the threat of atheism

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
the threat of atheism

Common atheist flaws

the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness

I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 We do not need a god to

We do not need a god to feel emotions and it is a myth we dont feel emotions. Just like you don't need to believe in Allah or Thor to feel emotions. Oh and when atheists argue intelegence we are talking about an "average" not an absolute.

"Atheist" merely means "off" or "empty" on god claims. It is a position, it does not denote the education level of the person holding the label. It is not a political party, nationality, economic view, religion or moral code. It is none of those things. It merely means "I lack a belief in a God." 

And how selfish of you to presume those who do not buy your fictional sky hero claimed in an old comic book is needed to feel emotions or be educated.

I'd say when Jews and Muslims and Christians cant get along and all of them have nukes and want to kill each other, you are one to talk about threats to humanity.

Meaning to you is the stupid willingness to die over fiction you have no evidence for. Meaning to the atheist is living the one life we know we have. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:the

JesusLovesYou wrote:
the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

College education does not equal intelligence.
Belief in fictional gods doesn't require one to be unintelligent anyway, it requires one to be irrational.
Finally, this is simply an unsupported assertion. You can't prove that it is a common feature of atheism to decry theists as unintelligent.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

And the vatican could not be swimming in more wealth than most countries. The church takes in FAR more than is needed to feed and clothe and shelter the priesthood.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

On the contrary, it is the theist who sacrifices these things. The atheist is free to be hopeful, knowing that petty, jealous, evil gods are not waiting to throw him or her in fire for eternity.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

A massively common error in theism is to take a single quality (lack of faith) and repackage it into a belief system. This is one of the most ludicrous things that theists are commonly seen to claim.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Again, it is theism that teaches this, not atheism.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

I'll patiently wait for you to make up more lies, so I can refute them as well.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do not repay evil for evil; reviling for reviling, but .. bless

Omni/Other/Original  'Off-site' --   ((Omni/Other/Original  'Off-site' )) --

Re :: Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, Bless (wasn't it supposed to be a 'blessing', no) ???

Unrelated to conversation  Unrelated to conversation

**Supplimentary  ArtWork  ---  "Sharing" Art-Work

Supplimentary  Art Work  ---  "Sharing" Art Work

Omni/Other/Original  'Off-site' --

Without a song,  the day would never  .. never end (smile) ::

Lose the zero, & get with the hero  (YouTube song part of comment)  --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7H46ADQaIs {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7H46ADQaIs}

. . In more ways than I .. ever .. knew (biggest smile) . . .

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Common

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

i'm getting a phd, so i'll wager that, in the top trumps of education, mine trumps yours. not that it matters in the least.

idiot wrote:
Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

oh, horror of horrors. then they might actually have to go out and get a real job. perish the thought...

idiot wrote:

thankfully my wife and sons see me differently. you'll have to excuse me if i take their word over anonymous internet wacko's.

idiot wrote:

no, by definition, it isn't. even if atheism did constitute a belief system (it doesn't), that wouldn't be enough to qualify it as a religion. a religion is a solution to a universal, existential problem. since most atheists in the west do not believe there is a such a problem, they hardly need a solution to it. there are atheistic religions, but atheism is not a religion. it's an epistemological position, which puts it squarely in the purview of philosophy, not religion.

idiot wrote:

so? a person can still do plenty of what society would consider good through purely selfish motives.

thoroughly schooled idiot wrote:

yeah, that's usually the best thing to do when you're making a fool of yourself...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Common

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

Every thing you posted is either an assumption or a fallacy.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Common

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness.

Thanks for providing us with with yet another example of the all-too-common, naive, self-justifying assumptions about atheists we hear with monotonous regulariy from people wiith your world-view.

Therre is actual statistical evidence that non-belief is more likely  to be associated with higher levels of education and/or jntelligence. That is of course not undisputed, but a minimal amount of searching would have revealed to you that that belief is much more than just an atheis 'flaw'.

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201401/more-knowledge-less-belief-in-religion 

Tithes and offerrings: If none of this helps to feed the priesthood, how do they support themselves????

Emotion is a fundamental aspect of human psychology, and indeed of most of the higher animals. It is a cause of irrational beliefs such as religion, not the other way round. We certainly don't need religion to see a 'meaning in life', we just don't base it on the naive and simplistic ideas of religion.

While there indeed are some people who don't follow any common 'faith' who hold very complicated alternative belief systems, the basic meaning of 'atheism' is simply lacking a belief in a God, IOW, in no way can it be compared to a religion.

There is indeed little hope for humanity if we can't reduce the degree to which religious beliefs affect our actions and corrupt our knowledge and understanding of the world and how we are going to survive in it.

Our very human feelings of empathy and compassion, which in some people are expressed through religious practices, certainly do not derive from religion, are basic to all higher social species, helping to bond the group together and motivate mutual help, which aids the survival of the species. It is far better that we are motivated by our feelings for other members of our society than threats of eternal punishment or promises of magic rewards from some imaginary being, especially one who is responsible for so many evils we have to suffer, from terrible diseases and crippling afflictions of ageing. 

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hitting a nerve . .careful where youre throwing those firey dart

RE :: Hitting a nerve . . careful where youre throwing those firey darts

Fairness ???

JLY  ---   Shouldn't you  or others , of whatever persuasion, bother  to try to rightly determine or figure things out ?!??  Maybe you should shut-up just about now ?!??  IMHO, I think, any sentient person would truly fully agree w/ this assessment that you've shown ''Every-thing you posted is either an assumption or a fallacy''!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BF95hdIuOg {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BF95hdIuOg}

To Whom It May Concern or Overly interested parties -- I know it drives people insane  but  when I say  something is  labelled Off-Site,  I 'm not lying .. EVER about that!  To be very clear, that means it isn't really meant for your eyes, folks!!  And,  You need not a lawyer, to figure  that out, at aleast (lol) Hardly fair, who, especially biased and abrasive individuals, could hope to comment on or adequately critique, one half of any conversation ? 

Yes, Must be Adding an  Uploaded Pic --

To the untrained eye . .

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol this is what happens

lol this is what happens when there's a theist drought. One pops in for two seconds and gets mauled by 5.1 atheists in less than 12 hours.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Atheism is KILLING unborn

Atheism is KILLING unborn babies! Atheism is DESTROYING culture and the true definition of family! Atheism is NO BETTER than ISIS!

Why try to persuade someone away from such a wonderful great gift that God freely gives us? He has pulled us out of bondage and invites us into his MARVELOUS LIGHT!

And as for Vastet, I am not referring to Catholicism, they are widely known as the Great Beast of Revelation that the anti-Christ will come out of. I am referring to Christianity.

Jesus died so that WE, as humanity, can LIVE

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
This honestly reads like

This honestly reads like satire. I mean, atheism is killing unborn babies? Come on, that's just lame. Killing babies is a joke atheists sarcastically throw at each other to make fun of comical misconceptions of atheism.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence

BobSpence wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness.

Thanks for providing us with with yet another example of the all-too-common, naive, self-justifying assumptions about atheists we hear with monotonous regulariy from people wiith your world-view.

Therre is actual statistical evidence that non-belief is more likely  to be associated with higher levels of education and/or jntelligence. That is of course not undisputed, but a minimal amount of searching would have revealed to you that that belief is much more than just an atheis 'flaw'.

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/unique-everybody-else/201401/more-knowledge-less-belief-in-religion 

Tithes and offerrings: If none of this helps to feed the priesthood, how do they support themselves????

Emotion is a fundamental aspect of human psychology, and indeed of most of the higher animals. It is a cause of irrational beliefs such as religion, not the other way round. We certainly don't need religion to see a 'meaning in life', we just don't base it on the naive and simplistic ideas of religion.

While there indeed are some people who don't follow any common 'faith' who hold very complicated alternative belief systems, the basic meaning of 'atheism' is simply lacking a belief in a God, IOW, in no way can it be compared to a religion.

There is indeed little hope for humanity if we can't reduce the degree to which religious beliefs affect our actions and corrupt our knowledge and understanding of the world and how we are going to survive in it.

Our very human feelings of empathy and compassion, which in some people are expressed through religious practices, certainly do not derive from religion, are basic to all higher social species, helping to bond the group together and motivate mutual help, which aids the survival of the species. It is far better that we are motivated by our feelings for other members of our society than threats of eternal punishment or promises of magic rewards from some imaginary being, especially one who is responsible for so many evils we have to suffer, from terrible diseases and crippling afflictions of ageing. 

Hey look Bob, name calling going on and nobody's dicks are falling off. Humn, funny how they never notice when they do it, but magically when I do, it's wrong. The 4 stooges here did far worse with their words to JesusLovseYou, than I have so far. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:JesusLovesYou

iwbiek wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

i'm getting a phd, so i'll wager that, in the top trumps of education, mine trumps yours. not that it matters in the least.
idiot wrote:
Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

oh, horror of horrors. then they might actually have to go out and get a real job. perish the thought...
idiot wrote:

thankfully my wife and sons see me differently. you'll have to excuse me if i take their word over anonymous internet wacko's.
idiot wrote:

no, by definition, it isn't. even if atheism did constitute a belief system (it doesn't), that wouldn't be enough to qualify it as a religion. a religion is a solution to a universal, existential problem. since most atheists in the west do not believe there is a such a problem, they hardly need a solution to it. there are atheistic religions, but atheism is not a religion. it's an epistemological position, which puts it squarely in the purview of philosophy, not religion.
idiot wrote:

so? a person can still do plenty of what society would consider good through purely selfish motives.
thoroughly schooled idiot wrote:

yeah, that's usually the best thing to do when you're making a fool of yourself...

Remind me how childish I am with my language while calling someone an idiot. You are such great entertainment. Keep it up.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Atheism causes HATE! God

Atheism causes HATE! God asks us to love our neighbor, but self loving atheism causes selfish live life for own self attitudes that are no better than the 5 percenters. The God that created us did not preach hate, but selfless love.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
1st of all

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Atheism is KILLING unborn babies! Atheism is DESTROYING culture and the true definition of family! Atheism is NO BETTER than ISIS!

Why try to persuade someone away from such a wonderful great gift that God freely gives us? He has pulled us out of bondage and invites us into his MARVELOUS LIGHT!

And as for Vastet, I am not referring to Catholicism, they are widely known as the Great Beast of Revelation that the anti-Christ will come out of. I am referring to Christianity.

Atheists are notoriously non-violent, abortion is advocated by the bible Numbers Chapter 5; whole chapter, Numbers 3:17 and Matt3:17 ISIS is behaving exactly like Medivel Christians, atheists have no reason to behave like that. Your god is fictional, your jesus is fictional, but if you have any evidence of their reality I'd like to see it. SEE IT! Don't waste my time with belief arguments, show me evidence.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:JesusLovesYou

Jeffrick wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

Atheists are notoriously non-violent, abortion is advocated by the bible Numbers Chapter 5; whole chapter, Numbers 3:17 and Matt3:17 ISIS is behaving exactly like Medivel Christians, atheists have no reason to behave like that. Your god is fictional, your jesus is fictional, but if you have any evidence of their reality I'd like to see it. SEE IT! Don't waste my time with belief arguments, show me evidence.

if you are gonna use scripture know it. Numbers 5 is about leprosy, adultry, and restitution. Numbers 3:17 is a geneology, and Matthew 3:17 is Jesus baptism.

Evidence is in the word of our testimony. It is also everywhere you look, from the vastness of space, to the depths of the ocean.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The ability to regurgitate

The ability to regurgitate words of an anceint comic book only means you can repeate something you read. Big deal. Muslims and Jews also quote their texts too. 

See if you can spot the pattern.

"Allah is the one true god, because this verse in the Koran says so".

"Yahweh is the one true god, because this vers in the OT says so"

"The Hindu gods are real because these verses in the Baga Gavitis say so".

Your book also does not ban slavery or rape either. It treats girls and women like prizes in war. 

Deuteronomy wrote:

20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:JesusLovesYou

Jeffrick wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

While I agree on average atheists are non violent, that has more to do with our species empathy when in the position of bing a minority. I warn even atheists not to think we are above our species evolution. Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is in our evolution, it isn't caused by a label. 

Beyond and Ibwiek and Vastet and I don't exactly get along here and I am quite sure it is good that we have westernized governments that allow us to prevent monopolies of power, because I am sure they wouldn't like a majority of me in power anymore than I would want a majority of them in power.

"Atheist" merely means "off" on one claim. It is not a pollitical party, it is not an economic view, it is not religion, it is not a loyalty oath, and it is not a moral code either. 

You can certainly argue averages, but even then that also has to take into account current conditions, and like everything condititons in the future change and power shifts, and no atheist with that sense of empathy now will be arround in the future to maintain that sense of empathy. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Atheism causes HATE! God asks us to love our neighbor, but self loving atheism causes selfish live life for own self attitudes that are no better than the 5 percenters. The God that created us did not preach hate, but selfless love.

Um no, the idea of a "chosen people" by the big three teaches all of you to kill and regard the outsider as "other".

If you want to say atheists hate, I personally wont deny that, but I think you need to know what that means when I personally say "I hate".

I would also hate it if I had a friend who went around claiming "The New York Yankees won the Superbowl" or "My car runs on pixy dust". Not going to stop anyone from making a bullshit claim, but I most certianly am going to get irritated by that claim, especially when group think gets to a political level to the point wars start and humans die over sky heros they don't even have any evidence for. No, this isn't just about Christianity, it is about the idea of religion itself. 

I have no disire to force religion out of existence by use of government, but I most certainly will attack the ideas and claims of religions, especially when they oppress others and defend sexism and bigotry and homophobia. 

You most certainly have the human right to make whatever bullshit claim you want, but I also have the right to call it bullshit.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: The ability

Brian37 wrote:

The ability to regurgitate words of an anceint comic book only means you can repeate something you read. Big deal. Muslims and Jews also quote their texts too. 

Your book also does not ban slavery or rape either. It treats girls and women like prizes in war. 

Deuteronomy wrote:

20:13 And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword:
20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

problem with your "pattern" is a couple things. Allah is real. Allah is God in another language. Arabic Bibles use the translation of Allah. If you are referring to the Muslim God, sorry, but not the true God of creation. YAHWEH is and has always been the God of creation, just some don't understand He came in flesh to die for our sins. Second, the Hindu gods are a false hiearchal system, while the true God of creation is autonomous. Your "pattern" is flawed.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: The ability

Brian37 wrote:

Deuteronomy wrote:

problem with your "pattern" is a couple things. Allah is real. Allah is God in another language. Arabic Bibles use the translation of Allah. If you are referring to the Muslim God, sorry, but not the true God of creation. YAHWEH is and has always been the God of creation, just some don't understand He came in flesh to die for our sins. Second, the Hindu gods are a false hiearchal system, while the true God of creation is autonomous. Your "pattern" is flawed.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 As Children of God we are

As Children of God we are called to love God and love our neighbor. I have nothing against the ist, but the ism will lead to death and destruction.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: As

JesusLovesYou wrote:

As Children of God we are called to love God and love our neighbor. I have nothing against the ist, but the ism will lead to death and destruction.

No, once again you are NOT doing anything differently than we see from the other two. NO SHIT, the caviat to this is that "love" is subject to setting up social pecking orders based on religion. All three books however, contain contradictions to this "love". It isnt about love everyone equally, it is about treating others as pets and tokens and house guests at best. All three have dipictions either done by this god, or sanctioned by this god, when the minority gets out of line, and it is not pretty. 

You just ignored the Deuteronomy quote where God said you could beat the shit out of your rival, take their property and kids and girls, and do with them what you want. That is not an act of love, that is an act of tribalistic revenge.

Jesus even in the NT tells you to abandon your own family and friends if they don't kiss his ass. In the real world in the pluralistic west our governments don't demand loyalty oaths to political parties or religions. 

The type of "love" your god character promotes is like an abusive spouse who beats you, blames you for getting him upset, then brings you flowers after he beats you to con you into putting up with his abuse. That is not "love".

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:This

butterbattle wrote:

This honestly reads like satire. I mean, atheism is killing unborn babies? Come on, that's just lame. Killing babies is a joke atheists sarcastically throw at each other to make fun of comical misconceptions of atheism.

I agree. This guy just crossed the line from credible example of a theist into the realm of poe.

Brian37 wrote:
Hey look Bob, name calling going on and nobody's dicks are falling off. Humn, funny how they never notice when they do it, but magically when I do, it's wrong. The 4 stooges here did far worse with their words to JesusLovseYou, than I have so far. 

Brian lies again. Noone ever criticised Brian for name calling. We criticise Brian for being irrational, lying, hypocrisy, making shit up, being ignorant, and failing to have the balls to admit when he's wrong.

Brian37 wrote:
Remind me how childish I am with my language while calling someone an idiot. You are such great entertainment. Keep it up.

Brian is a childish liar.

Brian37 wrote:
Beyond and Ibwiek and Vastet and I don't exactly get along here and I am quite sure it is good that we have westernized governments that allow us to prevent monopolies of power, because I am sure they wouldn't like a majority of me in power anymore than I would want a majority of them in power.

If people as stupid as Brian were capable of being elected, I would personally kill them to save humanity from another dark age. At any cost.

Fortunately, noone that stupid can get elected, so it's a non-issue.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Deuteronomy wrote:

I always find it funny when people stupidly think this is my first rodeo. 

"It's just god speaking a different language" , you stupidly think this is my first time  running into this?

Ok then why are you a Christian then if it is all the same god? I agree actually it is the same god, steming from the Hebrews so if we go by argument from being the oldest then both Muslims and Christians shold be Jews because they are much older.

Hate to tell all three of you but this god of Abraham started out in polytheism as a lesser god in the Caananite pantheon.

But your stupidity also misses the point of claiming the attribute of "all powerful" as a claim. You want your creation to get along, but allow flawed humans to write several competing books they cant agree on then blame them for what you could do yourself. Shouldn't be that hard for a all powerful god to "poof" one book into existence if he can "poof" men magically from dirt. If you want to claim this alleged god exists, then he can only be an asshole or completely inept. 

If you have kids, would you find it ok for them to murder each other over your instructions? Who would be to blame if you allowed those conditions?

I wouldn't hire this alleged god to run a bicycle factory. The bikes would end up with squid for spokes and the workers would murder arguing over the different assembly manuals. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey! Focus on the Family (OP) . . .

#19  #19

Paul's Epistle to the Ephesians Ch. IV  -

..  till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, or tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love . . .

Hey 0P or should I say ''Allahu Akbar''  READ Uploaded pics  -- 

p.s.  --  I'm late for my appointment at the salon. But, Please, Commence with your reconnoitering  (haha)!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:butterbattle

Vastet wrote:
butterbattle wrote:

I agree. This guy just crossed the line from credible example of a theist into the realm of poe.
Brian37 wrote:
Brian lies again. Noone ever criticised Brian for name calling. We criticise Brian for being irrational, lying, hypocrisy, making shit up, being ignorant, and failing to have the balls to admit when he's wrong.
Brian37 wrote:
Brian is a childish liar.
Brian37 wrote:
If people as stupid as Brian were capable of being elected, I would personally kill them to save humanity from another dark age. At any cost. Fortunately, noone that stupid can get elected, so it's a non-issue.

Thank you for proving that not even atheists are above evolution. You rightfully say that theism teaches selfishness, but are willing to kill someone in power yourself if you don't get your way all the time?

No dipshit, anti monopoly concepts are why both you and I, if enforced, neither of us has to worry about the other. Your asinine response here why you ingore it when I go after atheists too. Victor Stenger's book "The New Atheism" proves our species behavior is in us, not the labels we assign ourselves or each other. You are simply 1 of 7 billion like me. 

This is nothingmore than your continude bratty behavior because I didn't kiss your ass. You simply don't like me personally. Cry me a fucking river. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Hate to tell

Brian37 wrote:
Hate to tell all three of you but this god of Abraham started out in polytheism as a lesser god in the Caananite pantheon.

Brian is really losing it. He thinks one person is three people. Maybe this is how the trinity thing started?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Thank you for

Brian37 wrote:
Thank you for proving that not even atheists are above evolution.

I'm not sure what Brian is trying to say here, so I'll just laugh.

Brian37 wrote:
You rightfully say that theism teaches selfishness, but are willing to kill someone in power yourself if you don't get your way all the time?

Brian makes shit up again. In fact, if people as stupid as Brian were in power, killing them would be doing a service to the entire species, provided it was done before they destroyed the world.

Brian37 wrote:
No dipshit, anti monopoly concepts are why both you and I, if enforced, neither of us has to worry about the other.

Brian strings some words together. The result is an incomprehensible sentence.

Brian37 wrote:
Your asinine response here why you ingore it when I go after atheists too.

Brian makes shit up again.

Brian37 wrote:
Victor Stenger's book "The New Atheism" proves our species behavior is in us, not the labels we assign ourselves or each other. You are simply 1 of 7 billion like me. 

Brian again demonstrates he is a theist.

Brian37 wrote:
This is nothingmore than your continude bratty behavior because I didn't kiss your ass. You simply don't like me personally. Cry me a fucking river. 

And again Brian shows his martyr complex.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok, brian, if you really

ok, brian, if you really want to bring this shit here too, i'll indulge you. for the 475th time, i don't think you're childish because of your language. i think you're childish because, when it comes to debate at least, you're a pathological liar.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:ok, brian, if

iwbiek wrote:
ok, brian, if you really want to bring this shit here too, i'll indulge you. for the 475th time, i don't think you're childish because of your language. i think you're childish because, when it comes to debate at least, you're a pathological liar.

Childish on your part because I didn't kiss your ass. Remember that while you rightfully take Christians on.

You use the word "idiot" rightfully on a theist and can see your own fucking stupidity yourself. Come on "teach" keep it up it's quite entertaining.

Poor crybaby, got his dignified "grasshopper" delusion shattered while rightfully trying to shatter the delusions of a Christian. Cognitive dissonece is a bitch isn't it?

Keep it up circus clown. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Brian is really losing it. He thinks one person is three people. Maybe this is how the trinity thing started?

Oh my Thor you fucking idiot. I am not talking about the respective fans of each viewing them as the same way. I am saying the reality is that the Hebrews were a splinter sect of Canaanite polytheism which gave rise to the Hebrews, and in turn gave rise to Christianity, then gave rise to Islam.

It is no differnt than knowing your grandkids are related to the grandparents. THE STORIES come from the same past.

It the same fucking God as a literary character. No different than competing software.0

Canaanite polytheism lead to

Hebrew= Abrham 1.0

Chistianity=Abrham 2.0

Islam=Abrham 3.0

NO the fans of the three DO NOT view them the same way. But they are the same character. It is no different than the origional black and white Titanic movie verses the DeCaprio movie in the mid 90s. The point to theists is that religions don't magically start in a vacuum and all new ones stem from competing with prior and surrounding motifs.

RELIGION IS MAN MADE was my point you fuckwad!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
*eye roll*

*eye roll*

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Childish on

Brian37 wrote:
Childish on your part because I didn't kiss your ass. Remember that while you rightfully take Christians on.

Brian lies.

Brian37 wrote:
You use the word "idiot" rightfully on a theist and can see your own fucking stupidity yourself. Come on "teach" keep it up it's quite entertaining.

Brian doesn't understand that he's a much bigger idiot than most, if not all, other theists.

Brian37 wrote:
Poor crybaby, got his dignified "grasshopper" delusion shattered while rightfully trying to shatter the delusions of a Christian. Cognitive dissonece is a bitch isn't it?

Keep it up circus clown. 

Brian is living in his own little world where everything he thinks is true. The rest of us laugh at him because we exist in the real world, where everything Brian thinks is false.

Brian37 wrote:
Oh my Thor you fucking idiot.

Brian describes himself.

Brian37 wrote:
I am not talking about the respective fans of each viewing them as the same way. I am saying the reality is that the Hebrews were a splinter sect of Canaanite polytheism which gave rise to the Hebrews, and in turn gave rise to Christianity, then gave rise to Islam.

Brian fails by responding to something that was never stated or implied.

Brian37 wrote:
It is no differnt than knowing your grandkids are related to the grandparents. THE STORIES come from the same past.

And again.

Brian37 wrote:
It the same fucking God as a literary character. No different than competing software.0

Hebrew= Abrham 1.0

Chistianity=Abrham 2.0

Islam=Abrham 3.0

NO the fans of the three DO NOT view them the same way. But they are the same character. It is no different than the origional black and white Titanic movie verses the DeCaprio movie in the mid 90s. The point to theists is that religions don't magically start in a vacuum and all new ones stem from competing with prior and surrounding motifs.

And again.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: As

JesusLovesYou wrote:

As Children of God we are called to love God and love our neighbor.

Is it possible for an atheist to love his/her neighbors?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
now now, no need for name calling

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Oh my Thor you fucking idiot. I am not talking about the respective fans of each viewing them as the same way. I am saying the reality is that the Hebrews were a splinter sect of Canaanite polytheism which gave rise to the Hebrews, and in turn gave rise to Christianity, then gave rise to Islam.

Hebrew= Abrham 1.0

Chistianity=Abrham 2.0

Islam=Abrham 3.0

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. In the Beginning GOD. God made man, gave man the free will to choose. The Bible gives account of any individual that does not follow God, becoming the nations that the Hebrews fight against.  God has been God since forever.

You are correct God didn't establish religion. MAN established religion. We are on the same page there. HOWEVER, the God of creation wants to have a relationship with us, His creation. God gave us a way to establish that relationship by Jesus dying for our sins. A wonderful gift FREELY given to us, because of selfless love.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Yes as long as my wife or her husband doesn't catch us at it.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I love mine with provolone and au jus.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Lol

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Some theists who post here

Some theists who post here are at least worthy opponents.  JLY seems to embrace the cartoonish,  Westboro Baptist Church mentality.  

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am actually quite intelligent.  I have a college education, I am high up in my career field, and I know Jesus.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
3 out of 4 maybe. Either

3 out of 4 maybe. Either that or you really are dumber than Brian, and I'm going to start losing hope for the future. One complete and absolute moron is too many. Two would be too much.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am actually quite intelligent.  I have a college education, I am high up in my career field, and I know Jesus.

A college education just means you paid the money and spent the time. I have a college education, am top dog in my career field (own the company) and well within the top 5%- none of which says shit about my intelligence. I will let my intelligence (or lack thereof) be judged by the quality of my arguments. The quality of your arguments is shit that probably doesn't even deserve a response, but we've had a theist drought and Brian has been crushed from every angle, so you have gotten responses from half a dozen people. None of which you have responded to. Really, if the best you can do is brag about a college education, try doing something meaningful and come back. Everyone here has a college education, it ain't that special.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Observation:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Common atheist flaws

What you're relating to is -the world in general. Atheists are no different than anyone else. I don't see the Atheists believe they have a higher levelof intelligence--it's more like, they have a better mind sight on the material universe. Religions, by in large, tend to belive things that the facts don't support. Atheists are the same as floks everywhere. Atheists say there's no god as you claim there is (or no God at all)  because (in my case) religions have failer to create a worldof peaceful beings. The "God" as religions claim to be is highly hypocritical. I already could see that in my early teens. Loving JC simply hasn't been cutting it over the centries. As a matter of fact--in my studies of religions I fing them to be no different then Atheists. So- The God claim has no meaning if there is no difference between the mental presence of Atheists and others. If you say "god" and they say "not so" but yet there is no difference between you and them then the "god" idea doesn't stack much in the warehouse. What? makes you different from them. You can say that the difference is---You believe in JC and they don't. BUT, you belief in JC still dosen't make you different then they. AsI understand it- the belief in jc is supposedto make a difference between those who believe and those who don't. With that in mind---how are you different then they. Esplain. Now be careful here--if you can't explain it-you may not be as christianish as you think.  Smiling

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

A college education just means you paid the money and spent the time. I have a college education, am top dog in my career field (own the company) and well within the top 5%- none of which says shit about my intelligence. I will let my intelligence (or lack thereof) be judged by the quality of my arguments. The quality of your arguments is shit that probably doesn't even deserve a response, but we've had a theist drought and Brian has been crushed from every angle, so you have gotten responses from half a dozen people. None of which you have responded to. Really, if the best you can do is brag about a college education, try doing something meaningful and come back. Everyone here has a college education, it ain't that special.

Actually, my friend, when you paid your taxes you helped the US Government pay for my college education Sticking out tongue

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ DEFINITELY a troll. lolol

^ DEFINITELY a troll. lolol

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: I am

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Intelligent compared to what? I'd venture to guess that 9/10 people have a college education, but how many people actually have a degree. Define "high up in my career field". In closing, it is cliche for religious people to say "I know... " or "I have a personal relationship with...". You don't actually know the jesus. You never met the jesus. You don't practice jesusism. You only like to use that word "know" because it makes you all fuzzy and warm.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Intelligent compared to what? I'd venture to guess that 9/10 people have a college education, but how many people actually have a degree. Define "high up in my career field". In closing, it is cliche for religious people to say "I know... " or "I have a personal relationship with...". You don't actually know the jesus. You never met the jesus. You don't practice jesusism. You only like to use that word "know" because it makes you all fuzzy and warm.

with what is happening in the world recently, you don't need to know what I do. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, I do know how to take that . . .

Arrow Up

The Gospel According to Saint Luke VIII   .. for there is nothing hidden that will not be made manifest or known, nor is anything secret that will not come to light !

Misc. (Labelled understand, this is Misc. YouTube extra) --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hNHHlol_Q {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hNHHlol_Q}

CyberMissionsCoordinator wrote:
JLY wrote  .. you don't need to know what I do

With myself, certain unexpected parties would sure like to know what I'm doing (hint, hint) !!

Just for more Fun  YouTube  ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-L6rEm0rnY}

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
no more edits please.

no more edits please.