the threat of atheism

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
the threat of atheism

 Common atheist flaws

the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness

I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Some comments are from knowledge, while others are clearly not :

 > Some comments are from knowledge, while others are clearly not . . .

 

  Hey, Now, Why not point to an important text. Surely, I know everyone off-site (Original/other/omni-0FF-Site) must realize and could begin to feel these images are important to share, especially these two or three images (semi-smirk) ::

 

  

  

  

 



    Labelled  to Other/Original/Omni Off-Site (Attn. - Off-Site) --

    Now here's a day I thought I'd never see again, but I have been known to be wrong, though (.. almost Lol) ::

  

        
 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 Old seer,You fail to

 Old seer,

You fail to provide me with source. The atheists on this board provide me with source (for example vastet) for material they wish me to know. 

I have provided scripture from the Bible, definitions from Vines Hebrew/Greek dictionary, information from multiple commentaries from well studied people, pieces and parts of systematic theology and biblical theology. 

All you have been doing is circling around "our interpretation" each and every time. 

Example: I have shown you that hebrews think it too holy to say or write God, so they substitute with JHVH, or as we say, yahweh. The link I provided states that the PRONUNCIATION of yahweh has been lost, not it's meaning, yet you claim to say meaning. This is common knowledge in any Judeo-Christian study.

You said the author avoids the usage of the term God because there was no such term before a certain time. Can you show me how and where you discovered that?

 

You seem to ignore the fact that the link you shared with me refers to God as supreme being, which actually contradicts your view.

 

Vastet can back up his statements with documentation. I'm even sure Brian can too. I have shown you what I have read from the Bible, among other sources from well studied people. Can you provide me with anything outside of your blog like link on the bottom of your page?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
I don't see any point

in continuing. The little I presented you don't understand. Don't get the idea I think you're stupid--not so. But logic is logic.

OK lets go over this one again. In the beginning was the word. [logic]---- Q-what is in the beginning? A- creation.        Q-what is this God idea doing? A- saying.    Q-What is being said (one thing).    A-let there be light (in the first day).     Q- what about this light idea. A- John is saying it was in the beginning, and John the baptist is telling about the light.    Q- What manner of light is JB refereing to. A- enlightenment.    Q- would this light be sunlight?  A-No.   Q- then what is the light in the first day?  A- Enlightenment, a gaining of knowledge.   Q- Would John the Baptist be telling us about sunlight?  A-No. JB doesn't know much of anything about sunlight, he's not  a physicist.  Q- is creation something invisible?  A-yes.      Q- Is the material universe invisible  as an Apostle refers to it?  A- No       Q- What in the book does invisible refer to?  A- Something spiritual, there can't be anything else as the universe only contains these two things.   Q-With this information would creation be the construction of material, IE, Material universe.  A- No.   Q- If the light in the beginning is enlightenment rather then sunlight then some one had to be in the begining to be enlightened Y/N.  A-Yes  Q-Is enlightenment of any value if no one is learning anything.   A- No.  Q- If someone was present at creation being enlightened who logically could it be.  A- Adam.  Q- If the word was in the beginning and the word was enlightenment and the word was god, and Adam was being the enlightened, Who's God?  A- Adam.  Q- Can Adam reason for himself without any super somebody involved.  A- Yes.   Q- Can anyone today reason for themself without a super somebody? A- Yes.  Q- Does the congress of the US need a super someone to legislate.  A- No.   Q- If the congress of the US believes they need guidance from a super somebody, would the super somebody be as stupid and ignorant as they. A- Yes  Q- Can someone that stupid create a universe of any kind?  A-No.  Q- Do religions leaders exhibit this same problem? A-Yes. 

So, is biblical creation material or spiritual/mental. If spiritual, every religiojn on planet earth is phony. The book says it spiritual. If the clergy on the planet didn't know that they can't possibly be who or what they say they are. Q- Are they enlightened?  A-No. If they were enlightened they should have at least been aware of the alternative creation interpretaion and taught it's acceptance or denial.

You have to start over JLY. Shit Can the worship, that's Old Testament paganism which the New Testament seeks to eliminate. Adam didn't worship himself. You may not be aware of it but after the fall the biblical peoples became pagans, (opposite creaton) and have been ever since. So were Europeans. OK, Carry on. And I can't fo this kind of thi9ng everyday. Hope I've been helpful.  Smiling

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:in

Old Seer wrote:

in continuing. The little I presented you don't understand. Don't get the idea I think you're stupid--not so. But logic is logic.

OK lets go over this one again. In the beginning was the word. [logic]---- Q-what is in the beginning? A- creation.        Q-what is this God idea doing? A- saying.    Q-What is being said (one thing).    A-let there be light (in the first day).     Q- what about this light idea. A- John is saying it was in the beginning, and John the baptist is telling about the light.    Q- What manner of light is JB refereing to. A- enlightenment.    Q- would this light be sunlight?  A-No.   Q- then what is the light in the first day?  A- Enlightenment, a gaining of knowledge.   Q- Would John the Baptist be telling us about sunlight?  A-No. JB doesn't know much of anything about sunlight, he's not  a physicist.  Q- is creation something invisible?  A-yes.      Q- Is the material universe invisible  as an Apostle refers to it?  A- No       Q- What in the book does invisible refer to?  A- Something spiritual, there can't be anything else as the universe only contains these two things.   Q-With this information would creation be the construction of material, IE, Material universe.  A- No.   Q- If the light in the beginning is enlightenment rather then sunlight then some one had to be in the begining to be enlightened Y/N.  A-Yes  Q-Is enlightenment of any value if no one is learning anything.   A- No.  Q- If someone was present at creation being enlightened who logically could it be.  A- Adam.  Q- If the word was in the beginning and the word was enlightenment and the word was god, and Adam was being the enlightened, Who's God?  A- Adam.  Q- Can Adam reason for himself without any super somebody involved.  A- Yes.   Q- Can anyone today reason for themself without a super somebody? A- Yes.  Q- Does the congress of the US need a super someone to legislate.  A- No.   Q- If the congress of the US believes they need guidance from a super somebody, would the super somebody be as stupid and ignorant as they. A- Yes  Q- Can someone that stupid create a universe of any kind?  A-No.  Q- Do religions leaders exhibit this same problem? A-Yes. 

So, is biblical creation material or spiritual/mental. If spiritual, every religiojn on planet earth is phony. The book says it spiritual. If the clergy on the planet didn't know that they can't possibly be who or what they say they are. Q- Are they enlightened?  A-No. If they were enlightened they should have at least been aware of the alternative creation interpretaion and taught it's acceptance or denial.

You have to start over JLY. Shit Can the worship, that's Old Testament paganism which the New Testament seeks to eliminate. Adam didn't worship himself. You may not be aware of it but after the fall the biblical peoples became pagans, (opposite creaton) and have been ever since. So were Europeans. OK, Carry on. And I can't fo this kind of thi9ng everyday. Hope I've been helpful.  Smiling

again. You are still offering nothing. I have provided you with material hundreds of years of biblical study. You have provided me with nothing more than a massive group accepted opinion.

You can call what I believe my opinion all you want, and I accept that, but I base my opinion upon what I have studied about the said topic.

what I am getting from you, is that you and your "smurf" cult are the only "enlightened" people in this day and age.......very humble of you mr. Buddha......

Nothing about worship in the NT? Really? Jesus talked about worshiping the Father CONSTANTLY. And btw, you misunderstand prayer. Prayer in the Bible is not "please God give me, do this for me, heal this person, etc.....Prayer is giving reverence to God

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name

Thy kingdom come Thy will be done

give us today our daily bread (God's Word)

This is not a verbatim prayer Jesus told us to pray, it is a format in which we should pray. The majority of that format, which I have shown is giving reverence to God and asking for His presence.

so on what basis can you possibly say no NT worship?

I have read the other threads you directed me to, and you do the same thing, deflect, and offer no substance other than your unsupported opinion.

I thank and appreciate the atheists here for at least doing that on their front.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Mod edit: Double post.

Mod edit: Double post.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the club

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again. You are still offering nothing. I have provided you with material hundreds of years of biblical study. You have provided me with nothing more than a massive group accepted opinion.

Now you know how atheists feel all the time when they are talking to you.

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again. You are still offering nothing. I have provided you with material hundreds of years of biblical study. You have provided me with nothing more than a massive group accepted opinion.

Now you know how atheists feel all the time when they are talking to you.

 

I understand you don't  accept my belief, which I base completely on my God given faith. However, I support my belief through well documented theology and Judeo-Christian Christian history, as well as dictionarys and other documents.

I am not just pulling facts out of my rear end here.

how can one say "the author hesitates to write God because there was no such word before a certain time", when we'll documented history states it's because they thought the name too holy to write.

now on a side note, I do not discredit science. I like science. And my sister has a PhD in neuroscience for goodNess sakes. What I disagree with is the whole "science disproves God" thing. There are so many different camps in creation theory, to include old earth, which affirms all that you are trying to fight as atheists.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
So then.

What's the sense in going on with this. Theology???? there are theologens in all religions I suppose. Old Seers don't have theologens. The reason religions have theologens is because thay don't have it correct. All thologens do is sit around and try to figure out where they went wrong.  As long as any religion has theologens means they don't know something, or basically anything.

You've got circular reasoning. In one post you want me to exclude Creation in the discussion. Spiritual Creation is the fulcrum/pivot post of our interpretation. If I throw it out to accomodate you what do I have left---your interpretation, right. That sounds like what the Pope would come up with.

Ok, so you can't fathom any other interpretaion except the one you have. That's OK with us. It's up to the individual to keep, study or throw away.

I can plainly see you're not a willful bad guy. On a scale of 1 to 10 as a Christain I have you at 7 or 8. That's better then me. I don't strive to be a Christian mainly because I don't worry about it. Knowing what a Christian is, is not being one. I don't reject it--the world is as the world is. There's a time to change and there's a time not to. Knowing what time it is a matter of understanding.

What we do know is--- once this is introduced into one's mind/Pschyce it becomes automatic toward understanding. In a short while a teacher will arrive aned begin to teach you--(thats an abstract) Then you will begin to understand. That's the way it went for us. No, it won't be Satan. Consulpt with your sister and seek her opinion on a sp[iritual creation VS material.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:What's the

Old Seer wrote:

What's the sense in going on with this. Theology???? there are theologens in all religions I suppose. Old Seers don't have theologens. The reason religions have theologens is because thay don't have it correct. All thologens do is sit around and try to figure out where they went wrong.  As long as any religion has theologens means they don't know something, or basically anything.

You've got circular reasoning. In one post you want me to exclude Creation in the discussion. Spiritual Creation is the fulcrum/pivot post of our interpretation. If I throw it out to accomodate you what do I have left---your interpretation, right. That sounds like what the Pope would come up with.

Ok, so you can't fathom any other interpretaion except the one you have. That's OK with us. It's up to the individual to keep, study or throw away.

I can plainly see you're not a willful bad guy. On a scale of 1 to 10 as a Christain I have you at 7 or 8. That's better then me. I don't strive to be a Christian mainly because I don't worry about it. Knowing what a Christian is, is not being one. I don't reject it--the world is as the world is. There's a time to change and there's a time not to. Knowing what time it is a matter of understanding.

What we do know is--- once this is introduced into one's mind/Pschyce it becomes automatic toward understanding. In a short while a teacher will arrive aned begin to teach you--(thats an abstract) Then you will begin to understand. That's the way it went for us. No, it won't be Satan. Consulpt with your sister and seek her opinion on a sp[iritual creation VS material.

 

all anybody here has ever asked you is to provide how you came upon all your information. It's as if you have some secret book of answers that you are telling everybody about but refuse to show.

you deny historical facts, such as why JHVH is in Hebrew writings instead of God.

I'm asking for you to provide documentation and subject matter that led you to your point of view, instead of repeating "this is what we came up with". 

If 1+1=2 show me how. If dogs bark, show me why. 

Not everybody on this board is a physicist. I did 3+ years of instructing at my last location. While being an instructor we were constantly told to teach at the lowest level, which I'm not saying I am, but you write as if everyone is a physicist.

I'm done throwing references and quotes at you. I'm done. All I Want is for you to give me the same 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
JLY post 259

I gave you our interpretaion of creation, you don't understand it. What else can I say. We didn't set out to find a different interpretation, we encountered it. Upon encountering it (unexpextedly) it caused a curiosity that kept us going. It took 8 or more years and then we stopped because we had enough for each Old Seer to go off on his own. At first there were 4, then, 5 then, then 8, then 15, now 30. About 15 were added after the study was over. But, there was alot left to go that we didn't think was important. Wedon't need to know every tididly thing to know where it took us. In the spring of 2012 I met the last one at Quartzsite AZ. He was the last (a psycologist) one and no more are admitted so we can't be infiltrated. He was allowed in because he was known by and had become a friend of one of the present Psycho Smurfs. When he became understanding he flipped, that's how he put it to me.

I explained our model of creation to you several times. That's the best I can do. I'm trying to get you to reason for yourself. You have to tie things together. The apostles support our interpretation of creation, hands down.

This is from Romans 1. This what precipitated the fall.

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God  into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

So, what's new for today.

God = Adam. The personage of Adam (adamites) were god. God is that which rules. Adam was ruled by human traits. He/they became ruled by animal traits, which has bad consequences, also as we can see to this day. God/rule is the combination of all traits in ones person. They changes from being ruled by the humane into the inhumane.  It's very simple. No super anyone is needed in this process. Smiling

 

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, We all know you do your own stunts (Lol)

  




 


 




 

 Yeah,  We all know you do your own stunts (Lol)

 

 

 

 

  

   

 

 

  ** STAND-UP and say Hey !

    

 

   Hebrews VII  states ::

  The king of Salem, and priest of El Elyon  ( "God most high" ),  ( the rest IS left to the ''Advocate'', actually ) !

  ''For this Melchisedek, the king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

  to whom Abraham also gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is King of peace;

  without father, without mother, without lineage, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life, but made like unto the Son of God; abides a priest continually.

  Now consider how great this one was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

  And verily those that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they also have come out of the loins of Abraham;

  but he whose descent is not counted in those took tithes from Abraham and blessed him that had the promises.

  And without any contradiction the less is blessed of the better.  In the same manner, here men that die take tithes; but there he received them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.

  And as I may so say, Levi also, who received tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.

  For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedek met him.

  If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there .. after the order of MelchisedeK and not be called after the order of Aaron?

  For the priesthood being transposed, there is made of necessity a translation also of the law.

  For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no one presided at the altar.

  For it is manifest that our Lord sprang out of Juda, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.

  And it is yet far more manifest: if there arises another priest who is like unto Melchisedek,

  who is not made according to the law of a carnal commandment, but by the virtue of an indissoluble life;

  for the testimony is of this manner, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek.

  For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness of it;

 for the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did, by which we draw near unto Him.

 And even more, inasmuch as it is not without an oath

 (for the others indeed without an oath were made priests, but this one with an oath by him that said unto him, The He swore and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedek);

  by so much better testament is made securely.

 And the others, truly, were many priests because they were not able to continue by reason of death:

 but this man, because he continues forever, has the intransmissible priesthood.

 Therefore he is able also to save to the uttermost those that come, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.

  For it was expedient that we have such a high priest, who is holy, innocent, undefiled, separate from sinners,  .. etc.''

 

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mno_kU1JlE {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mno_kU1JlE}

 

   

   Hmm,  .. really ?    Yeah,  be worried  be very worried (lol) SEE:Upload ::

 

  

 


 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Beyond

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are still offering nothing. I have provided you with material hundreds of years of biblical study.

Now you know how atheists feel all the time when they are talking to you.

which I base completely on my God given faith. However, I support my belief through well documented theology and Judeo-Christian Christian history, as well as dictionarys and other documents.

I am not just pulling facts out of my rear end here.

how can one say "the author hesitates to write God because there was no such word before a certain time", when we'll documented history states it's because they thought the name too holy to write.

I know that the OP has been tossed aside and you are off on some tangent which I haven't been following because it isn't interesting to me, but you are the pot calling the kettle black. And yes... when you are "I bae completely on my God given faith" you are pulling facts out of your ass. Faith is 100% opinion.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are still offering nothing. I have provided you with material hundreds of years of biblical study.

Now you know how atheists feel all the time when they are talking to you.

which I base completely on my God given faith. However, I support my belief through well documented theology and Judeo-Christian Christian history, as well as dictionarys and other documents.

I am not just pulling facts out of my rear end here.

how can one say "the author hesitates to write God because there was no such word before a certain time", when we'll documented history states it's because they thought the name too holy to write.

I know that the OP has been tossed aside and you are off on some tangent which I haven't been following because it isn't interesting to me, but you are the pot calling the kettle black. And yes... when you are "I bae completely on my God given faith" you are pulling facts out of your ass. Faith is 100% opinion.

 

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
No Collateral damage, Ohana means family

 >  No Collateral damage, .. Ohana means family

   Off-Site/Omni-0FF-Site ::

 SEE/View Upload ::

 Black is (our) kettle Black is (our) kettle

  Story-Time ::

  ''In a Romanian cosmogonic myth, it  tells, ''during creation the earth had spread out so far that there was no more room for the waters. God did not know what to do, so he sent the drone bee to the hedgehog, the wisest of all animals, to ask advice. It refused, however, to help, after all that transpired, giving the excuse that surely God was all-knowing. The drone bee, knowing that the hedgehog is in the habit of talking to itself, stole back up to it and heard it murmuring, “God does not know that he must create valleys and mountains in order to make room'' for flowing of the milk ocean.” The worker bee hurried back to God with this advice, enabling him to complete his creatio, according to the romanian myth. Bulgarians have similar stories. In a Lettish version, It was God himself tells the hedgehog of his cosmogonic dilemma and obtains advice from it. To reward the hedgehog, God gives it a coat made of needles. The Buriats have preserved a story about how ''the Lord of the Earth once visited Khormusta Tengri, one of the gods of heaven. On leaving, the Lord of the Earth begged for the sun and the moon as presents. Hospitality did not allow Khormusta Tengri to refuse, so the Lord of the Earth took the lights of the sky with him and shut them up in a box. The whole universe became dark. Distressed, Khormusta Tengri turned to the hedgehog. Using its profound wisdom, the hedgehog was able to return the sun and the moon to their ordained heavenly orbits'''

 

  Philemon I:IV -- '' . . that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge, and that of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake''

 

 
 

 

  Off-Site/Omni-0FF-Site ::

 

 




JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 Dana plz stop

 Dana plz stop


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
The Question is . . Is it more harm, than good ??????????

^

  re:: More Harm, than Good ?!????!?

 ^

 Dude . . please.  Hey, I asked you (JLY) specifically  on two separate occasions  to stop coming to this board! Everyone should know! And yet, here we all are !!

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Very candidly, I don't feel like breaking you in about being careful about labelling (~double-meaning)  and  who this is addressed to . . .

 

''The all-endowed" & "The all-gifted''

 

 

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Faith is

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

No. Faith is the wool you pull over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
No. Faith is the wool you pull over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

What is your story? you always seem very bitter and I can not define why

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Dana

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 Dana plz stop

 

   Why don't you ask God to intervene on your behalf ?  Perhaps he will have done to her what he had done to the prophets of Baal.  Wouldn't that solve your problem ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 Dana plz stop

 

   Why don't you ask God to intervene on your behalf ?  Perhaps he will have done to her what he had done to the prophets of Baal.  Wouldn't that solve your problem ?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only (uniquely) begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
No. Faith is the wool you pull over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

What is your story? you always seem very bitter and I can not define why

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have a story. I was always an atheist. What you see as bitterness is nothing more than an unwillingness to allow theists to reclaim the power over the state that they once enjoyed. In order to ensure that never happens, I intercept theist arguments that cross my desk and refute them. Ridicule follows, since it is a powerful weapon against those who attempt to defeat logic and reason with emotion and lies.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
No. Faith is the wool you pull over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

What is your story? you always seem very bitter and I can not define why

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have a story. I was always an atheist. What you see as bitterness is nothing more than an unwillingness to allow theists to reclaim the power over the state that they once enjoyed. In order to ensure that never happens, I intercept theist arguments that cross my desk and refute them. Ridicule follows, since it is a powerful weapon against those who attempt to defeat logic and reason with emotion and lies.

I have a slight bit of concern for you. 2 years ago, I did a 6 month gig teaching kids how to deal with things such as change, personal history, negative stress, daddy issues, you name it. I saw these negative hate filled attitudes tear these kids apart, and I felt so bad that they only had 5 days with me. I did whatever I could to impact their lives in such a short time.

maybe we can discuss things further to get to the root of your sadness, my friend.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I have a

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I have a slight bit of concern for you.

I have much concern for you, so I guess there's some balance.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I did a 6 month gig teaching kids how to deal with things such as change, personal history, negative stress, daddy issues, you name it.

If only you didn't use lies in the process. You might have done great good.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I saw these negative hate filled attitudes tear these kids apart, and I felt so bad that they only had 5 days with me. I did whatever I could to impact their lives in such a short time.

I'm glad you only had 5 days. I'd be ecstatic if you'd had none at all. You can't cure those things with more of the same. The bible is the epitome of hate, jealousy, negativity, daddy issues, and more.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
maybe we can discuss things further to get to the root of your sadness, my friend.

My sadness is largely rooted in watching billions of people waste their lives and other peoples lives because they find a fantasy more compelling than reality. Fantasy is great, don't get me wrong. But only when you can acknowledge that it is fantasy. Not when you replace reality with it. Our species could be a lot better off if so many billions of people didn't invest so much energy in something that doesn't exist.

Why are you so scared of death that you must latch on to belief in immortality? Why are you so scared of finding out what existence is that you must latch on to the beliefs of primitive and ignorant people who died thousands of years ago? Why can't you find your own meaning to life, instead of letting other people tell you what the meaning is?

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
I have a slight bit of concern for you.
I have much concern for you, so I guess there's some balance.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
I did a 6 month gig teaching kids how to deal with things such as change, personal history, negative stress, daddy issues, you name it.
If only you didn't use lies in the process. You might have done great good.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
I saw these negative hate filled attitudes tear these kids apart, and I felt so bad that they only had 5 days with me. I did whatever I could to impact their lives in such a short time.
I'm glad you only had 5 days. I'd be ecstatic if you'd had none at all. You can't cure those things with more of the same. The bible is the epitome of hate, jealousy, negativity, daddy issues, and more.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
maybe we can discuss things further to get to the root of your sadness, my friend.
My sadness is largely rooted in watching billions of people waste their lives and other peoples lives because they find a fantasy more compelling than reality. Fantasy is great, don't get me wrong. But only when you can acknowledge that it is fantasy. Not when you replace reality with it. Our species could be a lot better off if so many billions of people didn't invest so much energy in something that doesn't exist. Why are you so scared of death that you must latch on to belief in immortality? Why are you so scared of finding out what existence is that you must latch on to the beliefs of primitive and ignorant people who died thousands of years ago? Why can't you find your own meaning to life, instead of letting other people tell you what the meaning is?

 

We are human beings, not just some "species" as you say. Children of God.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Human beings are a species

Human beings are a species of animal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Go now! Don't look back, we've drawn the lines.. Move on

re:: I think you've got some 'splainin' to do

 

  >  To the OP ( but is it every really On-Site,  I mean . .  really ?!?) ?

 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 Dana plz stop

 

   Why don't you ask God to intervene on your behalf ?  Perhaps he will have done to her what he had done to the prophets of Baal.  Wouldn't that solve your problem ?

  Re :: I think you've got some 'splainin' to do

 

 

 

 The things that could arise all because of Sarah's withdrawn emotional state . .

 

  KJV -- holy bible  (Authorized King James Version)


   '' This know also, that in the last days, that perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers . .without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce,

despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women

laden with LUSTS, led away with divers sins, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth! Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these

also resist the truth: persons of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men . .

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived ''

 



 


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 Dana plz stop

 

   Why don't you ask God to intervene on your behalf ?  Perhaps he will have done to her what he had done to the prophets of Baal.  Wouldn't that solve your problem ?

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only (uniquely) begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

 

   Yup, and God "loved the world" when he flooded the entire Earth and killed every human being ( including infants ) except those in Noah's family.  That's some weird love.

 

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Human beings

Vastet wrote:
Human beings are a species of animal. Nothing more, nothing less.

NO FUCKING SHIT, and I agree, which makes you a fucking brat because you don't like me.

It is EXACTLY what Stenger is saying, that our common behaviors are IN US, not fucking religion. Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is because we are ANIMALS, and just like other mammals who display cooperation and agression, we do the same. 

You are too fucking stupid while RIGHFULLY making that statement. too fucking stupid, just like theists, to understand what I do, that when I observe my own cat, rub his paws like RITUAL, like wiping your feat or using a napkin, he does that prior to eating his food or drinking his water. He sees a pattern that he thinks works for him. No other cat I have had prior does that, even though they had their own rituals. 

Religion exists for much the same reason you can absurve an animal, like a dog or cat challenging it's own reflection in a mirror. So don't fucking rightfully call us animals then ignore the false perceptions humans have. 

YES we are animals, so get a fucking clue jackass.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15756
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 The title of the thread

 The title of the thread just hit me "The threat of Atheism", 

Is like saying "The threat of knowing Thor does not make lightening".

Yea, it sucks that we don't believe in Isis or Horus. It sucks that we no longer believe the earth is flat. Good thing we didn't listen to Christian men who beat Susan B Anthony up for wanting the right to vote. Damned good thing we don't question the religious excuses of Islam and the treatment of women.

I agree though, it is a threat, and rightfully so. Not to human rights, but a threat to bad claims, bad ideas, and theocracy.  So when a theist calls "atheism" a "threat", they say it like it is a bad thing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Human beings are a species of animal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Said a bunch of crap not worth repeating

I usually ignore your posts but I was actually enjoying reading this thread and Dana's artistic posts until you came along and spewed your crap all over the place.

Please clean up after yourself and leave because every time you post a message you are wasting valuable space on the hard drive, not to forget mentioning bandwidth.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
please no fighting.....no

please no fighting.....no reason for it.....


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:NO FUCKING

Brian37 wrote:
NO FUCKING SHIT

Brian thinks that agreeing with a ridiculously obvious statement makes up for thousands of lies spanning nearly a decade. Brian is wrong, of course.

Brian37 wrote:
which makes you a fucking brat because you don't like me.

Brian is clearly the mental equivalent of 3 years old.

Brian37 wrote:
It is EXACTLY what Stenger is saying, that our common behaviors are IN US, not fucking religion.

Brian lies again, and continues to demonstrate his ignorance of everything.

Brian37 wrote:
Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is because we are ANIMALS, and just like other mammals who display cooperation and agression, we do the same. 

More ignorance and lies.

Brian37 wrote:
You are too fucking stupid while RIGHFULLY making that statement. too fucking stupid, just like theists, to understand what I do, that when I observe my own cat, rub his paws like RITUAL, like wiping your feat or using a napkin, he does that prior to eating his food or drinking his water. He sees a pattern that he thinks works for him. No other cat I have had prior does that, even though they had their own rituals. 

Brian continues to demonstrate his ignorance and to lie.

Brian37 wrote:
Religion exists for much the same reason you can absurve an animal, like a dog or cat challenging it's own reflection in a mirror. So don't fucking rightfully call us animals then ignore the false perceptions humans have. 

Even more ignorance and lies.

Brian37 wrote:
YES we are animals, so get a fucking clue jackass.

Brian would actually get smarter if he killed himself, that's how stupid he is.

Brian37 wrote:
The title of the thread just hit me "The threat of Atheism", 

Is like saying "The threat of knowing Thor does not make lightening".

Brian is wrong again.

Brian37 wrote:
Yea, it sucks that we don't believe in Isis or Horus. It sucks that we no longer believe the earth is flat. Good thing we didn't listen to Christian men who beat Susan B Anthony up for wanting the right to vote. Damned good thing we don't question the religious excuses of Islam and the treatment of women.

Brian is so ignorant that his mere existence pollutes humanity with more stupidity.

Brian37 wrote:
I agree though, it is a threat, and rightfully so. Not to human rights, but a threat to bad claims, bad ideas, and theocracy.  So when a theist calls "atheism" a "threat", they say it like it is a bad thing.

So stupid...

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:please

JesusLovesYou wrote:

please no fighting.....no reason for it.....

 

   Don't worry about them.   They're atheists so they don't actually have emotions. 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian is no atheist.

Brian is no atheist.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian is no

Vastet wrote:
Brian is no atheist.

And neither is Vastet, who has made a god out of science


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  We

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

 

We are human beings, not just some "species" as you say. Children of God.

 

                             Ecclesiastes 3:18  "I said to myself concerning the sons of men, 'God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts.' For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so does the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beasts, for all is vanity.  All go to the same place.  All came from the dust and all return to the dust."

 

                     The divinely inspired author of Ecclesiates ( allegedly Solomon ) does a pretty good job of bringing man down to the level of mere beasts.  So much for man's lofty status when even mankind's Creator® proclaims through a Jewish King that their is no advantage for man over beasts.  

 

 

    Okay, here's where you fall back on "context" and what these verses REALLY mean.  Have at it !

 

                        

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: And

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 

And neither is Vastet, who has made a god out of science

 

                                                                                                              BEHOLD YOUR GOD !!!!

 

                                                                      

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian is no atheist.

And neither is Vastet, who has made a god out of science

Liar.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close

 >  And,  A dishonest man spreads strife,  and a whisperer  separates close friends . .

 

     And the accusations continue to fly, some-things never change !!

 

  

  
    
 

 

    

 







 

 

 

 p.p.s. --  Off - site, you should know: And the accusations continue to fly.  Was it something I posted ?!?? 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Indistinguishable from generations to the generational gaps !

 R e  ::  Indistinguishable from generations to the generational gaps !

^ 

 I Am  sensing a fear of  commitment or tampering w/ sabotage, Maybe ?

  >  Perhaps  I'm getting too far ahead of things. However,  I am  sensing a fear of  commitment or tampering w/ sabotage, possibility ?

 

  Image Upload(s)  (Continuation of, a very real, conceived future) ::

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

 ps -- Onset of an initial fear is understandable,  when bombarded with fragmentary images to a greater story !!
 

 


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
> Soothed by the sweetest lullabies, take flight !

   Re ::  . . Soothed by the sweetest lullabies, take flight !

 

 
  

 
 


Jabberwocky
atheist
Posts: 411
Joined: 2012-04-21
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian is no atheist.

And neither is Vastet, who has made a god out of science

I would love for you to provide a comprehensive description of how that is that Vastet has "made a god out of science"

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.