Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i know this is satire, but

i know this is satire, but generally speaking, i never understood the whole brouhaha over "hussein." it's one of the most common bloody names in the world.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i know this is

iwbiek wrote:
i know this is satire, but generally speaking, i never understood the whole brouhaha over "hussein." it's one of the most common bloody names in the world.

Don't look now but we agree on something. IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

While no country is perfect, America really has had a long history of xenophobia, and we have been lacking in civics classes as per "No religious test" in our oath of office. 

There is a huge paranoia in this country that race and religion matter as far as holding office, when what keeps us pluralistic the First Amendment and the oath of office. If humans would get their heads out of their asses, they would know that what matters isn't in his name, or what his parent's backgroud is. What matters is does that individual politician do her/his job in providing economic stability. 

There is nothing in the Constitution preventing any person born here from attempting to become president, they still have to run, and win enough votes, but name and skin tone and bloodline or religion, are not a test according to the constitution. Someone born here with chinese facial features, or a buddhist, or Hindu, anyone is allowed to make the attempt to win enough votes. 

Hate Obama for his policies(stupid considering we are better off now), that is part of politics, but anyone basing their votes on skin tone, or name are morons.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i know this is

iwbiek wrote:

It's because American's, in general, live under rocks and in caves.

I have found that people who travel, a lot, are more accepting to items like "hussein", multiple wives, strange foods and unusual customs. It's like when I tell people I've eaten llama or Guinea pig they suddenly become horrified with me. "How could you eat those things?".

My response is that the locals eat those and they are a delicacy and when am I going back to Peru again?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I have

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I have found that people who travel, a lot, are more accepting to items like "hussein", multiple wives, strange foods and unusual customs. It's like when I tell people I've eaten llama or Guinea pig they suddenly become horrified with me. "How could you eat those things?".

People same the exact same thing when I eat humans. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Hate Obama for

Brian37 wrote:

Hate Obama for his policies(stupid considering we are better off now), that is part of politics, but anyone basing their votes on skin tone, or name are morons.

Do you seriously think that any person voted against Obama just because of his name or skin color that would have voted for him if his name was "John Smith" white as a cracker with identical policy positions and identical campaign? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

People same the exact same thing when I eat humans. 

The way you talk about economics I am surprised you dont. BURN! Sorry dude, you walked right into that one.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Do you seriously think that any person voted against Obama just because of his name or skin color that would have voted for him if his name was "John Smith" white as a cracker with identical policy positions and identical campaign? 

Do you stupidly think everyone voted for him because he was black? We are pretty divided as a nation, have been since Gore v Bush. It took swing voters to put him in office. Blacks were voting democtratic long before he ran. 

You stupidly think we are a post racial society? You don't think of yourself as racist I am sure. But just like economics you live in a bubble. No I am not calling you personally a racist, I am accusing you of living in a bubble.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Do you

Brian37 wrote:

Do you stupidly think everyone voted for him because he was black? We are pretty divided as a nation, have been since Gore v Bush. It took swing voters to put him in office. Blacks were voting democtratic long before he ran. 

No, I don't and I never said anything similar. I think the election results would have been near identical, or so close as to not make a difference. Now if say Herman Cain had won the nomination, and say Hillary on the dem side, that would have been interesting. I think some blacks might have crossed over just because of his race, and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. The first black president is pretty historic, it is a shame that the first black president is such a terrible ass of a president. 

Brian37 wrote:

You stupidly think we are a post racial society? You don't think of yourself as racist I am sure. But just like economics you live in a bubble. No I am not calling you personally a racist, I am accusing you of living in a bubble.

I'm not racist, you are and I have pointed out numerous examples of it. I'll keep pointing them out as you come across them.