Local sick church

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Local sick church

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/spiritual_warfare_at_sterlings_cavalry_temple_church898

A friend of mine belonged to this church and he has been telling me these horror stories for years. He is still a believer but respect him for bringing this horror to light.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> Hey ex-Minister it's really so good to hear from you : )

Hey ex-Minister it's really so good to hear from you.

Hey, How are you (smile)? 

Re ::  I used to be scared to rock the boat, And make a mess

>>  I used to be scared to rock the boat, And make a mess . . 

I used to be scared to rock the boat, And make a mess

What an awesome article, I so appreciate you taking the time to share it. It takes courage to raise the alarm. Unrelated but I thought was interesting. One, Often the most loving thing a person can do is tell the truth, .. I am sure the irony doesnt quit in a very dark humour sort of way, with the article. 

It practically indicates a conversation, really several conversations. It is irrational and very harmful sexual matters be left to become this completely taboo subject. In the real world and in healthy communities, communication necessary is to avoid misunderstandings. That reminds me, can you imagine how many of my posts could be mistaken to be are overly obsessed with sexual matters, pregnancy and birthing babies, not from a puritanical moral behaviorial standpoint, but just by merely mentioning it ??? At least the Duggars and all quiverfull can enjoy my posts, natually (laugh out loud -- LOL) !!  Whether it's always preventable or not, we all have to report the abuse to the local authorities as soon as possible. So, They can help keep the childred safe and provide assistance and resources, too!! I also know, It takes courage to raise the alarm . . it is important to do so though!! But, if it ended up with the arrest, prosecution and imprisonment of those doing this? Well, who can argue or DISPUTE with that ?!??

Secondly, In a few large-scale population studies to compare the health and well-being on the psychological health of older kids. The ones who were allowed to  roam up to 3 km radius around their home were generally reported better general and mental health status.  I heard on the radio, similarly, many of today's children are not allowed to go much beyond their own yards, in comparison to 35 years ago, it was common. When I was a little kid, I often had to walk home back from school. It was over three miles. Being in a rural local, there were more issue(s) with the film choices of our bohemian neighbor's house, then actual dangers lurking about, for me mostly, as a kid!!

Titus 2:4 -- so that they may encourage the young women be sobber, to love their husbands, to love their children, . .

Stayed at a motel before driving off the road!  And, It was  surreal catching part of this scene, before drifting off. . . admittedly, the film seemed to be overly obsessed with sex, pregnancy and birthing babies (View YouTubes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90r_7LWSnY {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90r_7LWSnY}

>  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-AZLZ05xc {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E-AZLZ05xc}

Off-putting? A bit!!  Are you in unbearable pain? Is it inhuman? My darling, is it torture? ~ Addams family values

Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me.

OFF-Site (none of you silent ones) -- 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbt2PLmEUnM {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbt2PLmEUnM}

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ex-min, great to see

Ex-min, great to see you. 

What amazes me about these cult churches is the sheer number of people who just let this shit happen. Looking at the picture, that is a fairly large church. It boggles my mind that hundreds of people go to it and just let this shit happen around them without doing a thing. It is one thing for some crazy cult to have a couple dozen members, but something like this is pretty depressing. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kinda scary to consider how

Kinda scary to consider how many of these churches haven't yet been brought to light. I guarantee there are quite a few.

Que Brian accusing us all of defending the church.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:Kinda scary to

Vastet wrote:
Kinda scary to consider how many of these churches haven't yet been brought to light. I guarantee there are quite a few. Que Brian accusing us all of defending the church.

Bullshit, you can attack anything you want. You know damned fucking well that is not what I advocate.

Rights and claims are two different things. You are the one childishly getting pissed at me thinking I am the one expecting a perfect godless world. 

If I were demanding perfection of an imperfect world I'd act like the childish dick you have been acting like.

I defend human rights as everyone should. But you cussing me out and bitching at me is not anything I am demanding you stop doing.

You act more like a theist than I would ever come close to. If I acted to you like you are acting to me you would be in prison. Since I am not doing that, you have no fucking case. If you were as ethical and mature as you like to paint yourself you'd leave it at "you are full of shit Brian" and "I think you are an asshole".

You are acting as fucking petty as a theist because I offend you. Now remember your childish crap while you rightfully attack religion yourself.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
vastet is saying you accuse

vastet is saying you accuse us of defending religion, and you certainly do.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian is simply too stupid

Brian is simply too stupid to understand. Sad

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, heavily heightened propaganda . . they blew it !!

Re :: Hmm, heavily heightened propaganda . . they blew it !!

iwbiek wrote:

. . and you [Brian] certainly do.

Not only that! Somebody blew it, must have, in failing to omit the following from the account of the reign in a rather famous Israelite monarchy, from that time of King David (Hint). The holy bible discusses this period in the books of 1 and 2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles. Bri-Bri Where is that heavily heightened propaganda machine, at work. .  when you need it  (View Passages) ?!?

Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

You're probably going to need somebody to remind others about just how honest the accounts can be,  . .  an example. 

I'm  sorry  which one wouldn't like me again ?!? I'm  sorry  which one wouldn't like me again ?!?

2 Samuel XI:14-27a Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

(The 'Hit' on Uriah)

'' . .  In the morning David wrote a letter to Jo′ab, and sent it by the hand of Uri′ah. In the letter he wrote, “Set Uriah in the forefront of the hardest fighting, and then draw back from him, that he may be struck down, and die.” And as Joab was besieging the city, he assigned Uri′ah to the place where he knew there were valiant men. And the men of the city came out and fought with Joab; and some of the servants of David among the people fell. Uriah the Hittite was slain also. Then Joab sent and told David all the news about the fighting; and he instructed the messenger, “When you have finished telling all the news about the fighting to the king, then, if the king’s anger rises, and if he says to you, ‘Why did you go so near the city to fight? Did you not know that they would shoot from the wall? . .Did not even a woman cast an upper millstone upon him from the wall, so that one died at Thebez? Why did you go so near the wall?’ then you shall say, ‘Your servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.’” ..So the messenger went, and came and told David all that Jo′ab had sent him to tell. The messenger said to King David, “The men gained an advantage over us, and came out against us in the field; but we drove them back to the entrance of the gate. Then the archers shot at your servants from the wall; some of the king’s servants are dead; and your servant Uri′ah the Hittite is dead also.” David said to the messenger, “Thus shall you say to Joab, ‘Do not let this matter trouble you, for the sword devours now one and now another;  strengthen your attack upon the city, and overthrow it.’  And encourage him.”  When the wife of Uriah, Bathsheba, heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she made lamentation for her dead husband. And when the mourning was over, David sent and brought her to his house, and . . ''

2 Samuel XII Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

''And the Lord your God sent Nathan to David. He came to David the king, and said to him, “There were two men in a certain city, the one rich and the other poor.  The rich man had very many flocks and herds; but the poor man had nothing but one little ewe lamb, which he had bought. And he brought it up, and it grew up with him and with his children; it used to eat of his morsel, and drink from his cup, and lie in his bosom, and it was like a daughter to him. Now there came a traveler to the rich man, and he was unwilling to take one of his own flock or herd to prepare for the wayfarer who had come to him, but he took the poor man’s lamb, and prepared it for the man who had come to him.” Then David’s anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, “As the Lord lives, the man who has done this deserves to die; and he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.”Nathan said to David, “You are the man. Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you out of the hand of Saul; and I gave you your master’s house, and your master’s wives into your bosom, and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah; and if this were too little, I would add to you as much more. Why have you despised the word of the Lord, to do what is evil in his sight? You have smitten Uri′ah the Hittite with the sword, and have taken his wife to be your wife, and have slain him with the sword of the Ammonites. Now therefore the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, the God of Heaven . . "

p.s. -- Details . . details (.. Lol)!!

Boring is good. Boring is safe.  ~ Ron Stoppable

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dana.... 

Dana....

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"It doesn't look like there is anything here left for you to do"

Re :: (No Subject)  "It doesn't look like there is anything here left for you to do"

danatemporary wrote:

Re :: Hmm, heavily heightened propaganda . . they blew it !!

iwbiek wrote:

. . and you [Brian] certainly do.

Not only that! Somebody blew it, must have, in failing to omit the following from the account of the reign in a rather famous Israelite monarchy, from that time of King David (Hint). The holy bible discusses this period in the books of 1 and 2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles. Bri-Bri Where is that heavily heightened propaganda machine, at work. .  when you need it  (View Passages) ?!?

Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

You're probably going to need somebody to remind others about just how honest the accounts can be,  . .  an example. 

I'm  sorry  which one wouldn't like me again ?!? I'm  sorry  which one wouldn't like me again ?!?

2 Samuel XI:14-27a Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

(The 'Hit' on Uriah)

'' . .  In the morning David wrote a letter to Jo′ab, and sent it by the hand of Uri′ah. In the letter he wrote, “Set Uriah in the forefront of the hardest fighting, and then draw back from him, that he may be struck down, and die.” And as Joab was besieging the city, he assigned Uri′ah to the place where he knew there were valiant men. And the men of the city came out and fought with Joab; and some of the servants of David among the people fell. Uriah the Hittite was slain also. Then Joab sent and told David all the news about the fighting; and he instructed the messenger, “When you have finished telling all the news about the fighting to the king, then, if the king’s anger rises, and if he says to you, ‘Why did you go so near the city to fight? Did you not know that they would shoot from the wall? . .Did not even a woman cast an upper millstone upon him from the wall, so that one died at Thebez? Why did you go so near the wall?’ then you shall say, ‘Your servant Uriah the Hittite is dead also.’” ..So the messenger went, and came and told David all that Jo′ab had sent him to tell. The messenger said to King David, “The men gained an advantage over us, and came out against us in the field; but we drove them back to the entrance of the gate. Then the archers shot at your servants from the wall; some of the king’s servants are dead; and your servant Uri′ah the Hittite is dead also.” David said to the messenger, “Thus shall you say to Joab, ‘Do not let this matter trouble you, for the sword devours now one and now another;  strengthen your attack upon the city, and overthrow it.’  And encourage him.”  When the wife of Uriah, Bathsheba, heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she made lamentation for her dead husband. And when the mourning was over, David sent and brought her to his house, and . . ''

2 Samuel XII Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE)

''And the Lord your God sent Nathan to David. He came to David the king, and said to him, “There were two men in a certain city, the one rich and the other poor.  The rich man had very many flocks and herds; but the poor man had nothing but one little ewe lamb, which he had bought. And he brought it up, and it grew up with him and with his children; it used to eat of his morsel, and drink from his cup, and lie in his bosom, and it was like a daughter to him. Now there came a traveler to the rich man, and he was unwilling to take one of his own flock or herd to prepare for the wayfarer who had come to him, but he took the poor man’s lamb, and prepared it for the man who had come to him.” Then David’s anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, “As the Lord lives, the man who has done this deserves to die; and he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.”Nathan said to David, “You are the man. Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you out of the hand of Saul; and I gave you your master’s house, and your master’s wives into your bosom, and gave you the house of Israel and of Judah; and if this were too little, I would add to you as much more. Why have you despised the word of the Lord, to do what is evil in his sight? You have smitten Uri′ah the Hittite with the sword, and have taken his wife to be your wife, and have slain him with the sword of the Ammonites. Now therefore the sword shall never depart from your house, because you have despised Me, the God of Heaven . . "

p.s. -- Details . . details (.. Lol)!!

Boring is good. Boring is safe.  ~ Ron Stoppable

Re :: (No Subject)

. . . Yes ?!?

p.p.s.  -- 

Without a song . .  the day would never end (smile) ::

Even your emotions had an echo
  In so much space And when you're .. 'out there' (~Double meaning)

Without care,
  Yeah, I was really out of touch
  But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
  But, I just knew too much

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
By the Hoary hosts of Hoggoth . . .

By the Hoary hosts of Hoggoth . . .

> Re :: Misc.  FUN Upload  See: Pic

http://xtupload.com

Labeled to Inside Joke apparently  Now might be it's more of an OFF/On-Site ::

On-Site --  ( You don't know Jack about Sri Vishnu ) ; I'm sorry, apparently you don't know Jack about Sri Vishnu, admit it!! See:: Upload --

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Ok, cue Barney the dinosaur

Interplay with other Thead.  Wasn't 'Barney the Dinosaur" originally played by some black guy?  You know, the one cryogenically frozen "in a tube, or something" ??!

An aside :: Btw, is everyone appreciating the fine rug's color harmony and balance, and its' design intricacy, in that one, huh (SEE: Upload) ?

(?)  You'll believe that there are times, the straightest line to an objective  is a  meandering zig-zag  ?!!

Misc. (Labelled  Under Misc.)  --