experts and rich myself.

So you admit that you aren't qualified to talk about the subject, that is a refreshing change. I don't know who here has defended the current economic system except you. Off the top of my head, of those who have adopted a defined position we have a marxist, a laissez faire capitalist, a Chicago School, a couple RBE'ers, an anarchist or two, and a semi-regular Austrian. Oh wait, there was one other person who has actively defended the current keynesian system, and that was that Jewish woman, don't remember her name. 

Other than that, you are the only person who has routinely defended the system currently in place. Despite the fact that you are clearly too uneducated to have a coherent conversation and are left to random appeals to authority of people whom you haven't even read, let alone understood the foundations of their arguments. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fuzzy Cat Herder. Or Furry.

Fuzzy Cat Herder. Or Furry. I can't recall. One of the two.

I have to ask which you think I qualify as lol. I looked up chicago school and rbe. Can't say as I quite fit them, though bits of them could perhaps be part of how I see things. Definitely not an anarchist, though the idea of limiting the power of government is a good one. I'm not semi-regular, so I don't need to look that up. I've been called a marxist, but I think you're referring to iwbiek. Can't stand the majority of laissez faire.

I've always thought of myself as something of a social democrat, though I'm split down the middle of anarchy and statism; if that makes any sense. lmao. Neither is sustainable anymore than communism or capitalism, but the right mixture of all could very well be.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Fuzzy Cat

Vastet wrote:
Fuzzy Cat Herder. Or Furry. I can't recall. One of the two. I have to ask which you think I qualify as lol. I looked up chicago school and rbe. Can't say as I quite fit them, though bits of them could perhaps be part of how I see things. Definitely not an anarchist, though the idea of limiting the power of government is a good one. I'm not semi-regular, so I don't need to look that up. I've been called a marxist, but I think you're referring to iwbiek. Can't stand the majority of laissez faire. I've always thought of myself as something of a social democrat, though I'm split down the middle of anarchy and statism; if that makes any sense. lmao. Neither is sustainable anymore than communism or capitalism, but the right mixture of all could very well be.

I actually didn't include you, since as far as I can tell you've never taken a firm stand on any economic school of thought. Although, if I had to classify you, I think you would find much in the Neo-Ricardianism and/or Neo-Marxism schools that you would agree with, based on the specific issues where you have stated your opinion and the ways in which you frame your arguments. 

Lum was a supporter of the RBE, and there was another that argued it, but not sure if he actually supported it or was just engaging in debate for fun. Kap was a big fan of the Chicago school, and ratdog comes on occasionally is a supporter of the Austrian school (the one who always posts the Tom Woods videos). And we used to have a couple prominent anarchists, but haven't seen them in years. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I pretty much have

Yeah I pretty much have discarded every school of thought on economics that I've read up on. I'll look into those suggestions when I get a chance. Bed time now.