the threat of atheism

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
the threat of atheism

Common atheist flaws

the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness

I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Is it

butterbattle wrote:

Is it possible for an atheist to love his/her neighbors?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Forgive me old seer, but

Forgive me old seer, but you are a very hard read, so I'm asking Lots of questions.

first off, I think you misunderstand baptism. Christianity does not teach about magic water. Nowhere does the Bible say that. Change happens in the heart of the believer, and the baptism is an outward expression of faith in Christ, not the saving act. Then comes this thing that the Bible refers to as sanctification. I think you have an idea that a person can be instantly different. What biblical sanctification is, is a process of change, or growth. 

Now, what did Moses encounter on the mountain?

What did John the Baptist hear when he baptized Christ?

If there was no command to water baptize were the apostles wrong in the book of acts?

Why did Jesus say to pray?

Who did Jesus pray to?

Just to start.....

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Excellant.

Item 1- We don'tknow. Theory- We don't think at the time of the fall everyone did so. Not everyone falls for lies and deceptions. IE- Biblical passage- The prophet's before time were called Seers. OK, Beforefore "What" time??? We think before the fall. After the fall a new age for the genisis people in the bible begins. We don't mix the before and after peoplestogether. The Hebrews are only one lineage from Adam, and the tribes formed after the fall, so-Hebrew history dosen't mean much on that account. We're thinking it is the unfallen that are still on the side watching. They would be somewhat like us Seers today, or vice versa. We remain distant from societies and and advise from the "outside. That is, to avoid mental contaminations, participations in the world, future saftey to guard what is found so it can't be taken away again, maintain peace of mind, as the worldis highly hypocitical we'd rather not deal with it. That is why the count remains at 30, to avoid any new memebers as infitrators, to aviod being followed-true Christians aren't followers because they should be followin an ideal not other people- in true Christianity there's no one to follow as there is no heierarchy of power or status and a follower is a dupe not a believer-if your following another he has to lie in order to get followers and, there are no rituals, church buildings to build, no clergy. So we remain apart.

When Lot is sitiing outside the gate of Sodom one of these types approaches, and Lot identifies the person as a man. That's food for thought.

2- No the book dosen,t say magic water. I retract that. You say that it changes the heart and that I understamnd. But baptize a non believer and there's no change. What does "heart" mean in this application. Wouldn't it mean mind,or would it mean one's countenance or personal make up. A- if one already is a believer why get water baptise. It can only serve as a sign of recognition to others, if so, all well and good. I don't see any harm in it. I advise keeping it strictly in the symbolic area. Symbolism we see as just fine and dandy, the book is running over with them. What you read in creation is symbols for spiritual things. B-outward expression of faith-I can go with that. (don't take that as an appoval, it's not our place to approve )

3- No,we don't think change can be insatant, as I pointesd to in the previous,it willtakeyou timeto see what we are presenting for you analysis. We don't not say we are correct, that's for you to decide. We say we're correct, but we refrain from being correct for others.  People assimulate information differently, and at different levels of acceptance. It took us 30 yeras to date with this interpretaion. By now if we would know if it worth it or not.

4- Moses on the mountain- If we're correct on the Seers idea it would have been one or more of them.

5- Apostles baptize- Are you sure they mean H2O. In our understanding of creation water represents/symbolizes the mind, thought, cognation, thinking. Aftera bit if you keep going with this you'll see that the Apostles see creation as a spiritual undertaking not a material one. They taught spirituals and would be speaking/teaching from that reference. There's two waters of concern in creation. The waters above and waters below the firmament. These are the two states of mind that make up one's personality. Different combinations and intesities make different personalities. The waters above are the animal, and the waters below are the humane. The animal world strives for dominance and elevation above others. The human world operates on humility (note the prefex Hum). This will gave a bit of understanding on how our interpretaion of creation works out. Also, did not Satan (Nimrod) say. I will exalt myself "above" the heights of the heavens. That means he wants to make the animal the dominant mental state. This is the actual fall of the Adamites-when they were duped by Nimrod to put away their being human and retuning to the animal being (dust of the ground) they were previous. Also,the towerof Babylon. To be built above the heights of the heavens. Can't happen. Mudbrick can'tbe stacked above the clouds and you can bet along ways below that. The term "tower" represents the babylonian system of thought, as in , towering above each other. Mainly, it represents central government under the idea of "a few ruling over the many". Also notice that creations deals with the water "under" the firmament--because this is the creation of Adam, Later to become Christianity. Removing the animal as the important factors in society changes society, and that's what True Christianity is about, not the Euro version that is common. The world since ancient times as been under the Babylonian system. But that dosen't mean the Nimrod is the founder of all civilizations. It could be that it did soread everywhere as the bok says. There's no information when Nimrod instituted his deas, it could be as far back as 20,000 years. It's the more recent kings of Babylon that did the city building, so when Nimrod pulled his stunt  we don't know. What does all this have to do with baptism, baptism has to do with water, there's H2O water and there's cognative waters in the book which link to other things for coralation. So, Are you sure of what waters the apostles are refering to. The key is in how the words are usedand where placed in the sentence.

Be careful of the word "command". That's Euro, not JC. JC didn't command anything or anyone. That's unchristian like. He doesn't belong to a world of bossing people around. The Euros used alot of their terminology which doesn't fit and leads to things being highly hypocritical. We had quiote a bit of trouble with some things in the study of this book. One of the Smurfs figured  out why. Here was the problem. The Bible is not Euro, or English literature. There's a big difference on many expressions between Easterna and Western though and word usage. Look at it this way (to quote him), this wasn't written by Shakespeare. The book writings aren't necessarily sequenced as Euro literature which created great flaws in their interpretaion. For instance- there are three creations in Genesis. 1- the 7 days. 2- Where it says, these are the generations of the heavens and earth in the day= (knowledge/enlightenment) that the Lord God (forcesof thought) created it etc. This is another expresion and naritive of the 7 days=(enlightenments, spirits of God in rev, ) It's merely being put in other terms as "in other words" 3- These are the generations of Adam in the day =(knowledge, word) that the lord god created him. In the image of God= (the human side) created he him (Nimrod = God the animal side) and called "their" Note -"their" name Adam. This is also another expression of the 7 days being seen from a different perspective. Heavens and earth or the same as Adam and Eve. The masculine is Adam for mind thought, and Eve is feminine for earth or soul. Mother earth. The earth=woman is symbolic for the bringing forth of life. Masculine is waters needed to grow life. Of course now this would be spirtual life.

4- Are you sure it's "pray". Praying has proven to do nothing. How about replacing that with, comtemplation. Contemplation gets results. Euros were praying (probaby to the swamp God)long before they got the book. It's another thing of their adaptations. You have to understand the ancient Euros. Theyu were exceptionally supestisious, believed in magic and people like Merlin the magician, and couldn't accept the planetas  spherical when it was shown they were wrong, persecuted anyone and most likely killed anyone that had a different insight, opinion, or scientific proof of anything they had wrong, and then have the audacity to say they are compatible with science (theirs only of course). Now we know theyre dead wrong on a particular book. These are not the kind of people you want interpreting anything. They interpreted the book in a manner that keeps them at the top of the heap. Would you want a US Congressman interpreting the bible 1000 years ago. What would the interpretaion of the US Government be, or any other. Christinity is anti government. The apostles say so here-

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

What are the high places Smiling Seats of worldly power, right, Nimrod's crew. Would that be Nimrods high places? The Euro ruler wouldn'twant this to be them would they. Not hardly--but it is them and all like them. That's what Christianity is about. Walking away form these guys and become your own natural person.

4- He's talking to himself. His inner being. Contempleting the situation. What do you have in your mind if/when you pray. You want a solution to a problem, looking for an answer. If you go long enough you'll find a solution or you have to accept what is. JC ended up accepting what is/was. I stopped praying along time ago and replaced it with searching out and learning to handle a problem. Praying can also cause self confidence/consolation. One is taking the time to contemplate.

5-Baptised in the "Name" of JC-Are you sure you're understanding the term "name" as it is used in the passage. Name can be used in the context of--one making a name for himself. Reputation. noteriety, recognition, likeness of. Name in this case can also refer to principals.  This also is in regards to the baptism by fire idea. This isn't name as Charley, Pete, or Bob, It means JC's person, or in likeness of his person. That would be our interpretaion in how the term "name" is applied.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
We Belong, we belong, we belong .. together !

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

for the safety of my babies, and not knowing what psychos monitor this board, NO.

Be brave,  God will protect you.  The Book Of Psalms 121: 7    

Not  addressed to any regulars  on this website ::

We are family,  I don't got  all my sisters with me . .  We Belong, we belong, we belong .. together !

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDABD-ZYfos {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDABD-ZYfos}

This  Image   actually  beyonds  in  the late Fonzie's  old  Thread   but I placed in here for the time being  at  URL ::  http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/35014

Omni-All-Other  0FF-Site ::

View Uploaded posted pictures --

I've learned from sad experience, that just like words for love, kindness, knowing, and certitude of one's personal conviction, all have mulitple meanings. So, Does the word ''play'', at least in our larger culture. I hope I didn't push it by using a word like ''play'' or ''game'', especially  in my  three  separate puzzles going.  I'm reminded oddly of what  Scott McKnight  brought up once again, in what follows ::

A Mister Scott McKnight, author of “The Jesus Creed,” and "One.Faith: Jesus Calls, We Follow," acknowledges that young, single Christians face temptations that their counterparts in the biblical age didn’t face.

He  tells Relevant:

Sociologically speaking, the one big difference – and it’s monstrous – between the biblical teaching and our culture is the arranged marriages of very young people. If you get married when you’re 13, you don’t have 15 years of temptation.

So what should a Christian parent or youth pastor do? How do they convince more young Christians to wait until marriage, or should they stop even trying?

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
JC was asked about

marriage. He said--in his way there is no marriage.What God/Nature has joined let no man put asunder. In true Christianity the two join by their own authority, of course with proper parental guidance. Within the precepts of Adam there is no authorities over the person except the person. The precepts of Adam (later becomes Christianity) replace allpowers, pricipalities and authorities. It's back to square 1 on the spiritual/personal side of the universe. Adamis an "internal" government- one is governed by the personal and social forces one joins to. The fear of rejection if gone out of line "play" heavy in maintaining of proper human conduct. That's what fear of God is. The loosing of one's place in society by stepping out of bounds. It becomes up to the person to maintain the self in proper order. That concept won't work along side the system that exists. Proper Christianity/Adam cannot exist until after armageddenwhen the other side kills itself off by going out of control as in the time of Noah. Ref. JC-- It will be as in the days of Noah, they were eating and drinking (going about life as usual marrying and giving in marrage when the flood (Kill off-the hand of every man was against the other) came and took them all away. The prediction is that will happen as the final ending of the systems in place today. Passage-in a little while it will be as though they had never been.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey .. It's a party Where is EVERYBODY ?!?????

>  p.s. --  Non-This Site/ OFF-Site  ---  Where the sun is shining brightly over SOME and not others, . . . Hmm, WHY ?!??

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Ok. To address previous

Ok. To address previous post, point 5 is just a verse I put there years ago, no context given.

now, I never said baptism saves. Paul states baptism is a reflection of Jesus' death, burial, ressurection. Salvation happens in the heart (mind), and a person gets baptized BECAUSE they are saved, not to be saved. 

Jesus commanded that in Matthew 28:19. Jesus has all authority to command, being God. 

Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you.

that word commanded is the Greek word entello, which means to order, command to be done, enjoin. It also translates to: give commandment, give charge, enjoin, and charge.

the apostles carried out this commandment, and it is shown in the book of Acts. There are multiple accounts of baptism? How do we know they water baptized?

1. Their main audience was the Jews, and the Jews understood baptism in the context of John the Baptist.

2. A big  clue is Philip and the Ethiopian Euchich.

Acts 8:36b:

See, here is WATER; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 

Acts 8:38-39:

And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both INTO THE WATER, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when they were come up OUT OF THE WATER.....

A few more questions:

Jesus taught us how to pray, which prayer is the Greek word proseuchomai, which simply means to pray, or to offer prayers. So Jesus taught us how to pray. He said our father who art in heaven HALLOWED be thy name. THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE. So, Jesus says to revere the Father, and to anticipate the coming of His kingdom. Who was Jesus speaking of?

What was the pillars of fire and cloud that followed the hebrews?

the red sea splitting?

Jesus casting demons out of a man and into swine?

Why was it so important for Jesus to be in the line of King David?

What visited Mary and Joseph, and why were they told to be so specific with the name?

Why was Lazarus raised by Jesus, and why did He wait as long as He did to raise Him?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Ok. To address previous

Ok. To address previous post, point 5 is just a verse I put there years ago, no context given.

now, I never said baptism saves. Paul states baptism is a reflection of Jesus' death, burial, ressurection. Salvation happens in the heart (mind), and a person gets baptized BECAUSE they are saved, not to be saved. 

Jesus commanded that in Matthew 28:19. Jesus has all authority to command, being God. 

Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you.

that word commanded is the Greek word entello, which means to order, command to be done, enjoin. It also translates to: give commandment, give charge, enjoin, and charge.

the apostles carried out this commandment, and it is shown in the book of Acts. There are multiple accounts of baptism? How do we know they water baptized?

1. Their main audience was the Jews, and the Jews understood baptism in the context of John the Baptist.

And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both INTO THE WATER, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when they were come up OUT OF THE WATER.....

A few more questions:

Jesus taught us how to pray, which prayer is the Greek word proseuchomai, which simply means to pray, or to offer prayers. So Jesus taught us how to pray. He said our father who art in heaven HALLOWED be thy name. THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE. So, Jesus says to revere the Father, and to anticipate the coming of His kingdom. Who was Jesus speaking of?

the red sea splitting?

What visited Mary and Joseph, and why were they told to be so specific with the name?

Why was Lazarus raised by Jesus, and why did He wait as long as He did to raise Him?

ok you were also referencing Genesis 5. Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam. 

This was a reference to male and female together. He called them Adam. When I got married, we began to be referred to as Mr. and Mrs. (My first name, My last name).

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
*chomp chomp chomp*

*chomp chomp chomp*

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
. . (Merciless) The Fog of War (title:: The Fog of War ) --

> Re :: . .  (Merciless)  The  Fog  of War (title:: The Fog of War ) --

P.S. --  In  a  word : ''Unabating'',  . . .

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Danatemporary,Can you

Danatemporary,

Can you please make an attempt to stay relevant instead of continuously spamming?

V/r,

Me

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
In a word . . Sorry JLY but No !!

Westboro Baptist Church, a.k.a. - embarrassment wrote:
. . Can you please make an attempt to stay relevant instead of continuously spamming?

No,  but thanks for the helpful suggestion in that !!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol you go girl. *Chomp

lol you go girl.

*Chomp Chomp*

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
It sort of scares me, how visitors seem to . .

You know .. It sort of scares me, how visitors  seem to have the attention span(s) of a gerbil !

View  Single / Individual Upload (or Pic) --

p.s.-  On- Site  --  If there is a problem, just focus on what is important,  there is an idea, huh ?!?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 I mean no disrespect

I mean no disrespect danatemporary. There is a wonderful conversation going on here, and wanted to stay on topic.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: I mean

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I mean no disrespect danatemporary. There is a wonderful conversation going on here, and wanted to stay on topic.

Don't worry about Dana.  If you have something to say, then say it.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor Butter, always ignored.

butterbattle wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Is it possible for an atheist to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, and soul, and with all their strength? To believe the Lord their God is one?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Beyond

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Is it possible for an atheist to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind, and soul, and with all their strength? To believe the Lord their God is one?

Holy shit, my neighbor is god?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renounced the things hidden because of shame

Renounced the things hidden because of shame

Ahem! The term “atheist” describes a person who doesn't believe that God/gods/goddess(es) exists  ..  Oh  you're just **magic, broha !

Paul's Second Epistle TO CORINTH  states and tells us :: 

2 Corinthians 4:2-6d  New King James Version (NKJV)

''But we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.  But even if our Gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,  whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the Gospel of the glory of christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.  For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake.  For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face .. ''

p.s. --  Dana dear . . your anger is showing !!  Happy thoughts   Happy thoughts  . . .

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Ok. To

JesusLovesYou wrote:

A few more questions:

the red sea splitting?

Pillar of fire-don't know

Red sea-don't know. We don't understand miracle working. So we don't deal with it. It's a mind over matter thing apparently. We have some theories but not good enough to comment.

Casting out Demons--don't know, it's in the area of miracale working

Linieage Of JC to David---not important and as far as I know. It's a genetic line. David was not a Christian, neither was Moses.

Vist of mary-don't know. Probably one of the original seers. Have no idea on name specifics. Would have to look it up. But these things are not our interest. They're not going to change the world. We can only go with what we understand

Lazurus- Probably raised to show others the power of JC's mind. ---We don't believe in miracles becasue we don't understand them. There's no requirement to believe in them. We concluded we cannot explain what we don't know and refrain from guessing, so we move on. In order to say were wrong you'd have to show how miracles come about, we can't. I have no idea why he waited as long as he did. Miricles are the same to us as sub atomic particles. If we don't know then we let it for those who reseach it to find out. While I'm a phisicist I don't know everything about physics. It's best left to those interested in a particular fields of study to find certain things. And we don't agree with everything the Apostles say. They had a hard time also in understanding JC

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Pillar of

Old Seer wrote:

Pillar of fire-don't know

Red sea-don't know. We don't understand miracle working. So we don't deal with it. It's a mind over matter thing apparently. We have some theories but not good enough to comment.

Casting out Demons--don't know, it's in the area of miracale working

Linieage Of JC to David---not important and as far as I know. It's a genetic line. David was not a Christian, neither was Moses.

Vist of mary-don't know. Probably one of the original seers. Have no idea on name specifics. Would have to look it up. But these things are not our interest. They're not going to change the world. We can only go with what we understand

Lazurus- Probably raised to show others the power of JC's mind. ---We don't believe in miracles becasue we don't understand them. There's no requirement to believe in them. We concluded we cannot explain what we don't know and refrain from guessing, so we move on. In order to say were wrong you'd have to show how miracles come about, we can't. I have no idea why he waited as long as he did. Miricles are the same to us as sub atomic particles. If we don't know then we let it for those who reseach it to find out. While I'm a phisicist I don't know everything about physics. It's best left to those interested in a particular fields of study to find certain things. And we don't agree with everything the Apostles say. They had a hard time also in understanding JC

Jesus waited as long as he did because in Jewish tradition, the spirit leaves the body after 3 days, so to raise somebody from the dead after 4 days was a MAJOR miraculous happening.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Linieage Of

Old Seer wrote:

Linieage Of JC to David---not important and as far as I know. It's a genetic line. David was not a Christian, neither was Moses

Acts 11:26 -> And the DISCIPLES were called Christians FIRST AT ANTIOCH.

Of course David was not a Christian, David was KING. That was the significance of being in David's genetic line. Throughout the OT you can find multiple prophesies that Jesus would come from the line of David. Jesus -> KING of the Jews.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok well and good

But understand that the  Apostles come from a highly ritualisc religion and there's no need to carry them in to Christianity which dosen't need rituals, such as circumcision. Old habits die hard. They had to counsul together to decide if it was necessary. They concluded it wasn't. We don't see how H2O baptism is necessary either. It's the fire one that important. It's the one that the person is changed. Rituals lead to superstitions. 

How would the Jewish peoples of the book know that the spirit remains in the body 3 days, it's very likely another superstition that JC honored. He very likely waited to respect the tradition, I'm sure you are aware of that.

Some psychiatrists have experimented in hypnosis and found that if the subjet was told that a pencil was a glowing hot poker and touched their hand the subject perceived it to be burning hot, and, developed blisters where the pencil touched. So the story goes. But we don'k now about such things and I don't know if the psycho Smurfs deal with things as such either. But they do know there is a mind to body connection. That would mean that miracle working isn't necessarily a matter of Christianity, but there may be some connection.

We couldn't find any logical reason whererituals or miricles are necessary in Christianity.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:But

Old Seer wrote:

But understand that the  Apostles come from a highly ritualisc religion and there's no need to carry them in to Christianity which dosen't need rituals, such as circumcision. Old habits die hard. They had to counsul together to decide if it was necessary. They concluded it wasn't. We don't see how H2O baptism is necessary either. It's the fire one that important. It's the one that the person is changed. Rituals lead to superstitions. 

How would the Jewish peoples of the book know that the spirit remains in the body 3 days, it's very likely another superstition that JC honored. He very likely waited to respect the tradition, I'm sure you are aware of that.

Some psychiatrists have experimented in hypnosis and found that if the subjet was told that a pencil was a glowing hot poker and touched their hand the subject perceived it to be burning hot, and, developed blisters where the pencil touched. So the story goes. But we don'k now about such things and I don't know if the psycho Smurfs deal with things as such either. But they do know there is a mind to body connection. That would mean that miracle working isn't necessarily a matter of Christianity, but there may be some connection.

We couldn't find any logical reason whererituals or miricles are necessary in Christianity.

Ok. Lets now to go Paul's Epistle to the Collosians:

Col 2:9 -> For in Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily (this verse, Paul is referring to Christ). The word Godhead is the Greek word theotes, which means deity. IOW Christ is 100% deity.

Christ also said in John 8:58 Before Abraham was, I AM. Meaning that Christ's deity existed before Abraham, giving Him eternality.

Matthew referred to Him as Immanuel, which means God with us. God btw, in the Greek is Theos, which has a very similar definition to theotes.

Why does God have a kingdom and a throne to sit on? Why is Jesus his right hand (which means power)?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
quite frankly, i find dana's

quite frankly, i find dana's contributions the most "wonderful" part of this "conversation," and you know that means something if i'm saying it...

btw, i guess i must be living under a rock, but ZOE SALDANA is rosemary now!? THAT'S who's inheriting the mantle of mia farrow? christ...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Is it

JesusLovesYou wrote:

No, it's definitively not possible. An atheist, by definition, does not believe in any god(s). For an atheist to love "the Lord their God" implies a belief in the god in question, which would make them not an atheist. Note that this does not mean a person cannot change their beliefs, that an atheist cannot convert and become a Christian, etc.; I am merely interpreting your question in the sense: can someone believe in god and be an atheist at the same time? Obviously, the answer to that is no.

Now that I have answered your question, please answer mine.

butterbattle wrote:

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Jesus

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jesus waited as long as he did because in Jewish tradition, the spirit leaves the body after 3 days, so to raise somebody from the dead after 4 days was a MAJOR miraculous happening.

LMAO

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  I

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Everybody, give a nice applause for Jesus the Hypocrite

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Is it

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Is it possible for a christian to love the Lord Shiva with all their heart, mind and soul, and with all their strength? To believe the Lord Shiva is one?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Beyond

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Is it possible for you to consider you merely got sold an old comic book and that your religion is merely one of a slew concocted by humans in our species history? You'd have us believe out of the 10,000 pluss  different sects of Christianity somehow luck us, you found the cosmic bat phone and talk to your sky hero? Yet you rightfully reject the claims of Muslims and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists.  7 billion humans and somehow magically you got it right.

Yet somehow you rightfully reject claims of the Egyptian gods, the Greek and Roman gods and the God claims of everyone else besides your own.

You'd have me take a book seriously that talks about men magically popping out dirt, women magically popping out of a man's rib, after knowing what DNA is? You'd have me by claims of magic babies knowing it takes two sets of DNA? You'd have me take you seriously about magic zombie god who survives rigor mortis? You'd have me take a book seriously that makes claims of talking snakes, talking donkeys talking bushes?

You might as well be trying to convince me Harry Potter really can fly around on a broom in reality. Can't stop you by law from believing that garbage, but please don't think regergitating old comic books written by bronze age ignorant men will impress anyone here. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Good point.

It depends upon one's interepretation of The term. Technically it implies ignorance of something, or ignorance of force,or how force is being applied and and the result. In another way it implied ignorance of something at one time known and the meaning was lost. Sowhat was known and became unkown gathers the term "God".

IE- Creation=the forces that create, but what created becomes unknow, so God = a force, process, unkown.

Creation can be seen/understood 2 ways. A description of how the person mind became naturally created, but mostly, the result of the creation which can be seen or analysed to understand. And/or, creation is a recreation of something that already was existing. In this case a person, or the person. We see it as something that was already existing and then modifies. Such as, The person already existed, but then became understanding of itself and made modifications in behaviour from that understanding. Overtime that modificationh become lost bt successive generations and becomes unknown. Then it takes on the term "God" as a nondescript because at one time it was the rudiments that the person chose to be ruled by. From our analysis it's a re-creation because of the elements involved. In other words this amounts to someone making changes in their person from information descovered about the self. In our interpretation biblical creation has nothing to do with the creation of the material umiverse, or anything physical. The terms sued in creation are symbolic of "what" elements were involved in the remaking of the person.

Atheists can love and care about others the very same as anyone else. The elements that make up person are no different for anyone. The amounts, abilities and intesities are different. IE- We are all intellectual, but some are more acute then others. We all have happiness and sadness but some are more so then others.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:It depends

Old Seer wrote:

It depends upon one's interepretation of The term. Technically it implies ignorance of something, or ignorance of force,or how force is being applied and and the result. In another way it implied ignorance of something at one time known and the meaning was lost. Sowhat was known and became unkown gathers the term "God".

IE- Creation=the forces that create, but what created becomes unknow, so God = a force, process, unkown.

Creation can be seen/understood 2 ways. A description of how the person mind became naturally created, but mostly, the result of the creation which can be seen or analysed to understand. And/or, creation is a recreation of something that already was existing. In this case a person, or the person. We see it as something that was already existing and then modifies. Such as, The person already existed, but then became understanding of itself and made modifications in behaviour from that understanding. Overtime that modificationh become lost bt successive generations and becomes unknown. Then it takes on the term "God" as a nondescript because at one time it was the rudiments that the person chose to be ruled by. From our analysis it's a re-creation because of the elements involved. In other words this amounts to someone making changes in their person from information descovered about the self. In our interpretation biblical creation has nothing to do with the creation of the material umiverse, or anything physical. The terms sued in creation are symbolic of "what" elements were involved in the remaking of the person.

Atheists can love and care about others the very same as anyone else. The elements that make up person are no different for anyone. The amounts, abilities and intesities are different. IE- We are all intellectual, but some are more acute then others. We all have happiness and sadness but some are more so then others.

There are two things you seem to be stuck on, the first is creation. Just like an atheist, because you can't fathom a creator, you can't seem to move past that.

The book of Hebrews says Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Why does God have to fit human understanding, when the Bible states to trust in the Lord God with all your heart and not lean on your own understanding?

You also seem to be stuck on this interpretation thing, when Peter clearly states that there is NO private interpretation.

Everything you claim contradicts hundreds and hundreds of years of study. How can you claim you received some greater revelation than the Apostles, the men and women who followed Jesus? The men and women who bowed down and worshiped Him as God?

Men like Charles Spurgeon or DL Moody?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Phil Hartman "Good times, Good times"

watch?v=VZ3Kfk-6cp0

>  "Good times, Good times" ~ Phil Hartman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TG3qV9A3M {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TG3qV9A3M}  {v=_0TG3qV9A3M By :: WorshipResources}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3Kfk-6cp0 {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ3Kfk-6cp0}  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUjKmVhFbA {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRUjKmVhFbA}

Claims that I am the one  It's the right .. I defend . .  over and over again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6PNSVtokME {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6PNSVtokME}

Similac Organic Soy formula spewing out of nose !! Similac Organic Soy formula spewing out of nose !!

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok, very good.

The Smurfs are Atheist.If you go way back to my original pots you find that I state that we are not Atheists, Deits, or Theists.

1- Creation is the prime interpreter of the book. It's what the book and Christiasnty are all about. Creation is the knowledge of what people are all about, the very same as the missin of the writers. Nothice when you give an answer to a question you simplt relate to, "believe"without explaining "what" it is want proplr to belive. You have to explain it. What is the root of what you tell others is true. If you say -to be saved--you have to explain "saved from what. OK, from going to hell. Now there again your interpretation of hell doesn't work out very well. JC decended into hell did he not. Are you saying he went to hell and burned for 3 days or "what",or was he exempt there from being burned. You have to explain things like this. The typical metality of leaders is to beleive them without question or analysis. Old Seers don't do that. OK. For trial and error on your part,
what are the invisible things of creation that can be clearly seen. The premise of Chritianity stands on that passage. It makes the common interpretation of creation come up against a competator. So OK, what does it mean to you.

2-I have faith in people, that's what Christianty is about, "People" and the mental condition they live within. What good is Christianity if it's not going to change anything. So far the common specifications of Christianity areto believe in JC. OK, well and good. But can you explain --what is it about him that we should believe. If we thing JC is like everyone else, what's the point. so, what is different about him that is supposed to be different. OK, He,s the son of God. But thaty doeasn't do anything for anyone. What is it about him that is different from him as compared to you. me and everyone else. Every personal characteristic he has so does everyone else. So, if his personal cahracteristics arethe same as everyone else why should anyone believe in him. See if you can answer that. What about him do I need to know that would make me a Christian.

3-Define Human.

4- Of course I'm sticking to the interpretaion thing. We are presenting a different onebecause your's doesn't change anything/one. If we considered your's is correct we wouldn't have ours. OK, Is creation a material undertaking or a spiritual one. Express your opinion.

We didn't get our interpretaion from nowhere, it was something we encountered that we wern,t looking for. Wedidn't develope it because we wanted to be deliberatly opposit. It's something we found.

From who is your interpretation from. What you have is (as previously stated) a European, (western) interpretation. Who in the Western world received enlightenment to interpret the book. I'm guessing the Euros aquired the book about 200 AD. Who was it about 200 AD that recieved the authority to make the interpretation. As far as I can see there is no known designate that recieved the authority or insight to do so. If so, who. Constantine--well if it was constantine you have a real problem with the book. It couldn't have possibly been a bible entity other then the Apostles right. That takes us back to those invisible things you have to contemplate. What are they.

5- Absolutely. We,re contradicting 100s of years of interpretation. We're not saying we're right or wrong, that's up to you to decide. What you have is an interpretaion that supports the world as it is. That interpretaion comes from dark age superstitious people. And is is obvious they don't/didn't understand JC. There's the problem with what is claimed to be Christianity. What are the rudiments of Christianity-how is it suppose to change me. If it doesn't change me then I'm ok as is. Following JC is of no value if I can't identify his promenent characteristics and follow what he is or represents. I have to know whqat I'm following. Why would JC replace all powers, principalities, and authorities if we're all ok as we are. Can you describe the specific attributes that JC represents so I can know what I'm following. It just like partical physics. The atom has to contain atributes. When those atributes have been found they can be given labels. Without finding the atributes one is stuck with theories. Without specifications of JC's  attributes you have a theory, and that's how we see the common interpretation.

There are no specific elements of Christianity listed in the book. What Christianity is has to be assertained by the information given in the book that refers to it. Consider the letters/epistales which do not state "what" Christianity is. This is a problemone of the Smurfs encountered. he couldn't understand what the apostles were refering to, and in turn the rest of us couldn't catch on to what he menat. It turns out that the letters aten't teaching Christianity specifically. so that brought up the question. "What is it". The letters only support what they were teaching, but not "what" they were teaching. Then we realized we didn't know what Christianity is. That was a stumper. The concesncsus was, Chritianty is something no one knows anything about. Christaity can only be found by the clues given----which lead back to Creation. That's why Creation is important. And the Apostles and JC lead the investigator abck to creation, and it is very important to them.; The origin of Christianity is --Adam. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:1- Creation

Old Seer wrote:

1- Creation is the prime interpreter of the book. It's what the book and Christiasnty are all about. 

2-I have faith in people, that's what Christianty is about

You start of with two naked assertions, all the rest is window dressing founded on quicksand. Christianity didn't invent anything, nor did any ivnisible sky hero. Humans merely like what they believe.

Humans are what produce empathy and compassion, no one invented those things. Humans produce cruelty, no one invented those things. No one owns a patent on those things.

That book is nothing more than a tribal gang manual refeflecting the feudal times and people it was written for back then. It has absolutely no value today outside a sugar pill. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
You're not paying attention B37 :)

The Old Seerso not believe in any sky hero. There is no such thing that we can find in reality. There's no superbeings in the universe.

Right, no one invented those things,we say they came about naturally. All are formed by natural processes of evolution physcally and mentaly.

The book isn't the problem, the problem is the interpretaion.

There's the state of mind that is cruelty, and the other what is human. Cruelty is inhuman. We know that. You are a psychological fact residing in a physical fact.

I see you'remissing the point of my posts.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:  The book

Old Seer wrote:

The book isn't the problem, the problem is the interpretaion.

The book is the problem, for without a book, problems with incorrect interpretations are eliminated. 

Old Seer wrote:
There's the state of mind that is cruelty, and the other what is human. Cruelty is inhuman. We know that.

You must have missed out on the majority of human history.   Cruelty is basically the definition of human nature.  

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
We disagree

That's one thing we garner form the book. Cruelty would be animal nature. That means one has a good side and a bad side. The normal natural animl on the planet doesn't engage in cruelty per se. Cruelty very likely is going beyond the normal natural animal. There really is no positive description of animal mentality as anima is descript on animate, meaning -having movement.  What we regard as animalmind is animal societies are ruled by domination and power over others. A better explanation would be that we all are made according to human and inhuman nature. Cruelty of course would come under the inhumane. In proper Christianity is it considered inhumane to seek or aquire power over others. The power seeking and aquisition is what causes social problems. To remove social problems requires putting away the inhumane. What is termed, human society is actually no different then an animal society, hence the drivative, animal mind. Domination and superiority is the cause of social problems in all societies.

The proposition of Christianity is to put away the domination, superiority and power aquisitionn and resort to the humane as the social standard/values. Because the worlds relationships are dependant on the inhumane. Christianity has a different standard as to what human is and isn't. Human is not a blanket description of people in true Christianity. Thats' why we maintain that since about 100Ad Christianity was over. The guides were replaced by outsiders that went back to civil mindedness. JC understood that, that was going to happen, and that's why he predicted the 2nd return. If there was true Christianity going on in the world there wouldn't be a 2nd coming. Smiling

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote: Are you

Old Seer wrote:

Are you saying he went to hell and burned for 3 days or "what",or was he exempt there from being burned. You have to explain things like this.

Eph 4:9-10 -> No he that ascended, was it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above the heavens, that he might fill all things.

Acts 2:24 -> Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 1 Peter 3:19-20-> For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which he also went and preached to the spirits in prison. Scripture clearly states that He descended into hell before He ascended into heaven. Whether he "burned" for three days matters not.  
Old Seer wrote:
So far the common specifications of Christianity areto believe in JC. OK, well and good. But can you explain --what is it about him that we should believe. If we thing JC is like everyone else, what's the point. so, what is different about him that is supposed to be different. OK, He,s the son of God. But thaty doeasn't do anything for anyone. What is it about him that is different from him as compared to you. me and everyone else. 
Phillipians Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Here we see a few things, form of God, form of a servant, obedient to death, highly exalted by God, name above every name, and to be worshiped

Hebrews 1:4

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Here we see that Christ is above the angels

Again, in Collosians, Paul describes Christ as the fullness of deity

The book of revelation describes Him a couple times as Alpha and Omega.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:You're not

Old Seer wrote:
You're not paying attention B37 Smiling

Don't waste your time. He's a lot more nutty than you are. And that's saying something.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Face of Sri Krishna is the face and king of ALL the Moons ?

Re:: The Face of Sri Krishna is the face and king of ALL the Moons ?

Leela (from the animated series Futurama), '' .. you gotta do, what you gotta do" and / or "But when push comes to shove  you gotta do what you gotta, luv''!

Dialogue -- The content of the text is the rather famous conversation between Sri Krishna and Arjuna

Dialogue -- The content of the text is the rather famous conversation between Sri Krishna and Arjuna

( Perform your obligatory duty,  . . because action is indeed better than inaction )

Variation  on the popular  Song's lyrics  --

Just as I thought it was going alright
I find out you're wrong, when I thought you were right
It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all (that's all)
But, I could say day, and you'd say night
Tell me it's black, when I know that it's white
It' always the same, it's just a shame, that's all
I could leave but I won't go
though my heart might tell me so
I can't feel a thing from my head down to my toes
but why does it always seem to be
me looking at you, you looking at me
It's always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

Living with you's just putting me through it all of the time
running around, staying out all night
taking it all instead of taking one bite
living with you's just putting me through it all of the time

it'd be easier I know
but why does it always seem to be
s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

Truth is I love you
more than I wanted to
there's no point in trying to pretend
there's been no-one who
makes me feel like you do
Say we'll be together till the end

it'd be easier I know
so why does it always seem to be

Jjust as I thought it was going alright
I find out I'm wrong when I thought I was right
I could say day, you'd say night
tell me it's black when I know that it's white

That's all, that's all   : ) 

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
But, JLY

you're not explaining any of that, you're just repating the book. Anyone can do that, But what does it mean.  If you believe as you do so be it. So then keep what you've got. What we have is not for you. I don;'t see why you want to pursue the matter. You have a fixed postition just as we do. What you have to ask yourself is, are you following JC or a clergyman. Smiling

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:you're not

Old Seer wrote:

you're not explaining any of that, you're just repating the book. Anyone can do that, But what does it mean.  If you believe as you do so be it. So then keep what you've got. What we have is not for you. I don;'t see why you want to pursue the matter. You have a fixed postition just as we do. What you have to ask yourself is, are you following JC or a clergyman. Smiling

I have very clearly explained everything, you are just refusing the explanation because it doesn't fit what you want to understand. I have given you scriptural proof, and have delved into Christology.

Christology is the study of the preexistence and eternality of Christ

John 1:1 and John 8:58 are two verses very descriptive of the eternality of Christ. Colossians 1:17 states He was BEFORE all things.

John 3:13 states Christ came down from heaven, even though he was born on earth

The Bible clearly states that Jesus was born of a virgin, which is important because it guaranteed his sinlessness. Without his sinlessness, he could not have died for our sin.

Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and My God".

Jesus Christ is/was worshiped by the apostles, by early Christians, by modern Christians. From the day his ministry started, He was worshiped.

My question to you is if the Bible is "wrong" what authority do you prescribe to?

The bible states to NOT lean on own understanding.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok,you have what you want.

We're not going to fight over it. If your understanding isn't going to make any difference in the world then it all goes on as before. You have to wait for JC to come and straighten it out. We don't have to know everything in the book as much of it isn't understandable or even decipherable. If you don't want to take the time to reason our input,we say ok. We're not trying to prove anything we merely present an option for your analysis. If our interpretaton isn't right for you , then it's not. We understand your beliefs--they just don't work to change the world or yourself. We don't intend in intepreting every detail of every little thing. We don't agree with your interpretation. I detect there's nothing I can say that youi will accept. If you don't except ours that's OK. We understand. Regardless-it takes time to see what we are presenting. Just as you we were used to the way things are, but we found something different about the book. It take study over time to get the idea. I can explain aot of thimgs you want me to, but if you haven't seen or figured out as yet what I presented then you won't except anything else either. we're not clergymen or high priests of any kind so we don't dispence right and wrong for others. I gave you bits of information that over time may cause you to comprehend certain things. If not, then not. Our understanding is of JC is very different then yours, just as to Atheists our understanding of humkan is different. If they don't see it as we do we don't think anyone is stupid. They have an understanding of human as it was given to them during their life time. We had that to at one time. What we do is say, are you sure you are correct, in essence as - look at form this perspective for a while and compare. If they don't do that then they don't. I don't see any reason to condemn them for it or debate and argue about it. If they don't accept it then they don't. I can't say we're right even though we think we are, so our philosophy is- they decide what's right for them. Eventuall someone's understanding will prove out to be right. We wait for that time then. There'snopoint in making enemies on accout of it. If something is false in time it will be understood as such. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
RE:: "I'm helping . . hahahaha''

>  RE::  " I'm  helping  . . hahahaha ''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTcxbI-9vjY  {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTcxbI-9vjY}

No you DON'T ..  anything but a 'Mexican Stand-Off' .. for sure (Click-click-bloody-click) !

The Garuda Purana -- CHAPTER IV --  The Blessed LORD said: "'Those who always delight in wrong deeds, who turn away from good deeds, go from hell to hell, from misery to misery, from fear to fear . . These, and many others, very sinful, devoid of righteousness, certainly go on the Way of Yama, to the darkness; where there shall be weeping day and night! To be beaten by the messengers of Yama, they go towards the Vaitaraṇi. I will tell you what sinners fall into it.  Those who dishonour their mothers, fathers, teachers and preceptors and the reverend,--these all sink in it.  Those who wickedly **abandon their wives, sweet Lord, though faithful, of good qualities, of noble birth, and modest, shall surely fall into the depths of Vaitaranī. These, and many other fools, fond of treading forbidden paths, anal abandoning prescribed ditties, fall into the Vaitaranī "

The Book Of James II :8-12  Revised Standard Version (RSV) --

''If you really fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you do well.  But if you show partiality, you commit sin, and are convicted by the law as transgressors.  For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it.  For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” said also, “Do not kill.” If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become a transgressor of the law.  So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty, from where we are seated!'' 

Definition  --

**  Abandoned means -- having been deserted or cast off, isn't that right ?

F i n

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, Old Seer, for

Thank you, Old Seer, for answering my question. I'm not sure if that post was actually directed at me or not, but either way, you answered it.

JesusLovesYou has not. That's fine though. I'm used to being ignored.

Lol.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:Thank

butterbattle wrote:

Thank you, Old Seer, for answering my question. I'm not sure if that post was actually directed at me or not, but either way, you answered it.

Lol.

The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

Lol.

The thing is I did answer your question. You just chose to ignore it.

Asking a ridiculous and unrelated question is not an answer.