Christian Intervention with Lawrence Show #7

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christian Intervention with Lawrence Show #7

Lawrence who follows "Christ my way" is on the show to discuss his beliefs and answer the tough questions from the Rational Response Squad.

Brief notes on the topics and questions discussed in this episode...

Is the bible literal or metaphorical? Would you say contradictions are metaphorical?

What if we could show you that the God of the bible lied?

Do you think that god is all loving?

If god is infinite, is he also hate?

If god is the creator of all things is he not the creator of evil as well?

If god is infinite isn't god love and hate at the same time?

Why do you think god would create something that he knew ahead of time would occur? Why would he subject himself to that?

If god is all knowing then god knows before certain people come into existence that they are going to hell when they die. He knew about it before he created the Universe.
God is all knowing therefore he knows ahead of time who is going to hell and who is going to heaven. Certain people were born with god knowing they were going to hell. It's hard to reconcile that with all loving. Would you create a child if you knew in advance that child was going to go to hell? (LONG PAUSE AND DODGED ANSWER)

Are there bad parts in the bible? In Leviticus there are things you are supposed to kill your children for, and the new testament tells you that you can be forgiven for these things.

An atheist that lives a decent good life he'll go to hell but a death row inmate who repents will go to heaven.

Why should the King James bible be used? The other bibles are made to fix the "errors" in the bible. The manuscripts contradict each other. There is no original one copy of the bible.

Deutoronomy 12:30, 6:15, 2:25
Deutoronomy 17:2-7... Rook interprets to mean that Rational Response Squad hosts should be stoned to death.

Lawrence interprets the passage to mean this only applies before Jesus came.

Rook responds with Matthew 23:2-3 John 7:19 and Mark 1:44 to explain that Jesus said you must abide by all of the old testament.

We then cover Isaiah 45:7 KJV in which god I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil, I the lord do all these things. We then cover the difference of this passage in 3 different bibles and how it's sugar coated in other newer versions of the bibles.

There are people that blame the bad things on this planet on atheists, gays, and satan. Meanwhile the bible clearly states it's the lord that does these things.

At 53:30 Lawrence admits there is a flaw in the bible, but it doesn't mean much.

Paraphrasing Lawrence at 58 minutes: In order to believe in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, you need to start by believing in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.

Why do I have to please an infinite being? He doesn't need to be pleased, he's infinite.

It's reading the bible that led us away from it. Rook wanted to become a Priest a few years before the recording of the show. He was willing to give up sex for god, so he really believed! 1:01:45

Lawrence can see where we're coming from and can understand why the bible pushed us away but he can't ever do that.

Jesus says in Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Lawrence responds by bringing up a version of the bible that someone changed to have a totally different sugar coated meaning.

1:07 the bible says if you have the faith you can move mountains, but nobody has ever moved a mountain with their faith. Lawrence says it's more of a spiritual thing.

Jesus committed witchcraft (against Levitican law) by cursing a tree so that no fig could ever grow from it again.

Ok fine Lawrence all of these things are metaphors. How do we tell the difference between literal and metaphors. Just the parts are bullshit aren't literal.

1:13 Lawrence can't accept this stuff because it's a faith killer. "Exactly" Lawrence says.

Matthew 10:34 (at 1:15): Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

(at 1:17) Lawrence has an aunt that's an atheist, is she less moral than him? He doesn't admit that she is or isn't.

Lawrence claims to be unwavered by the discussion... the seeds were planted.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 very interesting stuff.

very interesting stuff. thanks for posting