the threat of atheism

JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
the threat of atheism

 Common atheist flaws

the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness

I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Thank you, Old Seer, for answering my question. I'm not sure if that post was actually directed at me or not, but either way, you answered it.

JesusLovesYou has not. That's fine though. I'm used to being ignored.

Lol.

The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Asking a ridiculous and unrelated question is not an answer. I thought you were smart. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 B37 wrote:Is it possible

 

B37 wrote:

Is it possible for you to consider you merely got sold an old comic book and that your religion is merely one of a slew concocted by humans in our species history? You'd have us believe out of the 10,000 pluss  different sects of Christianity somehow luck us, you found the cosmic bat phone and talk to your sky hero? Yet you rightfully reject the claims of Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists.  7 billion humans and somehow magically you got it right.

Yet somehow you rightfully reject claims of the Egyptian gods, the Greek and Roman gods and the God claims of everyone else besides your own.

You'd have me take a book seriously that talks about men magically popping out dirt, women magically popping out of a man's rib, after knowing what DNA is? You'd have me by claims of magic babies knowing it takes two sets of DNA? You'd have me take you seriously about magic zombie god who survives rigor mortis? You'd have me take a book seriously that makes claims of talking snakes, talking donkeys talking bushes?

You might as well be trying to convince me Harry Potter really can fly around on a broom in reality. Can't stop you by law from believing that garbage, but please don't think regergitating old comic books written by bronze age ignorant men will impress anyone here. 

 

 Well first off, all those different sects of Christianity can be broke down into 3 categories: Episcopal, Presbeterian, and Congregational.

Between those categories the differences are mostly non Salvific matters. Christians as a whole accept believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, as Romans 10:9 states.

and where do you get this "comic book" and "cosmic bat phone" nonsense you keep regurgitating?

 

 

 

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Thank you, Old Seer, for answering my question. I'm not sure if that post was actually directed at me or not, but either way, you answered it.

JesusLovesYou has not. That's fine though. I'm used to being ignored.

Lol.

The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Asking a ridiculous and unrelated question is not an answer. I thought you were smart. 

it is neither ridiculous or unrelated. Jesus said those were the two greatest commandments, so how can you have one without the other?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
The difference is. To B37

None of those are actually Christian and never were. They think they are but we see there're not.

The main diffeernce is,they interpret Creation to be a material undertaking (the material universe). We interpret Creation to be spiritual and the rudiments that create a personage. Our's brings out a totally different meaning to the book. Only one of those can be correct. If ours is correct then "they" have to go away. They can't possibly be who or what they say they are. Now there are competing interptretation types of the book. One one account ---they have never seen or comprehended a differenly based interptretation. That prove the Pope is not infallable--if he was he would have seen it. Thsi also proves all religions to be bogus. IE- The middle easterns peoplesaredecendaent os Adam, if they don't understand Adam their religion cannot be true. It's Spiritual/mental Creation that is the key to the book,  not the forming of the material universe. We cannot find any reference in the book that says there is a super human being running or creating the universe. On the first count (this will be hard to understand) rightful Christianity is a "person" not an organized religion. It is a personal adjustment to one's person from certain facts understood ,and when made no organized religion is necessary. You may have a problen understanding what this diffrence of interpretation means. It'snor another sect of Christianity, but shows quite clearly that the worlds idea of Christianity is not Christianity.

All take note. I'll be on a transport for the next 4 to 10 days. I transport motorcycles, golf carts , ATVs, snowmoblies and small heavy equipment So I have to head out today,and won't be in a position to post for a while.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:None of those

Old Seer wrote:

None of those are actually Christian and never were. They think they are but we see there're not.

The main diffeernce is,they interpret Creation to be a material undertaking (the material universe). We interpret Creation to be spiritual and the rudiments that create a personage. Our's brings out a totally different meaning to the book. Only one of those can be correct. If ours is correct then "they" have to go away. They can't possibly be who or what they say they are. Now there are competing interptretation types of the book. One one account ---they have never seen or comprehended a differenly based interptretation. That prove the Pope is not infallable--if he was he would have seen it. Thsi also proves all religions to be bogus. IE- The middle easterns peoplesaredecendaent os Adam, if they don't understand Adam their religion cannot be true. It's Spiritual/mental Creation that is the key to the book,  not the forming of the material universe. We cannot find any reference in the book that says there is a super human being running or creating the universe. On the first count (this will be hard to understand) rightful Christianity is a "person" not an organized religion. It is a personal adjustment to one's person from certain facts understood ,and when made no organized religion is necessary. You may have a problen understanding what this diffrence of interpretation means. It'snor another sect of Christianity, but shows quite clearly that the worlds idea of Christianity is not Christianity.

All take note. I'll be on a transport for the next 4 to 10 days. I transport motorcycles, golf carts , ATVs, snowmoblies and small heavy equipment So I have to head out today,and won't be in a position to post for a while.

again what is your authority? What is your proof that a creator does not exist

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Beyond

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Thank you, Old Seer, for answering my question. I'm not sure if that post was actually directed at me or not, but either way, you answered it.

JesusLovesYou has not. That's fine though. I'm used to being ignored.

Lol.

The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Asking a ridiculous and unrelated question is not an answer. I thought you were smart. 

it is neither ridiculous or unrelated. Jesus said those were the two greatest commandments, so how can you have one without the other?

It is both ridiculous and unrelated. The suggestion that you can't love your neighbour if you don't love something that doesn't exist is false. Answer the question.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Old Seer

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

None of those are actually Christian and never were. They think they are but we see there're not.

The main diffeernce is,they interpret Creation to be a material undertaking (the material universe). We interpret Creation to be spiritual and the rudiments that create a personage. Our's brings out a totally different meaning to the book. Only one of those can be correct. If ours is correct then "they" have to go away. They can't possibly be who or what they say they are. Now there are competing interptretation types of the book. One one account ---they have never seen or comprehended a differenly based interptretation. That prove the Pope is not infallable--if he was he would have seen it. Thsi also proves all religions to be bogus. IE- The middle easterns peoplesaredecendaent os Adam, if they don't understand Adam their religion cannot be true. It's Spiritual/mental Creation that is the key to the book,  not the forming of the material universe. We cannot find any reference in the book that says there is a super human being running or creating the universe. On the first count (this will be hard to understand) rightful Christianity is a "person" not an organized religion. It is a personal adjustment to one's person from certain facts understood ,and when made no organized religion is necessary. You may have a problen understanding what this diffrence of interpretation means. It'snor another sect of Christianity, but shows quite clearly that the worlds idea of Christianity is not Christianity.

All take note. I'll be on a transport for the next 4 to 10 days. I transport motorcycles, golf carts , ATVs, snowmoblies and small heavy equipment So I have to head out today,and won't be in a position to post for a while.

again what is your authority? What is your proof that a creator does not exist

What is your proof that a creator exists? It can't be the bible, it was written by man and is not only self contradictory but also replete with falsehoods. It can't be jesus because there's no evidence jesus existed. It can't be irreducible complexity because that hypothesis was proven false. It can't be miracles because there's no such thing.

In the absence of evidence for a creator, and the absence of a need for a creator to explain existence, the evidence for no creator is the lack of evidence for a creator.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
To Vastet

You a re proof there is a creator. You have been created have you not. Then there's a creator. You were created bt the forces and processes of evolution. I gotta run. Time to be on the interstate.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:You a re

Old Seer wrote:

You a re proof there is a creator. You have been created have you not. Then there's a creator. You were created bt the forces and processes of evolution. I gotta run. Time to be on the interstate.

You clearly don't understand the definition of creation in this context. No, I was not created. I was born. There is a MASSIVE difference. The term creation implies I popped into existence out of nowhere. When in fact my mother was born with the egg that would become me already inside her. That egg formed in her mothers womb by the work of gentetic machinery. There was no creation, there was only construction.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Old Seer

Vastet wrote:
Old Seer wrote:

You a re proof there is a creator. You have been created have you not. Then there's a creator. You were created bt the forces and processes of evolution. I gotta run. Time to be on the interstate.

You clearly don't understand the definition of creation in this context. No, I was not created. I was born. There is a MASSIVE difference. The term creation implies I popped into existence out of nowhere. When in fact my mother was born with the egg that would become me already inside her. That egg formed in her mothers womb by the work of gentetic machinery. There was no creation, there was only construction.

construction is creation. Yes we all know how babies are made. Every single one of us took health class in high school. 

Now, that process of a baby forming inside a womb was created by God. God created the first of everything and gave them childbirth. Hence why God TOLD man THEY had to procreate. There is NOTHING that says that God created every single human being out of the dust of the earth.

So, yes you were born due to creation. And if you want to say it, your mom and dad CREATED you.

Man was created in the image of God, hence given the ability to create.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
chick-chicky boom -- Procreation

 . . chick-chicky boom -- Procreation

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

 

 

 

          

 

  F i n


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Groovy. This conversation

Groovy. This conversation reminds me of the earlier years of this forum.  

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Alright, I'll walk through this again, step by step, Barney style.

In post #34, I wrote:

butterbattle wrote:
Is it possible for an atheist to love his/her neighbors?

I was looking for a simple "yes" or "no" answer to this question, like "yes, it is possible" or "no, it is not possible."

I didn't get any response, so I quoted it in post #101.

For emphasis, Beyond even quoted me again in post #118.

Finally, you responded by quoting Beyond in post #119.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Is it possible for an atheist to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, and soul, and with all their strength? To believe the Lord their God is one?

You did not say, "yes, it is possible" nor "no, it is not possible" nor even made an obvious implication towards either answer. So, no, you did not answer my question. You did not give me an answer.

However, I still gave a very clear answer to your question. In post #128, I wrote:

butterbattle wrote:
No, it's definitively not possible.

So, at this point:

1) You still have not given me a "yes" or "no" answer to my question.

2) I addressed each of your posts and answered your question.

3) I asked you first.

Yet, in post #149, you somehow formed the conclusion:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Hmm, strange. I don't see anywhere where you answered with "yes, it is possible" or "no, it is not possible," yet you say you already my answered my question. Additionally, you say I ignored it even though I already responded to you.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
it is neither ridiculous or unrelated. Jesus said those were the two greatest commandments, so how can you have one without the other?

Ah, there it is. Eureka!

Finally, I can deduce what your answer is. Your answer is 'no, it is not possible.' You still didn't give me an actual straight answer, but I can guess.

Since you are far too intellectually dishonest and full of yourself to explain, I'll explain your perspective in depth for the benefit of everyone else here. 

ButterTranslate (JLY >> English) wrote:
 In the Bible (begging the question), Jesus commands us (begging the question) to love God and love people (begging the question). Ergo, if atheists cannot love God, they cannot love people (non sequitur, naked assertion, possible category error, using a definition to justify an unrelated generalization). Ergo, (based on same non sequitur) you atheists say you love people, but really it's not possible (semantic fallacy, counter-inductive); they either don't actually love people (semantic fallacy, counter-inductive) or they aren't actually atheists (counter-inductive, no true scotsman ad hoc).

In conclusion, I did answer your question because the answer was implicated in my question; your answer to my question is my answer. You admitted that you can't love God. Well, as I just explained, then you can't love people either. Duh! If you just read my mind or your critical thinking process was as messed up as mine, you would know that's what I was thinking.

So.....no. You didn't give me an answer. However, you did leak me enough information to discover the answer. Thank you for that. I consider this issue resolved, and I will not ask the same question again.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Okay, here is my next

Okay, here is my next question. This one is really really hard (not even Fonzie could answer).

If, hypothetically, Christianity was proven to you to be false, would you still choose to be a Christian? 

(Note: This is also a 'yes' or 'no' question)

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
ButterTranslate (JLY >>

ButterTranslate (JLY >> English) wrote:
 In the Bible (begging the question), Jesus commands us (begging the question) to love God and love people (begging the question). Ergo, if atheists cannot love God, they cannot love people (non sequitur, naked assertion, possible category error, using a definition to justify an unrelated generalization). Ergo, (based on same non sequitur) you atheists say you love people, but really it's not possible (semantic fallacy, counter-inductive); they either don't actually love people (semantic fallacy, counter-inductive) or they aren't actually atheists (counter-inductive, no true scotsman ad hoc).

In conclusion, I did answer your question because the answer was implicated in my question; your answer to my question is my answer. You admitted that you can't love God. Well, as I just explained, then you can't love people either. Duh! If you just read my mind or your critical thinking process was as messed up as mine, you would know that's what I was thinking.

Lol

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Okay,

butterbattle wrote:

Okay, here is my next question. This one is really really hard (not even Fonzie could answer).

If, hypothetically, Christianity was proven to you to be false, would you still choose to be a Christian? 

(Note: This is also a 'yes' or 'no' question)

 

To answer yes or no to this question I would have to have some degree of a lack of faith, which I do not. This question is unanswerable.

without faith it is impossible to please God.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
I see. Thank you for the

I see. Thank you for the honest response (and the interesting comment on faith). I have no more questions for now.

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:
construction is creation.

No it isn't.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Now, that process of a baby forming inside a womb was created by God.

No, it wasn't.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
God created the first of everything and gave them childbirth.

Genetics proves this a lie.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Hence why God TOLD man THEY had to procreate.

Procreation was occurring for millions of years before man created your god.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
There is NOTHING that says that God created every single human being out of the dust of the earth.

The bible says it.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
So, yes you were born due to creation.

Nope.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
And if you want to say it, your mom and dad CREATED you.

Nope.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Man was created in the image of God, hence given the ability to create.

Nope. Your god was created in the image of man.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
construction is creation.
No it isn't.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Now, that process of a baby forming inside a womb was created by God.
No, it wasn't.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
God created the first of everything and gave them childbirth.
Genetics proves this a lie.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Hence why God TOLD man THEY had to procreate.
Procreation was occurring for millions of years before man created your god.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
There is NOTHING that says that God created every single human being out of the dust of the earth.
The bible says it.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
So, yes you were born due to creation.
Nope.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
And if you want to say it, your mom and dad CREATED you.
Nope.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Man was created in the image of God, hence given the ability to create.
Nope. Your god was created in the image of man.

I don't know where you get that, because numerous times in the Bible it is stated that a baby develops in the mothers womb, and it also states that babies come from the act of intercourse.

God gave the charge "go forth and multiply". So no the Bible does NOT say that every single human being was created from the dust of the earth. Only happened once.

Yes, our parents passed their genetic make-up to us, and we passed our genetic make-up to our children. I am not and never was denying that.

God gave all life the ability to do that. Genetics happen because God mandated it to happen.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I don't

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I don't know where you get that, because numerous times in the Bible it is stated that a baby develops in the mothers womb, and it also states that babies come from the act of intercourse.

That was after.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
God gave the charge "go forth and multiply". So no the Bible does NOT say that every single human being was created from the dust of the earth. Only happened once.

Exactly.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Yes, our parents passed their genetic make-up to us, and we passed our genetic make-up to our children. I am not and never was denying that.

And our ancient ancestors were single celled organisms which also passed on their genes. The human species did not arise from 2 individuals, as genetics has proven.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
God gave all life the ability to do that. Genetics happen because God mandated it to happen.

Nope. Evolution.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:
I don't know where you get that, because numerous times in the Bible it is stated that a baby develops in the mothers womb, and it also states that babies come from the act of intercourse.
That was after.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
God gave the charge "go forth and multiply". So no the Bible does NOT say that every single human being was created from the dust of the earth. Only happened once.
Exactly.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
Yes, our parents passed their genetic make-up to us, and we passed our genetic make-up to our children. I am not and never was denying that.
And our ancient ancestors were single celled organisms which also passed on their genes. The human species did not arise from 2 individuals, as genetics has proven.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
God gave all life the ability to do that. Genetics happen because God mandated it to happen.
Nope. Evolution.

You are a bandwagon atheist. It is obvious that you are constantly trying to convince yourself about what you think you need to believe.

Your arguments have no foundation. 

Do you even work in the field of genetics? 

I am an electronics technician in the aviaton sector. That is what I know. I wouldn't go around teaching airframes and powerplants.

 

The claim that childbirth and intercourse were a later addition to the Bible is unfounded.

previous post you claimed that the Bible states that all humans were formed from the dust of the earth, I came back and said no, because......and you then said exactly. So you don't even know what you are talking about.

Everything coming from a single celled organism? Again, you work in genetics? I'm going to guess you are basing off what you read, being biased a certain direction.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 @JesusLovesYouYou are

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.

how am I screwed?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Dream, a little dream with me ?!?

 > Dream, a little dream with me ?!?

 

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

 

  >   Now , Don't we  all  start to feel better,  truly (hehe) !    Who do you think  this would be addressed to now ?!??    Hhmmmmm !!

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:You are

JesusLovesYou wrote:
You are a bandwagon atheist.

You are a bandwagon theist.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
It is obvious that you are constantly trying to convince yourself about what you think you need to believe.

It is obvious that you are constantly trying to convince yourself about what you think you need to believe.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Do you even work in the field of genetics? 

Do you?

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I am an electronics technician in the aviaton sector. That is what I know. I wouldn't go around teaching airframes and powerplants.

So you aren't qualified to say I'm wrong. You also aren't qualified to assess the veracity of any portion of your religion. By your own implication.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The claim that childbirth and intercourse were a later addition to the Bible is unfounded.

I never made that claim, so it doesn't matter. More to the point, the bible itself didn't even exist until centuries after the events it claims occurred, so by definition the entire book is a late addition to the christian cult.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
previous post you claimed that the Bible states that all humans were formed from the dust of the earth, I came back and said no, because......and you then said exactly. So you don't even know what you are talking about.

Since you can't add 1 and 1 to make 2 I'll spell it out for you. If the first humans were created from dust, and all othe humans were descended from those humans, then all humans are descended from dust. It's really very simple.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Everything coming from a single celled organism? Again, you work in genetics? I'm going to guess you are basing off what you read, being biased a certain direction.

Again, do you? Oh that's right you don't. Therefore you aren't qualified to dispute the claim. Obviously you are basing off what you read, being biased a certain direction.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 I may have bandwagoned it

 I may have bandwagoned it in the beginning, but through multiple churches, I have come to know and understand Christ, and have made my faith personal.

so neither of us can argue genetics. Genetics removes itself from the table. 

I know my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He had saved me, and led me through His Word. I know what it says.

throwing rewritten statements back at me is poor debate.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
well, in the words of the

well, in the words of the great sister rosetta tharpe, "when people jump from church to church, you know that their conversion don't amount to much."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, in the

iwbiek wrote:
well, in the words of the great sister rosetta tharpe, "when people jump from church to church, you know that their conversion don't amount to much."

There is a difference between jumping from church to church and moving to different cities and states multiple times.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I have

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I have come to know and understand Christ, and have made my faith personal ( snip )

I know my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He had saved me, and led me through His Word. I know what it says.

 

 

     Your testimony is so forceful and compelling.  It's like nothing I've ever heard before. 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I may

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I may have bandwagoned it in the beginning, but through multiple churches, I have come to know and understand Christ, and have made my faith personal.

And yet it remains nothing more than belief in something for which you have no evidence.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
so neither of us can argue genetics. Genetics removes itself from the table. 

Wrong. YOU can't argue genetics, because you claim you must be a geneticist to argue genetics. As you aren't a geneticist, you would be a hypocrite to argue genetics.

I, on the other hand, know that one must only have sufficient understanding of a field to make arguments based on that field. I don't claim to be an expert genetiist, but neither do I claim that expertise is necessary. It is a simple fact that genetics has proved the human species did not arise from a single pair of humans. Thousands of experiments and peer reviewed studies have proved this conclusively. You can't deliver a single proof that the species originated with a single pair of humans. I can deliver at least thousands showing it cannot have. In fact, the entire medical field of science is based on this fact. Studies on cancer and ALS and every other disease are founded on the genetic facts that you, in your ignorance, claim to not be true.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I know my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He had saved me, and led me through His Word. I know what it says.

I know you are wrong. Noone has saved you, because you had nothing to be saved from. The words you worship are the ignorant ramblings of primitives who knew less about the world and the universe and everything than the average 6 year old today knows.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
throwing rewritten statements back at me is poor debate.

Not when the statements you make are self refuting and ignorant assertions. A debate is an argument where opposing sides throw evidence at each other. Not an argument where one person (you) makes shit up while the other person (me) throws evidence at the one making shit up. If you're going to accuse me of bias when you are quite clearly biased yourself, I will shove your accusation right back in your face. It is a perfectly legitimate response.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.

how am I screwed?

Why your god?


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.

how am I screwed?

Why your god?

first, you never answered my previous question

and second, why God what? Please complete your thought

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
 And vastet, the whole

 And vastet, the whole genetics thing is all a matter of perspective, what your bias is. There are Christian geneticists that have viable models of Adam

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: And

JesusLovesYou wrote:

 And vastet, the whole genetics thing is all a matter of perspective,

No it isn't. This comment proves you don't even have a passing familiarity with genetics.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
what your bias is.

Only you have a bias.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
There are Christian geneticists that have viable models of Adam

 

That is a lie.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.

how am I screwed?

Why your god?

first, you never answered my previous question

and second, why God what? Please complete your thought

I did complete my thought. Why your god?

In order for me to tell you why you are screwed it must come in multiple levels of a review of "your god".


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 @JesusLovesYou

You are screwed. Your god is self centered, self supporting and self serving.

how am I screwed?

Why your god?

first, you never answered my previous question

and second, why God what? Please complete your thought

I did complete my thought. Why your god?

In order for me to tell you why you are screwed it must come in multiple levels of a review of "your god".

again, why God what?

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: again,

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again, why God what?

Why not a god from hinduism?

Why christianity?


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again, why God what?

Why not a god from hinduism?

Why christianity?

You seem to be stuck on religion. Quoting from the Bible: they were called Christians first at Ephesus. It is about developing a relationship with our Saviour, not following religious dogmas.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
Posts: 1951
Joined: 2011-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Really?!? Would you like to provide some supporting data ?

  R e :: Really?!?   Would you like to provide some supporting data ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

   .. YouTube video ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U768-gCY0ds

 

   YouTube  search is and would be ..  'Michael Card' ..title:: The Final Word.

 

 

 

 

 

  View Uploaded  Maps (Yes, Please)  --

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

  

 
 


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

 And vastet, the whole genetics thing is all a matter of perspective,

No it isn't. This comment proves you don't even have a passing familiarity with genetics.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
what your bias is.
Only you have a bias.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
There are Christian geneticists that have viable models of Adam

 

That is a lie.

here is a link 

http://www.icr.org/article/genetics-research-confirms-biblical/

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

 And vastet, the whole genetics thing is all a matter of perspective,

No it isn't. This comment proves you don't even have a passing familiarity with genetics.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
what your bias is.
Only you have a bias.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
There are Christian geneticists that have viable models of Adam

 

That is a lie.

here is a link 

http://www.icr.org/article/genetics-research-confirms-biblical/

Lol, epic fail.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again, why God what?

Why not a god from hinduism?

Why christianity?

You seem to be stuck on religion. Quoting from the Bible: they were called Christians first at Ephesus. It is about developing a relationship with our Saviour, not following religious dogmas.

The entire point of this forum, this website and why we are here discussing subjects is because of religion or those of us who lack it. I believe this is supported by all your posts which all seem to be related to religion.

You seem to be stuck on ignoring the question, but since my clarification previous is too vague for you...

When I ask "Why your god?" it encompasses everything. Why do you believe in your god? Why should we believe in your god? Why not the gods of Hinduism or Norse? Why does your god exist? Why do we know your god exists?

So back to the question. Why your god?


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

again, why God what?

Why not a god from hinduism?

Why christianity?

You seem to be stuck on religion. Quoting from the Bible: they were called Christians first at Ephesus. It is about developing a relationship with our Saviour, not following religious dogmas.

The entire point of this forum, this website and why we are here discussing subjects is because of religion or those of us who lack it. I believe this is supported by all your posts which all seem to be related to religion.

You seem to be stuck on ignoring the question, but since my clarification previous is too vague for you...

When I ask "Why your god?" it encompasses everything. Why do you believe in your god? Why should we believe in your god? Why not the gods of Hinduism or Norse? Why does your god exist? Why do we know your god exists?

So back to the question. Why your god?

 

You are stuck on the possessive your. That implies God belongs to me, which He doesnt. He is the God of creation that died for all of our sins. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:here is

 

                                                                                       

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Lol, epic fail.

Looks pretty legit.........................lol

Institute for Creation Research wrote:
One of the investigation's conclusions was that the human genome began to rapidly diversify not more than 5,000 years ago.1,2 This observation closely agrees with a biblical timeline of post-flood human diversification.

zzzzz.....

Institute for Creation Research wrote:
In addition, they found significant levels of variation to be associated with degradation of the human genome, not forward evolutionary progress. This fits closely with research performed by Cornell University geneticist John Sanford who demonstrated through biologically realistic population genetic modeling that genomes actually devolve over time in a process called genetic entropy.5

Ooohh, "degradation" instead of "progress." I didn't know that was a thing. Too bad biologists didn't know either. Tell me when the Nobel Prize is handed out. 

Insitute for Creation Research wrote:
Tomkins, J. 2012. Human DNA Variation Linked to Biblical Event Timeline. Creation Science Update. Posted on icr.org July 23, 2012, accessed December 31, 2012.

 

Tennessen, J. et al. 2012. Evolution and Functional Impact of Rare Coding Variation from Deep Sequencing of Human Exomes. Science. 337 (6090): 64-69.

Fu, W, et al. Analysis of 6,515 exomes reveals the recent origin of most human protein-coding variants. Nature. Published online before print, July 13, 2012.

Keinan, A and A. Clark. 2012. Recent Explosive Human Population Growth Has Resulted in an Excess of Rare Genetic Variants. Science. 336 (6082): 740-743.

Sanford, J. C. 2008. Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome, 3rd ed. Waterloo, NY: FMS Publications.

Referencing another one of your own discredited papers: questionable.

Referencing others people's scientific papers without context and pretending they support your religion when they don't: dishonest.

Referencing the Bible, but not discussing it in references: priceless.

Edit: Sometimes, you just have to pretend science is on your side. When that's not enough.......screw it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
              

 

 

                                                                                          

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Beyond

butterbattle wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Lol, epic fail.

Looks pretty legit.........................lol

 

A graph and numbers, that makes it scientific FACT!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:You are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are stuck on the possessive your. That implies God belongs to me, which He doesnt. He is the God of creation that died for all of our sins. 

You are avoiding the question. I never said you possessed your god.

Also your faith belongs to you and is not the faith of others.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
http://www.icr.org/how-we-do-

http://www.icr.org/how-we-do-research

Quote:
ICR’s Approach to Scientific Investigation

Quote:
Our research is conducted within a biblical worldview, since ICR is committed to the absolute authority of the inerrant Word of God.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

http://www.icr.org/how-we-do-research

Quote:
ICR’s Approach to Scientific Investigation

Quote:
Our research is conducted within a biblical worldview, since ICR is committed to the absolute authority of the inerrant Word of God.

Yes, but there is a graph and footnotes in that little font, that means it is official and scientific.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are stuck on the possessive your. That implies God belongs to me, which He doesnt. He is the God of creation that died for all of our sins. 

You are avoiding the question. I never said you possessed your god.

Also your faith belongs to you and is not the faith of others.

 

You are correct my faith is mine, however that does not change that Christ died for our sins. I am not avoiding the question, you are avoiding the answer.

Deuteronomy 6:4 The Lord our God is one; and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might.

John 8:58 Before Abraham was, I AM.

Revelation 1:8, 22:13, Revelation 21:6 I AM the Alpha and Omega.

 

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.