Tar Heel Blue turns State red....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tar Heel Blue turns State red....

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 ATHEISM IS POISON!

ATHEISM IS POISON!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hey asshole, if I was

Hey asshole, if I was lying I would not have added that link that he was an atheist. 

Now you moron, I have warned even atheists not to treat the word "atheist" as a moral code, or political party, or loyalty oath.  And by proxy of your stupid response you prove that you have no fucking clue what Hitchens meant or why I agree with him.

"Atheist" is a position on one claim, the "off" position. It should not be turned into a religion, but it could be in the future if atheists in the future decided to treat the word as more than a position. At the point it would become a religion, it would be poison. Right now it is not a religion and I hope it never becomes a religion.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!!

SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Keep it up jackass. For

Keep it up jackass. For someone who has admitted they have not read Hitchens or Dawkins or Stenger, you have no clue how stupid you sound. 

Now asshole, if you would take 7 minutes to listen to this one chapter you would fucking know you take Hitchens out of context. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQOJy_zmJ0Y&index=3&list=PLE1F066608D432D57

3:53 into that chapter, there are the words of Hitchens you and others here faslely paint as hateful. And in that he says "it will never die out"(religion) unless we get over or fear of death. I put that as our fear of being finite. His book is not a call to violence, anymore than saying believing that the earth is flat is poison to the reality it is not flat. 

This asshole who murdered these innocent Muslims no sane atheist I know and especially not Hitchens or Dawkins would ever advocate this behavior in civil society. That does not change my agreement that religion is posion. It is kaliedoscope thinking and contunues to hold back humanity. Nowhere in stating that am I saying atheists are above the same evolution as theists.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
DURKA DURKA DARWIN JIHAD?

Durka durka darwin jihad?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i don't take hitchens AT

i don't take hitchens AT ALL, you twat, in context or otherwise. link me to all these comments i've supposedly made about hitchens over the years. while you're at it, link me to the discussion where i allegedly threw a fit because bob doesn't agree with me. still waiting on that too.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
parking spots are POISON!!!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You guys got me, religion

You guys got me, religion is not poison because no one ever picked up a holy book and said bigoted crap like this.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/chairman-of-alabama-gop-allowing-same-sex-marriage-will-bring-down-gods-wrath-upon-us/#.VN0s-xn...

And it is so awesome that this history of bigotry held back gays just like it did blacks. But religion is harmless we must give it every pass from criticism and never blaspheme it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i don't take

iwbiek wrote:
i don't take hitchens AT ALL, you twat, in context or otherwise. link me to all these comments i've supposedly made about hitchens over the years. while you're at it, link me to the discussion where i allegedly threw a fit because bob doesn't agree with me. still waiting on that too.

Ha! Ok so religion is poison like he said it was?

Oh and bullshit, you told me I needed to have a convo with Bob and when he didn't agree with you you suddenly didn't like him and equated him to me.

You are nothing but a petulant little brat who thought their title would make you the big mentor on campus and when I didn't go "Ok" you threw a fit.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: But religion

Brian37 wrote:
But religion is harmless we must give it every pass from criticism and never blaspheme it.

I don't care, criticize religion all you want but god dammit, don't you ever criticize guns !

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
But religion is harmless we must give it every pass from criticism and never blaspheme it.

I don't care, criticize religion all you want but god dammit, don't you ever criticize guns !

Now why would I do that? Guns and Religion are like Peanutbutter and Choclolate, "You got my blood in your religion, you got your religion in my weapon". Meh, guns and religion is like letting a child play with raor blades and matches, nothing ever will go wrong.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian, have you noticed Cap's latest avatar ?    I think you'll really appreciate it. ( ...a little girl holding a cute assault rifle )

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian, have you noticed Cap's latest avatar ?    I think you'll really appreciate it. ( ...a little girl holding a cute assault rifle )

Almost makes me willing to have kids.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh and

Brian37 wrote:
Oh and bullshit, you told me I needed to have a convo with Bob and when he didn't agree with you you suddenly didn't like him and equated him to me.

link? no? of course not, because such a conversation never happened. i never told you you needed to talk to bob. i said it was more bearable talking to bob than you, and it is. that's not because I thought he agreed with me; I've always known we disagree. i don't attack you because you disagree with me. i attack you because you choose to remain ignorant rather than face the inadequacy of your worldview. i also said it was obvious you put bob up to coming on here and trying to school me when you couldn't cut it. which he failed at. so, for the 100th time, i never tried to steal your man crush. calm down.

and i've never really liked bob, btw. his asinine "sublime to ridiculous" signature was enough to put me off from the beginning. i equate him with you because both your views on religion are equally simplistic and ill-informed. the only difference is that bob is more articulate and shrewder at picking his battles. still, he doesn't particularly impress me and, unlike you, i don't consider his agreement worth much of anything.

incidentally, have you ever asked BOB about your so-called "bobgate"? if he also thinks i was trying to court his agreement, i'd be interested in hearing how he got that impression.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You are

Brian37 wrote:
You are nothing but a petulant little brat who thought their title would make you the big mentor on campus and when I didn't go "Ok" you threw a fit.

uh-huh. again, I'M the petulant little brat raising a happy family and holding down the same job, with promotions, for five years. my salary is modest, but my job comes with a great deal of respect. i'm finishing my education in another country and another language. i took my humble finances and used them to build a three-bedroom brick home with a tile roof for less than $60,000 because i and my in-laws did all our own labor, bought used bricks from demolished buildings, etc. instead of bitching and moaning about the man keeping me down and the pay gap, i took what little i had and spent every free hour for a year and a half shoveling sand into a cement mixer, making concrete and mortar, cutting fiberglass insulation, carrying roof tiles one armload at a time. i spent my first summer vacation as a teacher laying brick with my father-in-law for 12-14 hours a day, building my family's future. i never made a single fucking excuse. i made my life work for me, and despite my job being so low-paid, i did it all without borrowing a cent, except for a small mortgage. i even have a little money stashed away. i'm not saying i didn't have help from family and friends--i had a shit-ton--but i never counted on it.

you, on the other hand, are an unemployed dishwasher who constantly bitches about being handed a raw deal. your boss is to blame for everything, the fat-cats are to blame for everything. well, i've had plenty of bad bosses too, but i sent my resume everywhere and stuck it out until offers came in, then got the hell out of dodge and did better for myself, without leaving any hard feelings behind me. now, if you're living the life you want to live, great. all i'm asking is, which of us has displayed more signs of maturity in his life?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

uh-huh. again, I'M the petulant little brat raising a happy family and holding down the same job, with promotions, for five years. my salary is modest, but my job comes with a great deal of respect. i'm finishing my education in another country and another language. i took my humble finances and used them to build a three-bedroom brick home with a tile roof for less than $60,000 because i and my in-laws did all our own labor, bought used bricks from demolished buildings, etc. instead of bitching and moaning about the man keeping me down and the pay gap, i took what little i had and spent every free hour for a year and a half shoveling sand into a cement mixer, making concrete and mortar, cutting fiberglass insulation, carrying roof tiles one armload at a time. i spent my first summer vacation as a teacher laying brick with my father-in-law for 12-14 hours a day, building my family's future. i never made a single fucking excuse. i made my life work for me, and despite my job being so low-paid, i did it all without borrowing a cent, except for a small mortgage. i even have a little money stashed away. i'm not saying i didn't have help from family and friends--i had a shit-ton--but i never counted on it.
you, on the other hand, are an unemployed dishwasher who constantly bitches about being handed a raw deal. your boss is to blame for everything, the fat-cats are to blame for everything. well, i've had plenty of bad bosses too, but i sent my resume everywhere and stuck it out until offers came in, then got the hell out of dodge and did better for myself, without leaving any hard feelings behind me. now, if you're living the life you want to live, great. all i'm asking is, which of us has displayed more signs of maturity in his life?

You don't get it. You ARE making it  a script issue otherwise you wouldn't talk about your own life as if it was superior to mine. IT ISN'T YOU FUCKWAD! That is just a matter of your own perceptions.

SAGAN's Pale Blue Dot speech is the reality. And even prior Sheakspere was insightfull even without knowing how scientifically right he was with MacBeth act 5 scene 5.

It is a crap shoot with the same ending for everyone. The ride ends for everyone. You build yourself up as important, and that works in evolution because if we did not value survival we would not look both ways before crossing the street. You overconflate your own importance which I do not. 

Evolution isn't about smarts or brawn, those are merely factors. And it still does not change that neither borders or class or religion or political party makes any individual live forever. 

OUR species IS NOT and never was important to evolution, or the universe for that matter. You are special to you, to your family and to like minded people who agree with you. But you are NOT important to evolution or the planet or the universe anymore than I am.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i don't think you have any

nothing is important to evolution. evolution is a human concept used to identify certain patterns in nature. it's not a conscious entity or process that gives a shit about anything, nor does "evolution" matter any more than my life or yours. nothing is objectively any more important than anything else, so my individual life IS every bit as important (or unimportant) as the bigger evolutionary process. in other words, i know evolution doesn't care about me. guess what? i don't care about it either.

and i don't think you have any idea what a script is, otherwise you wouldn't repeat yourself verbatim so goddamn much.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i don't think

iwbiek wrote:
i don't think you have any idea what a script is, otherwise you wouldn't repeat yourself verbatim so goddamn much.

Yea because Marx is a saint an Buddhism is an absolute.

There are no absolutes and we are finite. That means while you masturbate about the patterns you think work for you the planets in the galaxies millions and billions of light years away continue to rotate arround their respective suns without the capability of caring about this spat we are having right now.

Try getting that before you pontificate about how much of a meany I am to religion. I have accepted my place in "all this" as a blip. I do not think you have.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Yea because

Brian37 wrote:

i don't suppose even you have any idea how to connect those things to you repeating yourself.

regardless, have fun with those claims, because you're the only one here who's ever made them. probably because you don't even know the basics about either of those things. and everybody here knows it.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:nothing is

iwbiek wrote:
nothing is important to evolution. evolution is a human concept used to identify certain patterns in nature. it's not a conscious entity or process that gives a shit about anything, nor does "evolution" matter any more than my life or yours. nothing is objectively any more important than anything else, so my individual life IS every bit as important (or unimportant) as the bigger evolutionary process. in other words, i know evolution doesn't care about me. guess what? i don't care about it either.
and i don't think you have any idea what a script is, otherwise you wouldn't repeat yourself verbatim so goddamn much.

Nope see do not conflate agreeing with me that evolution not caring about either of us, as meaning we cant make any observations at all. 

Yes I do have an idea of what you think a script is. You are a "teacher". Which is less important than the "teacher" giving up on bad data. All you have argued is utimately is you think I am an  meany to religion. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
i don't suppose even you have any idea how to connect those things to you repeating yourself.
regardless, have fun with those claims, because you're the only one here who's ever made them. probably because you don't even know the basics about either of those things. and everybody here knows it.

Was Marxism arround 200,000 years ago? Was it arround 1 million years ago? Was it around 4 billion years ago? Was Buddism arround 200,000 years ago? Was it arround 4 billion years ago? Was it arround 14 billion years ago?

So all that crap about speed of light, theory of relativity and background radiation is bullshit because humans like religion?

Got it. Do yourslef a  favor, believe in Vishnu or Thor or Allah or Jesus and find a holy book to defend because that is what you sound like.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:All you have

Brian37 wrote:
All you have argued is utimately is you think I am an  meany to religion. 

no, i have not argued that, nor can you point to a single quote of mine where i've argued that. as usual, your claims are totally without merit. i have argued consistently that you are completely ignorant both about religion as a phenomenon and about every individual religion, that you know this, and that you choose to remain that way out of pride and laziness.

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Was Marxism

Brian37 wrote:
Was Marxism arround 200,000 years ago? Was it arround 1 million years ago? Was it around 4 billion years ago? Was Buddism arround 200,000 years ago? Was it arround 4 billion years ago? Was it arround 14 billion years ago?

so that makes them totally without merit for humans? how does that work? never mind, you have no fucking idea...

Brian37 wrote:
Do yourslef a  favor, believe in Vishnu or Thor or Allah or Jesus and find a holy book to defend because that is what you sound like.

yes, keep trying to cram me into one of your straw men. that way you'll never have to get a fucking education about the concepts you discuss. it's quotes like this that prove your ignorance about religion, because a huge portion of the world's religious population does not defend either a god or a holy book.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You don't get

Brian37 wrote:

You don't get it. You ARE making it  a script issue otherwise you wouldn't talk about your own life as if it was superior to mine. IT ISN'T YOU FUCKWAD! That is just a matter of your own perceptions.

Just because something is judged subjectively does not preclude one being superior to another. All it means is that the comparison cannot be made quantitatively. However, it is utter foolishness to claim that all singers are equal, all painters are equal, all authors are equal or anything else that is judged subjectively. Clearly, some are better than others, there might be significant disagreement over who is best, but everyone can agree that Adele can sing a fuckton better than me.

Since this started with you calling iwbiek an immature brat, well at best it is the pot calling the kettle black. In reality, it is more like the pot calling pearl white China black.

Quote:

It is a crap shoot with the same ending for everyone. The ride ends for everyone. You build yourself up as important, and that works in evolution because if we did not value survival we would not look both ways before crossing the street. You overconflate your own importance which I do not. 

The end is the most irrelevant part of our lives, it is the stuff in the middle where you can maximize the benefits of existence. If anyone is overinflating their importance, it is the person comparing their lack of success to the actual success of others. Then having the audacity to call them immature? Really? The first step of achieving any goal is to make an honest appraisal of yourself, if you have ever done so, it certainly doesn't show here.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

ATHEISM IS POISON!

iwbiek wrote:
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!!

butterbattle wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Rofl. Thank you all for making it worth opening a brian topic after all.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Beyond Saving

Vastet wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

ATHEISM IS POISON!

iwbiek wrote:
SCIENCE DAMN YOU!!!!

butterbattle wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Rofl. Thank you all for making it worth opening a brian topic after all.

mine is from south park, where cartman goes to the future and religion has been wiped out. atheists are at war with each other about what to name their atheist organization.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes I caught that. It was a

Yes I caught that. It was a great episode. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.